Move databases from WSS SQL Express to Full SQL?

Is there a procedure to move a WSS SQL Express database to another server
running SQL Server?

sharepoint.setup-administratio 225 articles. 0 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_0001_FE3063F0

Hello Matt,

Yes there is a process needs to be followed:

Detach the content Database from SharePoint Web application through Central
Administration
Move LDF and MDF files to the new Server
Attach the Content Database from new SQL Server (There is a option to
mention Database Server and DB name when you attach)

Make sure your Farm account has DBCreator and Security Admin roles in the
new SQL Server.

Move all databases (Windows SharePoint Services 3.0)

Sunil [MSFT]
------=_NextPart_0001_FE3063F0

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hello Matt,
\par
\par Yes there is a process needs to be followed:
\par
\par Detach the content Database from SharePoint Web application through Central Administration
\par Move LDF and MDF files to the new Server
\par Attach the Content Database from new SQL Server (There is a option to mention Database Server and DB name when you attach)
\par
\par Make sure your Farm account has DBCreator and Security Admin roles in the new SQL Server.
\par
\par \b Move all databases (Windows SharePoint Services 3.0)
\par http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc512723.aspx
\par
\par \b0 Sunil [MSFT]\b
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_FE3063F0--

0
sunily

Moving license to a new computer

Earthlink and Outlook Express
I use Earthlink and would like to download my folders and message to Outlook Express but I understand from earthink I cannot do that with folders. Does anyone know a way I could do that? Also, what are the steps, using Outlook to download a simple message from Earthlink? Also, what the steps if I want to open and save a folder from a floppy disk, from another email program? Sorry for so many questions. Thank you. Karen ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookF...

I am following the instructions page 331 to load the Adventure Networks database. I am running on an absolutely fresh Win2003 SBS and have followed all the instructions. A couple of problems (referring to the bullets in the manual): 2. My Administrator account has domain and local admininstrator privileges and was used to install MS CRM. MS CRM works perfectly. So far so good. 7. I cannot confirm that the five users were created? Why is that? What should I do about it? 10. After entering URL I get an error: That I do not have a MS CRM license??? Help, - Jakob Jakob, ...

Safe to Move?

Moving Exchange 2000

mail moved from netscape to outlook?

Journal table in database
Anyone know what data the Journal table stores. I gather its either all the transaction data or a "picture of the receipt" The journal table is taking up 1.8GB of the total 2.6GB database. If the journal table is just a picture of the receipt, is there anyway I can just keep them if they are less than 30 days old, as I've never looked in the journal for something more than a few days old. Cheers This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C75E2C.823DAB00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-prin...

Moving Pages between two publications

Move mailbox rights in Exchange 5.5 #2

Import Capacity on OutLook Express
When will Outlook Express give me the ability to import my mail messages from Incredimail into OutLook Express. It seems they only have some programs you can import from. Is there a way of doing this now? Can you export them from Incredimail to a text file, then import to OE? -- Kevin Hill 3NF Consulting www.3nf-inc.com/NewsGroups.htm "David J. Thomson" <thomsondj7@telus.net> wrote in message news:05bd01c3694a$7b84c120$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When will Outlook Express give me the ability to import > my mail messages from Incredimail into OutLook Express. > It se...

How to force special layout of File-as, Full Name and Company
When I enter a new business contact, "Johnny Rockets" for example, I want the Full Name, Company and File As to all show "Johnny Rockets" and not "Rockets, Johnny." Is there a way to cause that to happen without having to go back and adjust the items? Outlook 2007. vista. You can control it for new contacts - Tools, Options, Contact Options to set the file as format and the default name order. See http://www.slipstick.com/Tutorials/contacts/contacts.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook &...

emailing a large database
My sister borrowed my computer and it out of town. I need to get a database from it for a client(HELP). zipped up when you just rt. click on file and go to send to zip is 40MB - It will not email- I already compacted and repaired it and this is the size Any ideas- is their any programs out there that will super compress???? a file to be able to email it?? help Thanks, Barb "babs" <babs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7AFC9D5-F980-4368-AC8C-0721217E0219@microsoft.com... > My sister borrowed my computer and it out of town. I need to g...

Moving Folder error

Moving between worksheets

GP database recovery mode
Hi, It appears that database created by GP appears to be in 'Simple' recovery mode. Is this by design? It prevents backing up transaction logs. For the time being, I’ve disabled the job that (attempts) to do a transaction log backup, and set the full backup job to occur every 4 hrs. Is there any way I can backup the transaction logs too. Thanks, Sri Sri, GP databases are created using the Simple Recovery Model by default, not by design. Which means that you can always go back to SQL Server Management Studio and change the database recovery model to Full Recovery Model. Once...

Edit SQL behind data access page
I'm experienced with a PHP/Mysql enviroment and have, in the past week, been thrown into an access project to finish up the data access pages. Is there a way to look at the SQL going on in a data access page at all? I'm working on a page to add new entries to a one-to- many relational table and access's wizards can't seem to figure it out. If there is a way I can populate the drop down menus by my own sql, and then create the actual "INSERT" sql that would save me a lot of trouble. I've tried looking at the html page source but I haven't found much useful ...

Moving Cache
I have started a new computer with Vista Ultimate. I have outlook 2003 up and running and have copied my PST file from my old Windows XP Pro computer. I did have a lot of cached addresses which were not in my contacts. I copied the .NK2 files from the XP to the Vista computer, replacing the currect *.NK2 files in the roaming folder. The address do not appear when I try to address a new email. Am I missing something? Regards. Bob Is your profile name the same on the Vista Machine? Where did you put = the file? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to ...

MRP V10 Move In and Move Out
Service Pack 1, has anyone seen any issues with the Move in and Move out not working for 'make' items when MRP regenerates? I seem to be able to create a situation, where if I change the MO Due date or change the Sales Order In House Date, (change one OR the other so they dont align with each other) MRP will suggest a new MO instead of moving the existing. MRP is suggesting MO's with no demand. For example: MO Due Date 07/1/2008 Sales Order In House Date 07/03/2008 If I change the Sales Order In House date to 06/27/2008 (and leave the MO alone) MRP will suggest a ne...