Filtering Platform Connection Audit Failure

I'm getting Event ID 5157 security log audit failures related to the
SharePoint mssearch service that I can't resolve--all of the basic stuff
looks right to me. This a single-server implementation of WSS 3.0 SP1 on
Windows Server 2008 R2 (SP, IIS, SQL Server, and search all running on the
same machine). Can anyone suggest an effective way to troubleshoot this?
sharepoint.setup-administratio 225 articles. 0 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_0001_62D1EDCA

Administrative tools -> Sharepoint Central admin -> Operations -> services
on server -> Windows sharepoint services search -> update the password.

Harish K
------=_NextPart_0001_62D1EDCA

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Administrative tools -> Sharepoint Central admin -> Operations -> services on server -> Windows sharepoint services search -> update the password.
\par
\par Harish K
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_62D1EDCA--

0
harish
1/27/2010 9:06:32 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_63530A77

It is important to go through the details of the event log message to
identify which connection is blocked and why:

The Windows Filtering Platform has blocked a connection.

Application Information:
 Process ID:  PID

 Application Name: process_name

Network Information:
 Direction:  outbound or inbound
 Source Address:  source_ip

 Source Port:
 Destination Address: des_ip

 Destination Port:  ??
 Protocol:  ??

Application Layer Enforcement (ALE) Stateful Filtering
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb613463(VS.85).aspx

To disable the auditing run following commands:
auditpol /set /subcategory:"Filtering Platform Packet Drop"
/success:disable
auditpol /set /subcategory:"Filtering Platform Packet Drop" /failure:disable
auditpol /set /subcategory:"Filtering Platform Connection" /success:disable
auditpol /set /subcategory:"Filtering Platform Connection" /failure:disable

Windows Firewall feature in Windows Server 2008
http://technet2.microsoft.com/windowsserver2008/en/library/c042b3c5-dee1-4a3
1-ac35-e90e846290441033.mspx

Sunil [MSFT]
------=_NextPart_0001_63530A77

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 It is important to go through the details of the event log message to identify which connection is blocked and why:
\par
\par ========================================================
\par The Windows Filtering Platform has blocked a connection.
\par
\par Application Information:
\par  Process ID:  \b PID\b0
\par
\par  Application Name: \b process_name\b0
\par
\par Network Information:
\par  Direction:  \b outbound or inbound\b0
\par  Source Address:  \b source_ip\b0
\par
\par  Source Port:
\par  Destination Address: \b des_ip\b0
\par
\par  Destination Port:  \b ??\b0
\par  Protocol:  \b ??\b0
\par ========================================================
\par
\par \b Application Layer Enforcement (ALE) Stateful Filtering\b0
\par http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb613463(VS.85).aspx
\par
\par
\par \b To disable the auditing run following commands:\b0
\par auditpol /set /subcategory:"Filtering Platform Packet Drop" /success:disable
\par auditpol /set /subcategory:"Filtering Platform Packet Drop" /failure:disable
\par auditpol /set /subcategory:"Filtering Platform Connection" /success:disable
\par auditpol /set /subcategory:"Filtering Platform Connection" /failure:disable
\par \b
\par Windows Firewall feature in Windows Server 2008\b0
\par http://technet2.microsoft.com/windowsserver2008/en/library/c042b3c5-dee1-4a31-ac35-e90e846290441033.mspx
\par
\par Sunil [MSFT]
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_63530A77--

0
sunily
1/27/2010 11:27:38 PM
Thanks, did that, also verified that the credentials were valid by logging in
to the server with the domain accounts being used for search and content
access. Didn't help. Also reviewed the SQL Server configuration for the two
accounts and it looks right too.

"Harish [MSFT]" wrote:

> Administrative tools -> Sharepoint Central admin -> Operations -> services
> on server -> Windows sharepoint services search -> update the password.
>
> Harish K
Thanks Sunil. See details below re error.

I didn't do anything with the Windows Firewall feature in Server 2008 during
SP installation, as it is disabled on this server (probably due to Group
Policy). I assumed that if it was disabled, it wouldn't be blocking anything,
so I was OK (at least as far as this audit failure goes.)

"Sunil [MSFT]" wrote:

> It is important to go through the details of the event log message to
> identify which connection is blocked and why:

> The Windows Filtering Platform has blocked a connection.
>
> Application Information:
>  Process ID:  1940
>
>  Application Name: \device\harddiskvolume\program files\...\12 \bin\mssearch.exe
>
> Network Information:
>  Direction:  outbound
>  Source Address:  10.149.85.252 (server IP)
>
>  Source Port:   61226
>  Destination Address: same as source
>
>  Destination Port:  1433
>  Protocol:  6
>
> Application Layer Enforcement (ALE) Stateful Filtering
> http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb613463(VS.85).aspx
>

> To disable the auditing run following commands:
> auditpol /set /subcategory:"Filtering Platform Packet Drop"
> /success:disable
> auditpol /set /subcategory:"Filtering Platform Packet Drop" /failure:disable
> auditpol /set /subcategory:"Filtering Platform Connection" /success:disable
> auditpol /set /subcategory:"Filtering Platform Connection" /failure:disable
>
> Windows Firewall feature in Windows Server 2008
> http://technet2.microsoft.com/windowsserver2008/en/library/c042b3c5-dee1-4a3
> 1-ac35-e90e846290441033.mspx
>
> Sunil [MSFT]

Criteria for Advanced Filter HELP
I have what I think is a simple question that I need answered IMMEDIATELY. I have a spreadsheet with 20 fields and I want to filter it so it only shows records that have something in of any of 5 of those fields. So once filtered, I will not have any records that have all 5 of those fields blank. I know I have done this before but I'll be damned if I can remember or find out how. -- Thanks You all are teaching me so much don't cross-post -- answer supplied in misc NG "knowshowrosegrows" <knowshowrosegrows@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ACBC0...

Audit Logging
Hi, Is there anywhere within CRM that will show me all the changes that are being made to the system itself? I don't mean users updating records but the actual changes to screens, adding tabs and the like? Just an element of audit logging to show all the changes that have happened on the system. Many thanks, Such an audit tool is not available. -- Ronald Lemmen - MSCRM MVP Avanade Netherlands http://www.ronaldlemmen.com/ "Mark Davies" wrote: > Hi, > > Is there anywhere within CRM that will show me all the changes that are > being made to the system itself?...

Problems connecting Data Migration Manager to CRM
Hi, I am having problems connecting to our CRM server via the data migration tool. I type http://crm/ into my browser and the site loads perfectly from the server. The same URL does not work in the migration tool however. It simply says that the tool cannot connect to the CRM server and that it may be down. I tried again this morning and got the following error message: "Client found response content type of 'image/gif' but expected 'text/html'. The request failed with the error message: -- GIF89a The CRM server is running on a virtual Server...

Employee Filters

CInternetSession Assertion Failure
Hi! I'm a biginner c++ programmer that needs help. Here is my code: #include <AfxInet.h> int main() { CInternetSession mySession; return 0; } This program compiles fine but ouputs the following output error: "Debug Assertion Failed! Program: C:\WebSearcher\Debug\play_around1.exe File: afxwin1.inl Line: 27 When I take a look at afxwin1.inl, the problem originates from the following lines: // Inlines for AFXWIN.H (part 1) #ifdef _AFXWIN_INLINE // Global helper functions _AFXWIN_INLINE LPCTSTR AFXAPI AfxGetAppName() { ASSERT(afxCurrentAppName != NULL); return afxCurr...

Filtering based on a filter
Hello, I have an Excel Worksheet with a Pivot Table at the top with a Filter and a data set returned from a DB2 database below it. I would like to filter the DB2 data set based on the Pivot Table filter that is enabled. Any ideas? Thanks! James, You can't filter two ranges on the same worksheet. You can, instead, drill-down on your pivot table, which will show all items that go into the value on a newly created separate sheet. The drawback to that is that you cna only drill down on one item at a time, and it is a separate sheet. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "James" <an...

Question on the IMF filtering in exchange...
Hey I installed the IMF filter last night and it works great, with one exception. I set both thresholds to the same (5) and got almost all blocked emails into the archive that were junk...So that is good. However I had some users report that there was mail in their junk folder that should have been good Inbox mail. This I undersyand and can live with as folas-positives...the problem is, since both settings on the folter tab were set to 5, how does it know to send the mail to archive rather than Junk folder? Why wouldn't it just send them all to archive if both settings were at ...

Filtering without Filter
I just don't get the following. Any ideas? "A" row I have two different values I use: "Contact" and "Not a contact". "B" row I have the person's name (employee). "C" row I have a quantity, just one number. Now what I need is to output quantities of how many Contacts Employee1 or Employee2 or Employee3 have. Also what I need is to get the number of contacts - which can be found on row "C". Should I use COUNT.IF ? Row A can have 2 or more different values so should there be somekind of conditional IF function included? T...

Filtering #11
Hi, can ayone tell me how I could do the following in excel 2007 or 2010: Horse Trainer Sam M Jones John M Jones Colin S Attwater Steve J Jackson Brian B Mathers James B Mathers Martin G Raggy Patrick S Thomson What I want to do is filter the dataset on 'Trainer' so that it only shows me the Trainers who feature once in the list. So if I was to do this properly it would only show S Attwater and G Raggy as the other trainers have more than one horse..... Hopefully someone can help because it is driving me crazy !! Thanks David Give this macro a try... Sub HideDuplicateTr...

Connection Between 2003 and 5.5
Hi Guys, I have an Exchange organisation consisting of 18 Exchange serves running Enterprise edition of 5.5. All email is routed through 2 Bridgehead servers and which connects out to an SMTP server then to the internet. I have installed Exchange Server 2003 and would like to make this the Bridgehead server for all emails to flow though,whilst I upgrade the exisiting environment. How would I achieve this? Would I need to setup a connection using ADC? Please advise. Many thanks Mohammed "Mohammed" <Mohammed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have an Exchange org...

Junk filter BEFORE other filters?
I am running Outlook 2003 and the Junk filter was working really well. Then I started making other filters...one of them looks for my domain name in the headers and if it's there it moves the email to a folder. Problem is, this filter seems to activate before the junk filter, so the junk sn't being filtered now! How can I set the junk filter to do it's job first and THEN to run my own rules? -- Bryan Anderson <www.anderson-it.com> I created this rule and set it as the first rule to run: Apply this rule after the message arrives with 'X-Spam-Level:******'or'...

Macro to copy a VLOOKUP formula

error connecting to the server while send/receeive in progress
My AOL account was correctly added to Outlook, however I am trying to subscribe to other folders in my email and I am reveiving an error (0x800CCC0E) connecting to the server. How do I correct this? ...

Pasting into a filtered list
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to paste a list of price updates into a filtered list. - I have filtered the list to show just the products whose prices need to be updated, when I try to paste the updated prices, into the list, the prices are not just pasted into the visible cells but the hidden cells between. Can I paste into the visible cells only or do I have to update each line manually. I am using Excel 2002 Any help would be much appreciated Can you sort the list to bring the products that need updating together in the list? If not, try something like this: Your list of product...

IP filtering based on corresponding MX records
Hello Dears, How can I implement the following? Used: Exchange 2003 SP2 in FE/BE configuration; FE is in perimeter zone (capable to “speak” with DNS, BE, DCs and retrieve info) So, somebody connects my FE to sent an e-mail to one of domain users. I need something like that: When connecting, see the “mail from: user@somedomain.xxx”; Verify if there is a record MX for the IP address from which the connection was established in DNS for the domain “somedomain.xxx” If not – drop connection (attention: MX record, not SPF) Is it possible with Exchange 2003 SP2 only? How? Thank you, Alex I be...

How to stop Outlook 2007 losing connection to an IMAP server
I am using Outlook 2007 and Windows 7 on a Lenovo laptop. I am accessing an IMAP server on 1&1. I am constantly losing connection to the IMAP server. The initial connection is OK and emails are sent and received fine, but the connection dies after a few minutes and a system reboot is required before it works again, only to die a few minutes later. I have set the same IMAP mailbox up on a Dell desktop computer running Outlook 2007 and Vista and this does not lose the connection at all. I suspected the virus software as the Windows 7 laptop has F-secure and the desktop has ...

apply filter macro
I have a access db that works on win xp but does not work on win 2007 I have a combo box that triggers a apply filter macro using a query sort. no problem on win 2000 or win xp or win 2003 Help AlT ...

Month Filter
I keep a log of checks that I receive in my department throughout the year. I have the checks listed by date (mm/dd/yy), payee, check #, etc. What I want to do is be able to filter the list by month (ex., March 2005). Is there a way to do this? Thanks Joseph You can Try EasyFilter Joseph http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Joseph" <joe@nospam.com> wrote in message news:%23lQNnTawFHA.464@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... >I keep a log of checks that I receive in my department throughout the year. I have the checks lis...

Using a form in Excel to Filter
I would like to create a form in Excel that is similar to a form in Access. This form will hold all fields on the underlying spreadsheet and enable the user to sort using combo box dropdowns. Ideally, the form would have a button titled RUN that will take all the data the user selects in the combos and filter the underlying spreadsheet. Can this be done?? If so....you will save my life! TIA, Chris Try this Add-in http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl <ccfatzin@ibtco.com> wrote in message news:1122677766.648239.226910@z14g200...

filter for missing values in a range
I have a list in Col A ( about 2000) one to four digit numbers. I would like to ( for example) , in the 700's be able to filter and find out which of the numbers from 700 to 799 is NOT in the list. I know how to copy and paste to another col, etc. Thanks in advance for the wonderful help all of you give. One play .. Assume your source data runs in A2 down In B2: =IF(ROWS($1:1)+700-1>799,"",IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(ROWS($1:1)+700-1,A:A,0)),"",ROWS($1:1)+700-1)) Copy B2 down by 100 rows to cover the full spread of numbers to be checked, ie # of nums from s...

unable to connect to server #3
after an hour I don't see my original post - sorry if this is a duplicate. I have 8 email addresses coming into my Outlook. Suddenly about a month ago I started getting error messages for some of the accounts....unable to connect to server. I called my ISP and they had me delete the account and then add it again - that fixed it. For a few hours. Then it would happen again on a few OTHER accounts - up to as many as 5 at a time. Deleting and adding in again aways fixes it but I'm having to do this several times a day!! It is Outlook 2000. I use XP. Any suggestions?? I...

filter driver for an USB modem
Hello, I am working on a NDIS filter under Windows 7 64 bits. The filter is working well as NetService Class with classical Ethernet Adapters. But, it does not work with an USB Modem with "Modem" class. Packets handled by the modem are not sent to the filter. How can I get them ? I suspect I should register the driver in another manner. Regards. Eric Boudrand > Packets handled by the modem are not sent to the filter. How can I get = > them ? I suspect I should register the driver in another manner. You need to support PPP in your filter, this requires ...

Filtering
Is there a way to filter messages that contain embedded images? Or even better, messages that only contain embedded images and no text? thanks, Andy andyp@repcmi.com ...

Internet connection settings
Hi I have just fixed up a friends Laptop, this included a format and re-install of XP Home SP2, this was done at my place for convenience. While installing the OS I had my Internet Ethernet cable inserted and when install completed I activated over my Internet Connection, this was all fully automatic. I also installed MSE and updated it over my connection. Now question is, when my friend takes the Laptop home and plugs it into their connection, will it use my ISP and account or theirs. If it will use my account how do I stop that before I give them back their Laptop?...