Compare Data

Hello Everyone,

I have the following problem. I have two different database on the same
server, each one with a dif name of course, except they have the exact same
tables and basically the same data.

In some tables there are a few rows of data that are different from each
other. For example, in the clients table (db1.table1.cl) the numeration
started from 234 to 3734 but in the other database the clients table the
numeration started from 0 to 3500. Note that they are the exact same clients
and the exact amount of clients in each database clients table.

The second database is a new database that I have created so that I can
remove all the errors I had in the first database. Being so, I need to get
the total amount of purchased items (which is one cell in the clients table
that says for example 56,789$00) in the previous client table from the first
db so that I can place in the new clients table on the second db.

The problem is, being that the clients now have different numeration in the
new db from the old db, I need to compare a single cell or two (the
numeration, ID) from one db to the other db and place the amount of
purchased items (the 56,789$00) in the respective client automatically. This
way when I pull up the clients information on the new db, it'll give me the
same amount of purchased items from the old db.

Please help. Thanks in advanced,

Altair

0
Altair

compare
Hello everyone, I have been reading this group for a while, however I am quite a rookie in using of excel. I would appreciate if someone could help with this issue. I quite often have to compare two sheets (from different workbooks-files, but with the same sheet name). Calculations are thus updated time by time and I need to check where were the main differences. Cells contain both values and formulas. I have found through this newsgroup nice add-ins of Myrna Larson and Bill Manville, and Rob Bruce. However I would need the macros to highlight only significant differences (let's say fro...

Compare two files and update data from another file base on words in a cell separated by commas
I have two file with several colomns. I need to compare two Col B fileA Col B of FileB as shown in example. http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AgUVfFOnkiaKdFBiNDFLamcybXdhW... Each col have about 1000 rows. Each row contains thousands of words and phrases separated by Comma. As you can see from example, my data has soo many words and phrases separated by comma in each row of two colomn A and B. ============== i Need to merge data of corresponding row from COLA$FileB TO corresponding row of COLA$FileB Also merge data of corresponding row from COLB$FileB TO correspondin...

Data Markers
Can I change data markers so that it reflects the conditional formatting on that cell? For example if the data in column c is being plotted and the conditional formatting I have on the cells are if column D = "Y" can I have it so that those markers are plotted with a circle marker and the rest with a square marker? Thanks! Hi, Have a look at Jon's page for conditional charts. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html Cheers Andy ivy_gayle wrote: > Can I change data markers so that it reflects the conditional formatting on > that cell? For exampl...

Convert Rows data
Hi there, I have the following sample data: PARTNUMBER QTY RATe PRUN VALID_FROM_VALID_TO ZWR1 0.1095 USD 1 20050512 20050526 XREZ12 0.1095 USD 1 20050527 99991231 is it possible to put this data in the following: 20050512 20050526 20050527 99991231 ZWR1 XREZ12 0.1095 0.1095 USD USD 1 1 So basically make the exis...

Comparing
I have two columns of numbers column A could be up to 3500 rows. Column B may be more or less than 3500 rows. What I'm trying to do is see if any number in columns "B" appears anywhere in Column "A", and if so we can just highlight it in both columns. Actually I would want to be able to sort by highlighted. so maybe add someway to sort by matched or unmatched. I hope this makes sense. In column C put... =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP($A1,$B:$B,1,FALSE)),"Not in B","In B") In column D put... =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP($B1,$A:$A,1,FALSE)),"Not in ...

deleting data, keep formulas
I want to delete the data in a worksheet, but keep the formulas so tha I have a worksheet pattern of formulas that I use frequently -- elviejo4 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- elviejo41's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2356 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39389 Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants, xlNumbers).ClearContents I don't know how large your spreadsheet is, but you could try changin the setting to display Formulas (Tools>Options | View tab, in th Win...

Data Validation Window?
Excel 2000 ... I do not use Validation much, but usually have no problem. I used COPY/PASTE SPECIAL "Validation" to get Validation into other cells ... Issue is ... the Validation Message Window is now opening way off location from the PASTE TO cells. Above said ... if I select each cell & set Validation ... Validation Window appears ajacent to cell where Validation was set (perfect)... However, when I use COPY/PASTE SPECIAL Validation ... the Window is appearing to stay closer to the COPY FROM cell than the PASTE TO cell. How do I fix this ... other than selecting eac...

Counting occurances of same data in different fields
I am creating a conference registration program that allows registrants to select up to three events to participate in. Is there an easy way to count the total number of registations for each event that occurs in the three selection fields? On Mar 16, 2:54 pm, Fred Morris <FredMor...@discussions.microsoft.com>wrote:> I am creating a conference registration program that allows registrants to> select up to three events to participate in. Is there an easy way to count> the total number of registations for each event that occurs in the three> selection fields?I gather you hav...

2 workbooks
I have got 2 workbooks with a list of names. I need to find out if a name appears in both books. One of the workbooks came from a different source and the other one is a report I ran from our database. I need to find out whether the workbook from out of the company has got any of our own names on it. I am using Microsoft Excel 97 and am fairly new at this so please be gentle. One way I did think was to combine the two workbooks into one and find the duplicates but thought there may be another way. Thank you. Hi "queen on", Assume that In book1 the names are in column A, s...

Data Migration Manager Config fails
I'm trying to configure DMM on XP user Admin rights and system admin in CRM. Install went fine. After putting in the url during configuration, I get an error message " Either the user id or business id is not valid or the user or business is not valid." Has anyone encountered this? Have not been able to get past this point. ...

No Data under Reconciliation
Hi All, I am experiencing the strangest of all problems that I have ever come across.We are using GP 8.0. When I attempt to run Financial reconciliation - when I go to Transactions -Financial -Bank Management -Reconciliation and select the ChequeBook id (any for that) I am able to see the : The statement Balance The CashBook Balance The General Ledger Balance But when I click on the Transactions button there is nothing there-No data absolutely nothing. Any ideas guys? -- Noels "The Best thing in life is life" ...

Graff data series
I have a graff for sales. Data series 1 = Budget Data series 2 = Actual I want the value that is shown with data series 2 to be a % of the value of data series 1. ...

Filling in Data
I have several points where I need data. I only have the start and the end values and I want to fill in each of the points between the two. How is that accomplished. Example. Point 1 = 50, Point 10 = 600. I need Points 2-9. 550/9 = the increment to add moving from point 2 to point 9 Jamie wrote: > I have several points where I need data. I only have the start and the end > values and I want to fill in each of the points between the two. How is that > accomplished. > > Example. Point 1 = 50, Point 10 = 600. I need Points 2-9. Hi, Try this and ente...

need Excel formula that figures out which data adds up to total
I have 33 different dollar amounts listed along with their invoice numbers and I need to figure out how many of those amounts add up to a check that I received. For example, I have 33 different rows of numbers in 1 column that add up to 53,545.69. Which rows of numbers add up to that? I received a check for $11,646.54 but do not know which invoices it pays. Is there an Excel formula that can tell me which ones could add up to that total? Thanks for any help, Kerri Google for SOLVER "Kerri" wrote: > I have 33 different dollar amounts listed along with th...

I need to compare to columns and indicate the matches in another
am wanting to compare 2 columns for exact matching. If there are two matching items I want to be able to say "A match" in a chosen cell for all the ones that match. Column C will be retrived in an random order... so how would I write the formula for that????? Example: A B C 45time 11tune A match 11tune 89time 47doog 43jkjkj A match 123ABC 123ABC If possible include how to highlight the ones that make as another option. Thanks Try something like this: For a value list in B1:B5 and a ...

DATA HIDING
I WANT TO HIDE DATA IN A SINGLE CELL Format the cell with protection of Hidden, and then protect the worksheet. "REDSHARK" wrote: > I WANT TO HIDE DATA IN A SINGLE CELL ...

Chart does NOT show data entered for the values represented
I continue to find a problem in excel 2007 that was not present in 2003. I will input 2or more columns and rows of data to create a chart, then create the chart; but IF MORE THAN ONE data path is selected to be charted, the other data paths are charted incorrectly. They do not reflect the values in the cells! Obviously then, my charts are wrong and I can't rely on them for analysis. Please respond if this has happened to you and you know how to correct for this. I am very frustrated. -- Judi Hi Judi, Data Path? what is this, are your charts refering to other workbooks? Why ...

Advice on comparing data sets
Hi, Can anyone advise on how I can compare data on 1 sheet with dat compared on another. Example attached. I want to be able to show that whenever the UK is shown (can appea multiple times) on this sheet it checks on sheet2 and enter th corresponding band value in this case for the UK (show in cells B6, B8 will show band A SHEET1 Ref Country Band 1 UK 2 Germany 3 UK 4 France 5 Italy SHEET2 Country Band UK A GERMANY B ITALY B FRANCE D SWEDEN D DENMARK E As always thanks for your help. Simo +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: ...

Excel OLE data in PPT reverting to OLD data after macro updation
Hi, Im cross-posting/multi-posting this in the hope that I could get a solution. I am facing a very strange problem (both in Office 2002 and 2003) with Excel OLE charts in PPT. (Im programming with excel as base) I am using code zilched from Jon P's site in order to copy data from an excel sheet and activate a PPT application (and Slide) and an Excel OLE object within the slide and then updating the data in it and then saving this template with a NEW NAME. Im using this method to update a single slide template tons of time and each time saving it with different (but well-defined) ...

Importing Data
I have two users who have just had email accounts set up and will be accessing mail exclusively through OWA. Both would like to import existing data from their old accounts into OWA. Is this possible and, if it is, can anyone tell me how to do it? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. "NOBI" <NOBI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have two users who have just had email accounts set up and will be >accessing mail exclusively through OWA. Both would like to import existing >data from their old accounts into OWA. Is this possible and, if it is, can >anyone...

Help with organizing data
I was given data in the following format: 00 10 20 30 40 50 0 25 30 41 43 36 38 1 40 56 52 38 35 20 2 25 19 38 44 46 50 3 52 58 48 56 50 48 Is there an easy way to convert it to the following format: 0:00 25 0:10 30 0:20 41 0:30 43 0:40 36 0:50 38 1:00 40 1:10 56, etc. Any suggestions would be apprecated. Assume data is in G1 to M25 go to an open area C1? insert "0" and copy down to C6 in C7 enter =C1+1 copy down til you hav...

Linking a Visio shape to an Excel data cell
I am more than new to Visio. I am making timelines that will show various stages of a product. I have created cylindrical timelines, and I can import my Excel data. Is there a way for me to link various cells types (Beta 1, Beta 2) to Visio shapes so that instead of a date the shape will be shown on the timeline? That is, can I configure Visio so that every Beta 1 automatically displays as a timeline square and every Beta 1 automatically displays as a timeline diamond? (And if so, how?) Thanks~ -- Billie First of all shapes are positioned horizontally on the timeline by date, so it...

Batch loading Timesheets data from Excel files to EPM
Dear all, I had a request from one of our clients' regarding the batch loading of Timesheet Data from Excel files to EPM. I investigated the request and my conclusion is that this can be done using SQL Integration Services (via a DTS). My questions are the following: 1. Is it enough to batch load data on the following tables (of Published database) ? MSP_TIMESHEET_ACTUALS MSP_TIMESHEET_LINES MSP_TIMESHEETS 2. How can I batch create the UID (identifiers)? Is there a specific Stored Procedure for that? I'll appreciate any answer on that. Best regards, Kons...

Interactive Excel Web Page save updated data
I have created an interactive excel spreadsheet and saved and published as an html file. I am able to export the entire page to a new spreadsheet in excel Here is the problem. I am trying to have data entered at work saved so I can simply import the updated data to my spreadsheet at home. The data entered in the web page is not saved and needs to be exported when it is entered. Is there anyway to have the updated html file saved as new data is entered? Thanks ...

compare side by side
Using WindowsXP-Media Edition with Service Pack 2 and Office 2003. When I choose the "compare side by side" option, my two workbooks appear one above the other rather than side by side. Am I missing something?? >>Am I missing something?? I commented on that to MS during the beta test. They ignored me! -- Jim "BK" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:%233jhCdasHHA.1216@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... | Using WindowsXP-Media Edition with Service Pack 2 and Office 2003. | | When I choose the "compare side by side" option, my two workbooks appear ...