Outer Join showing default values instead of Null values

Hi,

I have data for some days of a month. I'd like to have values for every day.
So I created an outer join against a table with holds a dataset for every
day of a year. The result shows null values for all days where I have no
values. Is there a way to have an other value then Null?

Thanks for any advice
Adrian

--
Adrian Miller

0
Adrian

Hi
What values? Take a look at COALESCE function in the BOL

"Adrian Miller" <adrian.miller@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have data for some days of a month. I'd like to have values for every
> day. So I created an outer join against a table with holds a dataset for
> every day of a year. The result shows null values for all days where I
> have no values. Is there a way to have an other value then Null?
>
> Thanks for any advice
> Adrian
>
> --
> Adrian Miller

0
Uri
1/31/2010 1:56:12 PM
If you have trouble understanding COALESCE, look up ISNULL.

"Uri Dimant" <urid@iscar.co.il> wrote in message
> Hi
> What values? Take a look at COALESCE function in the BOL
>

> "Adrian Miller" <adrian.miller@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have data for some days of a month. I'd like to have values for every
>> day. So I created an outer join against a table with holds a dataset for
>> every day of a year. The result shows null values for all days where I
>> have no values. Is there a way to have an other value then Null?
>>
>> Thanks for any advice
>> Adrian
>>
>> --
>> Adrian Miller

0
Jay

Users not showing up??
I'm having trouble adding users and mailboxes in Exchange 2003. My Exchange 2003 box is connected to a Windows 2003 DC. On the Exchange box, whenever I add a user in the Active Directory, it shows up as an account, and all the Exchange tabs are assigned to the user....however under Exchange System Manager no mailbox is created...even though I've run Exchange Tasks in the AD on that same box. Is it because I have to somehow sync the AD on the Exchange box to the DC, or is it something else? Please help!! On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 15:42:02 -0700, "Scott S." <ScottS@discussio...

Nulls in Access 2007 Fields
Here is my issue: I have to generate a report which breaks down specific information, specifically a count derived from when the information was created. I have accomplished this. My problem is when I run a specific query for one piece of information it returns what I am looking for. When I run a different query with the same information looking for the other data I need - it does not give me anything. Now the problem is there is nothing for the database to pull up because the answer is zero, but I can not get Access to give me a zero in the field to show there were no new enrollie...

Table Default Values
Is it possible to set the default value of a field in the table to either a value entered into a message box or a value entered into another table? I'm importing data from a text file into an existing table. I have been manually changing the default value for the report date field each time I import a new report, but since I won't be doing the importing anymore, would like to automate or simplify this process. Any suggestions? Hi, If you want the current date you can just use =Date(). If some other date, you can do something like this: Public Function Lo...

Can't outer join or append.
I am getting daily data from units that may or may not be reporting each day. If I use an inner join, then the units that do not report on any given day, are dropped from the query. I tried to do a multiple join but evidently Access will not permit more than two tables to be joined using an outer join. So I tried entering the data using the first day of data to establish the original query, and subsequent days to append to it. I got an error message stating that my original query was not updateable. What now? "Steven" <Steven@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Showing AD Contacts in custom address list but not the GAL
Hi all, I have recently imported 400 contacts from an exchange public folder to be managed in AD. I have created an address lsit for these clients and that works fine however the contact records also appear in the Global address list - is there any way I can list the contact in this new address list but hide them from the GAL? it is probably obvious however I can only find the option to hide from all exchange address lists, Can you help? Regards Ian Williams On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 01:05:26 -0800, Ian Williams <IanWilliams@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all, > >...

can outlook work without joining local domain?
we have situation where client wants to use exchange server 2003 without having workstations to join domain. Can this work? Thank you in advance. arun Yes, it works. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "arun mx" <arunmx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7EB88EC5-3ACF-45CF-B14C-B75E44604872@microsoft.com... > we have situation where client wants to use exchange server 2003 without > having workstations to join domain. Can this work? > Thank you...

Outlook not showing new messages
All I have a strange problem. We are running Exchange 2000 with Outlook 2002 This has been fine for 18 months now but in the last month Outlook has started to not show any new messages until you either click "Send and Receive" or just click on the "Inbox" folder (or go to any other folder) I think that this means that it is not telling you that it has new mail until you refresh your view of the mail server. Does anyone have any idea why this might have just started happening Many thanks Ben Holmes It seems I am having this same problem. It is only the machines...

Outlook 2007
User receives emails with attachments but Outlook is not showing a paperclip icon. We have two exchnag servers - messages from one are causing a paperclip to show but not messages from the second ...

Advanced Find
I want to do an Outer Join on Opportunities which does not have any related records in Opportunity Product. I can easily get all Opportunities that have related records in Opportunity product with data in the field, but how do I exclude records that do not have Opportunity Product ? Thanks for your help The key is the where clause... SELECT * FROM Opportunity oppy LEFT JOIN OpportunityProduct op ON oppy.opportunityid = op.opportunityid WHERE op.opportunityid IS NULL Ah, a simple SQL question... how refreshing! Dave Eric wrote: > I want to do an Outer Join on Opportunities...

servers showing unreachable
Hi, When I open the status folder in ESM some of the servers are showing unreachable but I don't know why this would be. Even when I open ESM on one of the servers that says its unreachable it still says its unreachable. How can a server not reach itself? Obviously I am missing somthing but I don't know where to start looking. Can anyone help? Hi Paul, Are there any related errors in Event Viewer on the effected servers? Also are all relevant services started. Regards Ben Hoffman Microsoft MVP Exchange http://www.exchangeis.com "Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft...

Show Custom AutoFilter Dialog with VBA 2007
Is it possible to directly open the Custom AutoFilter Dialog with VBA in Excel 2007? Application.Dialogs(xlDialogAdvanced).Show opens the Advanced Filter dialog. I'd like to open the Custom AutoFilter dialog.where you can choose equals, does not equal, etc... There seems to be only two filter-related xlBuiltInDialog members available. ...

Show if worksheet is Read Only or not
Hi, Does anyone have a suggestion how to show in Excel XP for the user if they have opened a worksheet in Read Only mode or not? Best regards if i understand your question properly, i think you want to know if th sheet is protected or not. for that, i think you could use the following code in VBA. Private Sub Worksheet_Activate() If Me.ProtectContents = True Then MsgBox "Protected" Else MsgBox "UnProtected" End If End Sub you can insert this code into the worksheet's code module by hittin Alt+F11 and pasting it there -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForu...

identify join sides of a table
Hi, I am looping through all the tables in a db and appending data to each table. The problem is that I can't append data to a table on the "many" side before i append the necessary data to the "one side" table. Is there a way to identify the join types (or "sides) that a table is involved in? That way i could loop through and append the tables that are on the "one" side first. Then do the tables that are on the "many side". I suppose this could get tricky because the table could be on the "many" side of one re...

HR discrimination report showing employees with and without 401Ks
Hello: A client of mine says that their 401k insurance company says that the government requires a discrimination testing report showing all employees and whether each one of them has a 401k plan or not. Great Plains does not have this and he says that Great Plains should. Thanks! childofthe1980s ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Micros...

Table-like Outline and Collumm that sums prevous values up
Hello The report I would like to have should be in a tabular form just like the doc document I have attached. However, until now I have not found out how to set the report into a tabular outline. It is quite uncomfortable and time intensive to set up this report by using lines and the different text fields. In addition, it will not look any good at the end.. Also, I would need a columm that is able to sum up the values before. Just like the "total" under each semester. Are the issues solvable? Greets, Hubertholz attached: http://rapidshare.com/files/35708241...

VISIT THE GROUPS ___AND JOIN FOR BUSINESS BENIFIT...Bangladesh Business.......BizBangladesh.......Biz Bangladesh #2
VISIT THE GROUPS ___AND JOIN FOR BUSINESS BENIFIT...Bangladesh Business.......BizBangladesh.......Biz Bangladesh ...

Excel
I just had an excel upgrade and can't find the way to add arrows to a cell. I old excel the result was to up and down arrows, at the side of the cell, which would allow the user to click up or down to change the cell value... Insert a Spin Button from Forms Toolbar or Control Toolbox. Assuming upgrade means 2007 version....... Click on Developer Tab and in Controls category Insert>Form Controls. Select the spin button and place it where you want. Right-click and Format Control. Pick a cell to link. If you don't see Developer Tab on Ribben go to Button>Ex...

percenatge increase in values across multiple cells
Hi I have a spreadsheet of numerical values and I simply want to increase all values, in all cells, by 17.5%. Can anyone please tell me how to do this? Many thanks David David Type 1.175 in a spare cell and copy it... Highlight your numbers and then edit>paste special...>values+multiply -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England www.nickhodge.co.uk nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "David" <curvedball@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:9audnfgVAp7yfQfZRVnyrA@bt.com... > Hi > > I have a spreadsheet of numerical values and I simp...

How to have value scales on x and y axes?
I cannot find how to do a simple graph of y versus x where I can set the scale of both the x axis and the y axis. In my attempts, it appears that only one axis eg the y axis can have actual "values" shown on the axis. Although the data is graphed as the y values versus the x values, the scale cannot be set on the x axis as it is a "category" axis - so that the labels along the x axis are for example "1", "2", "3"....where this means "Point 1", "Point 2", "Point 3".....though the actual values of those poin...

Report that shows all details of account
Is there a report that shows account details such as name, telephone number, account number, website, etc? ...

Changing default font #2
How does one change the default font in Publisher 2002? I want a certain font to always come up first when I do publications. That functionality is not available. You can however refer to http://www.mvps.org/publisher/addins.html -- David Bartosik - MS MVP for Publisher help: www.davidbartosik.com enter to win Pub 2003: www.davidbartosik.com/giveaway.aspx "Patches" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:280c01c3fc99$0914cda0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How does one change the default font in Publisher 2002? I > want a certain font to always come up f...

Row position of specified column and value
I would like to know the row position of a specified column and value in a table. If multiple occurences of the specified value occur in a particular column, I want the bottom most row position returned. For example, in the folowing table, the function would specify column 2 (or B), value of 6, and return 3 since the bottom most 6 in column 2 is row 3. A B C 1 5 8 2 6 9 3 6 10 4 7 11 Look in the help index for MATCH -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "engineer" <engineer@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

How to show items and assigned taxes
Our taxes collected are lower than they should be based on our sales. In random checks of inventory items, some have come up without taxes, where there should be taxes. I'm looking for a suggestion on how to determine which items have which taxes assigned, without having to go through each item individually. Thanks Christa, SO Manager --> Wizards menu --> Inventory Wizards --> Task 170 Assign Item Tax, press the All button click Next then Finish. You can sort each column by clicking on the corresponding column header. This will also allow you to make mass Item Tax ch...

Windows Server 2008 R2 DC
Hello, I am researching how to properly join a 2008 R2 domain in an automated fashion from a re-imaged XP SP3 computer; either through Sysprep, or through a script after sysprep has finished and mini-setup is concluded; I have a utility that renames my XP SP3 machines after sysprep is finished, so I am guessing I will need to have the machine join the domain after that happens. Any thoughts? Anyone else out there who manages Windows XP workstations in a Server 2008 R2 domain? We have several hundred machines, so an automated process would be best. Thank you in advance, T ...

Insert File Default
Hi Folks, In Outlook XP, when you click Insert / File Attachment - How can you set a location to look for the file as your default? Thanks in advance Alan See if the information on the following page helps: http://www.slipstick.com/config/attachfolder.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "The Fatman" <albaxter@optushome.com.au> wrote in message news:3f35ace4$0$28117$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au... > Hi Folks, > > I...