DateTime conversion from Korean

Greetings!

I need to convert a number of time values that look like "1/6/2010 ¿ÀÈÄ
10:28:51" and "1/7/2010 ¿ÀÀü 7:45:00" to DateTime values. Needless to say,
it's not working. I'm pretty sure that the reason is that the "¿ÀÈÄ" and
"¿ÀÀü" are the Korean equivilents of "AM" and "PM". Can anyone tell me which
is which?

Thanks!
Don

Hi
Can you use REPLACE those letters with '' and then convert to date time ?
select cast('1/7/2010 �??? 7:45:00' as datetime)

Msg 241, Level 16, State 1, Line 1

Conversion failed when converting datetime from character string.

select cast(replace('1/7/2010 �??? 7:45:00','�???','')as datetime)

"Don McCullers" <DonMcCullers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Greetings!
>
> I need to convert a number of time values that look like "1/6/2010 �???
> 10:28:51" and "1/7/2010 �??? 7:45:00" to DateTime values. Needless to say,
> it's not working. I'm pretty sure that the reason is that the "�???" and
> "�???" are the Korean equivilents of "AM" and "PM". Can anyone tell me
> which
> is which?
>
> Thanks!
> Don

0
Uri

datetime to datetime offset
We are in the process of upgrading our systems entirely. Making huge changes to the hardware and software. One change is going from SQL Server 2000 to 2008. 2008 has the new datetimeoffset data type, which for us could be a God-send. In reading online however, it seems that the date time is always passed in as a string. Is there no function that allows us to pass in a datetime and an offset or do we actually have to do as I have seen all over the the Internet and convert our dateTime values to a string, then concatonate the offset and pass it in that way? If we DON'T ...

Comparing DateTime ?
i want to compare 2 DateTime. I use mktime and difftime for comparing. If I compare 2 DateTime of same year it works fine but if both dates are from different year , I get a wrong result. any idea ? >i want to compare 2 DateTime. I use mktime and difftime for comparing. > >If I compare 2 DateTime of same year it works fine but if both dates >are from different year , I get a wrong result. Wrong - how? Give us a short code snippet example of what you're doing, the values involved, and the results you're getting. Dave I get the date and time in the format ex : 10:45:4...

unknown xslt function "format-dateTime"
Iam using Beta2 of VS2005 and getting the error "Error 4 'format-dateTime()' is an unknown XSLT function" at the following line: <xsl:value-of select="format-dateTime($pubDate,'[FNn] [D] [MNn] [Y] [h]:[m01] [PN]')" /> how can I get around this? > > Iam using Beta2 of VS2005 and getting the error "Error 4 'format-dateTime()' > > is an unknown XSLT function" at the following line: > > format-dateTime() is XPath2.0/XSLT2.0/XQuery1.0 function. VS2005 only > supports XPath1.0/XSLT 1.0. Use ms:format-date() exten...

xsd restriction on dateTime based on other dateTime
Hi All, i'm trying to define an xml schema for validation with a restriction on dateTime element based on another dateTime Element. in English: end (dateTime) should be greater than or equal to begin (dateTime) Is it possible to define such restrictions in XSD? regards Joris van Lier Joris van Lier wrote: > i'm trying to define an xml schema for validation with a restriction on > dateTime element based on another dateTime Element. > > in English: end (dateTime) should be greater than or equal to begin > (dateTime) > > Is it possible to define such rest...

conversion to '98
Can anybody convert a V8 file so that i can open in '98 Version 8? Don't know that one, however if you send a legitimate Publisher file to me I will convert it for you to Publisher 98. Remove "my" to reply. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "tammy" <trichards@globalmailing.co.uk> wrote in message news:1919201c44c8e$dab1d110$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Can anybody convert a V8 file so that i can open in '98 ...

conversion
Can a Access db be converted to a Excel worksheet? Yes and no. The tables themselves will convert -or be able to be imported. But if the database is made as databases should be, normalization, relations and everything, then it will loose its intelligent database behavior and become just a file full of stupid data. -- HTH. Best wishes Harald Excel MVP Followup to newsgroup only please. "steve saaf" <saaf@sonic.net> wrote in message news:078b01c3716b$4ce26290$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Can a Access db be converted to a Excel worksheet? >-----Original Message----- >Can...

C# DateTime -> XML DateTime
Is there a method available to convert a C# DateTime format to XML DateTime format? Thanks, Guy Have you looked at the XmlConvert class? --Dare -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Guy Dillen" <guy_dillen@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3f5f632e$0$13863$ba620e4c@reader0.news.skynet.be... > Is there a method available to convert a C# DateTime format to XML DateTime > format? > > Thanks, > Guy > > yes i have looked at this lass, but does this also work in the direction C#->XML? "SQ...

Data series conversion
I need to multiply a complete column of data. I don't need to keep to original data only the results. I've been using a new column and then cutting and pasting the data back to it's original position. Is there a method of doing this that will just overwrite the original data without the need for all the cutting and pasting? Many Thanks Hi, Put the multiplier in a call and copy it. Select the colmn to multiply and then Edit|Paste Special Select Multiply and click OK Delete the multiplier. Mike "barney633" wrote: > I need to multiply a complete column of d...

mny file conversion among 2005 versions
I'm currently using Money 2004 SBE. I no longer need to manage my business with MS Money. If I upgrade to Money 2005 Deluxe would it convert my current file created with SBE 2004? Yes, that should not be a problem. You will receive a warning that business functions will not be available after the upgrade, and you won't be able to see things like Accounts Receivable, but otherwise you'll be fine. If you later decide to get a business version, those functions will be available again. -- "Rogelio Garcia de Paredes" <rogadepa@hotmail.com> wrote in messag...

datetime conversion
Hi All, I have a excel report in which I will get timestamp datatype as a string and not datetime,which is not a required field and may be null too. if I pass 20090331221501, can I convert it to 2009-03-31@22:15:01. ? Thanks, Roy =LEFT(A1,4) & "-" & MID(A1,5,2) & "-" & MID(A1,7,2) & "@" & MID(A1,9,2) & ":" & MID(A1,11,2) & ":" & RIGHT(A1,2) -- Gary''s Student - gsnu2007L "Roy" wrote: > Hi All, > > I have a excel report in which I will get timestamp datatype as a > ...

Problems with CString (Conversion from VC6 to VC2005)
Hi all, I have converted a project from VC6.0 to VC2005 (MFC). Now I have a compiling problem. Following error: error C2079: 'myString' uses undefined class 'CString'. CString should now be a template in place of a class. By another project theres is a forward declaration of 'class CString'. I get the following message: error C2371: 'CString' : redefinition; different basic types Thats an indication for the template, but what do I have to do to compile my project again. Regards, Matthias looks like a header file path issue. It seems that when you compi...

Quattro to Excel File Conversion
Is there a conversion utility that will convert Quattro .wb2 files to excel ? The files were created under Quattro v 6 for windows... Running Office 2003 here... any help would be appreciated... thanks... t Conversions Plus, $70 as www.dataviz.com will do this. I have the product. If you have just one or two files, you can email them to me and I will convert and send back. myrna larson <at> charter <dot> net, without any spaces. On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 09:23:02 -0700, "t" <t@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a conversion utility that will convert Q...

File Conversion
I have a MS Word Doc made up of a multi page table. How can I import it into Excel w/o converters? Thanks for the assistance. Dewayne, You may find copy/paste a workable way. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Dewayne" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2a02d01c46606$13acb8a0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have a MS Word Doc made up of a multi page table. How > can I import it into Excel w/o converters? > Thanks for the assistance. ...

PO table names after conversion
I started working here after a Great Plains conversion last fall. They have an Access application which directly links to the tables PO20201, PO20202, PO20301 and PO20302 in the IWS01 database. Where can I get information about what the new file names are and what fields they contain so that I can update the Access link and queries so that it provides the same functionality as before the conversion? I would start by looking at the SDK. This usually contains very helpful information on table additions, deletions and changes between versions. You may also find some information in the...

Excel number to date conversion
In excel how do you convert a number ie. 960730 to the date 30-07-96, excel help is no use and when I try to format it as a date it comes up with may 4025 or something. Try this formula... =RIGHT(A1,2) & "-" & MID(A1,3,2) &"-"&LEFT(A1,2) if A1 contains your date "Neville" wrote: > In excel how do you convert a number ie. 960730 to the date 30-07-96, excel > help is no use and when I try to format it as a date it comes up with may > 4025 or something. =DATE(LEFT(A1,2),MID(A1,3,2),RIGHT(A1,2)) custom format cell to mm-dd-yy Nevill...

xs:dateTime <-> DateTime ?
Hi! I'm reading data from an XML file using the XmlDocument class. Some elements are of type xs:dateTime. Is there a way to convert a xs:dateTime value to a standard DateTime object? Thanks! Jens Jens Weiermann wrote: > I'm reading data from an XML file using the XmlDocument class. Some > elements are of type xs:dateTime. Is there a way to convert a xs:dateTime > value to a standard DateTime object? Look at XmlConvert which has a ToString(DateTime) method to convert a ..NET DateTime to a string complying with xs:dateTime and a method ToDateTime(string) to convert a xs:...

How to Convert Char to Datetime
Hello. I am trying to use DATEDIFF here. DATEDIFF(day, getdate(),CONVERT(varchar, tblMain.dtOpen, 101)) I got the following error: "The conversion of a char data type to a datetime data type resulted in an out-of-range datetime value." It appears that I need to convert "tblMain.dtOpen" into datetime format to calculate DATEDIFF, correct? How can I convert Char to Datetime? Thanks in advance. Justin What is the data type of the column dtOpen. If character data type, then what is the format? You can try: SELECT DATEDIFF(DAY, C...

Access 2000 to 2003 Conversion
Hi, We are about to move to 2003 from 2000. While the Access 2000 file format is compatible with 2003 I wanted to find out if there are reasons we should try and convert all our databases to 2003? Are we going to have any issues if we leave them in the 2000 format and just use them in 2003? Thanks, -- Jonathan Thomas Hampshire County Council The 2002/2003 format is supposed to be faster and more stable than the 2000 format. Microsoft's recommendation is that if everyone is using Access 2002 or 2003 you should use the new format. However, if the 2000 format is working satisfacto...

ADO getting DATETIME type
I tried to get the DATETIME data type from SQL Server using ADO in VC++. The DATETIME value shown in SQLServer is 3/20/2008 2:00:00 AM But when I look at the vtValue object in VC++ debugger it looks something like: tagVARIANT DATE = 39527.083333333336 vt 7 unsigned short DATE 39527.083333333336 double How can I modify the following code to get the correct DATEIMTE? ========================= _variant_t vtValue; vtValue = m_Rec->Fields->GetItem(FieldName)->GetValue(); FieldValue=vtValue.date; ========================= bool Table::Get(char* FieldName,int& FieldValue) ...

CRM DateTime Attribute
Is the following CRM standard DateTime attribute or format? 2007-08-31 04:00:00.000 Thank you in advance for your assistance. Hi Terry, according to http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa613549.aspx, it is not, but 2007-08-31T04:00:00.000 is. Beware of differences between local and UTC times. Hope this helps. -- George Doubinski CRM Certified Professional - Developer "Terry" <Terry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E7D5B23-B0EF-4DB1-9BD3-4B188B8BF668@microsoft.com... > Is the following CRM standard DateTime attribute or format? > > 2007-...

I have Korean Office...I need English (US) Office
LIPs don't seem to provide me with a solution...apparently there is no English LIP!?!?!?!?!? Seriously? That's crazy! I'm in Korea. I bought a Korean computer. It came with Korean Windows. I need English menus and whatnot on my MS Office applications. "abundantmind" <abundantmind@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05F1E6E7-F27A-4C0C-B3D1-D4CEEAED9C0F@microsoft.com... > LIPs don't seem to provide me with a solution...apparently there is no > English LIP!?!?!?!?!? Seriously? That's crazy! > > I'm in Korea. ...

Access 97 to 2000 Conversion Hangs halfway through....
Hi all; I know this one has been posted before, but I have tried resolving the issues covered in those posts with no positive results. I have a database created in Access 97 and I need to convert it to 2000. This database contains tables and relationships only. I noticed in some posts that file links may be causing the problem, I have eliminated all file links / photos etc in the database. I also can't compact and repair the database. When I do this it hangs halfway through as well. I have also tried the JET utility from Microsoft to try and repair it with no results either. Can an...

DateTime Picker
Hi All, I'm using a Date/Time Picker in my Project. How do I get the date from the Date/Time Picker when the user changes the date. I need to know the new date i.e., the date user enters/changes. Thank you. The Control will send it parent window a DTN_DATETIMECHANGE message when user selects a date. It also sends the new date along with the notification. Or you can simply call CDateTimeCtrl::GetTime(); AliR. <rajashekaraj@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1141043375.923450.140400@z34g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Hi All, > > I'm using a Date/Time Picker in my Proj...

Conversion from ANSI to UNICODE errors
Can any body help to figure out why the following code generates the following errors at compile time, and also any suggestions on how to fix it? BACKGROUND INFO --HRESULT AnsiToUnicode(LPCSTR pszA, LPOLESTR* ppszW) <-- Function definition --private: CString m_saveAsFilename; <-- Private variable definition inside class --CString fullpath = GetDocument()->GetPathName(); CODE IN QUESTION -- AnsiToUnicode(m_saveAsFilename,&m_pwBuffer); -- AnsiToUnicode(fullpath,&m_pwBuffer); ERROR MESSAGED FOR BOTH FUNCTION CALLS error C2664: 'AnsiToUnicode' : cannot convert pa...

Conversion of ALPHA
Can ALPHA FIVE be electronically converted to ACCESS 2000? ...