tagging file in windows and upload to sharepoint

Hello, I have created picture library in MOSS 2007 and I would like to
upload images containing windows file tags from a hard drive to
sharepoint.
Unfortunately my picture library doesn't contain tags (or keywords)
assigned to picture.
Is there any way to store pictures with tags in sharepoint?
If not, is there any possibility to change custom column property
(title, keywords etc) for more than one picture in one editing without
additional scripting?
0
talar
2/24/2010 9:14:58 PM
sharepoint.setup-administratio 225 articles. 0 followers. Follow

computer freezes during scan (be it Windows Defender, Anti-virus, or SFC/scannow)
Hi everybody, This friend of mine has real problem with her laptop (Vista sp1). it was first noticed when her anti-virus did a scheduled scan. The anti-virus program hung whilst scanning the System32 folder. I tried with Windows Defender. Same thing, it hangs after a while. I de-activated her anti-virus program (forgot the name. Not a well known brand) and downloaded/installed Avast, to no avail. it also hangs whilst scanning the System32 folder. I also tried to scan using SFC/scannow. The PC freezes at 68 % of the scan. I tried these different manipulation in safe mod...

VB File Save
I have an Excel 97 workbook that produces a sheet of cheque-print data. I have a VB macro that reads data from a text file from another application into the workbook, and another VB Macro that saves data on this sheet to a comma-delimited text file (for input to Word for cheque printing). I currently have the file paths for the text files hard-coded into the VB macro. I would like to be able to select the paths from a standard Windows File Open and File Save box, but the only option I can find is to enter the path in an InputBox, which is not very good. Can this be done? Thanks John A...

Delete Subfolders and Files
Hi all, Could anyone clarify how the Delete Subfolders and Files permission works? Testing this on xp sp3 doesn't work as I'd expect: UserA owns FolderA, and on that folder they have the 'Delete Subfolders and Files' permission. Inside FolderA is FolderB, owned by UserB. UserB has taken away all rights from UserA to do anything with FolderB, including inherited rights. UserB creates FileB inside FolderB. Now, UserA can see FileB inside FolderB, but cannot delete it. Is that really the way it's supposed to behave? Regards Richard richard@tortoi...

Older files
Hi is there any way of opening files created in publisher version 3.0 on a 95 windows operatering system to publisher 2000 on a XP system, or can anyone tell me which software i need to do this Publisher 2000 can open Publisher 3.0 (Pub 95) files with no problems, so long as you are not running Norton AV. If you are unable to open the Publisher 3.0 (Pub 95) file, then it's more than likely a Publisher 2002/2003 file. The internal properties in Publisher 2002/2003 still say Publisher 3.0 in them as well, so it may not be a Publisher 95 file that you are attempting to open. -- Bri...

Extender window keyed off of Modal window
GP9 w/ manufacturing Is it possible to create an extender window keyed off of a modal window - for example the "Manufacturer's Item Number Maintenance" window? As I cannot change focus, the regular approach will not work. Help appreciated ...

Some links to file use drive letter, others network path, it thinks it is a different file!
I have a sheet with a bunch of lookups to another workbook on our server. I noticed one column that would not update with a Calculate. It sees the link as //Server/path etc... Other links will update and are linked to P:/path... When the file is opened P:/ links resolve to just the file name. The //Server ones don't. The only way to update the //Server lookups is to go into each one and edit and Enter to refresh. I am confused. Please help. I went into data links and sure enough, the same file was listed twice, once with drive letter, once with network path. So from there I opened...

Out look 2000 on windows xp hangs
My vp's outlook 2000 is hanging on occasion. It hangs when it is starting up and some times it will load and then when she clicks on the remote personal folder it hangs and we have to kill the process. there is something that makes it hang. Any sugestions? she has a P4 with 512 DDR. Windows XP pro. Thank you ...

Creating Executable file
Hey guys, I have created a database system using Access 2003 and I would like to create an executable file to make the system more secured. can you please help me how to create an executable file like in other programming languages like VB? Or if you can suggest how am i going to protect my codes/database from end-users. Thank you. hi Amsuria, amsuria wrote: > I have created a database system using Access 2003 and I would like to > create an executable file to make the system more secured. This is not possible with Microsoft Access. > can you please help me how to create ...

Tagging and routing mail destined for specific domains
Due to a change in NDA's I need to be able to tag, and copy mail that is being routed to and from specific domains. I am using exchange 2003 std (sp2) on 2003 server. As an example if a user were to send an email to microsoft.com I need to add a legal disclosure footer and keep a copy of that email locally. The same would be needed on inbound mail from microsoft.com to be copied to an additional location internally. Is this something that exchange can handle or do I need to route this through a second system to get this kind of tracking, etc..? On 7 Dec 2006 15:10:57 -0800, natedizzy@...

text to tags
I want to know if it is possible to convert plain text to XML tags using MACROS. If so pls tell me how to go abt this process. What do you want to convert them to? -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis. "Sahana" <shalmalibarki.admin@gmail.com> wrote in message news:be15bd60-dad2-4a71-b89b-f2ba90fe8bbe@u36g2000prn.googlegroups.com... >I want to know if it is possible to convert plain text to XML tags > using MACROS. If so pls tell me how to go a...

Linking Workbooks and minimising file sizes
Spec: presently have a "user" workbook of about 70 worksheets. this will be sent to managers. Am trying to make a Rough Work worksheet which will contain all raw data needed for calculations in the "user" workbook. I dont want the managers to see/receive the "Rough Work" file. E.G. Monthly figs in rough work sheet are used to calculated "% of work acheived this year" in the user workbook. Problem: 1) how do i link the data AND keep file size down?? 2) how can i split up the "user" workbook into manageable chunks which can, for example...

Pasted image file property inspector???
Hi, In a process of answering a request for proposal, our team worked over night writing down the answer in Word, pasting images here and there. The .doc file is now so big that it is almost impossible to send it by mail. Of course we made a pdf but for archiving in our knowledge base (.doc format for latter use) I really need to get its file size down. I know that we pasted things with a not appropriate format/resolution. Do you know a way to simply display in a palette pasted image file property (size and type) This would help finding the ones needing optimization. Is there such plug-in...

TAG value problem/SET Tag value
i get an error message: method or data member not found: Assessment is a combo box and field name in which the user is storing a diagnosis test description. maybe the problem is the AFTERupdate part of the code: Private Sub Combo_assessmt_AfterUpdate() Dim db As Database Dim rs As DAO.Recordset Dim strSQL As String Set db = CurrentDb strSQL = "SELECT diagcode " & _ "FROM diagnosis " & _ "WHERE diagname = '" & Me!assessment & "'" Set rs = db.OpenRecordset(strSQL, dbOpenSnapshot) Me.assessment.Tag = Nz(rs!d...

Lost File Share
Before 15 January, I had 2 PC's set to share a calendar (via email). However, on 15 January, one of the PC's received the following message: "Oulook caused invalid page fault in module fldpub.dll at 015f:4c51a697". I went to the support page and printed the resolutions for that error. However, since then, the calendar does not share. How can I share (via email) again? Thanks, Best International Sales ...

Save excel file as text file with ; as separator
Dear Sir I change the list separator(under control panel) from " , " to " ; " in win2000 and winxp. I write macro that will save the excel file as text file with ';' separator but the result is still a ',' but this program can work on win98. The coding is as below Worksheets("ProdPrice").Activat Cells.Selec Selection.Cop Workbooks.Ad Windows("Book1").Activat Range("A1").Activat ActiveSheet.Past ChDir "C:\ ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="C:\ClientInfo\Prodprice.txt", FileFormat:=xlCSV, CreateBackup:=Fals Windo...

file exist
hi, what is the command to check if file exist ? thanks. Lior Montia wrote: > hi, > > what is the command to check if file exist ? > > thanks. Dir("path to file") It will return the name of the file if it exists and "" if it does not. -- Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP Email (as appropriate) to... RBrandt at Hunter dot com "Lior Montia" <liorm@matrix.co.il> wrote in message news:f053kh$edi$1@news2.netvision.net.il... > hi, > > what is the command to check if file exist ? > > thanks. > > Dir() will...

Getting path from the full path and file name
Hello again, This is my second question today. The question is how to get just the path info from a string that contains path and file name information. I am looking an MFC or WinAPI function to do that because I don't want to do it manually. Thanks, "msnews.microsoft.com" <fwr> schrieb im Newsbeitrag = news:uzyJa$q1DHA.1700@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... : Hello again, :=20 : This is my second question today. The question is how to get just the = path : info from a string that contains path and file name information. I am : looking an MFC or WinAPI function to do that becaus...

Preferred file group
Our application records transactional events (maybe 300K to 500K rows per day) on a separate file group called HISTORY. I was wondering if there are performance considerations when creating indices on this history table. That is, do I get a performance improvement if the index resides in the default file group or if it resides in my HISTORY file group. Thanks in advance, Gary Hi ary, You can create a seprate file for the indexes, that would help as the index read/writes would be from a seperate file. Sriram www.sqllike.com > Our application records transactional event...

HTM files do not open
Hi Everybody, 1. I have Vista Home Premium and Internet Explorer v 8. I never set anything about users or administrators since I am the only one using this computer. 2. I have many old graphics tutorials in HTM format which I downloaded some years ago when I was using Windows 98. They opened in Windows 98. 3. I can't open them with Vista. If I use FILE > OPEN in Internet Explorer, I get the HTML code. If I double click on the file in Windows Explorer, I get a message saying that Windows Internet Explorer is not responding. 4. I have a similar problem with HTM fi...

which files to backup?
Is it necessary to backup the .mny to removable media in addition to the backup file itself? I just got started using '03 Standard and would like to establish a robust backup routine (similar to Arge's post) at the outset and stick to it. Any additional suggestions would be helpful. In microsoft.public.money, Derick Beckwith wrote: >backup file itself? I just got started using '03 Standard and would like to >establish a robust backup routine (similar to Arge's post) at the outset and >stick to it. Any additional suggestions would be helpful. You should not ne...

retreving files
I had to reinstall office 07 after my operating system died, i have a backup of all my program files and was wondering how I get the mail but mainly the contacts from my back up files to my new outlook account? http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.asp -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, soul asked: | I had to reinstall office 07 after my operating system died, i have a | backup of all ...

Strip HTML tags
is there any simple mean of removing simple HTML tags(b, u, p) from a string. In Java or .Net I would do something like String text = html.replaceAll("<[^>]*>", ""); and In MFC ? I am not using &amp and this kind of tags so I need a simple solution. mosfet a �crit : > is there any simple mean of removing simple HTML tags(b, u, p) from a > string. > In Java or .Net I would do something like > String text = html.replaceAll("<[^>]*>", ""); > > and In MFC ? > > I am not using &amp and this kind of tags...

windows media player transferring media info id3 tags
I need to know how to preserve some of the media information I am inputting on my Windows Media LIbrary. When I copy the files to another computer only the basic info about the songs shows up. None of the "custom" info or the "mood" or the "keywords" are transferred. how can I avoid losing this info while still using WMP. thanks. -- clp253 Not all the info you enter is stored in tags so in the audio file. It is also dependent on the file format used, e.g. in WAV almost none of the info is stored and certainly not any edits. The only think you ...

Is there a way to change the effective date on EFT transmit files?
I'm trying to determine if there is a way to adjust the effective date that is located on the transmit file for EFT file transmissions. Our transmit files show the current date as the effective date for our batches. We'd like to see a day or 2 later. I believe the location of this "effective date" is between characters 70 and 75 on the 5 record (company/batch header for all entries). ...

how do I import a .pst file into outlook 2007
I am trying to import a .pst file into my inbox. I am running small business server 2003 on a brand new dell. I have downloaded the office 2007 professional edition but have not yet decided to buy. When I try to do a file->import, that option is not available. When I try to turn off logging, as suggested by another user, I go tools->options, but options are not available either. Is it not possible to import from a .pst if I haven't bought it yet, if so, why in the world would I test it? I need old and new messages and addresses to test it. Another user suggested copyi...