Need help with OUTPUT parameters

Hi,

I am trying to execute two child stored procedures from a parent one. The
first stored procedure inserts a new company into Companies table and returns
its CompanyID, the second stored procedure inserts an address into Addresses
table and returns its AddressID and the third one assigns the address to the
company.

Everything works fine but when I run the parent stored procedure, I only
want to return the CompanyID back to my application. However, the code below
returns both CompanyID and AddressID.

I'm using OUTPUT clause so that I can grab CompanyID and AddressID returned
by first and second child stored procedures respectively. I think because of
that the parent stored procedure returns both IDs. However, if I don't use
the OUTPUT clause, I can't grab the CompanyID and AddressID values returned
by the first and second child procedures.

By the way, both CompayID and AddressID are defined as OUTPUT parameters in
those child procedures.

Here's the spInsertCompany stored procedure:

CREATE spInsertCompany
   @CompanyID int OUTPUT,
   @CompanyName varchar(50)
AS
   -- Insert new company into Companies table
   INSERT INTO Companies
	(CompanyName)
   VALUES
	(@CompanyName)

   -- Grab CompanyID
   SET @CompanyID = SCOPE_IDENTITY()

   -- Return CompanyID
   SELECT @CompanyID AS CompanyID

Is there another way for me to grab IDs returned by child procedures without
using the OUTPUT clause so that my parent procedure returns only the
CompanyID?

Here's what my parent procedure looks like:

CREATE spTestProcedure
   @iCompanyName varchar(50),
   @iAddress1 varchar(100),
   @iAddress2 varchar(100),
   @iCity varchar(50),
   @iState char(2),
   @iZipCode varchar(10)
AS
   -- Step 1: Insert company into Companies table
   DECLARE @iCompanyID int
   EXEC spInserCompany @CompanyID = @iCompanyID OUTPUT, @CompanyName =
@iCompanyName

   -- Step 2: Insert address into Addresses table
   DECLARE @iAddressID int
   EXEC spInsertAddress @AddressID = @iAddressID OUTPUT, @Address1 =
@iAddress1, @City = @iCity, @State = @iState, @ZipCode = @iZipCode

   -- Step 3: Assign address to company
   EXEC spAssignAddressToCompany @CompanyID = @iCompanyID, @AddressID =
@iAddressID

   -- Step 4: Return CompanyID
   -- I only want to return the CompanyID but when I run the stored
procedure, I get both CompanyID and AddressID at this point
--
Thanks,

Sam

Sam (Sam@discussions.microsoft.com) writes:
> I am trying to execute two child stored procedures from a parent one.
> The first stored procedure inserts a new company into Companies table
> and returns its CompanyID, the second stored procedure inserts an
> address into Addresses table and returns its AddressID and the third one
> assigns the address to the company.
>
> Everything works fine but when I run the parent stored procedure, I only
> want to return the CompanyID back to my application. However, the code
> below returns both CompanyID and AddressID.
>
> I'm using OUTPUT clause so that I can grab CompanyID and AddressID
> returned by first and second child stored procedures respectively. I
> think because of that the parent stored procedure returns both IDs.
> However, if I don't use the OUTPUT clause, I can't grab the CompanyID
> and AddressID values returned by the first and second child procedures.

It's not entirely clear what you really want to achieve, but:

> CREATE spInsertCompany
>    @CompanyID int OUTPUT,
>    @CompanyName varchar(50)
> AS
>    -- Insert new company into Companies table
>    INSERT INTO Companies
>      (CompanyName)
>    VALUES
>      (@CompanyName)
>
>    -- Grab CompanyID
>    SET @CompanyID = SCOPE_IDENTITY()
>
>    -- Return CompanyID
>    SELECT @CompanyID AS CompanyID

There you produce a result set that you return to the client. If the
intention is that you should only return company id as an OUTPUT parameter,
you should delete this last line.

Links for SQL Server Books Online:

Erland
3/1/2010 10:03:54 PM
On Mon, 1 Mar 2010 13:21:02 -0800, Sam <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am trying to execute two child stored procedures from a parent one. The
>first stored procedure inserts a new company into Companies table and returns
>its CompanyID, the second stored procedure inserts an address into Addresses
>table and returns its AddressID and the third one assigns the address to the
>company.
>
>Everything works fine but when I run the parent stored procedure, I only
>want to return the CompanyID back to my application. However, the code below
>returns both CompanyID and AddressID.
>
>I'm using OUTPUT clause so that I can grab CompanyID and AddressID returned
>by first and second child stored procedures respectively. I think because of
>that the parent stored procedure returns both IDs. However, if I don't use
>the OUTPUT clause, I can't grab the CompanyID and AddressID values returned
>by the first and second child procedures.
>
>By the way, both CompayID and AddressID are defined as OUTPUT parameters in
>those child procedures.
>
>Here's the spInsertCompany stored procedure:
>

>CREATE spInsertCompany
>   @CompanyID int OUTPUT,
>   @CompanyName varchar(50)
>AS
>   -- Insert new company into Companies table
>   INSERT INTO Companies
>	(CompanyName)
>   VALUES
>	(@CompanyName)
>
>   -- Grab CompanyID
>   SET @CompanyID = SCOPE_IDENTITY()
>
>   -- Return CompanyID
>   SELECT @CompanyID AS CompanyID
>

>Is there another way for me to grab IDs returned by child procedures without
>using the OUTPUT clause so that my parent procedure returns only the
>CompanyID?
>
>Here's what my parent procedure looks like:
>

>CREATE spTestProcedure
>   @iCompanyName varchar(50),
>   @iAddress1 varchar(100),
>   @iAddress2 varchar(100),
>   @iCity varchar(50),
>   @iState char(2),
>   @iZipCode varchar(10)
>AS
>   -- Step 1: Insert company into Companies table
>   DECLARE @iCompanyID int
>   EXEC spInserCompany @CompanyID = @iCompanyID OUTPUT, @CompanyName =
>@iCompanyName
>
>   -- Step 2: Insert address into Addresses table
>   DECLARE @iAddressID int
>   EXEC spInsertAddress @AddressID = @iAddressID OUTPUT, @Address1 =
>@iAddress1, @City = @iCity, @State = @iState, @ZipCode = @iZipCode
>
>   -- Step 3: Assign address to company
>   EXEC spAssignAddressToCompany @CompanyID = @iCompanyID, @AddressID =
>@iAddressID
>
>   -- Step 4: Return CompanyID
>   -- I only want to return the CompanyID but when I run the stored
>procedure, I get both CompanyID and AddressID at this point

Isn't CompanyId a GUID? :)

John
0
John
3/1/2010 10:22:19 PM
Here's what I'm trying to do:

I have a stored procedure that inserts new companies into the database. When
it does that it returns the CompanyIDs assigned to them.

I also have a seperate stored procedure that enters addresses into the
database and returns their AddressIDs.

Individually, these stored procedure serve their own purposes.

However, I also wanted to have a form in my application that allows the user
to enter a new company along with its address in one shot but I didn't want
to design another stored procedure that I have to maintain seperately. So I
decided to create a "parent stored procedure" that takes advantage of my
existing stored procedures.

Alternatively, I could've called these stored procedures individually to
make my company and address entries but that means two database trips which
is bad for performance.

So, I wrote a "parent' stored procedure that executes both these stored
procedures with a single hit on the database. For it to work, it needs to
make the company entry first, get its ID and then make the address entry.

Everything is working fine but the "parent procedure" is returning two
resultsets i.e. the CompanyID and the AddressID.

This is not a big deal but I'd like to return only the CompanyID back to my
application. Looks like when I use the OUTPUT clause to grab ID from child
procedures, that's making the parent procedure to return them as output
parameters as well.

Hopefully this makes more sense.

--
Thanks,

Sam

"Erland Sommarskog" wrote:

> Sam (Sam@discussions.microsoft.com) writes:
> > I am trying to execute two child stored procedures from a parent one.
> > The first stored procedure inserts a new company into Companies table
> > and returns its CompanyID, the second stored procedure inserts an
> > address into Addresses table and returns its AddressID and the third one
> > assigns the address to the company.
> >
> > Everything works fine but when I run the parent stored procedure, I only
> > want to return the CompanyID back to my application. However, the code
> > below returns both CompanyID and AddressID.
> >
> > I'm using OUTPUT clause so that I can grab CompanyID and AddressID
> > returned by first and second child stored procedures respectively. I
> > think because of that the parent stored procedure returns both IDs.
> > However, if I don't use the OUTPUT clause, I can't grab the CompanyID
> > and AddressID values returned by the first and second child procedures.
>
> It's not entirely clear what you really want to achieve, but:
>
> > CREATE spInsertCompany
> >    @CompanyID int OUTPUT,
> >    @CompanyName varchar(50)
> > AS
> >    -- Insert new company into Companies table
> >    INSERT INTO Companies
> >      (CompanyName)
> >    VALUES
> >      (@CompanyName)
> >
> >    -- Grab CompanyID
> >    SET @CompanyID = SCOPE_IDENTITY()
> >
> >    -- Return CompanyID
> >    SELECT @CompanyID AS CompanyID
>
> There you produce a result set that you return to the client. If the
> intention is that you should only return company id as an OUTPUT parameter,
> you should delete this last line.
>

> --
> Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se
>
> Links for SQL Server Books Online:
> SQL 2000: http://www.microsoft.com/sql/prodinfo/previousversions/books.mspx
>
> .

Returning a value with an OUTPUT parameter and returning a query are two
different processes that are totally unrelated.  You don't need to make a
Select query to return an Output parameter value and you don't need to
declare a parameter as OUTPUT to return a value using a Select query.

At this moment, you are chosing both of these two methods to return the
value of CompanyID but you need only one.

When calling a SP from another SP, it's often (but not always)  simpler to
use an OUTPUT parameter instead of a Select query but when calling a SP from
a FORM, often it's the contrary that's true: it will be simpler to use a
Select Query instead of an Output parameter.  The later is not always true
and will depend heavily on the platform used and the way the Form is coded;
however, as you didn't provide any detail about this, it's hard to give you
any more recommandations.

One way to solve your dilemna could be to add a parameter that will block
the Select query when the SP is called from another SP.

--
Sylvain Lafontaine, ing.
MVP - Windows Live Platform

"Sam" <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> [...]
>> > However, if I don't use the OUTPUT clause, I can't grab the CompanyID
>> > and AddressID values returned by the first and second child procedures.
>>
>> It's not entirely clear what you really want to achieve, but:
>>
>> > CREATE spInsertCompany
>> >    @CompanyID int OUTPUT,
>> >    @CompanyName varchar(50)
>> > AS
>> >    -- Insert new company into Companies table
>> >    INSERT INTO Companies
>> >      (CompanyName)
>> >    VALUES
>> >      (@CompanyName)
>> >
>> >    -- Grab CompanyID
>> >    SET @CompanyID = SCOPE_IDENTITY()
>> >
>> >    -- Return CompanyID
>> >    SELECT @CompanyID AS CompanyID
>>
>> There you produce a result set that you return to the client. If the
>> intention is that you should only return company id as an OUTPUT

0
Sylvain
3/2/2010 3:11:09 AM
You do not get the two result sets because you use the OUTPUT parameters. It is because of the last SELECT statement you
have which returns the value as result set. Not sure why you return it both as output parameter and as result set.
Erland is correct that removing the final SELECT will solve the problem (assuming you do not use the result set elsewhere).

--
Plamen Ratchev
http://www.SQLStudio.com

Thank you very much for your help and detailed explanations. That fixed the
issue.

This newsgroup still is the best thanks to you guys. I never leave this
newsgroup empty handed.

Your help and expertise are truly appreciated.
--
Thanks,

Sam

"Sam" wrote:

> [...]
> > > However, if I don't use the OUTPUT clause, I can't grab the CompanyID
> > > and AddressID values returned by the first and second child procedures.
> >
> > It's not entirely clear what you really want to achieve, but:
> >
> > > CREATE spInsertCompany
> > >    @CompanyID int OUTPUT,
> > >    @CompanyName varchar(50)
> > > AS
> > >    -- Insert new company into Companies table
> > >    INSERT INTO Companies
> > >      (CompanyName)
> > >    VALUES
> > >      (@CompanyName)
> > >
> > >    -- Grab CompanyID
> > >    SET @CompanyID = SCOPE_IDENTITY()
> > >
> > >    -- Return CompanyID
> > >    SELECT @CompanyID AS CompanyID
> >
> > There you produce a result set that you return to the client. If the
> > intention is that you should only return company id as an OUTPUT parameter,

Charts, Help!
Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I'm trying to set the font size for the axis ticklabels to 6 for every chart in the active sheet. Sub SetFontSizeAllCharts() Dim myCht As ChartObject For Each myCht In ActiveSheet.ChartObjects myCht.Chart.TickLabels.Font.Size = 6 Next End Sub I get errors! Help! --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi cdegar01, The problem is that you are not including the Axes object. Explanation extracted from the help file: expression.Axes(Type, AxisGroup) Type Optional Variant. Specifies the axis to return. Can be one of the follo...

Displaying MailBox Help
I am running Microsoft Outlook 2002, and when I go into tools -> accounts -> view or change current -> change -> more settings -> and click on the advanced tab to add... a mailbox, I type in the correct mailbox name (i.g. ASFAX) and click add. Click OK throughout, and when I get back to my Folder List, I click on the ASFAX and it says "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location." I know the name of the folder is correct, and it works fine. Other people in my organization can access this mailbox just as d...

HELP: how to turn 1 DCOM service into cluster/replicated services
I have a massive DCOM service written in Visual C++ 6.0 + MFC that manages user logins & their sessions. When the service is running live, how does one upgrade it, without kicking the currently logged in users? Is it possible to replicate the service to implement resiliency & failsafe/faileover mechanisms? Would it have been better to implement a REAL client/server approach for multiple servers for resiliency & failsafe/failover mechanisms? >I have a massive DCOM service written in Visual C++ 6.0 + MFC that manages >user logins & their sessions. When the servic...

summing duplicate data (<--help a rookie please)
Hello - I have a table which looks like the following: PLU ITEM DATE SOLD 12345 BALL 3/7/08 6 56789 ROPE 3/7/08 8 12345 BALL 3/14/08 2 12345 BALL 3/14/08 9 67900 GAME 3/14/08 4 I am trying to create a query which will summarize each week, plu, sold; like this: PLU ITEM DATE SOLD 12345 BALL 3/7/08 6 56789 ROPE 3/7/08 8 12345 BALL 3/14/08 11 67900 GAME 3/14/08 4 However, I can't figure out how to SUM the SOLD column when the DATE is the same. The example above shows PLU 12345 on 3/14/08. Any suggestions? Thanks! Dan Dan wrote: > Hello - > > I have a table which looks like ...

Vlookup and Hlookup help
I have a situation where I need to lookup Product A but then lookup Company A in a column that changes. vlookup("Product A",A1:T25,hlookup("Company A",A1:T25,0)) but can't seem to get this to work. The vlookup area has Product A listed 5 times but Company A (horizontally is only listed 1 time). I hope this makes sense but I can't seem to get it to work. Example - my total for Product A and Company A should be $500 Company A Company B Company C Product A 0 100 0 Product A 0 100 0 Product A 0 100 0 Product A 100 100 0 Product A 100 100 100 ...

Help with Chart of Accounts
We are using GP 7.50 and have two questions: If I want to add one new natural code for each of my facilities. What is the easiest way to do this??? I have 500 locations that I need to create this one code for...I am finding myself just creating one at a time because mass modify is not helpful. Does anyone have any ideas of some shortcuts??? The second question is we have two databases created in GP. One is the test version and one is our live. I want to copy the chart of accounts built in the test version to be copied to the live version. Can someone tell me how to do this so that...

look up help
I have two sheet, one having part no and description and other having part no and quantity on hand. How can I bring quantity on hand to my sheet which have part no and description ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ One way: Say your part number and quantity are in Sheet2, columns A and B. Assume your part number and description are in Sheet1, columns C & D, and you want quantity on hand in column E. Then: E2: =VLOOKUP(C2,Sheet2!$A:$B,2,FALSE)...

Please Help!!!
BARE WITH ME!!!! How can I block only the cell that contains the Formula but make it s they can keep inputting the daily numbers (I am sharing a spreadshee that multiple people input daily numbers into. The thing is tha sometimes they type over the cell that contains the formula that run the whole sheet) -- lucifug ----------------------------------------------------------------------- lucifuge's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3730 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=57016 Highlight the whole sheet by clicking th...

Help needed with IF Function
Hi Can anyone help me with this function: I have a spreadsheet that keeps track of my truck inventory, as i add and remove Items i log it in my Palm and it updates various cells, In Stock, Used, Rec'd. I have a min value set in col E and if the value in col I is <= then he work ORDER pops in Order column. This work fine but i want to be able to see a different color for the OK or ORDER text: =IF(I28<=E28,"ORDER","OK") What I need to have happen is when the result that is generated is "ORDER" then the text "ORDER" will be red, BOLD wou...

Help with some logistics
I am trying to put together a worksheet to track properties that a company purchases. I use excel and do simple formulas and layout and have a few questions: The properties go through "flow" of processes and, at any given point, are in a "stage". In that stage there is some data that needs to be viewed but other data is irrelevant at that time (but still needs to be present). I want to be able to print out an "update sheet" that will print the properties out by stage and, in any given stage has the pertinent data in the print area. As i have only worked ...

NEW MS Office 2008 for Mac on NEW MacBook crashes on launch
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Every application on my new Office:Mac 2008 Home/Student edition on a brand new MacBook is not working. It had a few days going strong then ceased launching and entered an error reporting loop. Everything I've researched says its probably due to older Office files, but there are none. Since I'm new to using Macs (unfortunately, not Microsoft) I'm hoping there is someone to help me out there. Strategies I've Tried: - Remove Office & reinstall, with & without restarts - Locate any word docs & d...

Married user
We are running exchange 2003 Sp2 on Server 2003. When users are set up and given email . We create their account using just their first name so it would be domain\firstname to log into network resources. When the create Exchange email address wizard pops up we use the alias firstname.lastname for their email address instead or accepting firstname@domainname.com. So now I have a user that got married and her email and display name need to reflect her new last name. How simple is this ? Or do I have to re-create her account from scratch. I don't want to corrupt the exchange DB. Than...

PLEASE HELP: Send email from Access with data in email body
Hi All, How can I send email from access with data displayed in the email body? I have a button "Email users" in access custom form that sends email to all the users, But I dont know how to send them their particular schedule only. For eg: Here is what My Table looks like: Users Day Time User1 M 13:00 User2 M 14:00 User3 T 15:00 User1 T 16:00 User3 W 17:00 User4 W 18:00 User4 Th 13:00 So basically, When I click "Email Users" Button, I want all the users to receive their respective schedules onl...

Combo help?
I have put combo box control (from Forms toolbar) on worksheet. I have selected Input range from H11 to H15 and Drop down lines = 5. How can I make that starting index in combo is allways 0, so that none value is selected before I click combo? It would be nice to set this on workbook open, but I don't know how. Thank you. One way: Put something like this in the ThisWorkbook code module: Private Sub Workbook_Open() Sheets(1).DropDowns(1).Value = 0 End Sub In article <d4nl50$ito$1@ss405.t-com.hr>, "Marc" <marc5@hotmail.com> wrote: > I hav...

Help with forwarders!! :(
Hey people... Two quick questions :( 1 - Our domain name is abc.com. If I need to setup an address "resumes@abc.com" to forward email to "chris@abc.com", how can I accomplish this without creating RESUMES as a user in AD?? THANKS!!! 2 - We are about to use Exch. '03 Standard. We have approx 40 employees who will be storing their email on their computers, NOT on the server. Should we worry about reaching the 16GB limit?? THANKS AGAIN!!! - Daniel 1. Create a Mail Enabled Public Folder with an Address of resumes@abc.com or create a secondary SMTP Address for re...

Help from mvps
I request all mvps please look into my question posted 2 days back named " macro to automise the task".Please help me to solve that problem with a detailed code. Send me a workbook with the download sheet and 2 or 3 data sheets and I will take a crack at it. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "TUNGANA KURMA RAJU" <TUNGANAKURMARAJU@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4FCEF782-BCD9-4514-932D-75DA1B57379D@microsoft.com... > I request all mvps please look into my question posted 2 days back named " > macro ...

Can someone PLEASE help me fix this
Somehow mostbody must have sent me something that has been taking my hotmail ( windows live mail ) contacts and sending spam to people on my contact list. How can I get rid of whatever it is? Download Malewarebytes and run it you have a Trojan or virus. http://www.malwarebytes.org/ -- Frank P. "Shep" <my@isp.com> wrote in message news:OJViZlswKHA.3408@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Somehow mostbody must have sent me something that has been taking my > hotmail ( windows live mail ) contacts and sending spam to people on my > contact list. Ho...

Thanks Jon for your Jan 2001 post......it helped me today!
Thanks for this Jon....... I found it doing a Google Search.....used it 21 times today. It works super. Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 1. Robin Blackwell Jan 30 2001, 4:23 pm Hi all, I have a large number of Excel 97 Charts that are regularly updated from their corresponding Worksheets. I would like to include on the charts a text title from the Worksheet at cell A1. Is their anyway to link the cell to a text box on each Chart? Any help appreciated. Thanks, Robin 2. Jon Peltier Jan 31 2001, 12:27 am Hi Robin - Easy. Click on the title. Click in the formula bar, press ...

Need credit? Like saving money? Come here then.
http://a1credit.1hwy.com/ Whether you want to save money on high interest balances, or re-establish your credit, all your needs are here. m8r ...

Help, linking doesn't copy over the text format???
I have a cell in excel that is linked to another cell in the worksheet. Though the value in the linked cell changes with any changes in the source cell, the text formatting isn't carried over. Does anyone know why or how to do this? To illustrate this, open a blank excel sheet and type "Microsoft Excel" in the first cell. Now underline just the word Excel in that cell. Now, link to this cell from any other cell on the worksheet and you'll see that the linked cell also shows "Microsoft Excel", but the word Excel is not underlined. Why does this formatting not carry ...

Need Different Sales Tax by Customer
I am using RMS 1.2.0151. I am located in Arkansas. Beginning 2008 we have to charge different sales tax for each city and county we do work in. This will mean my walk-in sales will get charged our store sales tax rate, but when our technicians do on-site work and we ring it up at the store in the POS, then "that" customer will need to be at another rate. So in short, I need to be able to apply a different sales tax rate to each customer. Does a newer version do this? I don't want to upgrade, do not have the funds and it is tied into other software. Can I do anything...

if then help please
I have three columns, B, C and D. In B I would have ranges such as 1-5 6-10 and so on. In D I would have yes or now, paid or not paid. I would kind of like it to be checked or not checked if possible. C must be something like "if B is 1,2,3,4 or 5, then xxx and if D is yes or checked it is a positive and if it is empty then it is a negative." I kind of have an idea how to do this, but nothing I try works. How do I accomplish this? TIA Steven "A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the othe...

CountIf Function Help #3
Hi all, I'm been trying to figure this out for days... I need to take the following sales lead information and plug some data from it into the summary page as shown below... DATA EXAMPLE (Sales Leads): LEAD DATE SOURCE HOMEBUILDER ... APPT SET (Column A) (Column B) (Column C) ... (Column Y) 3/28/05 Homebuilder ASH N 3/28/05 Homebuilder ASH Y SUMMARY EXAMPLE: Builder YTD Leads YTD Appts ASH 43 CAC 33 CAL 8 COR 0 So basically, if the Homebuilder "ASH" has had a total of 6 Appts Set ("Y"), I'd ...

Help with Server network Layout!
Hi. Ive been having this on my mind for quite some time and I could really need some pointers. I built a network setup for a company. It consisted of two offices, both with high-speed internet connections (100Mbit fiber). A SBS2003 server was plaed at the main office. Remote office was connected to main office with VPN routers. It worked excellent! Now, some time later the company has be reorganized and geographical locations has changed. The server is now standing at a web host. Both offices has moved to new locations with poor internet connections (7Mbit) and BOTH offi...

Help
I have Exchanger server 5.5 on Windows NT 4.0, my clients are Outlook 2000, in a some mailbox there is a message that i can't delete, how can i delete this messages from the server? Thanks ...