How do I get an item's rank?

Hi,

Let's say I have 10 merchants selling the same product at different prices.
How do I get a vendor's ranking?

I'd be passing the stored procedure ProductID and VendorID. And the data
comes from a table with three columns ProductID, VendorID, Price where the
Price field is smallmoney.
--
Thanks,

Sam

Something like

With RankedVendors As
(Select ProductID, VendorID, Price,
   Row_Number() Over (Order By Price) As Rank
From <YourTable>
Where ProductID = <product you are looking for>)
Select ProductID, VendorID, Price, Rank
From RankedVendors
Where VendorID = <vendor id you are looking for>;

Tom

"Sam" <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Let's say I have 10 merchants selling the same product at different
> prices.
> How do I get a vendor's ranking?
>
> I'd be passing the stored procedure ProductID and VendorID. And the data
> comes from a table with three columns ProductID, VendorID, Price where the
> Price field is smallmoney.
> --
> Thanks,
>
> Sam

0
Tom
11/29/2009 11:42:21 PM
When I first read this, I assumed you wanted the vendor selling the most,
only sales aren't available.

Therefore, based on the data available, you must want them ranked by how
much each vendor is selling an item for.

SELECT ProductID, VendorID, Price
FROM Table
WHERE ProductID = @ProductID
AND VendorID = @VendorID
ORDER BY Price Desc

"Sam" <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Let's say I have 10 merchants selling the same product at different
> prices.
> How do I get a vendor's ranking?
>
> I'd be passing the stored procedure ProductID and VendorID. And the data
> comes from a table with three columns ProductID, VendorID, Price where the
> Price field is smallmoney.
> --
> Thanks,
>
> Sam

0
Jay
11/29/2009 11:58:20 PM
What's your business rule for the "ranking" of vendors?  This sounds a lot
like your previous question.

--
Thanks

Michael Coles
SQL Server MVP
Author, "Expert SQL Server 2008 Encryption"
(http://www.apress.com/book/view/1430224649)
----------------

"Sam" <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Let's say I have 10 merchants selling the same product at different
> prices.
> How do I get a vendor's ranking?
>
> I'd be passing the stored procedure ProductID and VendorID. And the data
> comes from a table with three columns ProductID, VendorID, Price where the
> Price field is smallmoney.
> --
> Thanks,
>
> Sam

0
Michael
11/30/2009 1:52:23 AM
Come on Michael, we all know this is a school assignment.

"Michael Coles" <admin@geocodenet.com> wrote in message
> What's your business rule for the "ranking" of vendors?  This sounds a lot
> like your previous question.
>
> --
> Thanks
>
> Michael Coles
> SQL Server MVP
> Author, "Expert SQL Server 2008 Encryption"
> (http://www.apress.com/book/view/1430224649)
> ----------------
>
> "Sam" <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> Let's say I have 10 merchants selling the same product at different
>> prices.
>> How do I get a vendor's ranking?
>>
>> I'd be passing the stored procedure ProductID and VendorID. And the data
>> comes from a table with three columns ProductID, VendorID, Price where
>> the
>> Price field is smallmoney.
>> --
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Sam

0
Jay
11/30/2009 2:29:33 AM
Probably.  I just wanted to see if he recognized that he already asked the
same basic question and already got an answer. :)

--

"Jay" <spam@nospam.org> wrote in message
> Come on Michael, we all know this is a school assignment.
>
> "Michael Coles" <admin@geocodenet.com> wrote in message
>> What's your business rule for the "ranking" of vendors?  This sounds a
>> lot like your previous question.
>>
>> --
>> Thanks
>>
>> Michael Coles
>> SQL Server MVP
>> Author, "Expert SQL Server 2008 Encryption"
>> (http://www.apress.com/book/view/1430224649)
>> ----------------
>>
>> "Sam" <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Let's say I have 10 merchants selling the same product at different
>>> prices.
>>> How do I get a vendor's ranking?
>>>
>>> I'd be passing the stored procedure ProductID and VendorID. And the data
>>> comes from a table with three columns ProductID, VendorID, Price where
>>> the
>>> Price field is smallmoney.
>>> --
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Sam

0
Michael
11/30/2009 5:36:57 AM
Thank you all for your responses. Sorry for not making it clear.

Ranking in terms of "price". So if Vendor A sells the item for 19.99 and B
sells it for 21.99, etc. I want to send ProductID and VendorID and get 1 for
Vendor A as he's got the lowest price so he's ranked #1 in price.
--
Thanks,

Sam

"Michael Coles" wrote:

> Probably.  I just wanted to see if he recognized that he already asked the
> same basic question and already got an answer. :)
>
> --
> Thanks
>
> Michael Coles
> SQL Server MVP
> Author, "Expert SQL Server 2008 Encryption"
> (http://www.apress.com/book/view/1430224649)
> ----------------
>
> "Jay" <spam@nospam.org> wrote in message
> > Come on Michael, we all know this is a school assignment.
> >
> > "Michael Coles" <admin@geocodenet.com> wrote in message
> >> What's your business rule for the "ranking" of vendors?  This sounds a
> >> lot like your previous question.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Thanks
> >>
> >> Michael Coles
> >> SQL Server MVP
> >> Author, "Expert SQL Server 2008 Encryption"
> >> (http://www.apress.com/book/view/1430224649)
> >> ----------------
> >>
> >> "Sam" <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Keeping Sent Items in sync across two PCs
I asked this question a few days ago in the microsoft.public.outlook.general forum but didn't get any replies, so I thought I'd try here instead... I have two computers, and both use Outlook 2000 for email. I don not use an Exchange server - email is by POP3/SMTP. Both computers collect the same email by POP3, and are set up to leave messages on the server for 30 days so nothing is missed on either PC. This works well, but the only problem is that when I send an email, it is only in the Sent Items fold of the PC that I used to send the email. Is there a way to 'copy' group...

A Crystal Beginner

Prepaid items
I have a retail camera store and want to offer pre-paid print packages - but I want the funds to only be available as item credits - i.e. say i want to sell 100 prints for 25¢ - so when a customer comes in and orders prints, I want to be able to subtract the number of prints from their balance - but I do *not* want it to be a $$ credit. IOW, the credits are only good on prints - NOT on other merchandise. Any suggestions on how to approach this in RMS? Thanks! Gary You may want to consider setting it up like gift cards or vouchers -- "Gary" wrote: > I have a ret...

Get paid while you get online!!

Removal of Entity Navigational Pane Items
Can anyone spread any light on this problem please?? I have no need of the Existing Products, or Write-in Products menu items within Invoice and Orders. Does anyone know how to remove them?? And also reorder that list. Many thanks in advance Ben I too had to do this. To achieve it, I ended up adding some client code to OnLoad event for the form (ewww): /* hide Write-In Products */ document.all.navWriteInProducts.style.display = "none"; I'd be thrilled to learn of a better solution, but I hope that helps, Jacob. "Ben" wrote: > Can anyone spread any ligh...

Spreadsheet getting corrupted

Can I enter items in MSN Money and have it update Money?
I would like to be able to manage my checking account on MSN Money when I am traveling can I do this and have it sychronize with Money on my PC when I return? If so how? Thanks Kelly Which version of Money? -- Michael Gordon MVP "Kelly" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09dc01c4aaf1$ee8880a0$a601280a@phx.gbl... >I would like to be able to manage my checking account on > MSN Money when I am traveling can I do this and have it > sychronize with Money on my PC when I return? If so how? > > Thanks > Kelly ...

How do I get??

Get notified when Out of Office is on

What's "can't shift items off sheet" in Excel?
I have a rather large Excel file (I'm adding items to the "G" columns. I have several columns hidden (old data I want to keep) and only about 8 or 10 columns unhidden. When I tried to hide three more columns just now, I get an Excel message "can't shift items off sheet". What does this mean? I've been using Excel for 11 years, and have never seen this message. http://support.microsoft.com/?id=170081 XL97: "Cannot Shift Objects Off Sheet" Error Hiding Columns http://support.microsoft.com/?id=211769 XL2000: "Cannot Shift Objects Off Sheet&...

Can the Item Description wrap to multiple lines on an invoice?
We have some long item descriptions (up to the 100 character limit), and we were trying to figure out how to get them to print on an invoice. If I spread the field all out on a single line, it's too long to fit on the document. If I create a box that's several lines tall, it does partially wrap, but it doesn't print the full description - it cuts off after around the 60th character or so. Has anyone successfully wrapped an item description on an invoice? -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 I think you'll need to parse it and then...

Can I reference a filtered item in the Custom Header
I would like to include the currently filtered item in my custom report header. For example: "Dummy Bills for Agency xxxxxxxx", where xxxxxxxx is the currently filtered agency. Can this be done? Here's a link that returns the filter criteria via a userdefined function. It's a procedure posted by Tom Ogilvy (posted by Debra Dalgleish). http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=40BE8AD9.5040505%40contexturesXSPAM.com Jack wrote: > > I would like to include the currently filtered item in my custom report > header. For example: "Dummy Bills for Agency xxxxxxx...

Getting Control ID in Active X control

Get photos from a camera

how to get the pointer variable address from a dll
hi all, I have a DLL which has a output parameter LPVOID, A application calls this DLL function, the Dll responsibility is to assign a valid pointer to the lpBuffer, Till here it is OK, but once it returns to the Application this lpBuffer becomes NULL. Prototype, __declspec(dllexport) BOOL TRSTMonGetStatus(LPVOID lpBuffer) Please let me know what to do, I am stuck in this. try this __declspec(dllexport) BOOL TRSTMonGetStatus(LPVOID &lpBuffer) AliR. <karunyalakshmi@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1182179607.989434.318540@x35g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > > hi a...

How do I get my best friend back?
I NEED TO KNOW "monsterboy16" <monsterboy16@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7918DF09-EB34-46E4-852E-8DAAC3FFF45F@microsoft.com... > I NEED TO KNOW Easy. Just lift the lid on your toilet seat and whistle. Dipshit! -- "Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." Pretend that you're in a coma and unable to communicate in any way (such as posting messages in newsgroups). "monsterboy16" <monsterboy16@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...