New Forums & sqlserver.programming

I have the new forums setup within outlook express and browsed through all
of the new forum names.

What forum will be the equilivant to sqlserver.programming?

Thanks for any info.

0
scott

scott (sbailey@mileslumber.com) writes:
> I have the new forums setup within outlook express and browsed through all
> of the new forum names.
>
> What forum will be the equilivant to sqlserver.programming?

Msdn.en-US.transactsql

You will discover that it is quite busier place than this newsgroup is
these days.

Links for SQL Server Books Online:

Erland
9/9/2010 10:02:33 PM
Erland Sommarskog (esquel@sommarskog.se) writes:
> scott (sbailey@mileslumber.com) writes:
>> I have the new forums setup within outlook express and browsed through
>> all of the new forum names.
>>
>> What forum will be the equilivant to sqlserver.programming?
>
> Msdn.en-US.transactsql
>
> You will discover that it is quite busier place than this newsgroup is
> these days.

Since some people may be using the NNTP Bridge produced by Microsoft,
I should add that the best choice is the "Community NNTP Bridge", written
by MVP Jochen Kalmbach, which is of far superiour quality than Microsoft's
own bridge. You find it at http://communitybridge.codeplex.com/.

Links for SQL Server Books Online:

Erland

Convert access into other developer program
I have developed dictionary in Microsoft Access. I want to make this Dict in C++ or Visual Basic Does anybody have search engine source who can send to me. Thanks very much ...

Recovering Public Folders to a new domain
Hi! At one of our customers we've just reinstalled the domain all over again. It's an SBS2003 server with Exchange2003. We exmerged the mailboxes of the "old" installation and importet 'em into the new server, with great succes. Alas we "forgot" the Public folders. We've got a full backup of the "old" system but we would very much like not to make a full restore, the ideal situation would be just to restore the public folders to an alternative location and the move the contents to the new exchange server. My question is this then: Is there ...

New XMLDataDocument(DataSet)
Why does this fail? Dim relResources As New Data.DataRelation("Application_Resources", ..Tables("User_Applications").Columns("Application_id"), ..Tables("Resource_Rights").Columns("Application_id"), False) mUserData.Relations.Add(relResources) relResources.Nested = True Dim UserDataXML As System.Xml.XmlDataDocument = New System.Xml.XmlDataDocument(mUserData) The last line fails with 'Object reference not set to an instance of an Object' in onnestedparentchange. Why can't I do this? This is almost exactly the code I find online ...

New worksheet #2
How do you you give your workheet a title, e.g. 'Prodect Sales' in the middle then the cells below as usual? Cherie; Right click on the tab you wish to rename and select Rename. The words will become "negatived" like a picture. Type the new name of the sheet. God Bless Frank Pytel "Cherie" wrote: > How do you you give your workheet a title, e.g. 'Prodect Sales' in the middle > then the cells below as usual? Hi Cherie I read your question a little different to Frank. Select a range of cells say A1:H1 then Format>Cells>Alignment>Hori...

How can I read/open my new e-mails?
Suddenly I cannot open unread e-mails in my inbox; there are stored ones in there from over a year ago but no new ones. I have Outlook as my priority e-mail account so its not that reason. Any ideas? Try recreating your profile: http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/newprofile.htm Make sure you associate it with the correct PST file. The default name is outlook.pst, unless it has been deliberately changed to something else. -- Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "Heather" wrote: > Suddenly I cannot ope...

audible click when opening a new window.
I know I should be able to find this somewhere but I can't seem to figure it out. When I open a new folder or window there is a "click" sound that the computer makes. How can I turn this off? Thanks! Amadeus Try: Control Panel-Sounds "Start Navigation" and "Complete Navigation" are the relevant items. ....Alan -- Alan Edwards, MS MVP Windows -Internet Explorer http://dts-l.com/index.htm On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 13:56:27 -0700, in microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics, Amadeus <Amadeus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I kno...

New app, old developer
Wow. Got called by a company ready to move from spreadsheets to Access :) What is the currently preferred app dev for SQL/Access convercing versions? I'm thinking SQL 2005 Express and Access 2003 (unless the connectivity with Access 2007 is recolved...I honestly have no idea). Non-Access FE is not on the table for two reasons: 1. Its all I know as a SQL Server guy.... 2. They know it well enough to make tweaks on their own without paying my rate Just polling the group to see where you would go on this. Thanks! -- Kevin3NF SQL Server dude You want fries with that? http://kevin...

Outlook Contacts do not appear in the To: when I create a new ema
I have to type them in or open the contact and send an email directly from the contact window. I also cannot create a distribution group or do a mail merge. For some reason, the Outlook contacts list does not appear in the drop down menu. I have over 3,000 contacts in Outlook, so I know they are in there. Any help would be greatly appreciated. please let us know: version of Outlook whether you moved/imported the Contacts from elsewhere whether you have ever had access to the Contacts (if so what changed) Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook .. "Ron" <R...

Programming Discussion Forum
Hello All, We have started with a new programming discussion group on Gmail. TechnicalTalk is a group dedicated to computer programming discussion, programming tutorials, programming articles and much more. Feel free to join this group and solve your programming queries while discussing them to other programs in the group. We invite you all to visit the group once and join the group! Visit the Group http://groups.google.co.in/group/Technical_Talk This group is part of online programming discussion forum. http://www.technicaltalk.net Feel free to join this online forum. ...

New essay: character functions
Is there a difference between islower and IsCharLower? Between tolower and CharLower? Yes there is, and this table shows all the functions for the first 256 character values (it's nearly 800K, so I consider it unrealistic to do a table for the full Unicode set...) http://www.flounder.com/character_functions.htm joe Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer@flounder.com Web: http://www.flounder.com MVP Tips: http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm > Is there a difference between islower and IsCharLower? > Between tolower and CharLower? The problem is that islower, tolower, and a...

Why can't I enter any data on any new worksheets?
I cannot enter any information on any new, or existing worksheets. I've even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program. Please help! ...

strange Error and program can't exit() normally
I have a console project and contain only simple code int main(void) { printf("1234567\n"); return 0; } but when the program execute to the end it will pop-up a window like this http://tw.f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/askqq9898/detail?.dir=/ac2b&.dnm=3dba.jpg anybody meet the same problem? At first, I should delcare that I also inculde the other *.c and *.h in the project but the main only contain the simple code as above. The error message like follow Debug Assertion Failed! Program: E:\Sock\debug\sock.exe File: Sockcore.cpp line: 177 "Jove" <jove...

New Instance Installation Failure
I have a multiple instance SQL Serer 2005 server on Windows 2003 that is failing on the attempt of adding a new instance. It starts out by failing with OWC then fails MSXML6, SQL Server Database Services and finally Reporting Services. When reviewing the logs the owc log is below. Is there a way I can somehow resolve: Warning: Local cached package 'C:\WINDOWS\Installer\10a3c9f.msi' is missing. ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ === Verbose logging started: 6/25/2010 15:57:06 Build type: SHIP UNICODE 4.05.6001.00 Calling process: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL...

FYI
I just opened M2006 and I got a pop up page: You have been randomly selected to participate in the MSN Money Preview, a sneak peek at the upcoming release of MSN Money. We're putting the finishing touches on the new site, and we need your feedback. I declined - just an FYI On Thu, 2 Nov 2006 18:46:29 -0500, "- Bobb -" <bobb@noemail.123> wrote: >I just opened M2006 and I got a pop up page: > >You have been randomly selected to participate in the MSN Money Preview, >a sneak peek at the upcoming release of MSN Money. We're putting the >finishing t...

Subject assignment in new case denied
Hi! In CRM 3.0 web interface during creation of a new case the "subject" choice from the dropdown field is denied for a user. He has all necessary user rights and team memberships, analog to a user without these problems. Does anybody know this situation? Best Regards Michaela ...

Changing new mail defaults
Hi, I've created & saved some outlook 2003 e-mail templates. We can you them by going new => Choose form but i'm wondering if theres anything i can change to make the new button default to that. thanks, Nick http://www.outlookcode.com/d/newdefaultform.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Nick asked: | Hi, | I've created & save...

Setting up new email
Hi I recently switched to MSN Internet service and want to set up my Outlook email program to receive mail at home. I don't know the pop3 and other information to put into the program so that I can resume receiving email there. I have both Outlook Express and Outlook 200 installed on the computer, whick is running on W98SE. Thanks for any help! Terry Ray plinus74@msn.com Consult the MSN help files for the correct information. Note: Many accounts were converted to HTTP accounts only. POP3 accounts may be unavailable depending on your service package. --� Milly Staples [MVP - ...

Insert Existing Worksheets into a new Workbook
I have a set of many single page worksheets with calculations; I want to make a single Workbook using all of those pages. Then I want to extract data from a certain cell on each Worksheet and SUM that data on the last page of the Workbook. In EXCEL 2007 in order to extract and sum data on a specific page of the Workbook:- 1. Assume I have a Workbook set up in which there are 4 Worksheets and I wish to sum cell C6 from 3 of those Worksheets in Sheet1. 2. In cell C6 of Sheet1 (this is where I want the total to appear):- Home / Editing group / AutoSum / 3. Now click on ...

How to make a new document window be a child of an MDI child window
I registered a document template in InitInstance(). In onFileNew(), I first created an MDI child window, then use OpenDocumentFile(NULL) to create a new empty document (not necessarilly an MDI child). Both works fine. However, when I tried to make this new empty document window a child of the MDI child window, (which was created in the same onFileNew()), I could not. Could anyone please tell me how to do it? I tried a couple of ways, and no luck. Thanks a lot. Andrew ...

External program access #2
There's a feature in Outlook that tells you if a an external program is trying to send emails thru Outlook. Normally you can just click yes, however, our client is trying to do bulk emailing and they have to click yes for every email. Is there a way to turn this feature off ? Thanks, Tony See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm#autosec for information on how to work around the security prompts. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Absolute Beginners Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options http...

Adding new interface to activex control
I have added a new interface to my activex control (ACEvt) I have modified the odl file, and added the necessary BEGIN_INTERFACE_MAP, BEGIN_DISPATCH_MAP etc.... in the class implementation file. [ uuid(BED02315-567E-4a5d-A56B-5F00F228E041)] dispinterface ICount { properties: methods: }; [ uuid(7C39BF1F-66DE-423e-B526-87626D80AE4D)] coclass Count { [default] dispinterface ICount; }; When I try to call CoCreateInstance and QueryInterface, i'm getting E_NOINTERFACE error. IUnknown *pUnk = NULL; HRESULT hr = CoCreateInstance(CLSID_ACEvt,NULL,CLSCTX_ALL,IID_IUnknown,(void **)&pUnk);...

E-Mail Addresses to New Computer..?
Hi.., how does one transfer e-mail addresses from one laptop computer to a new laptop. I'm using Outlook Express on both..!! Thanks..!! Mike Harding, you wrote on Sat, 10 Mar 2007 17:08:08 GMT: > Hi.., how does one transfer e-mail addresses from one laptop computer to a > new laptop. I'm using Outlook Express on both..!! Thanks..!! Search for a *.wab (it's your addressbook) file on the old computer. Copy it on your new one and import the addressbook: File | Import | Addressbook -- Best Regards Christian Goeller http://www.outlookfaq.net Mike Harding <rest...

new security settings
How do you change the blocked attachment list in outlook 2007 mike <mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do you change the blocked attachment list in outlook 2007 The same way you changed it in Outlook 2003. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

AA should allow automatic user assignment to new codes
In analytical accounting you can enter new transaction dimension codes on the fly, however, you have to go into Setup > Company >Analytical Accounting > User Access and assign who can use this new dimension code before it can be used. This should automatically happen at the time of saving the new code. My customers do not want to give access to the company setup window, but must, in order to let their users add new codes as needed. This is time consuming and opens up a security hole in the company setup. My suggestion is to either do away with that user access setup feature ...

ActiveX
I get the message "abnormal program termination" once it try to use a method implemented as protected. The method was build using the Wizard - Automation - Add Method. Void return type, and short as argument (or OLE_COLOR), I did not use any pointer as argument. So what should it be? thank you Mathieu ...