Move SharePoint MOSS7 from SQL 2000 to SQL 2008

I am the SQL DBA but am not into SharePoint.  We have an instance of
SharePoint MOSS7 that is pointing to an old SQL 2000 server.  I need to
migrate those DB to a new SQL 2008 server and then of course reconfigure the
SharePoint to connect to the new SQL instance.

At this point I have already migrated the associated databases from the 2000
SQL to the 08 as well as all security.  So all database names remain the
same, they are just on a newer server with a new instance name.  My question
is how the heck to  tell this SharePoint MOSS7 to look to the new SQL server
and of course any other gotchas to watch out for?

Is there also an effective way to first back up the SharePoint configuration
so in the worst I can just restore the current working config?

Thanks!

Access 2000 limitations
I have an application that works over an Access 2000 database. A few days ego I noticed problemas in the database, as records are deleted alone. I'm just suspecting that Access 2000 does not support then number of records in the database: Table 1 - Two million records Table 2 - One million records Table 3 - One hundred thousand records. Other tables are smaller, over 300 records. Then full file contains these tables is 500 mb The question is if anyone has had problems with access to this amount of records? I have to delete records to avoid further loss records? ...

Moving license to a new computer

Excel 2000 crashes when changing fonts.
Each time I attempt to change the font in Excel the system locks up, and I have to reboot the computer. The computer is running Windows 98SE and Office 2000 with latest service packs and updates. This problem only occurs in Excel, changing fonts in other Office apps works fine. I have reinstalled Excel and reinstalled the fonts but the problem still occurs. Just something to try... Tools|Customize|Options tab uncheck the "List font names in their font" checkbox. Ross wrote: > > Each time I attempt to change the font in Excel the system locks up, and I > have to reb...

Clustered Exchange 2000 SMTP/TLS certificate issue.
I am trying to setup our 2 clustered exchange 2000 servers to use TLS on our Virtual SMTP protocol. Problem I am running into is creating and installing the generated certificate on both nodes. On node 1 I go to the Default SMTP Virtual server and under the ACCESS/Secure communications area I start the certificate wizard and go through the steps to create a certificate request. I then take that certificate request file and send it off to be made into a 1024 certificate. I get back the new 1024 certificate and run the certificate wizard again and it installs the certificate just fine. ...

Can't open files from a different version saved to 2000 format
Hi, I am having problems opening a file sent to me by someone using Publisher 2003. I have Publisher 2000. She saved to the 2000 format, but it says that I cannot open files from a different version. The document shows up in the preview area, but will not open. She even tried to save it to the 98 format, but it still will not open. Any ideas? Julie wrote: > Hi, > > I am having problems opening a file sent to me by someone using > Publisher 2003. I have Publisher 2000. She saved to the 2000 format, > but it says that I cannot open files from a different version. The > d...

Outlook 2000 Autosignature displays HTML source in HTML mode
I had my graphical autosignature working for outgoing e- mails, but found this week that it suddenly began displaying HTML source code instead. I verified that I am still in HTML mode, but cannot get Outlook to display the signature properly. This seems to have happened at about the time that I received what appearde to be an RTF formatted e-mail, to which I responded. Any ideas as to what is going on and how I can restore HTML capabilities to my outgoing e-mails? Regards, Alex ...

Safe to Move?

SharePoint site heirarchy/structure printout
Is there a way to create a printout of an organization’s SharePoint site hierarchy? Thanks! Training Goddess Yes there is. --rms www.rmschneider.com On 27/04/10 09:11, Training Goddess wrote: > Is there a way to create a printout of an organization’s SharePoint site > hierarchy? > > Thanks! > Training Goddess Nice Rob. "Rob Schneider" <rmschne@yahoo_but_not_often_checked.com> wrote in message news:#AHdCJe5KHA.1432@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Yes there is. > > > --rms > > www.rmschneider.com > > &...

Conv Access 97->2000-Gets a method or data member not found error
For the following code which compiles and runs successfully in MS Access 97, when converting to MS Access 2000 the following compile error occurs "Method or data member not found." for the line below. tempID = rs.[UserID] UserID is a field in the tblSecurity table. It seems that the tblSecurity table is not opening in MS Access 2000 since this error will occur using any field, not just UserID. This error does not occur in MS Access 97. PLEASE HELP. The routine is displayed below. Sincerely thanks, Phil ------------------ CODE - Shown Below ------------------ Private Sub...

Moving Exchange 2000

mail moved from netscape to outlook?

Where can we get .Net Assembly that creates the Sharepoint Web Sit
In the launch Microsoft demonstrated how to call a .Net assembly in a workflow that created a sharepoint web site. Can anyone send us how to do this with the example? Thanks. Ivan -- Ivan Cole "Ivan Cole" <IvanCole@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > In the launch Microsoft demonstrated how to call a .Net assembly in a > workflow that created a sharepoint web site. Can anyone send us how to do > this with the example? See: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnmbscrm3/html/mbs_crmServicePortal.asp (that URL is all on one line...

Exchange 5.5 / 2000 /2003
Why does so many people send posts regarding Exchange 2000=20 and 2003 in the wrong forum?? This forum is regarding Exchange 5.5 There=B4s forum=B4s for them all, PLEASE place the questions=20 in the right forum gladefoged You need to read this: http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/community/newsgroups/default.asp -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchange.co.uk "gladefoged" <gl@lundbergvest.dk> wrote in message news:5be401c3ad2e$b1e74350$a601280a@phx.gbl... Why does so many people send posts regarding Exchange 2000 and 2003 ...

Moving Pages between two publications

Move mailbox rights in Exchange 5.5 #2

OWA webpart authentication from Sharepoint Portal Services 2003
Hi I have a exchange 2003 and SPS2003. I have a public folder calendar setup so that it is accessed via a webpart. Currently it asks for a username and password. How can I set it up to use integrated authentication without messing up my OWA configuration. I have seen elsewhere on the web that I should try setting up a 2nd IIS configuration for integrated authentication access. Could someone help please ...

Moving Folder error

Moving between worksheets