optional column required in datasheet view

I have a document library with two content types. I have changed all columns
for both content types to optional.
One content type is link to a document, for which URL is required by
default. I have changed it to optional.
The other content type is document. URL is not used in that content type.
When I bulk edit items in datasheet, though, I can't save my changes without
putting data in the URL column for documents, even though the column is not
used in that content type and is set as optional.
I even tried making URL optional at the site content type level and the
datasheet still insists that it needs the information.
If I leave the URL column out of the view, I get an error message that I
can't save because a required column is missing from the view.
Why is this happening and how do I make it stop?

Against list foms, datasheet looks for requireness of column not at content
type configuration. It looks at list configuration. You can configure your
list columns to optional to workaround this.

"Margaret" wrote:

> I have a document library with two content types. I have changed all columns
> for both content types to optional.
> One content type is link to a document, for which URL is required by
> default. I have changed it to optional.
> The other content type is document. URL is not used in that content type.
> When I bulk edit items in datasheet, though, I can't save my changes without
> putting data in the URL column for documents, even though the column is not
> used in that content type and is set as optional.
> I even tried making URL optional at the site content type level and the
> datasheet still insists that it needs the information.
> If I leave the URL column out of the view, I get an error message that I
> can't save because a required column is missing from the view.
> Why is this happening and how do I make it stop?

RMS matrix attribute option
Adding an existing item in the RMS 2.0.0114 matrix with 219 attributes and 826 items and saving it takes about 2 hours to complete (using Windows XP SP2 Pentium D 3.0 Ghz with 2 G RAM). Since the backend is SQL Server, we don’t see any reason for the application not to support matrix records of this size, considering that the Item has 219 attributes and 826 items only. I think it would be better if RMS has the option not to load the existing attributes for the dropdown list. Just enable the addition of new dimensions. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Micro...

Why No "Format Cells" Choice Option Always ?
Hello, Using Excel 2007. When I select a Column of numbers, I usually see a choice for "Format Cells" At other times, for different Columns (also with numbers in the cells, I do not get the Format Cells choice. All that shows up as being selectable are: Cut, Copy, Clear Contents Why might this be ? Thanks ...

Why is redirect rule absent from my rules and alerts options?
Outlook 2003 help at <http://office.microsoft.com/en-au/outlook/HA011502011033.aspx?pid=CH063564671033> offers a choice of either forwarding or redirecting mail. I want to redirect mail to a webmail address to access it more easily while travelling. Redirect suits me better than forwarding, as forwarded mail all appears to come from me (i.e. original sender is not visible until mail is opened -- bit inconvenient). The forwarding option/s are visible among the checkboxes under 'Rules and alerts' but there is no sign of the 'Redirect it to people or distribution list&#...

Switch persistent views in MDI app
Hi, I am trying to switch between views in a MDI app but I can't. I found some examples but I am not satisfied with them because they put it in CDocument. To me it should be in CWinApp or even better in CmainFrame for a SDI and ChildFrame for a MDI. Anyway here is the code I use for my MDI app, but the line pDoc->AddView(pNewView); in the SwitchToView gives me an exception with the following line from debugger: if (!AfxIsValidAddress(pOb, pOb->GetRuntimeClass()->m_nObjectSize, FALSE)) __vfptr 0xfeeefeee I don't understand, all my views are declare DYNAMIC, ... Does som...

Tools,Options, Email Options, AdvancedE-mail Options,
Hi, Windows XP, Outlook 2003, Desktop Alert stop popup, When it check in - Tools,Options, Email Options, AdvancedE-mail Options, It supposed to be "Preview" option, its not , In "When new item arrive in my Inbox" all the option mark, But when new mail arrived Desktop Alert not popup, What could be the problem Thank you & Bets Regards, Yakov Do you have a rule set to move messages? If you do then you need to add showing the Desktop Alert to that rule. "Yakov" <Yakov@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:304C2EEA-5839-47B1-A737-475921A51D...

Power options issue 06-24-10
When I click on Control Panel and then Power Options and set turn off monitor to 20 minutes and turn off hard drive to 20 minutes nothing happens. However if I change those settings to turn off monitor to 1 minute and turn off hard drive to 3 minutes it works every time. I do not know what the problem is or how to correct it, so any help would be greatly appreciated. You should also know that no changes to my system have been made since this problem started happening. The turn off cannot be executed until the computer is not running anything for the amount of time you selec...

Options okn Tools Menu
I have a user who is using Excel 97. When he goes to the menu bar and selects Tools then Options, the Options chioce is there but when you clck on it it does nothing. Has anyone had this issue before and if so how can I get his Options functionality back? Excel and Office has been uninstalled and reinstalled several times. Maybe this is it: XL97: Page Fault or Violation When You Click Options on the Tools Menu http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;108032 sounds like it describes your Tools|Options problem (it says it was corrected in xl97 SR2). Ron Davidson wrote:...

How can I update macro to delete zero amount columns?
I have a spreadsheet that contains columns with text (such as name, job title, hire date, etc.) and several columns with amounts. I want to delete the "amount" columns that contain all zeros. I used the macro below and it removed all the amount columns that contained just zeros but it also removed the columns that contained the name, title, etc. How can I change the macro below to remove only the zero amount columns and leave the other text columns? Thanks for the assistance. Sub RemoveColumns() Dim nLastColumn As Long Set r = ActiveSheet.UsedRange nLastColumn =...

View access to multiple contact lists when doing an email merge
Attempting to do a mail merge via email. I created a separate contacts folder (not distribution list) to house those who will receive the email. When I click on "select recipients", I can view only one list, my regular list, but cannot view the list I created for my mail merge via email. I use Outlook 2007. What should I do to be able to view the list I need. Thanks -- ladebster Enable that folder as an electronic address book in its properties. Restart Outlook. -- Russ Valentine "debster" <debster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Change printing options based on tender types
I have curerntly setup our POS registers to automotically print 40-column receipts and to prompt the user for whether or not to print a large 80-column invoice. However, I would like to have large invoices automatically print for all charge account tenders. Is there a way to specify the print behavior based on the tender type for the transaction? Thanks, Paul Arenson Anderson Plywood Sales, Culver City, CA not without an add-in. Seems like someone posted something about that within the last few weeks - try searching the newsgroup. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://ww...

Adding on Option to an Option Group
I have created a form to give a report of 3 tables and give the user the ability to sort on a column by checking the check box on the header. I had to add another field to one of the tables and now need to add this to the option group.. how? Thanks Sue Found it - for others, you need to add the field to the record source for the form, then with the option group selected, open the field list and drag the new field onto the option group (at least I hope that is it) Sue (Sometimes it actually pays off to have a stack of books over a foot high on Access) "Design by Sue" wrote...

Remove Marketing and Service Option from Left Nav Bar
When the only entity selected in a security role is Account access, we would like the options for Marketing and Service not to be seen in the left hand Nav bar. -- Thanks, Justin ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutio...

AP Trail Balance should have option to select by due date
I believe the AP Aged Trial Balance could be enhanced to allow to select transactions by a due date range. That way the report will provide a list of invoices that a due within a specific due date range. I have a clinet that has requested this functionality. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click ...

Insert options
I've recently been "upgraded" to Office 2010 from Office 2003 and find the "Ribbon" interface really horrible. A good example is in Excel. In Excel 2003 if I wanted to insert a row or column it was simple. Go to the insert menu and select either rows or columns. To do the same task in Excel 2010 the logical place to go is the "Insert" ribbon. This lets me insert lots of things, but none of them are rows or columns. To do that I have to go to the "Home" ribbon and then there is an Insert button from where I can insert rows or columns. I thought one ...

Invert Column and Row Headings
Is there any way possible that by selecting the whole worksheet, I can automatically make the row headings my column headings and vice versa without retyping? ...

How to revalue an option buttons
Hi, I have option group in from to add values in table. These options use to add a percentage to the table. The first one has 50% labels; the second one has 55% and so on to 100%. The problem is when I retype the value of each option from 1 to 0.50 the value returns to 0. Can any body help me revaluing the value of each option? Thanks!! Check the field type, if its Long or Integer it will round the number and 0.5 will turn into 0. Change the field type to Double or Single -- Good Luck BS"D "Jon" wrote: > Hi, > I have option group in from to add values in table...

data validation
Is it possible to create a similar function like data validation, from which I can select multiple options? (Background: I need a list of many names, from which I case by case can select). Not really. Maybe you could use a listbox. I added a listbox from the Forms toolbar to a worksheet. I called it "List Box 1". I rightclicked on that listbox and chose Format Control. On the Control tab, I chose Selection Type of Multi. I also pointed at the range that held the values that go in that listbox. Then I added a button from the Forms toolbar (I click the button when I'm d...

how to automatically suppress space before after column break?
Having Spacing Before and After on some of the styles, I seem to be unable to have the space before at the beginning of a column automatically dismissed when applying a column break. I have tried a couple of options under compatibility, but to no avail. This in on Word 2003. The No HTML function + No Space Before after column break do not solve the problem. Can you help please? Tools | Options | Compatibility: Suppress Space Before after a hard page or column break. If this isn't working, then check to make sure you don't have an empty paragraph before the first text pa...

No ActiveX for viewing Web Portal
How do people without ActiveX access the web portal? The web portal seems to use ActiveX which is NOT an industry standard and as such locks out our users using alternative browsers. Also, due to the recent JPG Steganography exploit, the javascript exploit, CERT/Dept of Homeland Security telling people to not use IE and Microsoft itself saying to set security levels to the highest setting thus disabling ActiveX, we cannot use ActiveX or view it without becoming vulnerable. This is vitally important especially considering the latest JPG steganography exploit (as well as the continuous ...

Validation Options with option List
Good morning! i have set up an validation list option in Excel so i can choose what option to pick. For example, i can choose test1, test2 and/or test3. But what i want to try to do is when i choose one of the options test1,test2 and/or test3 i want for those options different fields like for example: Test1 this is the text of data for test1 When i choose the option Test2 i want the text or data cleared for test1 and see the text for option 2. I hope you can help me with this problem, thanks in advanced! Edo -- EdoZwart ---------------------------------------------------------------...

Anyone know how to detect a column or row insert?
Does anyone know how to detect a column or row insert event other than doing some complicated processing on every Worksheet_Change event? I'm looking for something a little cleaner than that. I realize that this might be a stretch. Thanks in advance. Roy Berger Roy To detect a change in the contents of a cell is going to take an event macro of one type or another. Event macros are really not very complicated at all. Post back and provide some details about what you want to do and you'll get plenty of help. HTH Otto <roybrew@att.net> wrote in message news:1108930...

Problems with Excel Horizontal arrays with regional options using.
Entering a vertical array ={10;20} works ok, but horizontal array ={10,20} gives 10,2 ;-) in both cells instead of 10 and 20 in the two cells. This happens, I presume, because I work with a comma as decimal separator and NOT with the American . I do suppose that Excel has got some solution for this behaviour. I, in principle, do NOT want to change the regional options. ...

Program Name Options
I cannot find the Program Name Options when I select Microsoft Office Button. It is not there. How do I get it? Look in the lower right corner of the block, just inboard of the Exit "X" Richard LeBlanc wrote: > I cannot find the Program Name Options when I select Microsoft Office > Button. It is not there. How do I get it? Thanks "Bob I" <birelan@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:u7UaEj6vKHA.5940@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Look in the lower right corner of the block, just inboard of the Exit "X" > > Richard LeBlanc wrote...

column formatted to general
In my spreadsheet I have a particular column that I have formatted to general but anytime I enter numbers into a cell in that column, it automatically changes it to a date and I have to re-format that cell to general. What type of numbers? Like 1-12 or similar? Pre-format the cells as Text or preface the numbers with an apostrophe. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 08:45:08 -0700, lilsparkdog <lilsparkdog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In my spreadsheet I have a particular column that I have formatted to general >but anytime I enter numbers into a cell in...

Second Calendar Option?
Outlook 2000. This is probably a very easy question (I hope). How do I setup a second apptoinment calendar so I can keep my personal appointments seperate from business ones? -- Thanks in advance... Bob File | New | Folder. But if you want to get reminders from the second calendar, you'll need the tool from http://www.slovaktech.com . A better approach might be to use different categories for personal and business appointments and a filtered view. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developer...