deleted all users from a sub site

We created a sub site to test the different options available in SharePoint
as well as to try and see what things the users could do that would cause us
problems.  For one sub site all of the user groups were removed from the
site...which instantly gave me no access to the sub site.  when I request
access it sends the email to me, but I can't go in and approve it.

I can't delete the testing sub site because it says it still has its own sub
site...yet I cannot see it or access it.  so I have two questions...

How can I get back into that sub site to delete it and how do I add a user
(or two) that will have access to it regardless of who has been messing with
the permissions.  My manager should have access to every single sub site on
our SharePoint site, I just haven't figured out how to make that happen.

sharepoint.setup-administratio 225 articles. 0 followers. Follow

One method would be to go into Central Administration and create policy for
the Web Application that contains the site granting the needed permissions.
This will give you access to all sites in the web application, regardless of
the permission settings at the site level itself.

"H0MELY" <H0MELY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We created a sub site to test the different options available in
> SharePoint
> as well as to try and see what things the users could do that would cause
> us
> problems.  For one sub site all of the user groups were removed from the
> site...which instantly gave me no access to the sub site.  when I request
> access it sends the email to me, but I can't go in and approve it.
>
> I can't delete the testing sub site because it says it still has its own
> sub
> site...yet I cannot see it or access it.  so I have two questions...
>
> How can I get back into that sub site to delete it and how do I add a user
> (or two) that will have access to it regardless of who has been messing
> with
> the permissions.  My manager should have access to every single sub site
> on
> our SharePoint site, I just haven't figured out how to make that happen.

Daniel
4/27/2010 6:36:39 PM
Your second option is to add the user to the Site Collection Administrators
group. This will give them access to all sites in the collection.

"H0MELY" <H0MELY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We created a sub site to test the different options available in
> SharePoint
> as well as to try and see what things the users could do that would cause
> us
> problems.  For one sub site all of the user groups were removed from the
> site...which instantly gave me no access to the sub site.  when I request
> access it sends the email to me, but I can't go in and approve it.
>
> I can't delete the testing sub site because it says it still has its own
> sub
> site...yet I cannot see it or access it.  so I have two questions...
>
> How can I get back into that sub site to delete it and how do I add a user
> (or two) that will have access to it regardless of who has been messing
> with
> the permissions.  My manager should have access to every single sub site
> on
> our SharePoint site, I just haven't figured out how to make that happen.

Daniel

access control name from the sub
I have several same controls on the form like spin buton. Because it runs exactly same logic, but its name, I would like to have one even code called by all the controls. I need to know the name of the controls to do some actions. I tried to use name, but it gives me the name of the form. I tried self but VBA does not recognize it. How can I access the control name from its events? Your information is great appreciated, Multiple controls cannot share the save event procedure; however, you can do what you want easily. Since you have a form and a subform to deal with, my suggestion would...

How to Recover Deleted Sent Mail?

Cannot delete subreport

Rule for Deleted Items

Delete macros

forcing user input into cells
howdy all... i'm new to doing stuff with excel have a bit of a background in javascript programming what i'm trying to do is force a user to enter something, anything int a specific cell if the user tries to tab past the cell and leave it blank, i want a error to come up, telling them that they have to enter something befor they can continue on with entry into other cells any help would be much appreciated -Thank -- georgi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- georgio's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=164...

OK to delete Deleted Items folder?

How to delete chart

Delete blank Last page

OWA not allowing child users
I have a child domain and the users in the child domain can open their emails that reside on the root normaly, but when trying to use OutlookWebAccess internaly or externaly they are not allowed. I tryed giving full access to exchage folder for those users, I also change the settings of Default web site to \. I also gave users the right to logon locally to the exchange server. Any ideas please help ...

When I search this group w/my user name nothing from 2010 comes up
Why aren't 2010 questions coming up in search? Try clicking on your own name, this opens your profile pop-up. In the pop-up, click on "Recent posts by this user". I just tried it and it displayed a couple of your 2010 posts somewhere further down in the listing. -- Max Singapore --- "Meenie" wrote: > Why aren't 2010 questions coming up in search? The web interface for this newsgroup doesn't work so well. You could access the newsgroup directly using a newsreader instead at this address news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.excel.mi...

Deleting an email

saving users exchange profile
I have a couple of user accounts that are for employees no longer with the company. I would like to delete these accounts, but make a backup of the information in their exchange profile in case that information is needed in the future. Is there any way to achieve this? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_007D_01CB0981.39DE4410 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Open Outlook as them and export mailbox to a .pst and save it somewhere --=20 Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP] (since 1997) Co-C...

How to display the TOTAL of a sub form on the parent Form?
on my sub form (subDetails) I have a totals column. I then Total the totals column in the footer of the subform in a field named (txtOrderTotal) I want to display that total on the Parent form (frmOrders) (I do not want to just show the footer of the sub form due to placment issues) So on my parrent form I have a text box with this code in the control source =Forms!subDetails.txtOrderTotal BUT all I get is "#NAME?!" I have doubled checked my spelling. Am I going about this wrong? Any help here will be appreciated. Thanks in advance Dave On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 10:38:35 -0700...

Network User Name Link On Forms
We run on a novell network. Most of our office databases/documents hav a field for Name, or Initials. We want to link the excel forms to th user name and/or initals so the fields are filled in every tim automatically. We created a user id file, and placed it on a couple of machines Problem is, when linking to it, databases show every field belonging t that specific user. We want it to the run the link formula, plug in the user name, and the make it text so that it stays in the database showing the user tha assigned the field. Should we link to a file on each users hard drive? Should we l...

#Deleted

Extracting site permissions
Hello, Is it possible to extract automatically the permissions set at the organization, sitename, configuration, server and container levels in any way for a site? Thanks, C ...

Can I recover deleted archived .pst files?
I accidently deleted all of my archived folders, now I need to recover them, is there any way? I had hundreds of e-mails saved that of course I need. Sue State your Outlook version and information store. State how you deleted the files. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "royalpei" <royalpei@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B8236C3C-C139-4B03-B2ED-5B135DE9DCC1@microsoft.com... >I accidently deleted all of my archived folders, now I need to recover >them, > is there any way? I had hundreds of e-mails saved that of course I need. > > Sue &q...

Multiple users sharing one inbox
I have one of those email accounts where all mail for the entire domain is delivered to the one inbox on the POP server. On our PC we have separate userids. Is there some way that I could filter the incoming mail so that mail for other family members is moved into their inbox, which is, of course, outside of my "Personal Folders". This has prevented me constructing a mail rule. I can see the "File", "Open", "Other user's folder" but that option is greyed-out. We're using Outlook 2003 as a simple POP/SMTP mail client; no exchange server. ...