SharePoint 2007 Alerts

Alerts on out SharePoint 2007 server have been working for well over a year.

On Monday, alerts stopped coming through on our "EmployeePortal" site.
Alerts do come through from the same server from the "BusinessPortal" site.

- Newly created alerts do send the "You have successfully created an alert
for..."
  message from the "EmployeePortal" site.
- Alerts do come through from the same server for a different web app/site
  collection.
- Both "EmployeePortal" and "BusinessPortal" have the same outgoing email
  settings.
- I have stopped and restarted the time service and done an iisreset. No help.
- I have done a reboot ot this server and the separate SQL 2005 server . No
help.
- No SharePoint restores or recent changes. I am the admin and I was out last
  week. All Alerts were working until Monday in the early afternoon.

I have one unusual Event log message that keeps repeating. Not sure if it is
related or not. In looking, I noticed that these errors have occurred for
over a month.
    Source: Windows SharePoint Services
    Category: Database
    Event ID: 3351
    "SQL database login failed. Additional error information from SQL Server
is
    included below.
    Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'."

Ideas?

------=_NextPart_0001_B571776E

Was there any password change recentlty? Check what is the account the
Sharepoint timer service account is running.

Are the initial alerts (like when you create a document you will get an
first email), working? Mostly it may be due to the service accounts not in
sync, run the steps in KB934838.

Harish K
------=_NextPart_0001_B571776E

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Was there any password change recentlty? Check what is the account the Sharepoint timer service account is running.
\par
\par Are the initial alerts (like when you create a document you will get an first email), working? Mostly it may be due to the service accounts not in sync, run the steps in KB934838.
\par
\par Harish K
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_B571776E--

0
harish
2/12/2010 10:09:47 PM
I can be sure that none of these were changes, as I would have had to do it, and I did not.
SharePoint Timer Service is running on a AD account. I have stopped and restarted it without change. Keep in mind that another site collection on the same server still works. One SharePoint Timer Service for the server, so that is not likely the cause.
0
DavidM
2/12/2010 11:25:53 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_C9BFAE1B

Please review all these steps in this article.

http://blogs.technet.com/harikumh/archive/2008/05/25/troubleshooting-alerts.
aspx

Check if the event cache & event log table are getting properly updated.
One quick suggesstion may be to detacth\attach the content DB.

Harish K
------=_NextPart_0001_C9BFAE1B

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Please review all these steps in this article.
\par
\par http://blogs.technet.com/harikumh/archive/2008/05/25/troubleshooting-alerts.aspx
\par
\par Check if the event cache & event log table are getting properly updated. One quick suggesstion may be to detacth\\attach the content DB.
\par
\par Harish K
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_C9BFAE1B--

0
harish
2/16/2010 8:47:58 PM
I opened a case with Microsoft and it looks like we have resolved the issue.
We are monitoring to make sure.

There appears to have been some weird cross-talk between the production and
test MOSS servers. They have worked side-by-side without problem for years.

The TimerLock table showed a lock, on production, by the test SQL
server(?!). Shutting down the test MOSS and SQL servers, then restarting the
production MOSS server cleared the timerlock and reset it to show the MOSS
server as the "LockedBy" server. Alerts started coming through ok after that.
Even after the test servers were brought back up, all looks ok.

"Harish [MSFT]" wrote:

> Please review all these steps in this article.
>
> http://blogs.technet.com/harikumh/archive/2008/05/25/troubleshooting-alerts.
> aspx
>
> Check if the event cache & event log table are getting properly updated.
> One quick suggesstion may be to detacth\attach the content DB.
>
> Harish K
------=_NextPart_0001_CEAB1824

Great! Good thing SP2010 you can choose you're own timer lock server!

Harish K
------=_NextPart_0001_CEAB1824

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Great! Good thing SP2010 you can choose you're own timer lock server!
\par
\par Harish K
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_CEAB1824--

0
harish

Recording Transactions (NOOB Alert)
I have MS Money 2005. I've set up my current and credit card accounts. When I make a payment to the credit card it is not reducing the balance but increasing it. eg, transactions totalling =A3500 of debt. I make payment by transfer from current account of =A3500, current account reduces by =A3500, credit card account shows =A31,000. What am I doing wrong? In microsoft.public.money, Slatz wrote: >I have MS Money 2005. > >I've set up my current and credit card accounts. > >When I make a payment to the credit card it is not reducing the >balance but increasing it...

When are the Microsoft Calendars for 2006-2007 SY available
We start our school year July 17, 2006. I would prefer to use some of the educational materials from your download section, attendance sheets, calendars, etc. but need 2006-2007 on them ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/c...

Office 2007 Installation via Group Policy
Ok we have read through the documentation and would like to upgrade all of our clients office versions from XP to 2007 via Group Policy. However we get the following error. "Error 1713" We followed the instructions from the article below. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc179214.aspx#UpgradePreviousVersion The errors KB article below tells us you cannot install using the msi which is stated in the above document. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/926279 So how are we supposed to install? I know there are other ways but I was wanting to...

Sharepoint
Does anybody knows if Microsoft Sharepoint works with a Mac. If it does, are there any limitations? Thank you. Denis Yep, it works fine if you use a Mozilla browser (Firefox/Camino). Won't work well with Safari. -Rick denis wrote: > Does anybody knows if Microsoft Sharepoint works with a Mac. If it > does, are there any limitations? > Thank you. > Denis ...

Access 2007
I want to retrieve the current maximum value of a numeric field in an Access 2007 table. I am writing the function in C#. I have a select string as follows: "SELECT LedgerReference, MAX(LedgerReference) FROM tblLedgerData GROUP BY LedgerReference"; Although it appears to work, i.e. it doesn't crash, it doesn't actually return anything. All the examples I have found so far are quite complex with joined tables, I just want the maximum value that exists in a single table. Can anybody give me some guidance please? -- Jeff Gaines Dorset UK You can...

Outlook contacts distribution lists to sharepoint users
I need to get an outlook contact list / distribution list into sharepoint as a user group - can you provide steps on how to do this? thx I dont think its possible to use outlook contacts as a user group in sharepoint. The max you can do is sync calendars from outlook with sharepoint. Regards, Vaibhav Desai ...

Unable to control indexing in Outlook 2007
I am unable to choose which Outlook 2007 data files will be indexed after reinstalling Office (after a clean install of Windows 7-64 bit). Only my main file is being indexed. When I go to indexing options the box "index messages in these data files" is empty (does not even show my default ..pst) and I am unable to type in it to add any of my personal .pst files. So when I perform a mail search, it only looks in my inbox and sent items. Those do seem to be fully indexed, however. -- Silvia ...

paste link excel 2007 and windows 7
So here is the thing, the other day I was doing a training course on Excel 2007 and the customer was using Windows 7, which I have to admit i like, but when I got to the bit about paste link it all went horribly wrong. The nice shortcut of pressing = then clicking on the cell in the other window does not work. Copying the cell in the window and then moving back to the original file and choosing paste link, opens up all sorts of options and none appear to link back to the cell in the other document. Any help of how to do this would be appreciate (apart from typing it in - whi...

Outlook 2007 Receiving multiple mails
Have just installed Office Professional 2007 and since doing so, I am receiving four copies of the same mail from people on a group I belong to and also from one person who is not on the group. Can anyone please advise. Many thanks. Do you have an integrated Anti Virus application? if so uninstall it, reboot the PC, reinstall the AV *without* outlook integration. Retest "carolnpete" <cnp@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:900999A9-819D-4AC1-ABCF-11BE1269BE60@microsoft.com... > Have just installed Office Professional 2007 and since doing so, I am > re...

Disappearing guidelines
My horizontal and vertical guidelines keep on disappearing every time I scroll or zoom in / out of the page. I press alt+f9, which seems to turn some guidelines on and others off, but I can't get the guidelines to stay. Is there anything I can do? Hi See: http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/PowerPoint_Guides.html -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html "ctsam" wrote: > My horizontal and vertical guidelines keep on disappearing every time I > scroll ...

Excel 2007
This is very irritating...I need to be able to find a resolution to this problem. The Excel workbook simply contains Named Lists that I need to have working. When this error occurs (seems random), I lose them and my workbook doesn't work anymore. (I am forced to answer 'yes' to the question: "Error found unreadable content in 'cosapa.xlsm'. Do you want to recover the contents of this workbook? If you trust the source of this workbook, click Yes." I have to go back and recreate them until this happens again. I desperately need help or assistance in ord...

Visio 2007
Dear all. Explanation of issue: I have published a visio file via sharepoint by saving the file as a webpage. I have several sheets in the visio page. When opening the file in sharepoint, it gives a generic view with the option of selecting what sheet to pick. However, it does not change the url address when I select a new sheet. It simply keeps the address the same regardless which sheet I choose. My target is to create a link directly to a sheet instead of seeing the overview. If I try this today, it will merely prompt me to the generic view first and from there I have to select the sheet...

text messaging to exchange 2007
I'm not sure this is the correct group for this. Does anyone know if text messages can be sent to an exchange 2007 mailbox? thanks, Bob Hello Bob, > I'm not sure this is the correct group for this. Does anyone know if > text messages can be sent to an exchange 2007 mailbox? > > thanks, > Bob Yes, they can - just like any email address - my wife does it all the time from her Verizon phone. Karl http://unlockpowershell.wordpress.com/ Sure enough, I tried it and it works just fine. Thanks! Bob "Karl Mitschke" <karlmits...

Microsoft 2007 Excel quirks with Charting
Has anyone had this happen to them yet? I have created an SPC line chart with my data. I add my titles, logo, copyright info, etc. Everything looks great. I save and close it. When upon opening it again, everything within the chart is distorted. The Y axis is about 1" high, the images and copyright I inserted are huge and distorted. So I basically need to go back in and readjust all elements of the chart to original size and shape. It's driving me crazy! However, what I have noticed, is that once you open the chart for the first time in 2007 version, it does this, you f...

Access2007 in Sharepoint
If i put an access2007 mdb on sharepoint, does everyone has to have the same version of access to use the mdb? On Dec 11, 1:24 pm, casper <cas...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > If i put an access2007 mdb on sharepoint, does everyone has to have the same > version of access to use the mdb? My impression is not really. or at least not if you don't want a frequently corruped database. Access can look at and access and link to sharepoint tables/views HOWEVER I have found it to be horribly slow. I have written a couple of apps that pulled info from sharepoint and the best w...

Migrate from IMAP / POP3 to Exchange 2007
Hi everyone, Is there a tool that will let you migrate from a POP3 / IMAP based email system to Exchange 2007 such as the Migration Wizzard that came with Exchange 2003? many thanks There may be some info here that is of use http://www.freeemailmigrations.com/ AM "Jon Warburton" <jon@jwarburton.com> wrote in message news:%23$NzozXOHHA.4104@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi everyone, > > Is there a tool that will let you migrate from a POP3 / IMAP based email > system to Exchange 2007 such as the Migration Wizzard that came with > Exchange 2003? > >...

Office 2007
I m a new user please detailed breaf for that http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/getstarted/FX101055081033.aspx Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 7 Jun 2008 08:03:00 -0700, Faisal Bilal <Faisal Bilal @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I m a new user please detailed breaf for that ...

Embedding an annotation or a comment to a chart in Excel 2007
Hello, Is it possible to add/embed an annotation or a comment to an Excel 2007 Chart. For example, have a chart and then hover over a part of the chart and a comment pops out (in a bubble or something). Thanks. P.S. Is it possible to do this in Office 2003? You cannot edit the text in these popups ("chart tips"). You can add a text box or data label to the chart, which is always visible, or you could write some code that makes a text box visible sometimes and hidden other times. Tushar Mehta has a utility that accomplishes this for you. Look for Chart hover Label on his ...

A Bug in Publisher 2007?
When I create a newsletter from a template I put phone number and email address on the last page where the template has phone and fax numbers filled with fives. If I insert or delete pages the phone number and email address I entered changes to phone and fax numbers filled with fives. Is there a way to keep this from happening? Have you filled out the Business Information in the Edit menu? If this doesn't help, delete the text box and create a new one. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Alton Davis" <xxx@xxx.com> wrote in message news:ucwpvzEmJHA.1216@TK2...

Access 2007 PARAMETER
Hi Is there an issue with PARAMETER in Access 2007. i have an application which runs perfectly well in 2002 / 2003 but when we run a function in Access 2007, we get an '3139 Syntax error in PARAMETER clause' message? Thanks A >>when we run a function in Access 2007, we get an '3139 Syntax error in PARAMETER clause' message? You did not say what function is giving you the errors. How are you formatting the PARAMETER? Post your SQL. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "Alexey" wrote: > Hi > > Is there an issue with PARAMETER in Ac...

2007 updates
is there a way to save the MS updates after download? do not plan to upgrade but if i want to transfer to a new computer in the future etc... maybe copy the money directory and paste it over the new install might work? No way to do it has ever been described here. I suspect MS uses this goofball method of software update delivery precisely to prevent what you are trying to do from being done. "wildwood178" wrote: > is there a way to save the MS updates after download? do not plan to upgrade > but if i want to transfer to a new computer in the future etc... maybe copy &...

outlook 2007 proofing options
Hello, I posted this elsewhere, but received no response. I am using Outlook 2007 on XPSP2. Without knowing what changed, for some reason, under proofing options, readability statistics, writing style and recheck e-mail, are all grayed out. Any idea what I can do to fix? -- Thanks, Bob Did you try detect and repair? Are you using a version of office that includes both word and outlook? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscri...

remove to-do list in outlook 2007
Is there a way to remove the to-do list in tasks? everytime i open outlook i have to click on tasks to see my tasks, in 2003 outlook remembers my last selection but not in 2007 No, there isn't an option to do that, but as it happens I've just = written a little VBA code that might help. Do you want to try it out? = See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/vbabasics.htm if you're new to VBA.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Ad...

How do I make Word 2007 as smart as 2003?
I am new to 2007, was familiar and comfortable with 2003. When making numbered lists in 2003, Word always seemed to "get it" and if I changed one part of the numbered list (formatting), it would correct the rest of the list. Using tab or alt-tab shifted one position to match the previous numbered lists quite effectively; better than 1997 did. 2007 can't seem to get it. If I make a correction to one part, if more likely messes up what I just corrected, rather than correct the rest as I just did. Also, tab and alt-tab seem to really confuse it - it makes up new ...

Sharepoint
I am createing an application that may, one day, if all goes well be put on Sharepoint for multiple users in different locations to use. Do i just proceed as normal or are there certain steps i should take in the design in order to ensure success if we put it up on sharepoint? thanks. ...