After sharepoint3 import from sp2, DNS records incorret?

Hello

We have imported site to Sharepoint 3.0 (SBS2008) from Sharepoint 2.
Now there are some strange occasional DNS lookup errors.
Some pages fail to open but next time there is no problem opening the same
page.

DNS is running on the same local server where Sharepoint. Both have the same
IP in fact..

With nslookup from workstation I noticed that "mycompanyweb" is resolved
correctly while "http:/mycomanyweb" fails.

1. Might there be some (http:// prefix) missing in DNS server?

2. When there is a subsite "mycompanyweb/mydepartment", do we need to
create manually a DNS record to subsite and how it shoul look like?

Thanks!

0
Ronald
3/16/2010 7:55:36 PM
sharepoint.setup-administratio 225 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Importing messages #6

Import and export

Importing data

ranking the records
i have a table like this name dept sales rank ram purchase 230 1 bill purchase 120 2 mol purchase 40 3 steve purchase 24 4 ram logistics 89 1 ram logistics 23 2 bill logistics 12 3 mol logistics 4 4 steve logistics 2 5 I already have the first three columns in one of my tables. I want to create a query which can give me the fourth column the rank column. Rankings change once the dept changes as you could see above. How to create a query to create a new column like rank plea...

excel 97 xml import

Importing JEs through the Table Import

Importing Dynamic data

Button to Export a Record into XML
I have a form setup and I want to have a button you click on that will export the current record displayed to a XML file. Only the current record, and not the entire table. How would I go about this? Create a query that's limited to the single record (make it a parameter query that gets the ID of the current record from your form), and export the query, not the table. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Bombay" <Bombay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C2A44F67-D93C-4C70-88F9-27662B43F92F@microsoft.co...

Importing a CSV file

Import DB from CRM 1.2 to 3.0

importing email

import pdf table

Print all records on a report ONLY IF Invoice NO is same
How do I get all the detail records for the same invoice no. to appear on the same page? Presumably you have 2 tables, such as: - tblInvoice (the header record), with fields: o InvoiceID primary key o ClientID relates to tblClient.Client o InvoiceDate Date/Time - tblInvoiceDetail (the line items), with fields: o InvoiceID relates to tblIvoice.InvoiceID o ProductID relates to tblProduct.ProductID o Quantity Number o PriceEach Currency etc. To create a report that looks like an invoice: 1. Create a query that uses both tables, along with...

Import / date questions
Hi I have imported a lot of email (15,000) from Thunderbird > converted from mbox > .eml - dragged the email into Outlook express and then imported into Outlook2003. All has worked fine ish- but a lot of messages have the "received" field set as todays date / time. If I select the "sent" field that is correct. Is there anyway to reset the date on an email message in outlook (ideally on mass) - what is the difference between the Sent field and the received field ? Thanks Hi Just did a check, and the data in outlook express is correct. Its when I did the impor...

Reapplying SP2 to SBS2003
Due to backupexec 10 lockup problems I am told to reapply SP2 to a R2 server Do I simply download SP2 and run it then update patched Hi: Assuming we are discussing Windows Server 2003 SP2, yes. Download and execute. - Larry Please post the resolution to your issue so others may benefit - Get Your SBS Health Check at www.sbsbpa.com > Due to backupexec 10 lockup problems I am told to reapply SP2 to a R2 > server > > Do I simply download SP2 and run it then update patched > Almost forgot. Like any significant changes to systems, but especial...

Excel 2003

Field missing upon XML import

Previous record in Query
Hello, I have query table wherein it has some calaulated fields. Some of it as follow_ Tonnage Length FromSta ToSta 500 400 1200 1600 300 240 1600 1840 350 270 1840 2110 Length, FromSta & To Sta are calculated fields. How do I get 1600 value in 2nd record of FromSta field from the 1st record of ToSta field and like wise? Andy I assume toSta is given, NOT computed. For the first record, fromSta should also be given. Something like: Tonnage Length FromSta ToSta 500 400 1200 1600 3...

importing a cell value
I need to import a cell values from an un-opened .xls using a variable address ie cell A34 = the location of the .xls on our server (j:\121213\Drafting\Quants\) "105 White Ant" = the name of the .xls B3 = the cell I need to import C6 = value(A34+"105 White Ant"+B3) Any help or advice would be hugely appriciated Sorry I should also have specified that I want to avoid the use of macros. "Kristian G" wrote: > I need to import a cell values from an un-opened .xls using a variable address > ie > cell A34 = the location of the .xls on our ...

Need a utility to import mail to Outlook via print dialog... or some other way to import proprietary messages into Outlook.
Hello, We need to migrate 100s of proprietary PSTs from a little-known mail system to Outlook/Exchange but the file format of the PSTs is binary, proprietary and undocumented. One option is to leave the PSTs and let the users consult them in offline mode forever. The problem there is that they wouldn't be able to reply to or forward the messages, only read or print them. Not very user-friendly, they have GBs of mail in them. Has anyone seen an application which lets you print a message into an Outlook mail message, much like you print to a PDF file? Any other suggestions for workarounds...

Incorrect import of decimal point placement.
I'm using Money 2004 Deluxe. This past week when I imported a QIF file into Money from my financial institution and the decimal point shifted 2 spaces to left in all but 2 entries. Instead of 400.00, the result was 4.00. Has this occurred to anyone? Iv'e been using the software for the past 3 months and this is the first time it had occured. Money or Financial institution problem?? In microsoft.public.money, Martin wrote: >I'm using Money 2004 Deluxe. >This past week when I imported a QIF file into Money from my financial >institution and the decimal point shifted 2 ...