Help with a pivot Query

Could someone please help with the following:

     I need to create a query that will pull from one table
'Order_Line_Invoice' and display in the following output.

                      2009-2010                2008-2009         Differances
                      -------------                ------------
--------------
CustID         Units  Sales               Units   Sales       Units   Sales
  1                   5       $20                   3          $25         2
         $5
  2                   1       $15                   2          $20         1
         $5

Would anyone know how to do this type of thing.  If so could you please
write a sample query that I could use to learn from and manipulate.  I just
need a starting point for doing this type of thing.

Thanks
--
Dave

Sorry that output example became skewed, it should look like this:  Note the
09-10 & 08-09 unit and sales have to be between those date ranges.

            09-10           98-09       diff
            -------           -------       ----
cust    unit sales    unit sales  unit sales
1          5     $10      3    $15     2     $5
etc.

--
Dave

David (duckkiller53@gmail.com) writes:
> Could someone please help with the following:
>
>      I need to create a query that will pull from one table
> 'Order_Line_Invoice' and display in the following output.
>
>                       2009-2010                2008-2009
>Differances
>                       -------------                ------------
> --------------
> CustID         Units  Sales               Units   Sales       Units
>Sales
>   1                   5       $20                   3          $25
>2
>          $5
>   2                   1       $15                   2          $20
>1
>          $5
>

> Would anyone know how to do this type of thing.  If so could you please
> write a sample query that I could use to learn from and manipulate.  I
> just need a starting point for doing this type of thing.

Here is a query that runs in the Northwind databaes and which displays
the number of orders handled by each employee each year:

SELECT E.LastName,
       [1996] = SUM(CASE Year(OrderDate) WHEN '1996' THEN 1 ELSE 0 END),
       [1997] = SUM(CASE Year(OrderDate) WHEN '1997' THEN 1 ELSE 0 END),
       [1998] = SUM(CASE Year(OrderDate) WHEN '1998' THEN 1 ELSE 0 END)
FROM   Orders O
JOIN   Employees E ON O.EmployeeID = E.EmployeeID
GROUP  BY E.LastName

Links for SQL Server Books Online:

Erland

sumifs help

Help !

MS Query variable
Is it possible to pass a variable to an MS query from and excel spreadsheet. ie. can the user enter something into a cell on sheet1 and this be called into an MSquery and the query run on this info? Dean This is certainly possible. However the MSquery results must be returned to excel. You need to access the query properties (right click in the data returned area) and select the Parameters option. This menu option is sensitive to the fact that the query is expecting parameters so ensure that the query is constructed for this first. (MSQuery help hsows you how) Then it is simply a m...

Help with this thing

Help with Outlook Setup!!!

Use Outlook to send to contacts in a query
Is there a way to set Outlook to send to contacts stored in a query (or a table) WITHOUT just importing them and doing it that way? I want to create a database, set Outlook to look in it, and have it send to contacts whose contact information will be listed in that database. Alan: Yes, there is a way. But have you explored, and rejected, storing contacts in Outlook and creating Outlook Distribution Lists? If you really need to store your contacts in Access, then you could use VBA code in your Access database to start Outlook and send and an email (or Mailitem as Outlook calls it). Y...

exch 5.5 help

Suppress pivot table lines
I'm creating a budget pivot table. Its' source is a worksheet in the same workbook that is linked to individual department budget workbooks. A general budget template was used for all departments and many of the accounts have a zero value in the amount column. The pivot table picks up all the accounts, including the ones with zero values. Is there any way to suppress these lines without actually deleting the linked rows? I'd like to keep the pivot table's workbook flexible and generic but it prints an excessive amount of rows with no numeric values. Thanks, TomD The f...

Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

help...help...help

Need help in data copying.

Macro Help

help me #2

Query to Count "0" in Row
I am trying to create an expression in a query that says if CONTRIBUTION BEGIN year is less then 2006 and the AUTE2 = 00/00/00 then count the number of "0" in the rown and multiply that by 58. This is what I had thought up so far, but I know it isn't right. CONTRIBUTION DUE: IIF([CONTRIBUTION BEGIN], 'yyyy' <2006, AND AUTE2 = 00/00/00, Count "0" And Multiply by 58 Any input is greatly appreciated. -Anthony Morano What kind of data type is being stored in your [AUTE2] field? If that is supposed to be a date, I don't think Access considers #00/00/00...

CString help

HelpProvider and HTML Help interaction

Grouping Time in Pivots.
I have a large DB, this is a small example, Client Date Time 1 5/31/2010 9:32:43 AM 1 5/31/2010 9:34:21 AM 1 5/31/2010 10:51:39 AM 3 5/31/2010 11:10:13 PM 3 5/31/2010 03:13:10 PM 5 5/31/2010 05:42:01 PM 5 5/31/2010 06:45:43 PM 2 5/31/2010 06:47:11 PM 4 5/31/2010 08:50:31 PM I would like to create a pivot table that will count how many times each client placed an order between these time groups, 9:00 am - 4:00 pm 4:01 pm - 6:00 pm 6:01 pm - 11:59 pm Each entry is one order placed.... Assuming Column C contains the Time, use a helper column with the following formul...

Your Help is Appreciated

OLE DB Query in Excel
Is it possible to pass parameters to SQL in an OLE DB query within Excel. For example: Select * from property where prop_id = ? Somehow link the parameter to a cell in the spreadsheet or something in like. Thanks. Hi Joe, You can link parameters from your spreadsheet to SQL statements but right off hand I can't remember if you need to do this with a VBA SQL line or you can imbed it directly in an SQL statement. Could you show us the SQL statement or VBA SQL line. -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "JOE OROZCO" wrote: > Is it possible to pass parameters to SQL in an OLE...

bcc help

Comparing queries
Hi, I am using a database storing equipment for rooms where I have two queries set up, one listing original equipment and another listing current equipment for room layouts. The two queries work fine independantly, but I now want to compare differences between these where I need to know: 1 - equipment in both original and current rooms. 2 - equipment in original room now missing from current room. 3 - equipment in current room, not required in original room. Regards, Dave. You did not say anything about the table structure so I will go with what you posted. Use a unio...

Rules Wizard Help