Anonymous Access setup

I have a request to turn on anonymous access (MOSS 2007).  We only have one
Site collection and it’s an Intranet that uses Authentication Type; Windows
and Integrated Windows Authentication.  It seems straight forward first
Enable IIS Anonymous Authentication, second Enable anonymous access for the
Web Application needed, turn on anonymous access for list or site. Question:
If I turn on anonymous access without enabling it on any sites or lists will
my users notice anything different?  I assume they will not notice anything.
Next question; if I enable anonymous authentication on a discussion board
will users be able to post anonymous messages even if they are logged on to
SharePoint as themselves?
sharepoint.setup-administratio 225 articles. 0 followers. Follow

If you don't enable anonymous for any specific sites or lists (and so you've
only enabled it for your web application), then users will not see any
difference whatsoever.  The system will fall back to windows authentication,
and everything will behave as before.

Once you enable anonymous for your discussion board, users who have used the
site before will still log in as themselves (windows authentication)
initially.  However, if they sign out and close their browser window, the
next time they visit the site, they will sign in under the anonymous user
account.  Anything they post during that session will be posted anonymously.
They can then click "sign in" to get back into their personal accounts.  They
will NOT be able to post anonymously while logged into their personal
accounts - they have to log out and then re-open their browser window to
access the anonymous account.

-Ryan

"Rob" wrote:

> I have a request to turn on anonymous access (MOSS 2007).  We only have one
> Site collection and it’s an Intranet that uses Authentication Type; Windows
> and Integrated Windows Authentication.  It seems straight forward first
> Enable IIS Anonymous Authentication, second Enable anonymous access for the
> Web Application needed, turn on anonymous access for list or site. Question:
> If I turn on anonymous access without enabling it on any sites or lists will
> my users notice anything different?  I assume they will not notice anything.
> Next question; if I enable anonymous authentication on a discussion board
> will users be able to post anonymous messages even if they are logged on to
> SharePoint as themselves?

Updating 20k+ rows from Excel to access. vbscript? VBA? SQL?
Any suggestions? Some of these rows only need a few columns updated, and others need all of them updated. If possible if say row 800 column 'S' is filled in the access DB but is blank on the excel spreadsheet, if possible i like to keep the existing data in access and over right it with a blank cell. The spreadsheet is a export of the access DB, changes were made/merged from other spreadsheets so the Unique ID is the same and in column A. A script suggestions to complete this? Thanks :) dim dbe dim db dim ssql set dbe = createobj("dao.dbengine.36") set db = dbe.openda...

Mailbox Access
I use Veritas Backup Exec to performa backups of our information stores and user mailboxes. During the course of the backups I get warnings from some mailboxes about e-mails that are corrupt. My question is, how do I get to the e-mail/mailbox level to find out what is wrong with the particular message and if need be, eliminate them? Thanks you. http://mail.tekscan.com/nomailboxes.htm Bill Van Loon wrote: > I use Veritas Backup Exec to performa backups of our information stores and > user mailboxes. During the course of the backups I get warnings from some > mailboxes about e-...

XDocument Exclusive Access
I can successfully do the following: xdocument doc = xdocument.load(... my file); xelement bla = doc.descendants.("it").first(); .... do stuff ... doc.save("myfile"); the above works great. however, i want to interact with the file with exclusive access so that no other files can open it/write to it/etc. while i'm doing stuff with it. i know that there's the normal FileStream.open (etc., fileshare.none), but the xdocument class doesn't take a stream as a constructor. is there any way i can do this without having to use the xmldocument class? Thanks. H...

CRM 3.0
We are getting an error message when clicking to create a new quote or invoice or to look at an existing order or invoice and when clicking on any view to customize it. The error is very generic - "An error has occurred. For more information contact your system administrator." Any suggestions on this? Thanks. Update on error message - This is the URL generated when this error occurred http://hippo.cimbrian.com/_common/error/errorhandler.aspx?errNum=&errMessage=CS1595:+'Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Types.SALES_ORDER_STATE'+is+defined+in+multiple+places;+using+definition...

anonymous method
Hi! Here is a simple example on an anonymous method that works test.myEvent += delegate(object sender, EventArgs e) { Console.WriteLine("Test"); }; How do I write the anonymous method within the EventHandler I have tried here but this gives compile error test.myEvent +=new EventHandler(Console.WriteLine("Test");); //Tony On 3/16/2010 4:11 PM, Tony Johansson wrote: > Hi! > > Here is a simple example on an anonymous method that works > test.myEvent += delegate(object sender, EventArgs e) > { > Console.WriteLine...

provs using outlook to access office web based email
Our tech suggested we use outlook as a more secure means to send and receive mail as we send digital xrays back and forth. He set it up on one office computer, but all users need to access email. How do I set the other machines to use this same process? When users select outlook, they get like an install message. Do I go ahead? I feel silly calling the tech, and every call costs money. Yes, it needs to install. You'll also need to know the email server names to set up the accts. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common ...

Access to Quickbooks
If this isn't the place to post this question, please redirect me. I would like my Access database to be able to "talk" to Quickbooks. (I don't know any other way to phrase that) For example, if I'm keeping track of my inventory with Access, could I link the same information to Quickbooks? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Matt, First off, yes this can be done. Sadly though, it is hard to find examples and help as I have found out. You'll need to download and install the developer's SDK for your version of quickbooks. http://developer.intuit.c...

How do I open "Mail Setup" and/or "User Accounts"?
I am trying to change the Prompt for Profile Options at Login. I was instructed to Open "Mail Setup." I didn't know how to do that, so I clicked "How?" The instructions listed (Click "User Accounts") didn't help me. Where is User Accounts? Any suggestions on how to openor where to find "Mail Setup" and or "User Accounts"? User Accounts is in Windows Control Panel. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thr...

Shared Access: Need ideas for flagging the bosses e-mails
Office 2003 I have shared access to my bosses e-mail. I would like ideas on how we can communciate back and forth on items that have been dealt with or need to follow up on. ...

passwords for access 2007
how do i create username or group with passwords in .accdb. I need some form information protected from some users. I would like to have a checkbox on the main form to allow the other users to access the infomation. Is the possible, getting very confused with the process. Christine, Are you talking about creatig your own? Because ULS was removed from .ACCDB format. -- Gina Whipp 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access) "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors II http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm "Christine&q...

Read Only access to mailbox?
I know that in Active Directory you can grant someon 'Full mailbox access' to another person's mailbox. Can you give Read Only access to another person's mailbox in AD, or do you have to do that through Outlook permissions with delegates or folder permissions? Thanks. On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 08:00:04 -0700, SilverICE <SilverICE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I know that in Active Directory you can grant someon 'Full mailbox access' to >another person's mailbox. Can you give Read Only access to another person's >mailbox in AD, or do you h...

Open Access database through excel
Hey, How can I arrange that when I want to open my access database from another computer, excel opens the correct database that is for example on D:\ or on E:\, so that I don't need to give in the correct address. So for example when I have a map called Thesis that contains my excel file thesis and my access file thesis. This is my code, but I want it to be relative or whatever it's called. thx s_Path = "C:\Documents and Settings\Eigenaar\Mijn documenten\Thesis\thesis" Set DB = OpenDatabase(s_Path) ...

Access is denied
Hi, Sometimes I receive the following Javascript error on the MS CRM 4.0 Web Client Line: 28 Char: 1 Error: Access is denied Code: 0 URL: http://sbssrvr:5555/<orgname>/_root/homepage.aspx?etc=1 When I restart MS CRM 4.0 Web Client, all works fine. Any help is appreciated. Thanks ...

Access a button from another form
Hello, I created the View and Edit two forms. The first form displays all records from a table and second form is for editing the record which includes Add, Save and Delete buttons on it. User could view the record from view form, if the record does not exit, he will add this record through the Edit form. I would like to have a button on the View form, called New, when the user clicks on New button, it will open the Edit form and access the Add button, (provide the same function as the user clicking on the Add button on the Edit form). How could I write code for New button? Thanks! I&...

Requery mulptiple forms Access 2007
I have reviewed a lot of the blogs of requerying multiple subforms and have tried them and have had no luck. I am designing a db for a trucker that wants to keep track of trips along with mileage and revenue. My main form just assigns the trip #. The 2nd subform is for the data entry of the trips including desitnation, miles and revenue. There could be many in one trip so that is why I did it this way. The 3rd subform is to just summarize the miles and revenue. When the miles and revenue is added, the only way it updates on the third form is if I click on the form and hit the ...

Best DB access method
Hi, I would like to write an application which allows users : - to select a DB type (MS SQL, Oracle, ...) - to create DB and users accounts however, i would like to know what is the best method to do that. 1. we can ask to user to create an ODBC system DSN and after in application let user to setup the DSN. 2. directly into application to create a particular module which will allows users to insert all data regarding connection string to DB. Maybe it exists some other solutions but i do not know. Please could you let me know how to make it as much as flexible and professional ? keeping i...

Anonymizing Exchange Emails?
Can this be done? (And i was just asked, we need to know by the end of the day!!!) Yippee!!! Here is what we are looking for. We have two whistle blower email addresses for people to send concerns to the Board of Directors and the CEO of our company. We want, any time an email is sent to these accounts, we want the From field to be removed, so people can report stuff anonymously. Anyone have any thoughts on how to do this? Can it be done? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. aaron I would prob implement this through a web interface which would use a predefined account to send to th...

If then statements in Microsoft Access
Hello. I have a form that has a combo list box that what i want to do is when you change it to different text, to autopopulate a text box with certain info... here is the code i have: Private Sub Combo14_Change() If Me.Approval = "THIS" Then Me.Recipients = "THAT" End If End Sub This appears to do nothing. anybody help me out? Use the After Update event of the combo instead of the change event. Does the combo have more than 1 column, is there a hidden column? Jeanette Cunningham "cyb3rwolf" <cyb3rwolf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Accessing Named Ranges
I'm trying to access some named ranges from with a VBA function. For Example, I've a column of Cells (A3:A12) name "DataIn" In my VBA Function GetData() I have Dim Cell as Range For each Cell in DataIn ' some Code Next Cell Well, this doesn't work. How can I address "DataIn?" Thank you... For each Cell in Range("DataIn").cells the .cells bit might not be necessary -- p45cal *p45cal* ------------------------------------------------------------------------ p45cal's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/...

Outlook Web Access #31
I'm running SBS 2003 with OWA enabled. Everything works great accept I can't see the global address book. How do I make it available to OWA clients? -- Thanks for your help. Kevin In news:5C5FD355-DF32-42D8-8469-8993D00BF57D@microsoft.com, Kevin <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I'm running SBS 2003 with OWA enabled. Everything works great accept > I can't see the global address book. How do I make it available to > OWA clients? OWA works differently than Outlook. When you click on the TO button, you're presented with something to search in. En...

accessing excel from java
where can I obtain the type library for Excel 10 and the javatlb.exe ? ...

Accessing CRM
Hi All, I have a few doubts on CRM that need clarifications, and thought this might be the best place to express. What are all the alternatives we have in accessing CRM Server from the server itself. On a CRM installation with default settings, I know that we can access the server with the url: http://localhost:5555/. My question is, during the installation, do we have the option to opt out of this access method. There are some assemblies (like microsoft.crm.application.pages.dll) that need to be loaded in order to access CRM using the url mentioned above. But this assembly is missin...

Access corrupt files DBF?
Access corrupt files DBF? "Frank Dulk" <fdulk@bol.com.br> wrote: >Access corrupt files DBF? What is your question? I see you're from Brazil. Have you asked your question in the Portuguese Access newsgroup? microsoft.public.pt.access. Tony -- Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP Please respond only in the newsgroups so that others can read the entire thread of messages. Microsoft Access Links, Hints, Tips & Accounting Systems at http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm Tony's Microsoft Access Blog - http://msmvps.com/blogs/access/ "Frank D...

Is it possible? Save anonymous field to anonymous table in Dexterity?
I've obtained data from an xml field by reading it from its position and field name using a couple of functions that I've developed. The problem is, that once we have the data, we want to pass to a form- level or global function or procedure to put the data (by data type) into a table. In this procedure, we get the correct parameters to come in, but once I hit the last line, I get a pleasing crash of Dexterity. I've worked several hours on this using a wide variety of techniques and haven't made headway. I have a couple of fall-back ideas, but I'd like to know if this ...

Global Causing Access Violation
Hi guys, It's easier to explain with code: // MyApp.h #include "MyGen.h" class Generators { public: Generators(){}; ~Generators(){}; public: MyGen* GetGen(){return &m_myGen;} private: MyGen m_myGen; }; extern Generators* IGenerators; // then the MyApp MFC class // MyApp.cpp Generators* IGenerators=NULL; MyApp::MyApp() { // causes access violation IGenerators=new Generators; } What am I doing wrong ? I have a bunch of "generators" that my program uses, some generators use other generators so I thought that was a good way to have access to them from...