How do I stop comments on certain posts in a SharePoint blog?

I have removed permissions to the specific post to the lowest possible
access and people can STILL post a comment. If I uncheck one more item in the
list of permissions, the users can no longer see the post.

Any suggestions?

SOP transactions not posted/posted???
Hi, I have a weird sort of Error in the SOP module of Great Plains version 7 (pervasive) The smart list shows an Invoice as unposted, but when go do to the Sales Transaction entry screen and enter the invoice number, a pop up displays a message that the inovoice number is posted??? i have tried to run check links, but it shows no errors... so how can this be resolved... thanks in advance Sajid Saeed ...

Office transfer to new PC
I bought microsoft 2007 office about 6 months ago and installed it with the key that was emailed to me with no problem. I thought I had read that I could put the MS Office on another computer as well. I now have another computer but i dont have the product key anymore. Is it possible to get it resent to me? Thank you April Do you still have the Office suite installed on your other computer? Download Belarc Advisor, it will tell you your product key. http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "AprilFallecker" <AprilFal...

New help with setting up printing
I am helping a friend with a 50th class reunion. I am uning a booklet style and have the middle two pages as a picutre, and a front and back cover. The pages in the middle will be class mates in alphibetical order. Not sure how to set up the pages between the cover and the center. Total of 12 pages with 1 being front 12 being back and 6 & 7 being the picture in the middle. I need to know where to start the bios on all the classmates to make them come out in order in the booklet. Thanks in advamce. What version Publisher? The catalog merge maybe your solution. Otherwise, you have 8 ...

Workflow for new orders sending multiple emails
We have a workflow setup to confirm new orders by sending an email to our customer. This workflow has been running for over a year. The rule or some other component seems to have broken down as we've had reports from customers of receiving multiple emails for the same order. One customer reported 188 emails for a single order, which I confirmed through message tracking on our Exchange server. Any ideas? Windows 2000 domain Exchange 2000 on mail server, SQL 2000 for DB Dedicated servers (1 ADC, 1 Exchange, 1 SQL/CRM) CRM 1.2 Thank you. ...

Does the New Worth Report have a fault
When I calculate my new worth in MS Money 2000 (old version I know) it adds my assets and liabilities instead of subtracting them. For example, if my savings, checking, investments total $10,000.00 and my liabilities total $5000.00, MS Money calculates my net worth as $15,000.00. Shouldn't my net worth be $5,000.00? Shouldn't it subtract my liabilities instead of add them? Please let me know if there is a glich in the software and how I can fix it. Also please let me know if I am financially inept. Thanks, -k In your example, the net worth should be $5,000.00. You may hav...

outlook feature to prevent forgetting attachments
Often people forget to send attachments with emails. Very often they will write something along the lines of "I have attached the minutes from our meeting" and then forget to atcually attach a file. Is there a way therefore that outlook can check the text of an email for words like attach, attached, attachment and query the user before sending if there does not appear to be an attachment? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree"...

Can't create new Recipient Update Service in Exchange 2000
Running Exchange 2000 sp3 on Windows 2000 server sp4 I'm trying to create a new Recipient Update Service (for my child domain). I can right click on the Recipient Update Services folder, select new and follow the process through to the end, but when I click finish it pops the error: Access is denied Facility: Win3 ID no: c007000 Exchange System Manage Now all of the research I've done about this problem says to make sure the user acount trying to make the change is allowed Exchange Full Administrator rights and is a member of the local administrator group on the Exchange server. I h...

preventing date from changing
I have an If condition that sets the date to "today()" true or "today() + 1" if false. My question is how do I prevent the date from changing? If the date is set for today, then tomorrow I don't want to "update". How can this be done? thanks You could copy the cell, and paste as values, before you close the file. (Edit>Paste Special, Values) Or, you could enter today's date in a cell in the row (Ctrl+; ), then refer to that cell in the formula. For example, instead of: =IF(A2="Local",TODAY(),TODAY()+1) enter: =IF(A2="Local...

Prevent the sales from Tendering when another Item is Scan at POS
Hello, We have serveral items that our Retail does have price assign to them. The cashier will scan the next item. They will not notice the last item they did not enter a price. Now the 2nd item is the price for the 1st item. Then the cashier will tender out the sales without noticing they have an incorrect total for this transaction. Then the store manager have to performed a post void for this transaction, which hold up the customer awaiting to check out. Have anyone else encounter this and know a way to limited sale from being total out of an acceptable sales amount...

How can I make excel recognize my new printer. I have made it the.
How can I make excel recognize my new printer. I have made it a default printer and can print from other programs. The best answers to EXCEL questions will be found in an EXCEL newsgroup. Select EXCEL from the list on the left, then select a subitem associated with your query, such as Printing. Be sure to describe exactly what happens when you try to select the new printer. -- "Pat SP" <Pat SP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8812E94C-FE3A-4DD8-867F-45640BD66D3A@microsoft.com... > How can I make excel recognize my new printer. I have made it a defaul...

Select Record in query, save as New Record then edit New Record
Hi, I have a Select Query with a Split Form attached to it. Access 2007. I print out single page Lab Test Certificates that are sent out to Customers. This is done through a Report also attached to the same Query. When you click on a record visible in the bottom of the Split Form, it shows in the fields (test boxes) in the upper portion of the form. The report is created using this active record that is showing in the form. Sometimes the same Certificate (record) is used again and only certain fields need changing to create a new one. I would like to keep the old record ...

Cannot delete old events in PF calendar exchage 2000
Hope some one can help me. I have a client that is running exchange 2000. They have a public calendar that was created by someone (they do not know) in 2001. I have added a client as the owner of the PF. But they cannot delete or modify any old events. The message says you do not have permission. New events added have no problems. On 20 Apr 2006 10:34:22 -0700, cbehnke@raclink.com wrote: >Hope some one can help me. I have a client that is running exchange >2000. They have a public calendar that was created by someone (they do >not know) in 2001. I have added a client as th...

new appointments free time
How do I set the default for new appointments to be "free time"? You can't. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM How many email accounts are in your main Outlook profile? http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=36602 "Kevin Zawicki" <num...

prevent user from deleting a tab prevent running macro from menu
how can one prevent a user from 1. deleting a specific tab in a workbook? 2. prevent a user from running a macro from the tools menu (where user can only run a macro from a command button)? thanks! #1. Protect the workbook's structure. In xl2003 menus: tools|protection|protect workbook|check structure #2. Make the sub private: Sub Testme() becomes Private Sub testme() This will stop the user from seeing that subroutine--but if they know the name, they can still type it and run it. joemeshuggah wrote: > > how can one prevent a user from...

Re: preventing distribution lists from printing
I work for a large corporation and I often get outlook mail with ver long distribution lists. Is there any way to prohibit these lenght list from printing so that I only get the message? Thank - buddy ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.mcse.m ----------------------------------------------------------------------- View this thread: http://www.mcse.ms/message548641.htm ...

New Home Asset Tracking
I am running Money 2007. I created my Home Mortgage account, no problems... I created my Home Escrow account, no problems... I have my principal and instrest setup correctly and I have the "Other Fees" Setup as transfers to the Escrow account, just like they should... BUT, when ever I try to setup an Home Asset account, the principal does not carry over from the Home Mortgage account into the Home Asset account automatically. I have associated the Home Mortgage account during the Home Asset account as I have seen online in many forum areas as well as Microsoft KBs and FAQs. I...

New mail message #2
In Outlook 2002 sp3 I used to be able to double click an empty space below any mail in my Inbox and a new mail message window would open. This still works in other mail folders but when I do it in the Inbox a new Discussion window opens. I can't seem to locate a setting in options to revert it back to normal. Is there a way to change this behaviour? Thanks for any tips. Max ...

hide the new email system tray envelope
how can i hide the envelope in the system tray that apears when a new email arives? i only want the envelope to apear when i have a new email in my inbox. I have a outlook rule that moves specific new emails to the junkmail folder. how can i make it so that if any new email gets moved to that folder it doesn't notify me with this envelope icon? "James" <See.My.Sig@The.Bottom.com> wrote in message news:Odw6Hjp9EHA.1264@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > how can i hide the envelope in the system tray that apears when a new > email arives? i only want the envelope to ap...

New Install Failure installing the email router
The diag tool installed by CRM is failing when it checks SQL. I'm getting a string too short or too long error. It suggests that I can fix this by going to control panel and choosing the repair option for CRM but that is failing also. Win 2003 Server SP1 SQL 2000 standard SP4 Exchange 2003 SP2 ...

2 post regarding script error while printing
I continue to get a "script error" while trying to print. It deals with a "dll" called shdoclc.dll/preview.dlg I have reinstalled Office XP professional I've done just about everything I can think of get this thing running again. The script error occurs in both Outlook and Outlook Express And, more interesting, I loaded another e-mail client to see if that would work and it has the same script error. So, I'm beginning to think that the error is Home XP related fundamental to the operating system. Problem is, I have no idea where or how to repair XP home. I n...

Fixing the position of Comments
When inserting a comment onto a worksheet it is possible to change the size of the commment so that all the text can be seen. It is also possible to click & drag the commment to a particular part of the screen when in editing mode. BUT when the user holds the cursor over the relevant cell the comment pops up where it wants to, not where previously positioned. Is there a way to fix the position of the comment? Thanks in advance. No, you can't control the popup position of a comment. SB wrote: > When inserting a comment onto a worksheet it is possible to change the > size of ...

Prevent Forwarding #2
Hi. I need to know how to make an email message unable to be forwarded to a third party. For example if I sent an email to John, John couldn't then forward that message to someone else. Thanks!! Shannon <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi. I need to know how to make an email message unable to > be forwarded to a third party. For example if I sent an > email to John, John couldn't then forward that message to > someone else. Can't be done, in general. -- Brian Tillman You'd need to use a service such as those listed at http://www.slipst...

Prevent calculation of fields in split view
Hi all! I have following problem: Most of my forms are displayed in split view, within some of them i am doing different calculations, displaying the calculated values in text boxes. Since some of those calculations are quite time-consuming, i dont want Access to calc. the values for _each_ record in the split-view (which it is doing right now). I want it to just calc the values for the record currently viewed, is there any way to do this? best regards, --Michael ...

Exch2k Calendar in Public folder post meeting request not available?
I have created a calendar in a public folder, and want it to accept meeting requests through OWA, not the default appointments. When I try to change it via Outlook 2002 it tells me it cannot accept this type? I.e. On the general tab for the folder properties it says "When posting to this folder use, Appointment (I want to use "Meeting Request" from the forms ....) Also when logging into the public folder and creating an appointment, it does not allow me to add attendees? it is grayed out. Any help would be much appreciated. Tim ...

Macro needed to Paste Values and prevent Macro operation #2
Sub Macro1() ' ' Dim myBk As Workbook Set myBk = Workbooks.Open(Application.GetOpenFilename(, , "Select the File")) Range("To_Database").Copy ThisWorkbook.Worksheets(1).Range("A65536").End(xlUp)(1).Offset(2, 1) myBk.Close False End Sub In the above macro I need to prevent macros operating in the External File when it opens. I also need the Named Range ("To_Database") from the External File to be copied into the file from which this macro operates as PasteValues. At the moment the Formula in the Named Range is coming across, so that I'm ...