Check if a row is empty

I have a table that can contain emtpy rows. Row is considered empty
when all the columns (except the primary) are NULLs. Is there a
function in Sql Server to test if a row is empty?
0
sChapman

On Jun 17, 2:42=A0pm, sChapman <sumant...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> I have a table that can contain emtpy rows. Row is considered empty
> when all the columns (except the primary) are NULLs. Is there a
> function in Sql Server to test if a row is empty?

select * from tables
where col1 is null
and col2 is null
and col3 is null..... so on

Amish Shah
http://shahamishm.blogspot.com
0
amish
6/17/2010 10:10:31 AM
Perhaps CASE Expression
SELECT CASE WHEN col IS NULL THEN 'empty' END col
FROM tbl

"sChapman" <sumanthcp@googlemail.com> wrote in message
>I have a table that can contain emtpy rows. Row is considered empty
> when all the columns (except the primary) are NULLs. Is there a
> function in Sql Server to test if a row is empty?

0
Uri
6/17/2010 1:03:07 PM
>>  Is there a function in SQL Server to test if a row is empty? <<

No, you have to test column by column. However, such a table is
usually a sign of really bad design. It is almost always better to
have DEFAULT clauses and to use the little-known "INSERT INTO..
DEFAULT VALUES;" when appropriate.

0
CELKO

merge MSN Bill Pay & Checking Acct

Authorizing checks with RMS

adding in a row
Is there a way to add the last three none blank cells in a row. I want to have 12 cells in a row some will have numbers and some wil not. Just want the last three added as I add more data in the column from left to right ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com > Is there a way to add the last three none blank cells in a row. I typed this pretty much verbatim into Google & found this from Peo - =SUM(IV1:INDEX(1:1,LARGE(COLUMN(1:1)*(1:1<>"")...

How do I create Check list

Outlook keeps trying to send message from empty outbox
I was uploading a message with a file that I thought was below the max file size for my ISP and I got a message that the message was too big (6Meg). Now every time I send and recieve, Outlook tries to send a (the same?) message even when the outbox appears empty (the send receive details dialog shows one more message than is shown in the outbox) and then I get the same message after a few minutes. I have run scanpst and chkdsk repeatedly with no effect. Thanks!!!!! Create a new .pst file and make it the default. Then, go into your old .pst file and delete it from the outgoing folde...

Manually add rows. Problem with AllowUserToAddRows
Hello. I want that only manually I can add rows to DataGridView. (But only in code). What I do, is : AllowUserToAddRows = false with most of the times. When I click to add rows, I do : Dim dr as datarow Dim dc As DataGridViewCell AllowUserToAddRows dr = MyDataTable.newRow() dc = Rows(Rows.Count - 1).Cells(0) CurrentCell = dc CurrentRow.Selected = True .... And at last I do : AllowUserToAddRows = False (If I not, I see that there is new empty row. I don't want to see an empty row, without doing new). But I get an exception : AllowUserToAddRows = ...

Printing Checks

Row limitation
Some time ago I recall there being an Excel row limitation, that was increased to around 2,000,000 rows. What is the current row limit and what versionof Excel did it occur? What was the prior limit (was there ever anything around 60,000 rows)? Previous 256 columns and 65536 rows, current (Excel 2007) over 1 million rows and 16000 columns mind you that it has a totally new interface -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "JimP" <jpockmire@houston.rr.com> wrote in message news:46d8819c$0$15386$4c368faf@roadrunner.com... > Some time ago I recall there being an Excel row ...

Employee Check Format-Graphical

Check Names = "Exchange Server computer is busy..."
Here's what I got: Active Directory on Server 2003 1 Domain Controller also running DNS and WINS No other DNS or WINS servers (I know, I know) Static IP Addresses...NO DHCP Exchange Server 2003 on a member server Client running W2K SP4 Outlook 2000 SP3 Exchange has 4 mailboxes set, but nobody is using it. I'm still testing things out. When I try to connect to Exchange via my Outlook 2000, I get the following message: "The function cannot be performed because the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is busy. Try again later" I've tried it from 3 different client comp...

Printing MICR checks
Hello, We are having an issue printing checks on the Select Payables Checks window. When we try to print the checks we receive the error message below: "Warning: You have MICR but are not in a MICR screen. To use MICR, abort this screen and set up security access." The user has access to this screen but I'm not sure what this error message means. There was nothing related to this in the Knowledge Base either. Has anyone else received this error message before and if so how did/do you resolve it? Thanks! The user has the third party mekorma check writing module ...

Cannot remove drop-down list from top row
Hi, I have inherrited an Excel spreadsheet and my office package has recently been upgraded to Office 2003. For some reason, even after I turn off the auto-filters certain columns retain their drop-down boxes and I can't get rid of them. When I click on the drop downs nothing happens, so they don't work or seem to do anything. It is only a cosmetic problem but it is driving me nuts!! Please can someone help me with this. I can't find an answer anywhere. TIA Kenny Just something to try... Try selecting a different range and applying data|filter|autofilter there. Ma...

Outlook insists sending a message even when outbox is empty
Receiving error message "Can not send ...(0x800CCC0D)" but the outbox is EMPTY! I have several email accounts and reading them all but sending out only thru one account. I suspect that there is an internal message trying to acknowledge that I have read a message. How can I delete it? kajtzu60 <kajtzu60@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Receiving error message "Can not send ...(0x800CCC0D)" but the outbox > is EMPTY! I have several email accounts and reading them all but > sending out only thru one account. I suspect that there is an > internal messa...

How do i sort items using two rows per item in Excel?
Sorting single rows is simple, but is it possible to sort items that contain information in two rows so that both rows stay together? How? You will need a helper column that contains information to tie the two rows together in their proper relationship, such as Xxxxxx001, Xxxxxx002, etc etc with the "x"'s being your primary sort data...........then when you sort on that column things will be together. Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "primus4000" <primus4000@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2BF7F60C-68C5-4778-94BA-2659480D40DB@microsoft.com... >...

Defining a block of consecutive rows in a datatable
I've got a large set of time-series data which is organised _strictly_ in time sequence and contained in a (VB2005) datatable. I want to iterate through this data to extract various hourly means, which means identifying blocks of consecutive rows and computing hourly aggregate functions (mean, SD etc). I do have this working but by progressively working through the table from top to bottom, identifying a block of rows with the same hour value, copying this block of rows to a separate scratchpad datatable and using various datatable.compute aggregate functions on all of the row...

Check off boxes
Publisher 2003 in use. I am creating a questionnaire that will be included in a newsletter. I am using the publisher software to make this form. Somewhere, in the past, I saw a keyboard shortcut to inset checkoff boxes, however, I cannot remember the key strokes. Any help along this line will be greatly appreciated. Thank you and enjoy your day. Mike Mike Reshetar wrote: > Somewhere, in the past, I saw a keyboard shortcut to inset checkoff boxes, > however, I cannot remember the key strokes. Use Wingdings and the � or q characters. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher h...

finding and then moving entire row to new sheet based on cell value
I have a sheet with several thousand rows that looks something like this: name address city search-term I want to be able to "search" the search-term column for a key word and then move entire row to a new sheet There are several examples here I have tried none seem to do above! Thanks for any guidance. Dave EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Using COM-Callable Wrappers to Extend Visual Basic 6.0 http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/bba810dd-6e59-4603-8bd9-accc915af876/using-comcallable-wrappe.aspx > I have a sheet with several thousa...

check check check
afpoiadshfpaosid It is a feature, not a bug -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

spam properties check
When I receive a suspecious email (spam), I right click, without opening the message, to check the properties to make sure it is spam before I forward to the "missed spam" software of my ISP. Some spam emails then ask me if "I want to save the changes" before I close the properties box. I am then not able to forward this email without replying yes to "save the changes?" I did not make any changes, I just checked the properties. Why is this happening? ...

tristate check box #2
I have a tristate check box.The default behavour of tristate check box in windows is that, the grayed check box will become unchecked after click on grayed check box. But i want , the grayed check box will become checked after click on grayed check box in VC++ .Pls help me its urgent. Well, for Win32, you can always SendMessage the button a BM_GETSTATE. I'm sure with MFC there's a function that will permit this; it could be as simple as button_name.GetState(). Well, for the event OnClick for that button, you can get the state of the button and then either run it through some if-...

Unable to link excel rows in a Word document
When trying to link a worksheet to a Word document, Excel only gives me 10 of the 15 rows in the worksheet. I'm using the insert, object commands in Word. (Or should this be a Word post?) Thanks, Terri Hi Terri personally i would copy the 15 rows in excel, switch to word & use edit / paste special - paste link & click OK .. never had a problem with this method. Cheers JulieD "Terri" <Terri.Deviley@gapac.com> wrote in message news:2010201c4586c$c4cb0c10$a001280a@phx.gbl... > When trying to link a worksheet to a Word document, Excel > only gives me 10 o...

How to find selected row?
I went through all properties searching for Selected or ActiveRow but I cannot find it. Jack Hello Jack, How exactly would you like this information? If you're talking about while looking at the worksheet, take a look directly left of the formula bar in the Name box. There you'll see the active cell's address. If you're talking VBA, then you can use Activecell.row, Activecell.column or Activecell.Address. Remember the first two will give you numeric returns while the last example will be a string (address). Hope this is what you're referring to, you were not...