Sharepoint services, Infopath and Excel formulas

I created a form in Infopath and pulled the information into a list in
Sharepoint.  when i import becasue of the design of the form  I am getting
multiple reponses which are being stored in one cell. I need to count the
number of responses.
e.g.       Column 1                 Column 2                  Column 3
             Not applicable         Yes                          Not
applicable
Row 1     Yes                        No                           Not
applicable
               No                        Not applicable           Not
applicable
            Not applicable          Yes                          Not
applicable

All 4 responses are in one cell. How do I calculate how many cells have
"yes" and/ or "no" in them. The answer I am looking for here is 2. I need a
formula that can work in a sharepoint calculated column.

Please help!!!

Aliba

Can you update
I have created a query with a list of clients to call today, then exported to excel. This list contains fields that need to be updated in acess after the calls have been made. Instead of updating each record manually, I would like to upload the spreadsheet with the updated data back into access. I can't see how to update the records instead of appending new records. Thanks in advance JMuniz If the "records" have unique identifiers, you could use an "Update" query instead of an "Append" query. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "Am...

Sharepoint
Does anybody knows if Microsoft Sharepoint works with a Mac. If it does, are there any limitations? Thank you. Denis Yep, it works fine if you use a Mozilla browser (Firefox/Camino). Won't work well with Safari. -Rick denis wrote: > Does anybody knows if Microsoft Sharepoint works with a Mac. If it > does, are there any limitations? > Thank you. > Denis ...

Excel #67
Where in Microsoft can I download and Excel update called SR1 or SR2. I need this for a QuickBooks Payroll link. What version of Excel do you have? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=5c011c70-47d0-4306-9fa4-8e92d36332fe&displaylang=en or http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=85af7bfd-6f69-4289-8bd1-eb966bcdfb5e&displaylang=en the former 2000, the latter 2002 -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) "KJ" <blueeyes1484@hotmail.com> wrote...

Access2007 in Sharepoint
If i put an access2007 mdb on sharepoint, does everyone has to have the same version of access to use the mdb? On Dec 11, 1:24 pm, casper <cas...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > If i put an access2007 mdb on sharepoint, does everyone has to have the same > version of access to use the mdb? My impression is not really. or at least not if you don't want a frequently corruped database. Access can look at and access and link to sharepoint tables/views HOWEVER I have found it to be horribly slow. I have written a couple of apps that pulled info from sharepoint and the best w...

Limits to selections in Autofilter drop-down? (Excel 2000)
In this instance, I'm working with a large spreadsheet (~55K records). The user wants to be able to select either a vendor name or a tax-identification number (TIN) from the autofilter drop down list. However, not all of the selections which exist in the worksheet appear in the drop-down list. The number of unique vendors and TINs probably approaches the total number of records in the worksheet. As a work- around, I've suggested to the user that they first filter on a field that has a small number (~50) of unique values, then to filter on TIN or vendor. Is there a known ...

Outlook contacts distribution lists to sharepoint users
I need to get an outlook contact list / distribution list into sharepoint as a user group - can you provide steps on how to do this? thx I dont think its possible to use outlook contacts as a user group in sharepoint. The max you can do is sync calendars from outlook with sharepoint. Regards, Vaibhav Desai ...

Excel Speadsheets
We just installed Office 2007 on our pc's. In Excel 2003 if someone was in the spread sheet it would bring up a "read only" box listing the name of the person that was in the spreadsheet. 2007 just says "another user" is in it. Is there a way to change that to show the name of the user? The users names already show on thier own pc's in Office. ...

Excel Userform
I need help on getting my userform data into an Excel sheet. I have the nextrow macro but need to be able to have the userform data enter into specific cells or fields on an Excel spreadsheet. Any suggestions? Thanks! There are instructions for a sample UserForm here, including getting the data into worksheet cells: http://www.contextures.com/xlUserForm01.html CC wrote: > I need help on getting my userform data into an Excel sheet. I have the > nextrow macro but need to be able to have the userform data enter into > specific cells or fields on an Excel spreadsheet. > Any su...

EOF in Excel VBA
Hi Everyone, I have recorded a macro that will pivot some data. Each month I get a fresh batch of data that needs to be pivoted in the same way. Each month though the amount of records increases, although the format stays the same, so at the moment I go into the VBA code and change the number of rows that excel with pivot tom allow for the new number of records. Is it possible to uise some code code to tell excel to look untill there are no more records to know how much data to pivot. I don't know a great deal about VBA just stuff I've picked up along the way so I won't ...

Sharepoint
I am createing an application that may, one day, if all goes well be put on Sharepoint for multiple users in different locations to use. Do i just proceed as normal or are there certain steps i should take in the design in order to ensure success if we put it up on sharepoint? thanks. ...

Maintaing Font with formulas
I have developed a concantenation, but in the new cell it does not maintain the font of the data from the originals (ie, it is a concantanation of names, and the last names are a larger font and different color than the first). In the new cell where they are combined, it is all the same font. In addition, the time column, when added to the formula cell reads as a decimel. Please help You can't format from a formula; perhaps something like this might do instead: F_Name L_Name Time John Smith 06:30 Data on row 2. formula: =A2&" "&UPPER(B2)&" "&TEXT...

Excel
Whenever I open a document, and try to Save it as something else (File>Save As), nothing comes up. The save as box doesn't come up and neither does an error message. I have tried reinstalling, but that didn't work. Joby From a post by Dave Peterson............. There was a virus that affected the File|Save, File|SaveAs and File|Open. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308360 OFF2000: Error Messages Caused by Nimda Virus When You Open or Save Files in Office Programs maybe you got hit. If this isn't it, do you get error messages? And you may want to try reset...

Sharepoint and GP
At Convergence this year there was a session about GP and Sharepoint (it was GP12 -- How Microsoft Dynamics GP Helps Save You Money with Microsoft Office Sharepoint) and John Dooley gave a demo of some workflow that was between GP and Sharepoint. A customer was created in GP and it would automatically send a business alert to Sharepoint to create a folder for that customer. Was anyone else here sitting in or know about how he did that? I know how to do the alert, of course, and I have a rudimentary understanding of the workflow in WSS 3, but how do the two talk to each other so it makes the ...

How to look up each Excel workbook raw in another.
Hi, I'm wondering which platform or programming method is suitable for my usage, Excel VBA, Access VBA or SQL query, even Sharepoint Server feature? I have to look up each agent record of Excel workbook A in workbook B for the corresponding customer detail. Below is the column lists of workbook A and B. The columns of Workbook A is a sub-set of the columns of Workbook B which have the same names. Workbook A columns (has around 500 raws): Day, Agent name, Agent performance; Workbook B columns (has around 5000 raws): Day, Agent name, Record ID, Customer record. Appre...

Windows 7, MS Project, or Sharepoint which to get first
We are planning on getting all 3 but were wondering what questions to ask as to which to get first to start development with. Project Server runs on sharepoint, so you if you are using project server you need sharepoint. Project can run on windows vista, etc. so Windows 7 would not be a requirement. Of course if you want to use project you need to get project too... Sharepoint requires some sort of operating system, so if you have none then you need to buy something - and windows server would be a good starting point. What are you planning to develop? -Jack "chaz...

excel 97 vs excel 2003
Hello, Every month I extract some data out of a database, work with it in Excel, then save it as a Tab Delimited file to later be exported to yet another database. This month I upgrade my Excel from 97 to 2003 and all of a sudden my little process is not working correctly. If I use Excel 2003 but save the file as type: "Microsoft Excel 5.0/95 workbook" and then create my tab delimited file, then my import will work as usual without errors. If I use Excel 2003 and save it as an Excel 2003 file, and then save it as a tab delimited file, then it will NOT work. It's behaving like ...

use a formula to reference a named range
Say I have the following dynamic named ranges (12 per year, but here are three): TERR_2004 CAT_2004 MONTH_2004 TERR_2003 CAT_2003 MONTH_2003 and so on and so on back to 1999 Lets say in cell A2 is Data validation list with the years 1999-2004 Is it possible to put a formula in cell B2 that would be able to reference the appropriate dynamic range based on the year value in A2? I did a google search on the indirect() function, but I am unfamiliar with that function and was not able to get any of the examples to work. I am hoping this is possible as the only other options I see is trying to...

sharepoint backup and restores on sbs 2998
I have the correct registry entries for SharePoint Services 3.0 backup according to the technet documentation; however, SharePoint does not appear as an application on the restore application wizard, only Exchange which is also in the registry. Any clues to how to get SharePoint restore to show up, and more importantly, to know if it is actually being backed up properly? Hi Larry, Backup Methods for WSS 3.0 in SBS 2008 http://blogs.technet.com/b/asksbs/archive/2008/10/01/backup-methods-for-wss-3-0-in-sbs-2008.aspx -- Merv Porter [SBS-MVP] ===========================...

Why does Excel in XP create new files?
Excel adds duplicate files - Assist Log (2).xle, asssits Log (3).xls. Why? Can I make this stop. It appears all the files are identical - so if I just delete the extra files will I be losing any data? hi, I think this is something new in xl relating to thier file recovery during a GPF shutdown. but i keep getting it even without a GPF. when i save, excel will just up and ask me which file i want to save leaveing me sitting there asking "what do you mean which file. i only have one." it's getting anoying. >-----Original Message----- >Excel adds duplicate files - ...

Chasing formulas
I have a workbook of several daily reports. There is a summary sheet that I wish to reference the last daily report even when I add one on. Is there a "Last Sheet" function I can use? -- Curious Check this out, Don. It should be exactly what you need. http://www.officearticles.com/excel/sum_the_same_cell_in_multiple_microsoft_excel_worksheets.htm ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "DonB" <DonB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C604CF93-C6BE-4068-A5BC-FB5C9FF0E49B@microsoft.com... >I have a workbook of several daily reports. There ...

Vertical Indent in Excel 2002
Please help me to create Vertical Indent in Excel 2000 or 2002 because the border line are very near to the text given in a table, it looks very congested in the gap between lines and text when we use auto fit to rows option. there is any solution for this please help me i want to know the option. No such feature as Vertical Indent. You can use Alt + Enter to provide a line feed at top and bottom of cell. Select a cell then hit Alt + Enter Type the text you need then hit Alt + Enter then Enter. This will give you a blank line at top and bottom. Gord Dibben MS Exc...

Help with excel
Hi, people. My excel is rusty and I wondered if anyone here can help before I check at the Excel newsgroup. I have a new project and I'm setting up tasks in a spreadsheet. I want to have a date in the corner that is captioned: Days to deadline. I googled but can't make the answers work right. I tried this formula and get an error that says #NUM! =DateDif(now(),11/1/2005,"d") I can do it this way but it's stupid. Why waste a1 and a2? =DateDif(a1, a2, "D") What am I doing wrong? Thanks for the help! -- Hugs, Erika Erika Why would you ask for help with ...

EXCEL
Everytime I hit my "tab" key, it tab all the way down to the right end of the spreadsheet instead of going to the next right hand column. How do I fix this? Tools, Options, Transition keys, turn off all Lotus 1-2-3 transition aids -- --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "J P" <jpaningbatan@shorenstein.com> wrote in message news:c2bf01c381ee$c1e4e930$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Everytime I hit m...

sharepoint product version vs Sharepoint schema version?
I've new to Sharepoint, and I've been googling sharepoint product versions and schema versions, and I am confused... http://blogs.msdn.com/shaden/archive/2008/01/10/migrated-to-sp1-checking-your-database-schema-version.aspx based on the above page, it sounds like the sharepoint product version should be the same as the schema version, but even within that page the versions are not all the same: I see "12.0.0.4518", 12.0.4518.1016..., where even the 3rd positions are not the same. Then when I google other sites, they refer to version 3.0 of the schema and vers...

sharepoint central administration page is opening so late ( 8 minu
servers configuration Application server 4 GB RAM 2.6 GHz processor and same with database server I have installed EPM 2007 server in two virtual machines . in which one is application server and other is database server . but after installation . whenever i try to open central administration page . it is opening so late atleast 8 minutes and then show error "Unexpected Error Occurs" and then when i refresh the page then it will open correct and working properly . the same behaviour is with Personal web access page. Kindly tell me what is the problem . why ...