User message when check out forced

Using WSS 3, I have several document libraries where I have used the settings
to force check out. This works fine when users follow the correct process and
choose Edit document. However, most often (and no matter how many times I
tell them! they just click the hyperlink to open the document. For some users
this throws up a message asking if they want to check out or read only which
is great but others it just opens the documenet in read only, they work on it
and then Save As (using Office 2003) so my Version History is not updated.
Any idea what kicks off the message on some PC's but not others? I think it
is related to the OC rather than the user, thanks for any help.
Sheila

hi,
your version history is not getting updated bcoz of their permissions...if a resouce has only reader permission he can read the document..once he done the changes he can not save it in site ...that document getting saved in his local machine...

please check with them.....

if you still facing the problem let us know

thanks,
Chanti

Sheila D wrote:

User message when check out forced
12-Nov-09

Using WSS 3, I have several document libraries where I have used the settings
to force check out. This works fine when users follow the correct process and
choose Edit document. However, most often (and no matter how many times I
tell them! they just click the hyperlink to open the document. For some users
this throws up a message asking if they want to check out or read only which
is great but others it just opens the documenet in read only, they work on it
and then Save As (using Office 2003) so my Version History is not updated.
Any idea what kicks off the message on some PC's but not others? I think it
is related to the OC rather than the user, thanks for any help.
Sheila

XML into Data Islands Direct from SQL Server 2000
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/e67c85a7-bbaf-4a19-ab8b-bd916321c72a/xml-into-data-islands-dir.aspx
0
chanti
11/13/2009 9:05:41 AM
Hi Chanti

Tx for your response, I understand about the version historyy - what I'm
trying to resolve is why 1 user will click a document link and get a dialog
box asking them to check out and another user won't get a message and the
document will automatically open in read only. Both users in this case have
admin permissions.

Thanks, Sheila

"chanti chanti" wrote:

> hi,
> your version history is not getting updated bcoz of their permissions...if a resouce has only reader permission he can read the document..once he done the changes he can not save it in site ...that document getting saved in his local machine...
>
> please check with them.....
>
> if you still facing the problem let us know
>
> thanks,
> Chanti
>

> Sheila D wrote:
>
> User message when check out forced
> 12-Nov-09
>
> Using WSS 3, I have several document libraries where I have used the settings
> to force check out. This works fine when users follow the correct process and
> choose Edit document. However, most often (and no matter how many times I
> tell them! they just click the hyperlink to open the document. For some users
> this throws up a message asking if they want to check out or read only which
> is great but others it just opens the documenet in read only, they work on it
> and then Save As (using Office 2003) so my Version History is not updated.
> Any idea what kicks off the message on some PC's but not others? I think it
> is related to the OC rather than the user, thanks for any help.
> Sheila

> XML into Data Islands Direct from SQL Server 2000
> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/e67c85a7-bbaf-4a19-ab8b-bd916321c72a/xml-into-data-islands-dir.aspx
> .

Message From Field in Folder
When viewing the list of my new messages, is there a way to see the email address of the sender instead of the alias before I open it? In the From column I see "John". When I open the email I see "John <john@johnsemail.com>". I want to see the "john@johnsemail.com" before I open it so I can tell the difference between emails from "Microsoft Support <yourfu@edifyouopenedthis.com>" and "Microsoft Support <someguywhosreally@microsoft.com>" I am currently using outlook 2002 and 2003 alternately based on my mood. Mike If you ...

how to format :send picture with message: as a default
each time i sent a graphic i must go to the format and click "send picture with message." how do I make this a default so it is there permanently.I am running on a Windows XP and am using Outlook Express for my mail. LYNNY <LYNNY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > each time i sent a graphic i must go to the format and click "send > picture with message." how do I make this a default so it is there > permanently.I am running on a Windows XP and am using Outlook Express > for my mail. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

CDO eMail messages not working from FoxPro since installing KB8929
We installed the Exchange 2000 Update (KB892986) and since then our code that creates CDO eMails errors out with the following message: "OLE IDispatch exception code 0 from CDO.Message.1: The transport lost its connection to the server." We are planning to reverse thes updates over the weekend. Does anyone know a better way around this? ...

multi-user system
Hello Vista is a multi-user system. My PC is used by me, my wife, children, etc etc, we all have out own logon ids & passwords. I am the only Administrator. My son downloads a useful program from the www. He wants me & everyone else to use it. He has a shortcut to the program on his desktop. How does he, or I, copy the shortcut to the other users of my pc ? Thanks KK KRK wrote: > Hello > > Vista is a multi-user system. My PC is used by me, my wife, children, > etc etc, we all have out own logon ids & passwords. I am the only > Ad...

attachments in inbound messages do not decode #2
I have a problem with an exchange 5.5 server (on NT 4 box). All of a sudden message attachments from a specific outside domain do not decode. See below the attachment just shows up has junk. How do you fix this? Other interesting thing if I forward (either internal or external) the message to anyone the attachment works fine. I have searched but haven't found any pertinent ports. Paul ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- > -----Original Message----- > From: Nolan, Pati > Sent: Friday, November 11...

Messages stuck in Queue with status Active and eventually fail.
I have an exchange 2000 server with SP3. The scenario is this; Everything has been functioning great except emailing to AOL, so I setup a smart host to use our ISP's smtp server. Well, they are getting flagged as open relay and the mail is rejected. So I had them setup a reverse dns lookup for our IP so I could send mail directly. I found a site that allows me to check RBL's and we came up good on about 25 of them, so we aren't black listed. Now we can email aol users without any problems, but all of a sudden, I can't get the server to deliver mail to other exchang...

Message Stuck in Outbox to Only One Particular Email Address
Hi: I have Outlook 2007 and have been using it for about 2 months or so. I have encountered a problem with sending emails. I have sent emails to a particular email address (WinTips-Tricks@yahoogroups.com ) and the emails get stuck in the outbox. The CPU usage is very high (about 76%) and the taskbar icon flashes furiously. If I look in the outbox, the email is also doing a staccato flash. At the bottom of Outlook the send says complete, yet the flashing taskbar icon, and flashing email in the outbox remain. After awhile (about 2-3 minutes) this stops, but the email remains in the outbox....

Allow a user to log on as a service as well as a user
I'm doing a blackberry enterprise install and need to allow the admin user for the berry install to log on a service as well. How do i configure the user this way? He is already configured as a admin user. -- Trinidad You configure this (usually) under the Local Security Policy in User Rights. -- Jim McBee Blog - http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com Directory Update - http://www.directory-update.com "nigel" <nigel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0202604E-5164-453F-B16C-FE7F97543FD4@microsoft.com... > I'm doing a blackberry enterprise install...

Help: message "Requesting data from Exchange Server"
Has anyone figure out why we receive the pop-up message "Requesting data from Exchange Server" when we try to open an email in outlook? We are using Exchange 2000. Is there a parameter we can change to fix this issue? "Kenny" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Has anyone figure out why we receive the pop-up >message "Requesting data from Exchange Server" when we >try to open an email in outlook? We are using Exchange >2000. > >Is there a parameter we can change to fix this issue? Depends to a greater or lesser extent ...

infratructure for 2500 users CRM
I am a Microsoft Partener from Romania and I would like to know how many CRM Servers is necesary for 2500 users. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=ae96447d...

Can't check autofilter
I have problem about filters. I can't use filters by checking in box in Autofilter Menu (in red box in the picture) but I can use other filters normally. I don't know how it happen but I want to use it again. Please help me. [image: http://www.uppic.net/ip/12problem.jpg] -- jatupal ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jatupal's Profile: http://www.citrixguide.com2235 View this thread: http://www.citrixguide.com/showthread.php?t=63821 ...

Messages stuck in Outbox + Heavy CPU load Outlook 2007
Hi, I am using Outlook 2007 with Windows Vista Ultimate. I have a very annoying problem. On a random messages, Outlook "decides" that a certain message will not leave the outbox whatsoever, even if I will write the same message again and again. It happens usually with attachments (usually small ones) but not always. This is what is happening usually: I am writing the message as usual, and trying to send it. In the lower corner, Outlook informs that send/receive was completed successfully but the message remains in the outbox, and somehow blinks a little (if I can describe it ...

Listing Activesynce users
Is there a way to list the users who are actually using Activesync? I can get a list of all the devices but have not run across a method of seeing if they are actually sending and reciveing mail. Thanks. Jeff In news:Oi0wwKTaGHA.1204@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl, Jeff Senter <jsenter@erols.com> typed: > Is there a way to list the users who are actually using Activesync? I > can get a list of all the devices but have not run across a method of > seeing if they are actually sending and reciveing mail. > > Thanks. > > Jeff Check out http://www.microsoft.com/downloads...

Allow users to edit range ERROR
Hello, I've a problem, I have a macro in my sheet that custom sort by hitting a box. Now I want to allow users to edit range so I have to protect my sheet. When I do this thing, my macro said there's an error in it. How can I allow users to edit range and my macra still working. Can anyone help me and let my know how??? Thanks Please post your macro 'Sub...End Sub) HTH -- AP <blommerse@saz.nl> a �crit dans le message de news: 1151413348.876416.287750@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > > I've a problem, I have a macro in my sheet that custom sort by...

Creating a new default message template
I have a email template that I want to make the default. In other words, when you click on New to create a new email, I want the message template that I have created to come up as the default. Does anyone know how to do this? What you are proposing is a very bad idea. Using a custom form as the = default for new messages will guarantee that non-Outlook recipients = won't be able to read attachments you send.=20 I'd suggest that you back up and explain what functionality you were = hoping to add by changing the message form, and in what version of = Outlook.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, ...

Outlook message bodies Blank
When I open my email in outlook the body is empty. I seem to remember somethig about my AVG doing something. Any Ideas how to fix this? Thanks Disable the email scanning feature in your anti-virus software. (For example, in AVG, uncheck certify under the email scanning settings.) You'll still be protected by its other features and by Outlook's own security, and new messages shouldn't lose their bodies. Messages you've already received, though, can't be repaired. Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX http://w...

User can not acces from home the EXchange server
Currently we allow our users to access there email VIA the web using http:yayaya.com/exchange. however one of my user's is unable to log in this way. On-site using outlook he has no problem but when he try's entering his login name and password via the web he gets a message saying username and password are incorrect. For some reason it will not validate his information. Can someone please point me in the right direction. Thanks ...

'Signature for new messages' which won't work
Hi, I have Outlook 2003 and if I go to Tools>Options>Mail Format I see I can choose a signature for new messages. I have 3 e-mail accounts set up, and have set a new message signature for each one, e.g.: 1) Home > Sig 1 (default) 2) Work > Sig 2 3) Play > Sig 3 However when I try to create a new e-mail message, it seems impossible to automatically start a new e-mail using my Work or Play accounts, and therefore have the signature automatically entered. So what is the point of this feature if there is no way to use it? I'm sure I'm missing so...

Slightly O.T.
Exchange 2003 on Small Business Server 2003 Premium, ISP hosted external email, dynamic IP through DYNDNS.com ========================== Our Director is on a road trip; called me after the first day to say he is not getting any emails. Checked with the ISP, they said "everything looks fine on our end". Re-checked my account at DYNDNS.com and at NetworkSolutions.com - the MX records haven't changed - and all the rest of us are unaffected. Found he can send OK, just can't receive. Checked the ISP's mail IP and our domain at DNSReports.com and DNSStuff.com - all lo...

Not able to view activities
Hi, I have a MS CRM 3.0 VPC running. I have allocated 1GB memory as recommended. However, whenever I try opening Activities(any entity for that matter), it is throwing an error dialog "An error has occured. For more information, contact you system administrator." I checked the event viewer, but there is no information about any error/exception. I searched for the CRM log, but couldn't locate it. Pls help me fix this issue. Thanks and Regards, Mahalax. ...

Still recieving e-mail for deleted users
We are receiving e-mails for users that were been deleted from our server years ago. Does anyone know how to block these e-mails. We have a SPAM program that allows you to blacklist but it does not stop the messages from coming through. Create ea distribution list containing no members, but which has all the long-gone users' smtp addresses. This is called a blackhole DL. Exchange will accept the mail but silently drop it - no NDRs, no storage. -- hth, SusanV "RB" <pr@epley-pr.com> wrote in message news:574a01c40071$05a154a0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > We are receiving...

Check box question 04-23-07
I have a form with a check box used to indicate if a receipt is voided or not. What I'm trying to do is go to a new record after the checkbox is marked. I have the following code in place and it works. Kinda. The problem is that if I then go back and UNCHECK the check box, it sends me to a new record again. Here's the code: Private Sub Check43_AfterUpdate() If Ckeck43 = Yes Then DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec Thanks for any help! End Sub The following works fine for me. If Me.Check3 = True Then DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec so try If Ckeck43 = True Then DoCmd.GoToRecor...

user profiles
i need to know all the details who sign me up and the time it was created and last visited. user profiles wrote: >i need to know all the details who sign me up and the time it was > created and last visited. Is this on OneNote? Could you pls explain a little bit what you are after? Rainald ...

User Entity
Hi, I was wondering how others keep the User records in CRM updated with the Active Directory information like phone numbers, etc. Has anyone written a Windows Script to take this action or are you using other methods? Thank you ...

Creating users via powershell
I am using the windows powershell cmdlets to set up new users automatically in AD 2003. I am particularly using the cmdlets from quest such get-qaduser and new-qaduser. To setup bulk number of users I have to setup a csv file and then import them into the script. The script is below: #Get-UserGroups.ps1 #sample CSV heading # "Name,Firstname,Lastname,SAMAccountname,Telephone,Office,Department,Title,City,Company" $file="C:\employees.csv" if ((Get-Item $file -ea "silentlycontinue" ).exists) { Import-Csv $file | ForEach-Object { ...