Can I import contacts in Excel into Sharepoint contacts?

Can I import contacts in Excel into Sharepoint contacts?
sharepoint.setup-administratio 225 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Importing contacts in Excel spreadsheet into SharePoint contacts is something
that SharePoint does not support. Probably you can define your contacts as a
'Custom List' in SharePoint. If you are specific about importing from a Excel
spreadsheet, you can take a look at SharePoint List Management Solution
(SPListM) which allows you to import list items(contacts) with associated
metadata and file attachments to your SharePoint Lists such as Contacts,
Calendars, Surveys, Discussion Boards etc. SharePoint by default does not
support such Content Types and SPListM adresses such list management issues
with considerable ease.It even allows you to edit and update list items
thereby allowing you to take full control of the import process.

You can download a free trail version of the product from our solution page
at

http://www.vyapin.com/products/sharepoint/moss-2007/splistm/sharepoint-2007-list-management-tool.htm

"Leon" wrote:

> Can I import contacts in Excel into Sharepoint contacts?

Opening a new instance of Excel

Creating and Organization Chart from and excel file
I was able to create an org. chart awhile ago and now when I try to use the org. chart wizard and select the excel file I get an error "cannot read names". I have excel and visio 2003. Can anyone help???? I want to include 4 fields from from excel file (name, title, department, reports_to). Help! Have you tried creating an Excel file recently? Perhaps there's an issue with your existing Excel file. I'd try generating a dummy file using the wizard, and then try importing it iback nto a new Visio file using the wizard. If that works, then you may want to cut / pas...

Too many rows for Excel output from Access 2000
All: In my application I am exporting several records to excel file dynamically using a query,when the number of records exceeds 50000 records in one of the scenarios I am getting this error :There are too many rows to output, based on the limitation specified by the output format or Microsoft access Dim stDocName As String stDocName = "Query11" DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputQuery, stDocName, acFormatXLS, , 1 Can any one suggest the solution to this problem, Thanks in Advance, VT IIRC, OutputTo uses an earlier Excel format that limits to 16K rows. Use the TransferSp...

How can I drop a flyer from Publisher into PowerPoint as a slide?
I have created a flyer in Publisher but I now need to drop it into PowerPoint as a slide, is this possible? No, not really. You could open up both instances, Powerpoint and Publisher, and then drag and drop/copy and paste from the Publisher window to the Powerpoint window, the reformat as needed. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "melann" <melann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:58EE1229-ED29-4A5F-B4D6-BDE863876DB0@microsoft.com... &...

Contacts onto a Mysql database
Hello, I am in the process of transfering data and contacts onto a Mysql database. I have had some help and am trying to get a software solution. So main features would be to migrate large amounts of data and contacts every day. The migration would be done manually. Thanks for the help On Tue, 4 May 2010 08:53:01 -0700, Guertas <Guertas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I am in the process of transfering data and contacts onto a Mysql database. >I have had some help and am trying to get a software solution. > >So main features woul...

can't send anything in Outlook 2002

Emailing in excel 2003 02-26-10

How can Journal be used if Project is not installed, or on the net
How can Journal be used if Project is not installed, or on the network -- Rusty Nichols Network Support Technician The Journal folder works without Project being installed at all. It's an integral part of Outlook. What functionality are you seeking? "Rusty" <w_r_nichols_iii@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:7EA79673-AE35-44D2-A09E-EBF73E7EC414@microsoft.com... > How can Journal be used if Project is not installed, or on the network How can Journal potentially affect the Exchange server, and I would like more information on Journal for a Outlook foundation class? ...

Excel Crash

Import Palm files
Can anyone help me by telling me how to import palm files (dat files) into outlook. I want to import contact, calendar, etc Depends what you can export to from Palm Desktop. Personally, I've found this messy. Why not just get sync software that can sync your Palm with Outlook directly? Chapura Pocketmirror or Pumatech Intellisync are two ideas....or your Palm CD may have come with this option. F. Carvalho wrote: > Can anyone help me by telling me how to import palm files > (dat files) into outlook. I want to import contact, > calendar, etc ...

EXCEL TROUBLESHOOTING #2

Excel Edit F2 button changed for Mac???

In Excel program shows a broken line and don't know how to get ri.

Excel Cells Contents to HTML Pages

How can I tell if our GP 9.0 is updated to the latest SP and patch
We recently upgraded our GP to 9.0, but I'm not sure we are at SP1 or the latest patches have been installed. Is there a way to tell from the versions numbers displayed in the "About Microsoft Dynamics GP" box? Or, maybe asked a different way, if at the latest updates, what should the Dexterity and GP 9.0 version numbers be at? hello, You know if it's Dynamics GP SP1 when you see that: Dynamics GP - 9.00.0259 Dexterity - 9.00.0068.0 rgds, timber On Oct 6, 6:35 am, dcnjoe60 <dcnjo...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We recently upgraded our GP to 9.0, bu...

Contact use?
I am studying at moment and would appreciate confirmation of below, company has an external consultant who has an internet mail address of Bill@isp.com , company wants to receive all mail addressed to him and do not publish his private internet mail address as they do not want customers to contact him directly, the solution suggested is below. create a mail-enabled contact object for Bill and specify two addresses, Bill@company.com "@company.com being organisation email address" and Bill@isp.com, for this contact. All messages that are addressed to Bill@company.com will fir...

Contact not importing names of csv lists
Whenever I import a csv file into outlook 2007 it imports only the email addresses, nothing else. I've titled the csv columns with the exact same headings as the outlook contact headings. Still, it imports only the email addresses. What do I need to do to get it to import the full names as well? Is it correct to assume that because you stated that you "titled the csv columns the same as the Outlook contact headings" - that you used "auto-map" to import your data? There is absolutely no reason, benefit or value whatsoever (under any circumstances) in ...

How Can I Tell What Button Was Just Clicked?
I have a bunch of images on the sheet that calls ONE function. Is there a way I can tell which button was clicked within the function? I'd hate to make a function for each image. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ See one technique at your other thread. kenji4861 wrote: > > I have a bunch of images on the sheet that calls ONE function. > > Is there a way I can tell which button was clicked within the > function? > > I'd h...

Does anyone know where I can download EXCEL.MSI?
I am missing my Excel 2002 CD, and can't install Office Update Service Pack 3 without this file. ...

How can I instantly delete emails? I get a strikethrough + purge