SSIS FTP Agent Task Trouble

I am trying to finish a project that requires SQL Server 2008 SSIS package to
send files to another server.   The server is not in our domain and we need
to make this happen with SSIS FTP.  The job runs great in test as I am signed
into the server running it manually.   Running the job from the Agent bombs -
it's sending the Logon ID OK but the password is not coming so the job fails.
  I am new to SSIS FTP and I know this must be a variable and passing along
the code in a file.   I simply don't know how to make it happen code wise and
were to put the variables in the SSIS FTP Connection package.   Please help.

--
NC Beach Bum

On Mon, 16 Aug 2010 15:16:03 -0700, NC Beach Bum
<NCBeachBum@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am trying to finish a project that requires SQL Server 2008 SSIS package to
>send files to another server.   The server is not in our domain and we need
>to make this happen with SSIS FTP.  The job runs great in test as I am signed
>into the server running it manually.   Running the job from the Agent bombs -
>it's sending the Logon ID OK but the password is not coming so the job fails.
>  I am new to SSIS FTP and I know this must be a variable and passing along
>the code in a file.   I simply don't know how to make it happen code wise and
>were to put the variables in the SSIS FTP Connection package.   Please help.

Hi

If you have configured the password as a task property then it may be
dropped when the package is exported/imported. You could use a
configuration file to define the values or if the property is set to
take it's value from a packaged variable you can set the variable when
the package is executed.

Look at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms141105.aspx and

John
0
John
8/17/2010 10:14:32 AM
John - This is music to my ears!  Thank you for your quick reply and the
affirmation that I have not lost my mind.    Thank You!
--
NC Beach Bum

"John Bell" wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Aug 2010 15:16:03 -0700, NC Beach Bum
> <NCBeachBum@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I am trying to finish a project that requires SQL Server 2008 SSIS package to
> >send files to another server.   The server is not in our domain and we need
> >to make this happen with SSIS FTP.  The job runs great in test as I am signed
> >into the server running it manually.   Running the job from the Agent bombs -
> >it's sending the Logon ID OK but the password is not coming so the job fails.
> >  I am new to SSIS FTP and I know this must be a variable and passing along
> >the code in a file.   I simply don't know how to make it happen code wise and
> >were to put the variables in the SSIS FTP Connection package.   Please help.
> >

> Hi
>
> If you have configured the password as a task property then it may be
> dropped when the package is exported/imported. You could use a
> configuration file to define the values or if the property is set to
> take it's value from a packaged variable you can set the variable when
> the package is executed.
>
> Look at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms141105.aspx and
>
> John
> .

Anyone using Auto Accept Agent with a customized XML config file?
Is anyone using the Auto Accept Agent and has customized the agent's XML config file to give customized repsones for individual mailboxes or change from the agent default settings? I have followed the Auto Accept Agent administration guide to the letter on this with no luck. the agent always uses its default settings. The XML file is valid and there are no messages in the logs. Restarting the service doesn't help either. This is on an Exchange 2003 Enterprise edition server running on W2K3 Server SP1. I haven't run across anyone who has it working, only a few like me who c...

My Tasks showing 2 Views in the window
After using site actions to change the MY TASKS display to show as hours rather than days, users are reporting having 2 "views" appearing in the My Tasks window. The heading even shows "My Tasks (2)". This does not occur on my or other admin's views. But, the other users all see this double view in the window. Any ideas how to address this? On Mar 31, 11:59=A0am, Bonnie <Bon...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > After using site actions to change the MY TASKS display to show as hours > rather than days, users are reporting having 2 "v...

Outlook Newsreader launch trouble
I followed the directions and put the 'news' option on my 'go' dropdown menu and it ran fine that first time. When I went back to it it now starts windows explorer without an error message. Do I need to do a registry tweak to have it find the program again... what is the news reader executable? thanks It would help immensely if everyone would PLEASE POST the version of Outlook that you are using. There are currently 5 versions of Outlook and 7 modes - each one has different answers depending on the question. Help up help you. Now, assuming that you are talking about...

Trouble accessing this NG
My usual contact with this NG is via msnews.microsoft.com Today, I cannot make "contact" and have resorted to my ISP's News Server. Any one know what would cause this? Rob Rob No idea. msnews.microsoft.com working fine for myself. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 22:40:39 GMT, "Rob Nobel" <robnobel1@bigpondNOGOOBS.comNOGOOBS> wrote: >My usual contact with this NG is via msnews.microsoft.com >Today, I cannot make "contact" and have resorted to my ISP's News Server. >Any one know what would cause this? >Rob > Yes Gord,...

Excel close on startup, but stay in task manager
Some of my users complains about problems opening Excel documents. About 2 sec. after they open a document it close automatically. I have found out that the excel.exe process stay as an active task and can be closed from the task manager. It is not happening every time but almost! I have tried starting Excel in safemode, but with same result :-( 3 out of 18 users having this problem and are all are running Windows Vista. Any ides troubleshooting this matter? look for rougue files in Start folder disable all add-ins is it ALL documents or just some? alwys the same user ...

DPM 2010 on DC : Error when attach agent on server
Hi, at all I have DPM 2010 RTM succesfully installed on a Server 2008 R2 domain controller. The SQL Database is running locally (in separate Istance) on this DC as well, everything seems to work fine: i dont have error and backup on local file is ok; DPM server have a Hyper-v Rore installed because 1 VM is running on it. When i try to attach a Agent on VM or fisical domain server i have an privilege authentication error : " Unable to configure security settings for "server1" on the computer "DPMserver"..... Make sure that the user name and passwo...

task scheduler error
hi, from yesterday i'm trying to make scheduled task for daily backup (batch script) but always getting this: The new task could not be created. The specific error is: 0x80070005: Access is denied. Try using the Task page Browse button to locate the application. google is not my friend for this so far ;( has anyone some experience with this error? thanks in advance In the schedule task please check the checkbox Run with the highest privileges and test one more time With kind regards Krystian Zieja http://www.projectenvision.com "Ivan Horvat" wrote: ...

autd trouble tool and binding cleanup tool
I am trying to get the autd troubleshooting tool configured but I keep getting denied 403 errors. I am getting the same things with the binding cleanup tool? "JoeS" <JoeS@joesnotreal.com> wrote: >I am trying to get the autd troubleshooting tool configured but I keep >getting denied 403 errors. Can you be more specific? What "autd troubleshooting tool"? >I am getting the same things with the binding cleanup tool? A 403 would be some sort of permissions problem, usually a certificate. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://w...

Is it possible to see the critical path of a specific task (non-cr
Hi everyone, Sory for the bad english...i`ll try to be clear!! For example, i have a big project in ms project, and i do some uptades and when i do this normally the project gets a finish date even more late. What i would like to know is, for example, my boss ask me for a task (TASK ID780) in the midle off the project "Why it became so late?" and i usually see all the tasks that are ID780 predecessors, and try to see the answer. Is it possible to do a formula, or something else, that show me the critical path of a specific task. With the baseline dates and variances a...

Custom menu trouble
I have a custom toolbar that contains the expand all and collapse all icons. The database has a form/subform in datasheet view that I use the expand all/colapse all commands on and it works fine. However, I've imported the toolbar into another database and the icons are disabled in the same form/subform situation and I can't figure out why. What might be the reason for this? Many thanks, Ripper There's a check-box corresponding to custom toolbars and macros that needs to be checked when you carry out the import. Haven't used that in a while, so can't...

get CPU usage (like in task manager) and FreePhysicalMemory
Hi, I've no experience in csharp and i search for scripts over the net for find the current cpu usage like in task manager (for all processors ) when i run it and another script that show the current Free Physical Memory. THX you can use wmi... for example Win32_OperatingSystem offers some useful information: using System; using System.Collections.Generic; using System.Linq; using System.Text; using System.Management; namespace memory { class Program { static void Main(string[] args) { var query = new ObjectQuery("SELE...

Trouble Displaying a Non-Contiguous Data Range
I'm having trouble creating a chart that shows days off that individual employees are taking for a particular month. I can create an underlying data table, but I'm unable to create a chart based on the data. I'd like the chart to look something like this with days of the particular month on the Y axis and the names of the people on the X axis: Month of July 31 30 29 28 .. .. 5 .. .. 1 Sue Mary ..... Tom I'm having trouble displaying a non-contiguous data range for a particular person (x value). If Sue were to take off, for exam...

Synchronizing Outlook Tasks To Palm Cancels Task Assignments
When I sync my Palm 5.x device to Outlook 2003, it removed all task assignments and changed the priority on the same to "low." Now, when a staff updates a task, I still receive a message with the update, but it doesn't update my copy of the task. Any ideas on how I can re-associate my now unassigned tasks with the accepted tasks on my staffs' PCs? I don't care too much about the priority issue, but I at least need a way to restore the assignments. Since I have delegated about 150 tasks, it would not be too practical to (1) manually copy all current task notes into a n...

Trouble connecting to FTP server to Publish my website?
I am using FTP to publish my Website to the internet. I have created the FTP site but when I go to Publish to the Web it says it can not access because I might have to change firewall/proxy settings? I do not have a firewall so what else am I missing? thanks, Kathleen Help here Publisher - Uploading Articles on publishing Publisher web publications How to trouble-shoot Publisher web upload issues http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/articles/category/1921.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Kathleen" <...

Auto Accept Agent not firing
I am running the Auto Accept Agent on my Exchange 2003 server in an attempt to allow users to schedule resources through OWA. I have registered all of the mailboxes as the guide has stated is necessary but when ever I schedule through OWA nothing happens. Nothing is logged in the event viewer, their is nothing in the performance monitors. It appears as if the agent is just not firing as it is supposed to. The auto accept installation guide does not provide any options for troubleshooting if nothing is being registered. ...

Repeating same task for different cell
Hi All , I need to repeat the below task at different cell . E.g C8 ,D20 , C21 ... Dim sRange As String sRange = "C8" Range(sRange).Select If IsEmpty(ActiveCell) = True Then ?.. Else ?? End If Would appreciate someone can help , thanks. -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com modify this script to a function as follows Private Function modval(row,column) Dim sRange As String sRange = worksheets("your worksheet name").cells(row,column) Range(sRange).Select If IsEmpty(ActiveCell) = True Then ?.. Else ?? End If Then in the cell you put value which is to be m...

Graphing trouble
I am having an awful time trying to get a simple graph on a report to work in Access 2007 and am not sure what I am doing wrong. The intent of the graph is to display a summed weight of a product over time. There is a form on which the user can select a date span, a shift (A, B, C, D or All) and the products to sum. The query (except for one issue) works fine but the graph itself is all wonky. If I select a time span of 12/1/2009 to 12/31/2009, I will have perhaps 7 days that contain summed weights to display. My intent was to have a graph that a time axis on the bottom (...

Insights running but not open in task bar?
So I installed Money Plus and imported/converted my old money 2004 file. That file was a file I had been using since 1999 in Quicken...it's gone through some imports by now. I decided to rename my old money files xxxx_OLD, and create a brand new from scratch one. I figured this would help me utilize all the nice new features. So I got this all setup, but there is a problem with Insight. * I have the checkbox checked that says 'Start Insights when windows starts', but the icon doesn't show up in the task bar. * When I click on the the Insights launcher, it says t...

Trouble Populating Graph Object Via VBA
Bottom like is that the code works if I break and then resume, but does not work otherwise. I'm coding in MS Access, but this being the Excel NG, I thought maybe somebody here might have been where I am now.... Stepping through the code, it's like the Graph.Datasheet is going "Poof!". Later in the code, I set TitleText, so the pointer to Graph is still there... but sometimes the cell assignments "stick" and sometimes they don't. It's just when I right-click the form's Chart object and select 'Edit' that I can see that the datasheet is empty -...

question on "include" in schema files (.xsd). Trouble validating schema in .NET
Hi, I hope someone can please help me. I'm having a lot of trouble with schema files in .NET. I have produced a very simple example that uses "include" to include other schema files. It all works with SPY, but when I pick "Validate Schema" from the .NET 2003 menu, it fails with message: "Type XType is not declared." As I hinted at in my subject line, I suspect that it has to do with including another schema multiple times. Can someone tell me how this should be done? Possibly, SPY or .NET do not conform to the standard. Is there a reference somewhere t...

Automatically delete completed tasks
Is there an "option" I'm missing? I would like completed tasks to be automatically deleted. Is this possible? thanks, sandy sandy <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there an "option" I'm missing? I would like completed > tasks to be automatically deleted. Is this possible? Rather that checking them as complete, just delete them. It's no more effort, just a different click. -- Brian Tillman ...

Master Task List #2
Entourage>Project. How can I create a master task list that can be applied to multiple projects and the have the tasks remain independent of each other. Im a wedding photographer, and the workflow for each client is pretty much the same. I would like to have a default set of task that can be added to a new project for each client. I had read a archieved post that mentioned duplicating the project and then changing the task due date. I can not duplicate a project! When I go to Edit>Duplicate project nothing happens. I have also tried the key command still nothing. Found archieved post o...

Trouble emailing from "Accounts"
I am having a delimma that I hope someone can help me resolve. In CRM 3.0 I am unable to send an email from an account. It doesn't matter if the address is internal or external. I can open up the contact under the account and send the email just fine. The error message I receive is the famous "at least one recipient does not have an email address or is marked as "Do not allow" email." I have checked to make sure both contacts and this account is marked "yes" under every category to send mail (Admin tab). Can anyone shed any light on what I am missing? We...

Can Not Enter Actuals inMy Tasks after Server 2007 SP2 install
Hi folks, Immeidately after an upgrade of Server 2007 to SP2, users could no longer edit actual hours in My Task's daily time grid, but could still edit other fields like “Start” and “Finish". We figured the February 2010 Cumulative Update (CU) would fix it. We tried switching and testing all three tracking methods (Percent work complete, Actual work done and work remaining, Hours or work done per period). Still, we can not enter time under each date. Also tried republishing the project and that didn’t fix it either. Any ideas? Is this a known problems in Feb ...

I am having trouble printing on index cards from publisher?
I am trying to print on actual postcards that are 4"x6" . I have tried everything If anyone knows a flaw or trick to Publisher please let me know. Thanks On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 19:54:33 +0000, adenhaase wrote (in article <442A152E-5069-4017-8F7F-3ED40766DE33@microsoft.com>): > I am trying to print on actual postcards that are 4"x6" . I have tried > everything Er, no, you haven't. If you had, it would be working now wouldn't it, brainiac? How's about you tell us what you *have* tried, so that we don't have to play 20+ Questions. Oh a...