data from sql to pdf form

how can i merge data like customer name, address, etc. from sql to a pdf
form?

thank
sam

0
Sam

Idea #1

Sql Server Reporting Services.

PDF is one export option.

You should supply which version(s) of Sql Server you have.............the
more information you provide, the more exact any tips can be.

"Sam" <focus10@zahav.net.il> wrote in message
> how can i merge data like customer name, address, etc. from sql to a pdf
> form?
>
> thank
> sam

0
sloan
12/24/2009 4:15:17 PM
sql server 2000

"sloan" <sloan@ipass.net> wrote in message

> Idea #1
>
> Sql Server Reporting Services.
>
> PDF is one export option.
>

> You should supply which version(s) of Sql Server you have.............the
> more information you provide, the more exact any tips can be.
>

> "Sam" <focus10@zahav.net.il> wrote in message
>> how can i merge data like customer name, address, etc. from sql to a pdf
>> form?
>>
>> thank
>> sam

0
Sam
12/24/2009 4:23:15 PM
I have used Crystal Reports (the version that comes with Visual Studio is good) to generate PDF files based on reports.

--
Plamen Ratchev
http://www.SQLStudio.com

However, you could also look at SQL Server 2008 Express Advanced Services
which includes Reporting Services and implement that instead.

Jeff

> sql server 2000
>

> "sloan" <sloan@ipass.net> wrote in message
>>

>> Idea #1
>>
>> Sql Server Reporting Services.
>>
>> PDF is one export option.
>>

>> You should supply which version(s) of Sql Server you have.............the
>> more information you provide, the more exact any tips can be.
>>

>> "Sam" <focus10@zahav.net.il> wrote in message
>>> how can i merge data like customer name, address, etc. from sql to a pdf
>>> form?
>>>
>>> thank
>>> sam

0
Jeffrey
12/24/2009 7:38:56 PM
We use Acrobat Pro to add form elements to the PDF, then use a third party
tool like Persits ASPPDF to populate the form elements from the database
recordset.

0
David

Form Search
I am using Access 2003 and have built an application arround tables linked to an Oracle database. When I search the database using various forms and the item that I am looking for is found, the search works fine. However when I look for an item and the item is not found, the database shuts down and I am forced to restart Access. The search proccess works fine directly on the linked tables. Does anyone have an Idea as to what could be causing this problem. -- Ralph ...

horizontal data to vertical data

export public folder data?

storing read only data

Form Dirty Property
I am having difficulty in exploiting the ‘On Dirty’ property of forms. Sometimes it works as expected but, more often than not, changes to controls bound to table fields fail to trigger the On Dirty event. I am then forced to associate each amendable control with an After Update event. That invariably works but, with a dozen or more amendable controls on a form, the resulting code can look pretty clumsy. There is something that I have clearly not understood. Can anyone enlighten me? I just want to take appropriate action when any control on a form is updated or amended. -- Peter ...

sql help required 09-09-10
Dear All Sql 2000 following is DDL and sample data CREATE TABLE #tmp ( Fname VARCHAR(20), lname varchar (10), Status char(1) ) go INSERT INTO #tmp VALUES ('John','Terry',null) INSERT INTO #tmp VALUES ('Richard','John',null) INSERT INTO #tmp VALUES ('Kubali','Tony',null) INSERT INTO #tmp VALUES ('Tony','Greig',null) INSERT INTO #tmp VALUES ('Sunny','Shan',null) INSERT INTO #tmp VALUES ('Tony','Mira',null) i want to add status 'A' to first half of the data...

How to organize data?

Selecting specific data #2
Hi everyone I have another little problem. I have got a list of 20 items on sheet1, Cells A1 - A20 (numbered 1 - 20) and Cells B1 - B20 are items relating to that number, ie, number 1 = Concrete, number 2 = walls, and so on. Now on sheet 2 I have a table, again cell range A1:B20. I would like to know a formula so that when I enter a number in to column A, the corresponding item to that number appears in column B. ie, if I enter number 8 in Cell A1 on sheet 2, then I would like Floor to appear in Cell B1. Does this make sense? -- Thanks in advance for your help Lee Hi Lee Data range i...

Update table from form
I am trying to update a counter table from a form. Instead of updating, a new entry is being created every time and the table end up looking like the following: Salesperson Date Leads 1 4/16/2007 0 1 4/16/2007 1 1 4/16/2007 0 1 4/16/2007 1 The code I'm using is below: RepNum = DLookup("[Rep Number]", "Debt Advisors", "username...

Last Column With Data
How do I check a certain row to find out the last column in the row that has data? Dim myRow as long dim LastCol as long myrow = 1243 with worksheets("SomeSheetnamehere") lastcol = .cells(myrow,.columns.count).end(xltoleft).column end with msgbox LastCol This will break if you've used the last column in that row -- or if you haven't used any cells in that row. Is that a problem? Bishop wrote: > > How do I check a certain row to find out the last column in the row that has > data? -- Dave Peterson This gives a interger...

What was your data migration experience for MS CRM 3.0?
Has anyone used DMF 3.0 to migrate data into CRM using its wizards or stored proceedures? What happened and how did you do it? Andy It's a bit unwieldy, but if you follow the documentation closely and do thorough tests it is a helpful tool. You should be prepared to do some extensive data cleansing and search the newsgroups when you hit a roadblock. -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Andy" wrote: > Has anyone used DMF 3.0 to migrate data into CRM using its wizards or > stored proceedures? > > What happened and how did you do it? >...

data file: how to start its application

Problem Refreshing Contact Form from External .NET App #2
I created a custom ASP.NET app that is launched from the CRM Contact form. It is configured (isv.config) to only be launched while editing an existing contact (not new). My custom app modifies data on the CRM Contact form. It them refreshs the data on the Contact form before the custom form closes. <script>window.opener.location.reload(1);</script> My custom app works fine if I open up an existing contact. If I create a new contact and press the save button (on the contact form) the toolbar button that lauches my app on the contact form is displayed. If I then launch my ...

merging data
I have a master file and 4 workbooks where individuals enter info daily. I need to update the master file workbook at the end of the day with the info from the 4 individual notebooks. How would I merge this data? I tried the "shared workbooks" process but it wouldn't let me do it. Please Help! Since your question is very "general", here's a "general" suggestion: Explore the use of links. Have all WBs open. Right click in a pertinent data cell of one of the 4 WBs, and choose "Copy". Navigate to the appropriate cell in the "Master&quo...

Vertical Data Extraction
Hi, I need to create a chart that is based on changing values. The Values are all stored vertically in a Worksheet called Percentage. The chart sheet contains a selection box where the user can select a specific search and a date and the selected conditions should be searched for and the chart should display results. Basically, when the user selects X in the first list box and Y in the second one, the code should search the Percentage worksheet for all instances of value=x and y and output. column Row Feature1 Feature2 Feature3 2000 0.5 8.3 10 2000 ...

Pie Chart from data
Hi, I am trying to create a pie chart from the below data just to show the percentages of what work orders are maj, med and min. How do I set this up!! Thanks in Advance!!! how can i create a pie char By following the directions within the Chart Wizard. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <9265C290-B0B6-4CAD-B909-5EDFCE7DC415@microsoft.com>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... > how can i create a pie chart > > ...

changing data
Please can someone tell me how to do an automatic change all the way down a column. For example, i have a list of applications throughout a spreasheet as follows Approach, Eurosys, Oscar, Pivot_Pro Pivot_Pro, Oscar, Approach, i need to change exery occurance of Pivot_Pro to Pivot (Dual) how will i do this please help? Hi Press <Ctrl><H> In the find box, type in the existing name, in the change to box, type the new name, click on Change All, and its done -- j.kasselman@atlantic.net.remove_2nd_at. Randburg, Gauteng, South Africa "danzelindistress" wrote: &...

Varying data ranges
Hi, I am preparing a large number of identical reports on Excel fro imported data of varying sizes (e.g. some imported data is 400 row long, some 600, but all have the same number of columns). I hav recorded macros to take the data from its raw form to its complete form in order to releive the repetitive nature of this process, howeve the macro does not take into account the varying sizes of the raw data even when I use the Ctrl+Shft+End command. I am left with a lot o manual 'tidying up' of the reports after the macros have run. I have around 1,800 reports to complete so if ther...

Baffled by missing data on printout
I have a bunch of subforms that the user will fill out from a main form. I then save all that data into a local table, then read it back from a report. The report loads the same subforms which reload the data. All that is working fine on screen, and on print preview. Then, when sent to a printer, all te text boxes are blank! What could *possibly* cause this? I switched printers, used a pdf output printer (save to disk in PDF), and with same results. Any ideas? Rick wrote: > I have a bunch of subforms that the user will fill out from a main > form. I then save all t...

Data Filter
I am running excel 2003. I am needing to copy my out put to another location. I have the options checked : Copy to another location and my list range. However, in the copy to range it is listed " $j$4:$Q$4." I do know that my range is correct but how would I get the output data to be pasted in another locations. Once I click on OK the wrong information is outputted.. Thanks for your adivse. -- Nathan You should be able to select another range for the output. What happened when you tried to change it? Jessica@aol.com wrote: > I am running excel 2003. I am needing to copy ...

Validation in Data/Form
Is there any validation function for user when they input data throught Data/Form which was created default by excel?? Hi have you tried 'Data - Validation'. If this does not work you have to create your own userform >-----Original Message----- >Is there any validation function for user when they input data throught >Data/Form which was created default by excel?? > > >. > Data Validation only affects entries that are typed into a cell. You could try John Walkenbach's Enhanced Data Form. It's a free add-in that allows combo boxes, so it could display...