Backup - Restore MS SQL

Easiest and Step by Step procedure to create backup and restore MS SQL
using Enterprise Manager

http://www.ezdia.com/Backup_and_Restore_MS_SQL/Content.do?id=1047
0
Additya

Backup
When I try to make a backup from withing Great Plains, I am getting the message: Unhandled Script Exception Script '[693]()' not found Exception_Class_Script_Missing Script_CMD_Userfunc I cannot find anything in the Knowledge Base to help me resolve this. Can anyone help me? Thanks! >-----Original Message----- >When I try to make a backup from withing Great Plains, I >am getting the message: > >Unhandled Script Exception >Script '[693]()' not found >Exception_Class_Script_Missing >Script_CMD_Userfunc > >I cannot find anything in the Knowle...

pst file backup program(pfbackup.exe) installation problem.
Trying to instal the above, but getting errors. 1. "Setup has detected that you already have a version of pfbackup installed on this machine. ....must uninstall.... Answer YES to next qurstion. Click OK. 2. Are you sure you want to uninstall? YES 3. This action is only valid for products that are installed. YES 4. Please uninstall previous versions of PFbackup using the Add/Remove Programs Control Panel. OK No matter how hard I look, it isn't there. Also tried looking under different (administrator) logon accounts. Any ideas? Is there a .dll file somewhere? Sugge...

Group Policy Backup
Is there a way that a Group Policy Object can be backed up on a Server Core machine? Like we do using GPMC in a full dc. Using Powershell? Howdie! Am 01.07.2010 15:50, schrieb Venkat: > Is there a way that a Group Policy Object can be backed up on a Server Core > machine? Like we do using GPMC in a full dc. Using Powershell? GPMC delivers Scripts you can use to back them up. You can also download them seperately: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=38c1a89b-a6d2-4f2a-a944-9236999aee65&displaylang=en There should be plenty of scripting that...

how to convert database written in Turkish MS Access to English MS Access
Hi, Our head office in Turkey has designed database (Access 2003) (all queries, search forms, reports, background calculations etc. in Turkish). They sent the files over. We do not have Turkish version of Office here. Only English version (Access 2003). And we have to use the same data and structure with English interface. Is there any way to convert that database into English one with all of its details? A quick help is very much appreciated Thanx Hakan Hi, if you're talking about the code and structures, I don't see why a database made in a Turkish version wouldn't...

OWA 2003 MS Internet Explorer
A change has been made to our OWA. The new OWA forms appear correctly in Internet Exporer on PC's outside our network. The old OWA forms are showing up on PC's in our office network. I suspect the in-house system units are not receiving the new OWA forms but working off of oder cached forms. Can someone tell me if this is correct and how do you force a IE's OWA forms refresh? Thanks in advance! -- NC Beach Bum Have you tried clearing the IE cache? -- Ed Crowley Celebrating a decade of Exchange peer support "NC Beach Bum" <NCBeachBum@discussions....

CHECKDB loop SQL 2008
On my SQL 2008 SP1 server it seems there is a loop of events for 3 of the databases existing on this server. On the Windows Application event log there are intermitently logged events 17137 Starting up database 'db' and then 17573 CHECKDB for database 'db' finished without errors on yyyy-mm-dd 07:13:53.453 (local time). This is an informational message only; no user action is required. The date is from a previous maintenance plan. These avents are logged every 20-30 minutes. Same events on SQL logs, too. Sounds like those databases may have Auto Close tur...

Does Outlook's Auto Archive Always APPEND TO or OVERWRITE a Previous Backup?
I ask because in another thread it was stated that auto-archive always appends, but lots of advice on multiple sites caution the user that it always over-writes. If it always appends, then I can use it. If it always overwrites, I can't. I think this is a very important distinction for the user and thus we should know one way or the other which is true append or over-write. Thanks. Yes, it always appends, because it is adding individual items to the = folders in the archive .pst file, not overwriting that file.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programmi...

MS Office Picture Manager
Help! I am running XP and MS Office 2003. I have a new problem - whenever I try to open jpg files that were sent to me in an Outlook Email, I cannot open them by clicking on the attached jpg file. I know the file is okay, because if I save the jpg that gets emailed to me, then open it elsewhere (say, from my desktop or from my documents) it works fine then....but whenever I try to open that same file straight from an email that was received....I get the following error message: "MS Office Picture Manager has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the...

MS Outlook
I am tearing my hair out trying to fix this error message when I click a link in Outlook This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." I am o the administrator, but I cannot find a way to correct this. I have tried all the suggestions posted so far, none of them are working. Any more ideas please? "Cath" <Cath@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:626948A7-9D15-489F-8925-E78EB0A112EC@microsoft.com... > I am tearing my hair out trying to fix this error message wh...

prefix for invoice numbers on MS Money Plus 07
HBow to set a prefix for the invoice number generated by MS Money Plus 07 invoices? i.e instead of Invoice #1, I want to generate Invoice FY0708-1 How to do that? -- Regards CyberJeff =?Utf-8?B?Y3liZXJqZWZm?= <cyberjeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on 20 Mar 2008 in group microsoft.public.money: > HBow to set a prefix for the invoice number generated by MS Money > Plus 07 invoices? > i.e instead of Invoice #1, I want to generate Invoice FY0708-1 > How to do that? Sorry, but that's not an option. You're stuck with what Money gives you. -- Steve B. New Life ...

backup to a file?
hi, can I backup my exchange 2003 to a file (instead of backing up to a tape drive)?. I will then copy the file to elsewhere. Our exchange server is in a different (distant)location and for some reason the tape drive is not workng. So until that gets resolved, I need to have some other way.(temporarily) I am referring to the 'file' destination option in windows backup. Is this possible and also, will doing this cause any issues while restoring?(if needed) thanks!!! Yes. Just specify a path and ntbackup will create you a bkf file which you can copy whereever. -- Thanks, Bria...

Great Plains Backup
Is it possible to schedule a GP backup? If yes how can this be done? You can schedule backups for system and company databases to occur on the days and the times that you specify. Only a system administrator can open the Schedule Backup window to schedule database backups. To schedule a database backup: 1. Open the Schedule Backup window. (File >> Backup >> Schedule button) 2. Enter a name for the schedule. 3. Select the company to back up. The path where the database will be backed up is displayed. You can modify the path, as needed. 4. Mark the days to ...

Backup
I have DataBase in SqlServer 2008.I Had taken database backup in full mode Around 10 days before. After that i ddi not take any other type of back.At the time of backup one table has around 1000 records.Now Accidentally Row has been deleted Now It has No Data.Before deletion now it has Around 3000 Records Is Their is Any Way to recover those deleted Rows From Full back Up Has the database been in full recovery model all the time since the full backup was taken? -- Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp http://sqlblog.com/blogs/tibor_karaszi ...

NT Backup and other backup issues
I'm getting an error when I try to schedule a backup system every day at a certain time. (0x8070005) I'm using an Admin account. ??? Is there any software that can backup files without changing them into a backup format? If I have 1000 files in 100 folders I'd like to see 1000 files in 100 folders in the backup location. Does any backup software do this? And it would have to be done incrementally so you're not backing up the same thing over and over for nothing. "FrankEdwards" <no@frank.here> wrote in message news:op.vbmurnheq6rutr@-...

MS MONEY 2005 #4
Hello, My version which is currently up to date is giving me a problem. Seems that Money is not allowing me to connect to my broker and download current prices etc. Yet, my checking account etc at my bank is ok. The message tells that 2005 has expired and I must upgrade to a newer version. I do not use any of the Microsoft web pages for this purpose, including MSN. I do not have passport activted either. Whats with MS being a nerd and blocking or expiring my copy of MS MONEY that I paid for. In addition, I get a nag screen saying I can get an additional $10 off if I upgrade. So, I tr...

BACKUPS #2
When I back up my Money 2006 (internally or to a CD) does that backup info include the Portfolio Manager data as well or does the Portfolio Manager info require a seperate backup? Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, hogbreath wrote: >When I back up my Money 2006 (internally or to a CD) does that backup info >include the Portfolio Manager data as well or does the Portfolio Manager info >require a seperate backup? Thanks. It's included. ========= 2006 suggested backup procedure Money 2006 introduces a useful multiple backup file feature. In M06: Tools->Settings->Bac...

MS CRM as source for BI platform
Hi *, I=B4m new to MS CRM so I really hope you can help me on the following issue: My company is introducing MS CRM and, at the same time, wants to establish some analytical data queries. Now, I was wondering if someone tried to extract data from the MS CRM database and extracted it into an analytical data base (dwh). I want to use Pentaho Kettle for this task. I=B4m afraid that MS CRM=B4s underlying data model is not very transparent. Any experiences on this? Thank you very much! Steve On Jun 5, 12:05=A0am, ssauerw <s.sauerw...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi *, > > I=B4m new to MS...

Repair SQL Corrupt database
Hi, I have a corrupt MS SQL Server 2005 database which I am trying to repair using: DBCC CHECKDB ('MYDB', REPAIR_ALLOW_DATA_LOSS) Unfortunately this does not seem to fix anything. After running the repair multiple times, I ran DBCC CHECKDB ('MYDB') WITH NO_INFOMSGS to see if it fixed the corruption, I noticed that is was returning a random amount of errors on each run. Does any know if It is the case that this database is beyond repair? If so will the best approach be to revert back to a non corrupt database backup and then roll forward using Transaction Lo...

sql trigger
A while back Rob was kind enough to share a trigger he developed to update the items reorder number when one was entered on a PO. This trigger works great, but would it be possible to write another trigger that would also update the items alias when a reorder number is entered on a PO? Any help would be appreciated as this would close a big gap in automating the process. Craig Craig, Do u want to add the reorder number (which represents the supplier's code for the item) as an alias? just wanted to make sure that i got it right Nashat "Craig" <craig@cctropicalparadis...

Excel won't open Unicode CSV file from SQL Server
I have a CSV file created by Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio in Unicode (that's all it can do). The file is just some numbers, nothing fancy. But when I attempt to open the CSV file with Excel 2007, all the columns are thrown into the first column. I can manually import the CSV file, through the wizard, tediously navigating to the file, and specifying delimiters, but that's a pain to do over and over again. All I want to do is save a result set in SQL Server and open in in Excel. Is that too much to ask? Kevin kwdavids <kwdav...@gmail.com> wrote... >I have a CSV fil...

Backup file #2
How do I create a backup file to be stored at different directory? How to specify the directory that I want the backup file to be stored? Thanks, Tom Try Tools - Options - Save. This will automatically save a copy of your file every x minutes to the directory of your choice. HTH -- Sincerely, Michael Colvin "tkanasoot@yahoo.com" wrote: > How do I create a backup file to be stored at different directory? How to > specify the directory that I want the backup file to be stored? > > Thanks, > Tom Do I need to set up my file to always create backup? Does this...

EndNot Web plug-in prevents closing MS Word 2007
Hi, When I try to close MS Word2007 I get an EndNoteWeb error message "an unknown error occured" and after clicking the ok button, the Word stops responding and restarts the program. This means that the Word is always running in the computer. MS diagnostics does not detect any probelms in the Word. Any advice how to fix the problem? Thanks in advance Suokki Sorry, but you've been misdirected to the group for Word for Macintosh... You can find the Win Office groups here: http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/FlyoutOverview.mspx Good Luck |...

Exchange Front End Backup Frequency
Server 2003 Enterprise Front End and Back End Exchange 2003 Standard 2003 AD native/native Front end has empty store mounted for SMTP forwarding. What frequncy would you recommend backing up the front end server since it holds no real changing data? Can I get away with once every week? (hopefully) Backend has sufficient backups every day in place. Thanks for your help, Harry On Sat, 20 May 2006 10:34:14 -0400, "Harry Bates" <harry@NOSPAMrocksystems.net> wrote: >Server 2003 Enterprise Front End and Back End >Exchange 2003 Standard >2003 AD native/native &...

Exmerge Backup
hi we have exchange 2003 on and windows 2003 server. i login as administrator and i want to take backup of all the mailbox that are present useing Exmerge. but Exmerge doesnt recomend to change the permissions of administrator (recieve as and send as permissions which are denyed by default) . i have created a user who has admin previlages and i have created security group with receive and send as permissions set and made this user a memeber of that serurity group. now how do i run exmerge do i have to login to windows using this login or how how do i login to exchange with this user...

metrologic scale scanner ms2020 or ms 2030
is there a list of hardware that can be used with rms. we have 2 ms2020 from metrologic which are scale/scanners with a rs232 port we wonder if it can be used with microsoft rms. or did anyone use any other scale/scanner. tx ...