Sharepoint 2010 upates: Visit codebanking.com regularly

Play sharepoint sharepoint quiz and puzzle

Get updates on sharepoint 2010

New to sharepoint then visit http://mosshelper.weebly.com
0
codebanking

Sharepoint
Does anybody knows if Microsoft Sharepoint works with a Mac. If it does, are there any limitations? Thank you. Denis Yep, it works fine if you use a Mozilla browser (Firefox/Camino). Won't work well with Safari. -Rick denis wrote: > Does anybody knows if Microsoft Sharepoint works with a Mac. If it > does, are there any limitations? > Thank you. > Denis ...

MFC/COM Code Compiling but Link Cannot Find Exposed Interface Methods
I am new to COM and, unfortunately, studying from a somewhat dated text. For the most part I have been able to reason my way around challenges but have run into a dead end currently. The sample code compiles but fails during linking with the following two errors; LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _IID_IQuotation Fortune3.obj LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _IID_IFortuneTeller Fortune3.obj I'm on a Win2K machine using Visual Studio 2005 with unmanaged C++. I suspect the problem is with the C++ name mangling but don't know how to circumvent it. The COM methodology is s...

Access2007 in Sharepoint
If i put an access2007 mdb on sharepoint, does everyone has to have the same version of access to use the mdb? On Dec 11, 1:24 pm, casper <cas...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > If i put an access2007 mdb on sharepoint, does everyone has to have the same > version of access to use the mdb? My impression is not really. or at least not if you don't want a frequently corruped database. Access can look at and access and link to sharepoint tables/views HOWEVER I have found it to be horribly slow. I have written a couple of apps that pulled info from sharepoint and the best w...

Using MSN.COM
Hi to All, I just set up a DSL connection through Qwest using MSN as my ISP. I cannot send any email using my Outlook mail program. How do I set up my MSN.COM account in potlook so as not to use the MSN web based mail system and have it treat the MSN.COM account as any other? Thanks in advance for the help. ALex Alex <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just set up a DSL connection through Qwest using MSN as > my ISP. I cannot send any email using my Outlook mail > program. What symptoms do you see? > How do I set up my MSN.COM account in potlook >...

Outlook contacts distribution lists to sharepoint users
I need to get an outlook contact list / distribution list into sharepoint as a user group - can you provide steps on how to do this? thx I dont think its possible to use outlook contacts as a user group in sharepoint. The max you can do is sync calendars from outlook with sharepoint. Regards, Vaibhav Desai ...

Where have Styles gone in Publisher 2010
Hi, In Publisher 2007 there was a navigation bar that allowed you to set colour schemes, master pages, etc. One of the options was Styles. It gave you a list of all the styles in the publication and you could apply them by just highlighting text and clicking on the chosen style. If you updated the style, all the text it applied to was automatically updated. For the life of me I can't find this in Publisher 2010. If it's there it's certainly not clear and I hope the functionality hasn't been removed. Can anyone help? Dominic <dominic.martin@dtrack.com> wrote in messag...

Sharepoint
I am createing an application that may, one day, if all goes well be put on Sharepoint for multiple users in different locations to use. Do i just proceed as normal or are there certain steps i should take in the design in order to ensure success if we put it up on sharepoint? thanks. ...

Sharepoint and GP
At Convergence this year there was a session about GP and Sharepoint (it was GP12 -- How Microsoft Dynamics GP Helps Save You Money with Microsoft Office Sharepoint) and John Dooley gave a demo of some workflow that was between GP and Sharepoint. A customer was created in GP and it would automatically send a business alert to Sharepoint to create a folder for that customer. Was anyone else here sitting in or know about how he did that? I know how to do the alert, of course, and I have a rudimentary understanding of the workflow in WSS 3, but how do the two talk to each other so it makes the ...

Windows 7, MS Project, or Sharepoint which to get first
We are planning on getting all 3 but were wondering what questions to ask as to which to get first to start development with. Project Server runs on sharepoint, so you if you are using project server you need sharepoint. Project can run on windows vista, etc. so Windows 7 would not be a requirement. Of course if you want to use project you need to get project too... Sharepoint requires some sort of operating system, so if you have none then you need to buy something - and windows server would be a good starting point. What are you planning to develop? -Jack "chaz...

sharepoint backup and restores on sbs 2998
I have the correct registry entries for SharePoint Services 3.0 backup according to the technet documentation; however, SharePoint does not appear as an application on the restore application wizard, only Exchange which is also in the registry. Any clues to how to get SharePoint restore to show up, and more importantly, to know if it is actually being backed up properly? Hi Larry, Backup Methods for WSS 3.0 in SBS 2008 http://blogs.technet.com/b/asksbs/archive/2008/10/01/backup-methods-for-wss-3-0-in-sbs-2008.aspx -- Merv Porter [SBS-MVP] ===========================...

Date of 1/14/2010 and on not working in form
I have a form that we have been using, successfully for about two years. On the form, I have a section with 3 text boxes. Textbox 1 (REPORTINGstart) is a date data type with mm/dd/yyyy as the format. Textbox 2 (REPORTINGend) is a date data type with mm/dd/yyyy as the format. Textbox 3 is a straight text textbox titled PHASE. The way the form works, if a date is entered in the start text box and not the end text box, the PHASE is IN PROGRESS. If there are dates in both the start and end text boxes, the PHASE is complete. The SQL statement in the PHASE text box is: =IIf([t...

sharepoint product version vs Sharepoint schema version?
I've new to Sharepoint, and I've been googling sharepoint product versions and schema versions, and I am confused... http://blogs.msdn.com/shaden/archive/2008/01/10/migrated-to-sp1-checking-your-database-schema-version.aspx based on the above page, it sounds like the sharepoint product version should be the same as the schema version, but even within that page the versions are not all the same: I see "12.0.0.4518", 12.0.4518.1016..., where even the 3rd positions are not the same. Then when I google other sites, they refer to version 3.0 of the schema and vers...

sharepoint central administration page is opening so late ( 8 minu
servers configuration Application server 4 GB RAM 2.6 GHz processor and same with database server I have installed EPM 2007 server in two virtual machines . in which one is application server and other is database server . but after installation . whenever i try to open central administration page . it is opening so late atleast 8 minutes and then show error "Unexpected Error Occurs" and then when i refresh the page then it will open correct and working properly . the same behaviour is with Personal web access page. Kindly tell me what is the problem . why ...

Does CRM user sharepoint?
We are running MSCRM 1.2 with Small Business Server 2003. Do you know if the CRM uses Sharepoint? We have a sharepoint service running on the box and we don't know why. Thanks. CRM 1.2 does not use sharepoint. Kind regards, -- Ronald Lemmen Avanade Netherlands "outasight" wrote: > We are running MSCRM 1.2 with Small Business Server 2003. Do you know if the > CRM uses Sharepoint? We have a sharepoint service running on the box and we > don't know why. Thanks. > > The reason why Sharepoint is running is probably because it's set up to run...

GP10 and Sharepoint
Has anyone used GP10 and Sharepoint together without using Business Portal? We are looking at purchasing the HR module for GP and would like to create an employee self-service using Sharepoint. Do you think this is possible? It's definitely possible. BP offers functionality out of the box for employee self-service. But, you can build your own website using SharePoint. Out of curiosity, why are you trying to roll your own? -- Charles Allen, MVP "Jeanenne" wrote: > Has anyone used GP10 and Sharepoint together without using Business Portal? > We are looking at pur...

Quicken 2010 initial impressions
Well, I downloaded it this morning and it imported everything pretty much flawlessly. I haven't had time to check everything out but was able to sync all my accounts except for Compass Bank, which gives me the error OL301 that I am using incompatible software. I think it is probably Compass's fault but their online help is closed today. I had to do something called webconnect with one bank, so will have to see what I think of that. Fidelity, American Express, Chase, and Bank of America are working great. I did have to clear out some duplicate transactions after doing initial...

sharepoint
How do I get Excel Charts into sharepoint? You can only place pivot tables or graphs with an office web part. For a simple excel graph you need to convert it to .jpg file and publish it as web content. "chaskiv" <chaskiv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:66BC4DEB-FCC9-4791-9F5E-023E0021C87A@microsoft.com... > How do I get Excel Charts into sharepoint? This was a simple processs in Excel 2003: 1. Create chart and do "Save as Web Page." 2. Click on the "Selection: Chart" radio button. 3. Set your file name and location, then click &...

Output to macro to sharepoint
Hi all i need help please, Using Access 2000 and up I have an update macro that is doing update to tables and produces a report that normally gets printed out. Now i need to stop printing reports and distribute them electronically. My idea is to have them in SNapshot format and push them to a SharePoint library. I have tried this several times and get 'The report snapshot was not created because you don't have enough free disk space for temporary work files'. It then goes on to tell me to empty my recycle bin. I have done a disk clean and nothing changed. Is it that i can't sa...

Multiple websites, codebases, versioning, com interop, httpmodule
Hi... We've got a fair pile of .net code supporting our ASP.Net side. Some of our C# objects are also exposed through COM interop (to talk to our old ISAPI filters and legacy asp code). Recently I was asked to see what it would take to run multiple versions of our code on a single box - both for development ease and migration flexibility. Seemed to me that we needed to start differentiating our assembly versions between builds. I've got 2 builds of 2 different release trees built and set up as different websites in IIS 7. Our software is built to say one tre...

Exchange 2010 reverse lookup
We just transitioned from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010. On the 2003 box we had enabled the reverse DNS lookup setting. It allowed us to send email to certain domains that did a reverse lookup. Now since we moved to 2010, we are back in the same boat as before. Can someone tell me how to enable DNS reverse lookup on a single Exchange 2010 server. Yes we have a PTR from our ISP BUT we are still getting emails bounced. Enabling reverse lookup on your server helps control spam sent to you, not mail you send out. I don't believe Exchange provides reverese DNS lookup ...

Outlook Express not connecting to msnews.microsoft.com
I am trying to connect to the Microsoft Newsgroups at msnews.microsoft.com using outlook express 6 on Windows XP. However, it is saying "could not connect to the server". This is when the net connection is working alright and i am sending this message through the same connection using web based discussion forum interface. S N wrote: > I am trying to connect to the Microsoft Newsgroups at > msnews.microsoft.com using outlook express 6 on Windows XP. > However, it is saying "could not connect to the server". > This is when the net connection is working alright...

Sharepoint Folders and Libraries
I tried to use network location in Vista and map it to a Sharepoint library. I got an error message that the folder could not be found. The library and folder does exist. In XP, I was able to map the document library with no problem. ...

Problem with sharepoint web part / authentification
I receive this error when displaying the active accounts view in sharepoint: An error has occurred. This Web part could not be displayed. ERROR [28000] [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'. Setup: 1 Windows 2003 server with SQL. 1 Windows 2003 server with CRM, Sharepoint 2.0. (tried Sharepoint 3.0, same error). Latest web part. I tried lots of steps written in numerous logs or microsoft technet docs without succes. I would appreciate some help, i'm totally stuck. ...

WebBrowser COM object leaks -- any fixes or alternatives?
Hi, After tons of checks with .NET and MFC apps, I've came to realise that the WebBrowser COM object leaks, and will not release memory it is using until closed -- pretty much like any other IE window will do. In my application (a one used as an interface to an archive we have), I'm using this object to display a very simple HTML pages, with a simple layout and a few images (5 images for 100-150 files, so there are no many), with links to each other. Do you know of a fix to this leak? Or, do you know of any alternate way to display HTML files with almost no object within them, ...

Office SharePoint Server 2007, Office SharePoint Server Search
Hi Team, I am installing a fresh MOSS 2007 on three servers farm+ DB server. Installation went well I started Office SharePoint Search Index service on server A and I wanted to start Office SharePoint Server Search Query serice on server "B", i am getting this error. "An unhandled exception occurred in the user interface. Exception information:Unable to connect to remote server" This is a 64bit software I am using and the servers are all 64 bit. Can someone help me in this regard. -- Thanks in Advance Sandeep Thoppil HI Sandeep, Is this a b...