WSS3.0/SSE - What permissions for "Search Center Account" account?

When we install SSE into WSS 3.0, we get to the Search Server Configuration
page and set an account for the Search Center Account.

When we specify an account with administrative privileges (against Microsoft
recommendations), it works. When we specify the same account we use for the
Default Account for Services (again, against Microsoft recommendations, it
fails the Search Center creation task.
With this in mind, what permissions does the account specified for the
application pool account for the Search Center site need to have?

Thanks so much!

------=_NextPart_0001_B8B0B94F

This article talks about WSS\MOSS. It applies the same for SSE also.

In a nutshell,

Application Pool Account & SSP Account -> DBO & Security admin in SQL.
Added in all the sharepoint groups in the server.

Search service account ->Added in all the sharepoint groups in the server.
DBO for the search DB's.

Default content acces account -> Read permission to the whole farm.

Harish K
------=_NextPart_0001_B8B0B94F

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 This article talks about WSS\\MOSS. It applies the same for SSE also.
\par
\par http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc678863.aspx
\par
\par In a nutshell,
\par
\par Application Pool Account & SSP Account -> DBO & Security admin in SQL.
\par Added in all the sharepoint groups in the server.
\par
\par Search service account ->Added in all the sharepoint groups in the server. DBO for the search DB's.
\par
\par Default content acces account -> Read permission to the whole farm.
\par
\par Harish K
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_B8B0B94F--

0
harish
12/25/2009 8:14:40 PM
Thank you Harish, that helped point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

"Harish [MSFT]" wrote:

> This article talks about WSS\MOSS. It applies the same for SSE also.
>
> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc678863.aspx
>
> In a nutshell,
>
> Application Pool Account & SSP Account -> DBO & Security admin in SQL.
> Added in all the sharepoint groups in the server.
>
> Search service account ->Added in all the sharepoint groups in the server.
> DBO for the search DB's.
>
> Default content acces account -> Read permission to the whole farm.
>
> Harish K
------=_NextPart_0001_D11ACBAE

Great! Glad could assit!
------=_NextPart_0001_D11ACBAE

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Great! Glad could assit!
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_D11ACBAE--

0
harish