Backup

I have DataBase in SqlServer 2008.I Had taken database backup in full
mode Around 10 days before.
After that i ddi not take any other type of back.At the time of backup
one table has around 1000 records.Now
Accidentally Row has been deleted Now It has No Data.Before deletion
now it has Around 3000 Records
Is Their is Any Way to recover those deleted Rows From Full back Up
0
sam

Has the database been in full recovery model all the time since the full
backup was taken?

--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp

"sam" <sumesh.jangra2009@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I have DataBase in SqlServer 2008.I Had taken database backup in full
> mode Around 10 days before.
> After that i ddi not take any other type of back.At the time of backup
> one table has around 1000 records.Now
> Accidentally Row has been deleted Now It has No Data.Before deletion
> now it has Around 3000 Records
> Is Their is Any Way to recover those deleted Rows From Full back Up

0
Tibor
4/13/2010 10:40:59 AM
sam
if you restore the database from 10 dyas ago you will get the table with
1000 rows. However , in order to retore a database at point if time  you
would have done a backup of log file...which as I understood  you did not.

"sam" <sumesh.jangra2009@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have DataBase in SqlServer 2008.I Had taken database backup in full
> mode Around 10 days before.
> After that i ddi not take any other type of back.At the time of backup
> one table has around 1000 records.Now
> Accidentally Row has been deleted Now It has No Data.Before deletion
> now it has Around 3000 Records
> Is Their is Any Way to recover those deleted Rows From Full back Up

0
Uri
4/13/2010 10:46:33 AM
On Tue, 13 Apr 2010 03:26:12 -0700 (PDT), sam wrote:

>I have DataBase in SqlServer 2008.I Had taken database backup in full
>mode Around 10 days before.
>After that i ddi not take any other type of back.At the time of backup
>one table has around 1000 records.Now
>Accidentally Row has been deleted Now It has No Data.Before deletion
>now it has Around 3000 Records
>Is Their is Any Way to recover those deleted Rows From Full back Up

Hi Sam,

In addition to the replies by Tibor and Uri - if you want to restore
some or all of the rows from that specific table without affecting other
tables, you can create a new database, restore the backup to that
database, then use T-SQL statements to copy the missing rows from that
new database to your "real" database.

After that, read up on backup and restore strategies and make sure you
understand both the full and the simple recovery model.

--
Hugo Kornelis, SQL Server MVP
My SQL Server blog: http://sqlblog.com/blogs/hugo_kornelis

.pst Outlook Backup Add-In
I installed the .pst backup Add-In into Outlook 2003 and it works fine on my profile on my WindowsXP Pro system. However when another user of the machine logs in and opens Outlook 2003 the Backup selection isn't in the File menu. Any suggestions or ideas as to why this is happening? When I try to install it in the other profiles on the system it tells me that the Add-In is already installed. ...

Outlook Calender Backup
Thought I had lost my calendar and it made me think: How can I back up my Calendar and Contacts? If I export to a csv file would I be able to import them after an Outlook re-install? Is there a better way? Don Don, There is a better way. You can backup your entire mailbox to an Outlook PST file. Here are a few KB that discuss this. 196492 OL2000: (IMO) How to Back Up, Restore, or Move Outlook Data http://support.microsoft.com/?id=196492 195719 OL2000: (CW) How to Back Up, Restore, or Move Outlook Data http://support.microsoft.com/?id=195719 287070 OL2002: How to Back Up, Restore, o...

Restoring backup from different Passport
While my old computer was dying, I backed up the old Money file (2004) to CD. I got a new computer, downloaded, and was charged for, 2006 Standard. I was able to restore the backup, but I keep getting the opening message that I have the Web Trial version, which will expire in 90 days. I've worked with Support document KB889930, and nothing's worked short of removing and reinstalling the program. I'd like to avoid doing that on my own (KB895866); it involves going into Windows Registry, which I hear shouldn't be done without good knowledge. I think the problem is tha...

Backup .pst files #2
Hi, I have around 20 users running Outlook 2000 all with their own .pst files held locally on either PCs or laptops. I would like to move these .pst files to a central server so that they are backed up every night. The problem with this is that if the server goes down or a laptop is moved off site, they don't see their email untill they are reconnected to the server. Is there a way to have their .pst file on the server and held locally and any changes are made to both copies. Also, if a user goes off site and sends/receives new email, can these changes to their local .pst file be replica...

Money 2005 Backup Options
Does anyone know if Money 2005 Standard allows for backup to CD as a selection option? Someone knows. Given how many people ask about this, it seems highly probable they'd be bragging about it if they did add a CD burning engine to Money. They haven't anywhere I've read. CDs aren't general purpose writable file systems and there is a lot of reasonably specialized software required to make them so. Some of this software has the added problem of dealing with the many slightly different optical drives out there. Unless Money05 takes that on itself, it will continue the p...

Exchange backup #2
I'm a rookie to Exchange admin so please excuse the question if it seems ridiculous... I'm not confident in my tape backup and even less confident that my existing Exchange server will continue running past tomorrow (new server coming!). I want to perform an additional "backup" of my Exchange data to a second server. I do this by manually stoping the Exchange services and copying the DSAData, MDBData (which contains priv.edb and pub.edb) and the MTAData directories to the second server, then restart the services. If my Exchange server dies and my tape fails can I ...

AD Backup Policy Question
I understand - and do backup - the backup process for a domain controller but have some questions about what others do. I'm trying to make sure I'm doing what needs to be done when I need to recover. 1. We use IBM Tivoli as our Enterprise backup solution and it does a System state backup on Windows. Comparing what Tivoli says they do with the Technet and MSDN articles it does the same thing. However, I've seen articles recommending that you use NTBackup to backup the system state and then back up the resulting backup file. Is this necessary or will Tivoli be a...

Money 2006 backup to floppy disk
We upgraded from money 2004 to 2006. In 2004 we were also able to backup to our disk over and over without any problems. In 2006, when we try to reuse the floppy disk, it says not enough free space on this disk. We previously never had this problem. Is there something in 2006 that prevents reusage of the floppy. I do not like having to format the disk every time i want to back the program up. thank you. Basically, it's broken. As was M05. You can just delete the files. When M06 asks for a floppy, put the diskette in the drive, open a Windows Explorer window, point it at the diskette...

Backup File Password???
Trying to restore my backup file results in a password dialog box...none of my passwords are correct...I'm locked out of my backup!!!! Please help. Chuck Did you reinstall the application or move the file to a different machine with a new/different installation of the application? "Chuck Montana" <montanaci@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1414a01c444af$a3504990$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Trying to restore my backup file results in a password > dialog box...none of my passwords are correct...I'm > locked out of my backup!!!! Please help. > Chuck Yes I did....

Restoring a Backup
We need to restore fixed asset data from our year end backup, but don't want to restore any of the other modules. Is this possible? We've been told we have to restore everything if we restore anything at all, but that doesn't seem like a very worthwhile backup then to me if you can't do a selective restore. Any ideas? Thanks. Hi Create a another great plains test company within Dyn Utilis, once completed, restore the live backup data to the new test company (presuming you are running GP on SQL). You should be able to view the FA data, and DTS the FA data to the...

archives vs. backups
Are there differences (e.g., file size, accessibility) between an archive file and a backup file? My reason for asking: I neglected to do my 2005 archive until AFTER I drastically shuffled many months of data entries in order to work around two Money bugs ("phantom bills" and also one that prevents changing a scheduled paycheck deposit because some investment balance would go negative), so my 2005 archive doesn't reflect much reality. I do, however, have a backup I'd made 12/31/05. To have an electronic record of last year's Money activity, should I go so far as...

Two DC's acting as Backup DC, how to enable one of them as Primary DC
Hello Everyone, I inherited a network that has two domain controllers acting as backup domain controllers. How can I promote one of them to act as a primary domain controller. I noticed when opening Active Directory Users and Computer > Right clicked on the domain > Operations Masters > RID, PDC, etc. display "Error". Any help or direction is appreciated! Thanks! Hello J. Forti, If i understand you correct, 2 DCs are existing and none of them is listed as FSMO role holder. Please check this with "netdom query fsmo" in a command prompt. If ...

mailbox backup #2
Hello, It is better to backup each mailbox, or the mailbox store? Using verita 9.0 on e2k w2k server sp4. Right now I'm doing both, but if a user leaves and the backup fails because I can not deselect them when I am backing up the entire store. TIA Eric On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 10:08:46 -0700, Eric K <EricK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >It is better to backup each mailbox, or the mailbox store? Using verita 9.0 >on e2k w2k server sp4. >Right now I'm doing both, but if a user leaves and the backup fails because >I can not deselect them when I am...

exchg 2000 trans logs not deleting/backup errors
I have come across an Exchange 2000 server which is not deleting the transaction logs, 35GB of them to this point. The priv.edb is 13GB and priv.stm is another 11GB. In Exchange Sys Mgr on the server the option to Remove Log Files is checked and set to 3 days. Additionally, their McAfee antiviurs was set to scan the Exchange dir. structure. I changed the antivirus settings to cxclude Exchange. Their backup is failing with the errors listed below. Due to the fact, the backup is failing, I am wondering if the archive flags on the transaction log are preventing their deletion. I am ...

Money Backup File
When I make a backup file on my laptop in Money 2001 and try to open it in my PC, I get a screen asking for a password. What password? If I type in my laptop Money 2001 password I get a screen that says incorrect password. I cannot open my backup Money backup file in my PC. HELP!! Walter, sorry to say but it is Money 2001 in both machines. Also both have Window XP ...

DPM 2010 does not backup files
Hello, I'm getting the following error during synchronization: Number of files skipped for synchronization due to errors has exceeded the maximum allowed limit of 100 files on this data source (ID 32538 Details: Internal error code: 0x809909FE) Recommended action: Review the failure errors for individual files from the log file \\?\Volume{05c85ed5-3747-11df-9b4b-00237da11b66}\F6DFC139-C3B4-468A-BFE3-CA353B28D7C6\FailedFilesLog.txt and take appropriate action. If some files fail consistently, you can exclude the folders containing these files by modifying the protection group or moving the...

Restoring backup/corrupt
I have Money 2004 on my home computer and also one at work.When I update my checkbook I then make a backup onto 3 floppy disk and restore it to the other computer so they both always have the same info.Since I upgraded to Money 2004 I can't restore my work.I am getting a corrupt message when I get to the third disk.I beleive it says file not there or corrupt. It is impossible to get phone help.Can someone help?You can email me directly. Thanks,Jamie In microsoft.public.money, Jamie Sacco wrote: >I have Money 2004 on my home computer and also one at >work.When I update my ch...

Automated Backup to Remote Server
Hi all ~ I've been able to use the command line listed below to automate a backup. One snag - I'm trying to backup to an alternate server. In my case, my servers are grab-02 (database node) and grab-01 (location of desired backup). I do have shared folders for both folders. How can I use this command to backup from grab-02 to grab-01 using the following command? What would be the fully quanlified path for the shared docs folder on grab-01? C:\Documents and Settings\GB>osql -U sa -P password -S grab-02 -Q "BACKUP DATABASE gb_production TO DISK = 'c:\database_backup&#...

Restore from backup Vista 32bit
If I need to do a restore from backup, how do I do it? Vista 32bit backup is not a disc image backup (like Vista64), rather backs up select files. I have read the Vista help and it is extremely lacking in answering obvious questions. The obvious question I cannot find the answer in vista help, doing a restore from a backup, do I install all my software first and then restore the back-up files or do I do it vise versa? People have pointed me to Vista64 help sites for answers to my questions. I am sure they have good information but, if I understand it correctly, the backup ...

Backup of Applications[SQL/Exchange] inside the VM
Another related question I had was when reading the DPM tech reports, it was explained that DPM supports two mode of Hyper-V guest backups, 1. Complete VM backup using the VSS Hyper-V Writer in the parent and using IC VSS requestor in the guest, 2. Backup Individual applications[exchange/sql] in side the VM running on VHDs. For the second case does the DPM installs some agent in the guest VM to do this? Or it’s done via VSS Requestor in the IC? Thanks, Vineeth For the second one DPM installs the agent on the VM guest machine. It is treated as an individual machine ...

VSS and Snapshots/Clones log purging and mixing backup types
I would really appreciate if anyone could answer the following questions for me as we are looking into the use of iSCSI block storage and snapshot technology: 1. Is a snapshot capable of being rolled forward in the event of a DB failure/corruption to provide a no-loss restore in the event of DB corruption? 2. Can a snapshot be mounted into an RSG? 3. Can agent based conventional backups be mixed with VSS backups? 4. If snapshotting is used how are log files purged? 5. As snapshots are deltas are backed up clones required in order to protect from disk failures? The original data needs to b...

Money 2005 backup file default name/location??
My Harddrive just crashed but I can access the C: in DOS What is the default directories and file names where Money 2005 stores backup data (ie...each time I close the application)? I would like to copy this information an install it on my new PC (along with Money 2005). Thanks much In microsoft.public.money, GMcElroy wrote: >My Harddrive just crashed but I can access the C: in DOS > >What is the default directories and file names where Money 2005 stores >backup data (ie...each time I close the application)? It can be set, but would probably be My Documents if you had take...

Full SYstem Backup
I a not very computer savvy so I need some help. How do I back up my entire system? I have a new computer because the one I am using is on its last legs and I need to back up quite a bit( I have a business). Do I have to go thru each individual folder or is there an easier way? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Go to www.cmsproducts.com . You can get all your answers there. "Just Trufles" <JustTrufles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F20AA2F-B419-4538-B79D-A2BF85CD6F0A@microsoft.com... >I a not very computer savvy so I need some help. How do I...

Backup with Outlook 2000
I run Outlook 2000 under XP-Home, SP2. For a long time I've used the Backup utility from M.S. and it has worked well. Recently, it has stopped working automatically. Even thought I have it set to backup every 5 days, it will only work if I manually go into the utility and tell it I want to "Save Backup." Any ideas on why this would stop? I've reinstalled. Changes made are installing SP2, and also installing Avast! anti-virus which has an Outlook plug in that runs. Could this AV plug-in be the problem? Thanks in advance for help. Michael <mjwsjw@gmail.com> ...

Complete Outlook 2003 backup....
Can anyone point me in the direction of a explanatory step by step guide to the magic of an complete Outlook 2003 backup? I know how to back up the PST-file(s), but what about rules and self-made forms and formfields? And Outlook Today, and more.......if it is....... -- Regards Zadig Galbaras A Perturbed Norwegian Agnostic For complete backup information, please see this page: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm >-----Original Message----- >Can anyone point me in the direction of a explanatory step by step guide to >the magic of an complete Outlook 2003 backup? >I ...