The number of columns for each row in a table value constructor must be the same.?

I have the following script that inserts rows into the table type and sends
the table to the DeleteHeadlines stored procedure.

1. The rows listed below that are inserted into the parameter already exist
in the table itself.

2. The stored procedure uses a merge to delete all of the rows if they exist
in the source/target.

3. I get the following error on line 11: "The number of columns for each row
in a table value constructor must be the same."

4. In order, the tables columns are
HeadlineID,HeadlineTitle,HeadlineDescription,HeadlineContent,HeadlineStartDate,HeadlineEndDate,HeadlineLastUpdated.

I can't figure out why I keep getting this error when I had done the exact
same thing to test my insert with merge. Any ideas?

declare @Headlines as [Headlines].[HeadlinesTable]

insert into @Headlines
(HeadlineID,HeadlineTitle,HeadlineDescription,HeadlineContent,HeadlineStartDate,HeadlineEndDate,HeadlineLastUpdated)

values

(10,'rollback','Testing transactions that should work.','What is there to
say about inserts?','2010-03-12','2012-05-31',null),

(15,'rollback1','Testing transactions that should work. What is there to say
about inserts?','2010-03-12','2012-05-31',NULL),

(18,'rollback2','Testing transactions that should work. What is there to say
about inserts?','2010-03-12','2012-05-31',NULL),

(28,'rollback3','Testing insert','Who
knows?','2010-03-03','2010-11-05',NULL),

(30,'rollback4','Testing insert','Who
knows?','2010-03-03','2010-11-05',NULL)

go

exec [Headlines].[DeleteHeadlines] @Headlines

0
Andy

The first 2 insert statements do not have the same structure.  Below are the
lines expanded to a column per row.  Note that the string content is split
into two lines in the first insert but only one in the second.  Typo
probably.

(10,
'rollback',
'Testing transactions that should work.',
'What is there to say about inserts?',
'2010-03-12',
'2012-05-31',
null),

(15,
'rollback1',
'Testing transactions that should work. What is there to say about
inserts?',
'2010-03-12',
'2012-05-31',
NULL),

Fitz

"Andy B." <a_borka@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> I have the following script that inserts rows into the table type and
> sends the table to the DeleteHeadlines stored procedure.
>

> 1. The rows listed below that are inserted into the parameter already
> exist in the table itself.
>
> 2. The stored procedure uses a merge to delete all of the rows if they
> exist in the source/target.
>
> 3. I get the following error on line 11: "The number of columns for each
> row in a table value constructor must be the same."
>
> 4. In order, the tables columns are
> HeadlineID,HeadlineTitle,HeadlineDescription,HeadlineContent,HeadlineStartDate,HeadlineEndDate,HeadlineLastUpdated.
>
> I can't figure out why I keep getting this error when I had done the exact
> same thing to test my insert with merge. Any ideas?
>

> declare @Headlines as [Headlines].[HeadlinesTable]
>
> insert into @Headlines
> (HeadlineID,HeadlineTitle,HeadlineDescription,HeadlineContent,HeadlineStartDate,HeadlineEndDate,HeadlineLastUpdated)
>
> values
>
> (10,'rollback','Testing transactions that should work.','What is there to
> say about inserts?','2010-03-12','2012-05-31',null),
>
> (15,'rollback1','Testing transactions that should work. What is there to
> say about inserts?','2010-03-12','2012-05-31',NULL),
>
> (18,'rollback2','Testing transactions that should work. What is there to
> say about inserts?','2010-03-12','2012-05-31',NULL),
>
> (28,'rollback3','Testing insert','Who
> knows?','2010-03-03','2010-11-05',NULL),
>
> (30,'rollback4','Testing insert','Who
> knows?','2010-03-03','2010-11-05',NULL)
>
> go
>
> exec [Headlines].[DeleteHeadlines] @Headlines

0
Mark

Adding a row to a protected table
Graham Mayor provides a macro that is extremely helpful to me in a project I am working on entitled: "An alternative method of adding a row to a protected table " (http://www.gmayor.com/word_vba_examples.htm). What I am having trouble with is identifying the number of the table. I have a lengthy document and over time some tables have been added or deleted, and I am suspecting that I my table numbers are 'out-there.' I have a commandbutton running the above macro and if I tested the macro to add rows to tables 1-4 and it works fine. However, I cannot seem t...

Numbering
Can I enter numbers in a cross functional flowchart? On Mon, 24 Aug 2009 12:07:02 -0700, carosaam <carosaam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can I enter numbers in a cross functional flowchart? Yes. Do you mean for the process names or function names? Yes. -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. Electronics for Visio http://www.electronics.sandrila.co.uk/ Electrical for Visio http://www.electrical.sandrila.co.uk/ Electronics Packages for Visio http://www.electronics-packages.sandrila.co.uk/ ...

i enter value in one column the next column existing value turn 0
I am working same work sheet with two columns one is Anticipated Variation cost and the other approved variation with corresponding total. when i enter cost in approved variation the corresponding row in anticipated variation column should auotmaticlly become zero.cna you help me out with the formula to use =IF(A1<>"",0,"") -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Bonnie" <Bonnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F5A64A0-224E-4C75-84A9-BC7DCABD52F7@microsoft.com... >I am working same work sheet with two columns o...

Insert Multiple Records into a Table
Can I insert multiple records into a table using "INSERT INTO"., it seems it can insert only one record at one time. INSERT INTO Table1 (F1, F2, F3, F4) VALUES ( 'CCP', 0.0115, 0.008202, 120) Is there an alternate way to insert multiple records in MS Access Table using a query. Please help. Thanks. mario wrote: >Can I insert multiple records into a table using "INSERT INTO"., it seems it >can insert only one record at one time. > >INSERT INTO Table1 (F1, F2, F3, F4) VALUES ( 'CCP', 0.0115, 0.008202, 120) > >Is there ...

How do I expand the number of characters in Access comment box?
I am using Access 2007 and want to be able to include more than 250 characters in a "Comment" box. Hi, You could try changing your table's field type to Memo. Assuming that your are talking about a field in a table, that maybe shows on a form. If that is not the case, please describe precisely what comment box your are attempting to use. Clifford Bass Pearlene wrote: >I am using Access 2007 and want to be able to include more than 250 >characters in a "Comment" box. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

negative number to positive number
How can I change a negative number to positive number Multiply by -1 or use the ABS() function. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "fgiord" <fgiord@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:62C2A6DA-7AC2-4379-AEFC-B3D6F3698E58@microsoft.com... > How can I change a negative number to positive number =ABS(##) or mult it by -1 -- Regards Rob "fgiord" <fgiord@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:62C2A6DA-7AC2-4379-AEFC-B3D6F3698E58@microsoft.com... > How can I chan...

1-52 pages, 8,000 employee numbers
Dear Excel, I have the ultimate challenge: to do job books for 8,000 employees. The form is completed, but the request is to make booklets of 52 pages for each employee. Each page of the booklet must also have each employee's number on it (0001 to 8000). Each page o fthe booklet must be numbered with the week number from 01 to 52. Therefore I need to auto generate 416,000 pages. Ridiculous I know but nobody listens to us! How can I export the above scenario to PDF from Excel? Thanks On Apr 19, 2:17=A0pm, gatecrasherg13 gatecrasherg13 <gatecrasher...@gmail.com> wr...

Need a formula for multiple sums in a cloumn when rows vary
I am making a invoice I need a total for each truck, with a grand total at the end. The number of rows for each truck in the amount column will vary. Is it possible to have the text truck total to the left of the total? A small example below, there will be more entries under each truck and more trucks also. tr# date hrs rate amount 3 4/12/10 10 50 500 4/13/10 5 50 250 truck 3 total 750 4 4/10/10 1 50 50 truck 4 total 50 and so on ...

Autoresize column for ClistCtrl
Hi, how could I have a Clistcontrol that always resizes its columns(>=1) exactly to fit its content. Recently I saw an article on codeproject for a C# ListView control where they use a trick. They send a [Control] + [+] key , it possible to do the same with MFC. If not how can I do the same ? I have seen that done. First see if SetColumnWidth with either LVSCW_AUTOSIZE or LVSCW_AUTOSIZE_USEHEADER will help you out. If not see this article. (It mainly about a bug in windows related to resizing a list control and it's header dynamically) http://www.codeproject.com/useritems/Auto_S...

Hide page numbers for mutliple discontiquous levels
Hi: I need to hide the page numbers for levels 1 and 7 in my TOC. I used the \n switch to hide level 1, but cannot find a way to specify multiple ranges for this switch. Is there a way to do this? I am using Word 2003. Phil You have to use a trick. See the "Omitting page numbers for noncontiguous levels" section of http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/TOCTips.htm#OmitPageNumbers -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Phillip Llacuna" <phillip.v.llacuna@lmco.com> wrote in me...

Sequential numbering in Number field
When I am entering transactions manually, I will put "Debit" or "VISA" to indicate how the withdrawl was made. When I download my account information, Money05 overwrites this with a sequential number. I have to go into the entry a second time to redo my change. Does anyone know how to turn this "feature" off? I want my values used - sequential numbering does not help me in the slightest. This is not a "feature" you can turn off. It's a reflection of the basic premise of downloaded transaction data. The presumption with downloading data...

Number of Cells in a column
Hi, I want to add this formula in my ESS. COUNTIF(sheet1!S2:S43,"*Yes*") to find out the number of value containing "YES". My concern is I don't have fixed count from S2 to S43. It could be something else. What can I do to have this code reusable? I thought something like COUNTIF(Sheet!S2:Count($S2),"*Yes*") \But it doesnt work Thanks for your help Jack Try this if there is nothing else in that column:- =COUNTIF(sheet1!S:S,"*Yes*") -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - ...

General Number Format Changed
Excel 2003 on XP I have a collegue who's Excel setting for General number format displays as 0.1 instead of 1 in the sample box. ie if you type in "1" you get "0.1", if you type in ".1" (as in 0.1) you get "1". Where in the settings can this General format be returned to standard? Many thanks DeanH Sorry that should have been: ie if you type in "1" you get "0.1", if you type in "1." (as in 1.0) you get "1". "DeanH" wrote: > Excel 2003 on XP > I have a collegue who's Excel setting for G...

How to define cells so that only numbers can be filled?
Hi, How could I format cells in excel so that only numbers can be filled The input should be integer e.g. between 0...99 and cells shoud no accept any other marks, such as space, letters... simply nothing els but integers. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Juha! Try: Data > Validation You'll find it pretty intuitive and very flexible as to what you can do as far a restricting input to a cell. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available fre...

Numbering, revisited
While there are already a lot of posts about numbering, I haven't been able to find the solutions for my specific quandry... [BTW, I'm posting this under "General" even though ultimately I'd like to make macros to support the answer -- since a manual solution needs to be the first step! :) ] Background: My workgroup is preparing to migrate to Word 2007 very soon. We create/maintain hundreds of large procedure manuals, each containing multiple chapters (sometimes up to 40-50 per manual). Each chapter consists of steps, using multi-level numbered lists...

Limit number of characters in a cell
Hi, Is there a way to limit the number of characters that a user can key into a cell. I want to get a list of names and addresses imputted by user, but I don't want them to be more than 35 characters. Thanks for the help Dr. Senji Take a look at Data|Validation. You can have excel yell at the user when they hit enter after typing in a too-long string. Dr Senji wrote: > > Hi, > > Is there a way to limit the number of characters that a user can key into a > cell. > > I want to get a list of names and addresses imputted by user, but I don't > want the...

transaction number in PC Charge
Is there any way to manage the fields that should go to PC Charge while tendering credit cards in RMS. The problem is that transaction number ( called Ticket in PC Charge) doesn't appear in PC Charge and that cost as extra money. Regards, Ewa ...

duplicate data in column
I created a spreadsheet with three columns from data pulled that may not be correct. One of the columns is MAC address which I know there are duplicates in this column. Based off the 500 rows, I am trying to figure how can I find out where a MAC Address is in the MAC Address more than once. I have found that the MAC address which is tied to a device could be in two locations and I am trying to narrow where it might be since the place we get all the data is never updated. Excel Format example of the file Location Number MACAddress DC1 21 00A0F8610E1C DC1 20 00A0F8610E...

Case, Quote numbering
We should have the ability to number the cases without having a suffix. If we do have a suffix, we should be able to define the suffix. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/defa...

selected row count of list box
A2k Is there a way to get the selected row count of a list box dynamically as the user selects rows? Delphi has an event called "OnSelectionChanged" but Access is much more limited. I don't want the user to have to exit the list box or click a button or anything manual in order to see the # of rows he's selected. How can this be done? I know about "lstCusts.ItemsSelected.Count" but not sure what event to use it in to accomplish what I need. Thanks, Keith Never mind. I did this and it handles both mouse and keyboard selections: Private Sub lstCusts_AfterUpdat...

Toggle Data Label "Value" On and Off
Is there any way to toggle the "Value" label for a chart on and off using a button linked to some VBA code. I'd like to be able to have the label formatted (i.e. color, size, etc) so that the user just has to click a button for the values to show on the bars of the chart. Thanks for any help you can give! -Josh Found my own answer through recording macros. Here is the code I used, applying it to a toggle button. Private Sub ToggleButton1_Click() Application.ScreenUpdating = False If ToggleButton1.VALUE = True Then ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 1").Ac...

Rounding numbers to the nearest thousand
Simple question (i hope) Is there a simple way i can round numbers to the nearest thousand by using the format cells command. For example i would like to display 1,234.56 as 12 I don't want to be diving by 1000 and rounding to zero decimal places because i still want the whole number displayed in the formula bar when selecting it. i use excel 2003 thanx Mark Format the number as #,##0,;-#,##0, or similar. Not the comma at the end - this tells Excel to display as thousands (two commas here will display as millions). Note that 1,234.56 will display as 1 (thousand) not 12. "...

Append many queries to tables
I'm trying to automate the running of 8 queries that append to 3 different existing tables (for example): qry1, qry2, qry3 appends to tbl1. qry4, qry5, qry6 appends to tbl2. qry7, qry8 appends to tbl3. I've been doing this process manually, the tables already exist with the proper field names that align with the field names in the qry's. There is no duplication of fields between qrys or tbls. Since I do this once every week I have to first make a blank copy of each table (keeping the original field names and settings only), then I delete the old table and then I append each...

sorting numbers and numbers that contain text in excel
A column contains both strictly numbers and also numbers that are followed by text (e.g., row 1: 1000, row 2: 1500; row 3: 1000a; row 4: 1500a) Identical numbers are related documents, with the text suffixes referring to addenda documents; thus, document 1000 has an addendum document 1000a; How can I sort the column so in the following order: row 1 (1000), row 3 (1000a), row 2 (1500), row 4 (1500a)? Thank you -- MZ =TEXT(A1,"0") will turn each into text, then sort by that helper column (and don't accept Excel's suggestion to treat text that looks like number...

Deleting rows at bottom of sheet
I have 82 rows of data in my excel sheet but 65,000 rows in my file! How do I get rid of these unnecessary additional rows at the bottom of my sheet? I have tried some of the methods listed on this site but have not had any luck. When I select the unncessary rows and try to delete them, I am not getting the pop-up that allows you to select "entire row." Hi Bethany You can't delete the rows in Excel. But you can hide them if you want like this 1) Select row 83(Click on 83 to select the whole row) 2) Ctrl-Shift-down Arrow to select all rows below row 82 3) Right click on the s...