Keyword EXCEPT not working - SQL Server 2000

Folks,

Does the keyword EXCEPT work only in SQL Server 2005 and later versions?

Thanks!
J.S. 
0
Jack
9/9/2010 7:59:47 PM
sqlserver.programming 1873 articles. 0 followers. Follow

6 Replies
913 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 1

Yes.

Tom

"Jack" <jack@nospamplease.com> wrote in message 
news:usaNNmFULHA.796@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Folks,
>
> Does the keyword EXCEPT work only in SQL Server 2005 and later versions?
>
> Thanks!
> J.S. 

0
Tom
9/9/2010 8:31:48 PM
Thanks, Tom.  Could you advise me of any workaround that may accomplish the 
same thing in SQL Server 2000?  Let me explain the issue I have been trying 
to solve but without success.  It seems very simple but just doesn't get 
solved.

I have a table with a list of products which ProductID and ProductName.and 
some other related columns.
I have another table with CustomerID, CustomerName, Customer Email and a 
bunch of related columns.

Since the number of products was large I  created another table of purchase 
transactions mentioning CustomerName (probablyredundant), CustomerID, 
ProductID andTransactionID.

I wanted a list of all customers with ProductNames, not just ProductID so I 
created a query which is something like (I am mentioning only the important 
columns for the sake of simplicity).

SELECT      dbo.Customers.CustomerID, dbo.Customers.CustomerName, 
dbo.Customers.CustomerEmail, dbo.Products.ProductName, 
dbo.SuiteProducts.ProductID, dbo.ProductsByCustomer.TransactionID.
FROM          dbo.Customers INNER JOIN
                      dbo.ProductsByCustomer ON dbo.Customers.CustomerID = 
dbo.ProductsByCustomer.CustomerID INNER JOIN
                        dbo.Products ON dbo.ProductsByCustomer.ProductID = 
dbo.Products.ProductID

In the results of this query some customers are mentioned in several rows 
because they have purchased several products.  I filtered this query by a 
particular product and sent emails to those customers.  Now I want to send 
emails to customers with other products (some customers purchased this one 
also) but I do not want to send emails to those customers again to whom I 
have already sent emails.  This should be fairly easy to accomplish, right? 
But when I try to do so it doesn't work and I understand why but I don't 
know a solution without using EXCEPT.

Basically I want a List of Customers who have purchased another product but 
I do not want to send repeat emails to customers who have already received 
emails because of the previous product.  Can this be accomplished in SQL 
server 2000?

Thanks!
Jack

"Tom Cooper" <tomcooper@comcast.net> wrote in message 
news:#PNhY4FULHA.4980@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Yes.
>
> Tom
 

0
Jack
9/10/2010 12:45:45 AM
As I understand it you want customers who have bought products, but only 
those customers who did not buy a particular ProductID, say ProductID 25, 
that would be something like

SELECT      c.CustomerID, c.CustomerName,
c.CustomerEmail, p.ProductName,
/* the next column seems to be from a table not mentioned in your query,
so I'm ignoring it
dbo.SuiteProducts.ProductID, */
pc.TransactionID.
FROM          dbo.Customers c
INNER JOIN dbo.ProductsByCustomer pc ON c.CustomerID = pc.CustomerID
INNER JOIN dbo.Products p ON pc.ProductID = p.ProductID
WHERE NOT EXISTS (SELECT * FROM dbo.ProductsByCustomer pc2
  WHERE pc2.CustomerID = c.CustomerID AND pc2.ProductID = 25)

If you have a list of products say 25, 47, and 63, and you don't want the 
Customer if the Customer bought any product in that list change the last 
line to read

  WHERE pc2.CustomerID = c.CustomerID AND pc2.ProductID IN (25,47,63))

And as soon as you feasibly can, get off of SQL 2000.

Tom

"Jack" <jack@nospamplease.com> wrote in message 
news:uFdqAGIULHA.2100@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Thanks, Tom.  Could you advise me of any workaround that may accomplish 
> the same thing in SQL Server 2000?  Let me explain the issue I have been 
> trying to solve but without success.  It seems very simple but just 
> doesn't get solved.
>
> I have a table with a list of products which ProductID and ProductName.and 
> some other related columns.
> I have another table with CustomerID, CustomerName, Customer Email and a 
> bunch of related columns.
>
> Since the number of products was large I  created another table of 
> purchase transactions mentioning CustomerName (probablyredundant), 
> CustomerID, ProductID andTransactionID.
>
> I wanted a list of all customers with ProductNames, not just ProductID so 
> I created a query which is something like (I am mentioning only the 
> important columns for the sake of simplicity).
>
> SELECT      dbo.Customers.CustomerID, dbo.Customers.CustomerName, 
> dbo.Customers.CustomerEmail, dbo.Products.ProductName, 
> dbo.SuiteProducts.ProductID, dbo.ProductsByCustomer.TransactionID.
> FROM          dbo.Customers INNER JOIN
>                      dbo.ProductsByCustomer ON dbo.Customers.CustomerID = 
> dbo.ProductsByCustomer.CustomerID INNER JOIN
>                        dbo.Products ON dbo.ProductsByCustomer.ProductID = 
> dbo.Products.ProductID
>
> In the results of this query some customers are mentioned in several rows 
> because they have purchased several products.  I filtered this query by a 
> particular product and sent emails to those customers.  Now I want to send 
> emails to customers with other products (some customers purchased this one 
> also) but I do not want to send emails to those customers again to whom I 
> have already sent emails.  This should be fairly easy to accomplish, 
> right? But when I try to do so it doesn't work and I understand why but I 
> don't know a solution without using EXCEPT.
>
> Basically I want a List of Customers who have purchased another product 
> but I do not want to send repeat emails to customers who have already 
> received emails because of the previous product.  Can this be accomplished 
> in SQL server 2000?
>
> Thanks!
> Jack
>
> "Tom Cooper" <tomcooper@comcast.net> wrote in message 
> news:#PNhY4FULHA.4980@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> Yes.
>>
>> Tom
>
> 

0
Tom
9/10/2010 3:51:30 AM
That was amazing, Tom.  I thought maybe it wouldn't work without EXCEPT but 
your code worked perfectly.  I am glad you mentioned the last line also in 
case of more products like (25,47,63).

Regarding the database, my webhost is ready to move me from SQL 2000 to SQL 
2008 box but I am not sure what, if any, problems such a migration could 
cause.

Jack


"Tom Cooper" <tomcooper@comcast.net> wrote in message 
news:ef5FGuJULHA.2100@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> As I understand it you want customers who have bought products, but only 
> those customers who did not buy a particular ProductID, say ProductID 25, 
> that would be something like
>
> SELECT      c.CustomerID, c.CustomerName,
> c.CustomerEmail, p.ProductName,
> /* the next column seems to be from a table not mentioned in your query,
> so I'm ignoring it
> dbo.SuiteProducts.ProductID, */
> pc.TransactionID.
> FROM          dbo.Customers c
> INNER JOIN dbo.ProductsByCustomer pc ON c.CustomerID = pc.CustomerID
> INNER JOIN dbo.Products p ON pc.ProductID = p.ProductID
> WHERE NOT EXISTS (SELECT * FROM dbo.ProductsByCustomer pc2
>  WHERE pc2.CustomerID = c.CustomerID AND pc2.ProductID = 25)
>
> If you have a list of products say 25, 47, and 63, and you don't want the 
> Customer if the Customer bought any product in that list change the last 
> line to read
>
>  WHERE pc2.CustomerID = c.CustomerID AND pc2.ProductID IN (25,47,63))
>
> And as soon as you feasibly can, get off of SQL 2000.
>
> Tom
 

0
Jack
9/11/2010 12:58:49 AM
Glad I could help.

It is certainly possible to have things break when you upgrade.  There is an 
Upgrade Advisor which can help finding potential problems.  You can find 
tthe 2008 version at 
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyId=F5A6C5E9-4CD9-4E42-A21C-7291E7F0F852&displaylang=en. 
You will also definitely want to review the backward compatability issues - 
you can find the 2008 version at 
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc280407%28v=SQL.100%29.aspx.  And 
at look at the topics under "Upgrading to SQL Server 2008" at 
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb677622%28v=SQL.100%29.aspx and 
review the topics that are relevant to your instalation.

One very common problem people had when upgrading was that they had coded 
views like
CREATE MyView AS
SELECT TOP 100 PERCENT <column list>
FROM MyTable
ORDER BY <some column>

Then when they selected from that view, they just did

SELECT <column list> FROM MyView

and expected the result to be ordered by <some column> because the view had 
an order by.  This was always bad coding, but it usually worked in SQL 2000. 
In SQL 2005 or later, it is much more likely not to work.  If you want the 
result ordered when you select from the view, you must use an ORDER BY when 
selecting from the view.  That is

SELECT <column list> FROM MyView
ORDER BY <some column>

You will want to test using SQL 2008 before going live with it.  So the 
upgrade will be some work, but there are many new features available and the 
upgrade is well worth the effort.

Tom

"Jack" <jack@nospamplease.com> wrote in message 
news:eO57ByUULHA.4872@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> That was amazing, Tom.  I thought maybe it wouldn't work without EXCEPT 
> but your code worked perfectly.  I am glad you mentioned the last line 
> also in case of more products like (25,47,63).
>
> Regarding the database, my webhost is ready to move me from SQL 2000 to 
> SQL 2008 box but I am not sure what, if any, problems such a migration 
> could cause.
>
> Jack
>
>
> "Tom Cooper" <tomcooper@comcast.net> wrote in message 
> news:ef5FGuJULHA.2100@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> As I understand it you want customers who have bought products, but only 
>> those customers who did not buy a particular ProductID, say ProductID 25, 
>> that would be something like
>>
>> SELECT      c.CustomerID, c.CustomerName,
>> c.CustomerEmail, p.ProductName,
>> /* the next column seems to be from a table not mentioned in your query,
>> so I'm ignoring it
>> dbo.SuiteProducts.ProductID, */
>> pc.TransactionID.
>> FROM          dbo.Customers c
>> INNER JOIN dbo.ProductsByCustomer pc ON c.CustomerID = pc.CustomerID
>> INNER JOIN dbo.Products p ON pc.ProductID = p.ProductID
>> WHERE NOT EXISTS (SELECT * FROM dbo.ProductsByCustomer pc2
>>  WHERE pc2.CustomerID = c.CustomerID AND pc2.ProductID = 25)
>>
>> If you have a list of products say 25, 47, and 63, and you don't want the 
>> Customer if the Customer bought any product in that list change the last 
>> line to read
>>
>>  WHERE pc2.CustomerID = c.CustomerID AND pc2.ProductID IN (25,47,63))
>>
>> And as soon as you feasibly can, get off of SQL 2000.
>>
>> Tom
>
> 

0
Tom
9/11/2010 5:31:53 AM
Tom,

Thanks for those useful links, your detailed responses, and your good 
advice.  I am grateful for your help.

And I am going to move to SQL 2008 while keeping everything you have said in 
mind.

Jack


"Tom Cooper" <tomcooper@comcast.net> wrote in message 
news:uKwBnKXULHA.564@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Glad I could help.
>
> It is certainly possible to have things break when you upgrade.  There is 
> an Upgrade Advisor which can help finding potential problems.  You can 
> find tthe 2008 version at 
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyId=F5A6C5E9-4CD9-4E42-A21C-7291E7F0F852&displaylang=en. 
> You will also definitely want to review the backward compatability 
> issues - you can find the 2008 version at 
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc280407%28v=SQL.100%29.aspx.  And 
> at look at the topics under "Upgrading to SQL Server 2008" at 
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb677622%28v=SQL.100%29.aspx and 
> review the topics that are relevant to your instalation.
>
> One very common problem people had when upgrading was that they had coded 
> views like
> CREATE MyView AS
> SELECT TOP 100 PERCENT <column list>
> FROM MyTable
> ORDER BY <some column>
>
> Then when they selected from that view, they just did
>
> SELECT <column list> FROM MyView
>
> and expected the result to be ordered by <some column> because the view 
> had an order by.  This was always bad coding, but it usually worked in SQL 
> 2000. In SQL 2005 or later, it is much more likely not to work.  If you 
> want the result ordered when you select from the view, you must use an 
> ORDER BY when selecting from the view.  That is
>
> SELECT <column list> FROM MyView
> ORDER BY <some column>
>
> You will want to test using SQL 2008 before going live with it.  So the 
> upgrade will be some work, but there are many new features available and 
> the upgrade is well worth the effort.
>
> Tom
 

0
Jack
9/11/2010 10:24:20 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Application becomes slow in windows server 2003
When i run my application(supports unicode) which i made in MFC(microsoft visual studio 6.0) on windows server 2003 running very slowly. While this application runs perfectly on winxp/win2000. My application open hard drive and read data from it. Please suggest how to improve the performance. On Dec 9, 10:58=A0am, "Ashish" <akohli_2...@hotmail.com> wrote: > When i run my application(supports unicode) which i made in MFC(microsoft > visual studio 6.0) on windows server 2003 running very slowly. While this > application runs > perfectly on winxp/win200...

msn stock quote does not work with excel 2007 ?
Hello, Msn stock quote dos not work with excel 97. Is there someone who success to use it ? Thank you very much , Best regards, Chris chrisnews wrote: > Hello, > > Msn stock quote dos not work with excel 97. Is there someone who success to > use it ? > > Thank you very much , > > Best regards, > > Chris > > Subject says Excel 2007. Body says Excel 97. All I know is that MSN Stock Quote works with Excel 2003. Bill Bill Sharpe wrote: > chrisnews wrote: > >> Hello, >> >> Msn stock quote dos not work with excel 97. Is...

Set Keyword
When is it appropriate to use the Set keyword in VBA? a = Range("A1:A36") Set a=Range("A1:A36") Thanks!!! Hi if you want to assign an object to a variable. -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "mark1" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:a0af01c486b6$3d0da210$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When is it appropriate to use the Set keyword in VBA? > > a = Range("A1:A36") > > Set a=Range("A1:A36") > > Thanks!!! ...

Outlook 2000 and purging IMAP folders
I recently signed up with an outside mail provider and their default configuration is to use IMAP, not POP3. That was fine, but I just learned about this problem: My email client (Outlook 2000) doesn't purge deleted items from the server. Earlier this week one of my clients had sent me about 25 MB of attachments, and they bounced today. Turns out that my mail was over its quota of 100 MB. (I got this service so I would *never* run out of room!) The mail service admin told me today that most email clients can send an instruction back to the server to "purge" deleted items fr...

error :unhandled exception:0xE06D7363:
unhandled exception in mfcclient.exe(Kernel32.dll):0xE06D7363:Microsoft C++ exception Ankit Aneja Software Developer There's a bug in your program. Seriously, you need to give a whole lot more information, such as the stack backtrace to your source code, what you were trying to do, etc. joe On Sat, 1 Oct 2005 19:03:54 +0530, "Ankit Aneja" <efextra@newsgroups.nospam> wrote: >unhandled exception in mfcclient.exe(Kernel32.dll):0xE06D7363:Microsoft C++ >exception > >Ankit Aneja Software Developer > Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer@flounder.com...

RDP remotely
How do most people do this? I need to be able to RDP in multiple servers. The servers here are already setup to do that: someone edited the registry on servers to configure RPD to listen on a different port than 3389. But what I don't like is; since some of the servers have been changed to listen on a port other than the default, when I'm on the LAN, I have to use the external ip address and the port number. I can't just put ServerName:portNumber I have to put ExternalIPaddress:portNumber Is that normal? That I can't use the host name when using RDP locally...

Send button missing on Outlook 2000
When I create a new message in Outlook, there is not a "Send" button any where. I've looked in each of the Tool bars and have even tried dragging the active tool bar down to see where the Send button could be. I don't have one. Does anyone have a clue as to how to put on in Outlook? I am baffled! Thanks! With Outlook closed, search your computer for the hidden file outcmd.dat Rename it outcmd.old Restart Outlook. Any better? "Georgia Neeley" <gneeley@thebirnkmanncorp.com> wrote in message news:017f01c359f6$9feea570$a101280a@phx.gbl... > When I...

CTRL+N works in kiosk mode
We have an application that runs IE 7 in kiosk mode and have recently found that by doing a simple CTRL+N they can start a new browser which includes the title bar / menu / etc that we don't want the user to have access to. Is there any way to turn this off? thanks Pete Oh right....http://support.microsoft.com/kb/258864 Apparently this is still around in IE7 ;) Peter J. Dickason, MCSE <NOSPAMPeterdotDickasonatAirgasdotcom@email.com> wrote: > Oh right....http://support.microsoft.com/kb/258864 > > Apparently this is still around in IE7 ;) ...

I can work Great Plains in a machine of 64 bits?
I can work Great Plains in a machine of 64 bits? Richard, Here is what it says in the GP 9.0 system requirements: "The Microsoft Dynamics GP client or server application install is not compiled for a 64-bit operating system, therefore the client or server application install is not supported on any Windows 64-bit operating system running in 64-bit mode. This includes the new x64 Windows 2003 and Windows XP operating systems. The Microsoft SQL Server databases can be housed on a 64-bit operating system. If you want to run your Windows 64-bit Server in 32-bit emulation mode, you...

Keyword search engine???
I am trying to make a search engine form for one table of mine because it has long descriptions for each record and there are 5000 records its kind of hard to use a combo box search. I was wondering if anyone out there had an example of a keyword search engine so I could see how to do it because I am at a loss. I already had a criteria search engine that didn't work well enough for what I need. I need something that will search out everything that has the word I type in it and bring it up even if there are more words in the record. Try Allen Browne's method here: http://allenbrow...

Update chart with new row
I have a stacked area chart that I have been updating for years. The X axis is date and I add a new date row weekly. In previous versions of Excel, to update the chart each week I could simply select the new row of data and then drag and drop it onto the chart. That doesn't work with Excel 2007 (it copies or moves the selected data). I also tried the 'Select Data' dialog, but it says "The data range is too complex to be displayed. If a new range is selected it will replace all of the series in the series panel." The chart date range in that dialog is blank. ...

Work Order Deposits Revisited
Two actual problems I am facing this morning--not hypotheticals. Case #1. Work Order for multiple items. Deposit already taken for full amount. Customer wants to delete one item from order. Cashier recalls WO, deletes line item, RMS POS says 'customer due refund of $$$'. Tender to save changes--tender screen appears with ($$$) due. Enter appropriate amount in any 'on account' tender field, RMS says 'cannot overtender'. Stuck. I was able to tender as cash then take a payment of the entire cash amout to show credit on account. This requires the cashier to p...

Change Exchange Server name in multi user on a PC.
Just setup a new exchange server. Is there a way to change the name of the server on a computer that will change it for all that log into that computer? Leave the old Exchange Server up and running. The first time a user logs in after you've moved his mailbox from the old server to the new server, Outlook will automagically find the new server and reset his account details to it. When all mailboxes have been moved and all users have logged into the new server, you can remove the old server. Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- W...

OL 2003 Spam Filter on Exchange server?
The Spam Filter that is integrated in Outlook 2003 works very good for us with nearly 100% success rate, and there was never a Email that is not Spam in the junk mail folder. Unfortunately, the Filter is integrated in OL 2003 and I haven't found a way to transfer this rules for spam mail filtering to the Exchange server 2003. We are often abroad and access our mailboxes over OWA. Is there a better method for using the Outlook 2003 junk mail filtering capabilities than let the office workstation with Outlook 2003 running all the time when we are abroad? Does Microsoft plan to add the same ...

Can I put a Print command in a work book
I want to have a command to make a certain page print. Much like you would see on the bottom of a receipt on an internet purchase. Is this possible. I am hoping to have a page of different print commands to print different pages of my work book. does any body know if this is possible? This is in Excel Sure, HyLee. Just record a macro. http://www.officearticles.com/excel/record_a_macro_in_microsoft_excel.htm ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "HyLee Hansen" <HyLee Hansen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0A9FEBC9-DBB8-4346-8600-349BC6FB2C3A@...

Sending an email from activities fails with unhandled exception
I have the following error every time when we try to send an email througt the Activities window. I suspect that this is somewhat related to the CDO object because of the error number - any help would be appreciated. Error Message for User: "Invalid Visibility Modification Access" Detailed debug information: Error Description: "User does not have access to modify the visibility of this item." Error Number: 0x80040213 Stack Trace: [SoapException: Server was unable to process request.] System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientM...

migrate security setups to alternate servers
Hello there, I have a request to use a development environment to setup and test both user security (advanced security) setups and field level security options. I have seen and used the import\export functionality in advanced security, but this only works for single users\classes. Is there a method for copying all user, class, and field level security settings from a development server to a production server? My guess is that restoring the dynamics database would do this, but I am unsure and would like an alternate option if possible. Thanks in advance, Jason Security restrictions are...

deliver mail from othe exchange server
how can i deliver my message from a non exchange server working in non trusted domain that has a connection to internet :messages coming from Internet and our exchange 2003 hasnot connection to internet it just has aconnection to exchange 2000 that has a internet connection best regards Linda Configure relay server. See http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?spid=global&query=relay+smtp&catalog=LCID%3D1033&pwt=false&title=true&kt=ALL&mdt=0&comm=1&ast=1&ast=2&ast=3&mode=a&x=13&y=1 using certificate wrote: > how can i del...

PowerShell keywords
exit as processed at a PowerShell prompt does not show up as an Alias, nor is it a Function. get-help exit pulls up help on the Exit-PSSession cmdlet get-help Exit-PSSession -full gets me this hint "The Exit keyword has the same effect as using Exit-PSSession." (Which by the way I don't find to be true in general.) Now that I know exit is a keyword I can use get-help keywords -full to get better documentation on exit as a keyword, and find all the other PowerShell keywords. I'm still hoping someday to find a formal definitive PowerShell langu...

how do i remove cells with no data in them on a pivot table in excel 2000
how do i remove cells with no data in them on a pivot table in excel 2000. I have tried ticking the box 'remove rows with no data' but they are still there. I have tried everything, can canyone help please? It may be that the total is zero rather than having no data. Double click the PT blank value cell to see if there are, in fact, records there. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

CALCULATE HOURS WORKED
I am fairly new to Excel, but I need the formula to calculate hours worked, to include 30-60 min off for lunch. Formula must include hours and minutes worked. You can do math on dates and times exactly as you would with numbers. a b c d 09:00 12:00 13:00 17:00 =(b1-a1)+(d1-c1) "Calculation of hours worked." wrote: > I am fairly new to Excel, but I need the formula to calculate hours worked, > to include 30-60 min off for lunch. Formula must include hours and minutes > worked. ....oh then you can format the answer to hh:mm "Calculation of ...

server #2
Where the setting to save email on the server in outlook 2007? thanks "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F47772A-9B04-4F9A-BFCA-654177A23059@microsoft.com... > Where the setting to save email on the server in outlook 2007? thanks Same place as in prior versions - Tools-Account Settings-Change-More Settings-Advanced... See http://www.slipstick.com/tutorials/more/settings.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlo...

Outlook 2000 doesn't respond after downloading MS update!!
Luckily, my Outlook Express seems to work, but my Outlook 2000 will open, but if I click on a message or do Anything, it FREEZES. HELP!! I rely on calendar functions, other things. HOW could MS allow an update that screws up their own programs? I did restore - to no avail. I lent CD to someone, so can't do "repair." (Trying to get a hold of friend) Please help! I'm in process of job hunt & really need Outlook to function... Thanks, Sherry Did you recently apply SP3 for Office/Outlook 2000 and is Outlook 2000 configured in Internet Mail Only mode? If yes, you...

Volume License copy of Windows Server
Gurus, Is there anyway anymore to get a full Volume License copy of Windows Server (e.g., version 2008) which does NOT require Internet activation? -- Spin Start with Vista/Windows 2008, your options to activate are by Internet or Phone. I believe the command that kicks it off is: slui.exe 4 "Spin" <Spin@invalid.com> wrote in message news:84nk89Far1U1@mid.individual.net... > Gurus, > > Is there anyway anymore to get a full Volume License copy of Windows > Server (e.g., version 2008) which does NOT require Internet activation? > ...

Customise outlook today button not working
please can someone tell me why my customize outlook button won't work...I have seen other people have the same problem, but have not seen any solution. thanks If this is Outlook 2000, the following MSKB article provides the fix for this issue. OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In n...