lookup type metadata lost when usining Send To option

When I move a document between folders (even in the same library) any lookup
type metadata gets lost.  I have already reported this problem in a another
post, a couple of weeks ago, but still have no solutions yet.

I have tested the Send To option on three different WSS 3.0 and MOSS 2007
farms and I get the same result.  I can't find any post reporting such issue.
Has anyone succeeded in using Sharepoint' Send To option to move documents
with custom content type, having lookup type metadata,  whitout losing
metadata values?

When moving items inside of SharePoint, the content type must exist at the
destination location for one thing. Content types are not "created" during a
move process. Also, lookups must be able to still see the relevant lookup
list since this data is not actually kept with the document.

--
Daniel A. Galant

Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine.

"Lenid2" <Lenid2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I move a document between folders (even in the same library) any
> lookup
> type metadata gets lost.  I have already reported this problem in a
> another
> post, a couple of weeks ago, but still have no solutions yet.
>
> I have tested the Send To option on three different WSS 3.0 and MOSS 2007
> farms and I get the same result.  I can't find any post reporting such
> issue.
> Has anyone succeeded in using Sharepoint' Send To option to move documents
> with custom content type, having lookup type metadata,  whitout losing
> metadata values?

0
Daniel
11/19/2009 11:28:10 PM
Thanks Daniel for your comments,

It is interesting information and I know all of this, but you did not answer
my question and you probably did not noticed that my post says: "When I move
a document...even in the same library..."    No offense! :)

The ultimate test I did was to copy a document in the SAME location (root),
in the SAME library, from the SAME site, using the Send To option (of course
I had to rename the file name).  The document and all of its metadata got
copied, except the lookup type metadata.

So I repeate my question:  Has anyone succeeded in using the Send To option
to move documents in the same site or library, without loosing lookup type
metadata?

Or if asked differently : Is there anyone out there having the same issue I
have?

:)

"Daniel A. Galant" wrote:

> When moving items inside of SharePoint, the content type must exist at the
> destination location for one thing. Content types are not "created" during a
> move process. Also, lookups must be able to still see the relevant lookup
> list since this data is not actually kept with the document.
>
> --
> Daniel A. Galant
>
> Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine.
>
> "Lenid2" <Lenid2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I move a document between folders (even in the same library) any
> > lookup
> > type metadata gets lost.  I have already reported this problem in a
> > another
> > post, a couple of weeks ago, but still have no solutions yet.
> >
> > I have tested the Send To option on three different WSS 3.0 and MOSS 2007
> > farms and I get the same result.  I can't find any post reporting such
> > issue.
> > Has anyone succeeded in using Sharepoint' Send To option to move documents
> > with custom content type, having lookup type metadata,  whitout losing
> > metadata values?

sending attachments in outlook
dear all, I am puzzled by how outlook behaves when sending attachments. When I click SEND on a message with attachment I get an unknown error message, and the message is not sent. However, if I then delete the attachment and click on send again, the message is sent. Puzzling enough, the message that is sent HAS the attachment!!!!! Any idea ? I have been struggling with this for a while. The problem may derive from the fact that my university uses NOVELL, but I am not sure, and nobody seems to know how to work this out. emanuele ...

can't send anything in Outlook 2002

How can I change the email account when sending Invitations to Appointments?
I have created a large list of appointments in Outlook's calendar. I have invited attendees. However, my ISP's email server has crashed or something. No outbound emails are possible at this time. So, I tried to change the outbound email server, but there is no option that I can find to do this. I tried it with a normal email. When it failed to send I opened it in the Outbox. I clicked on "Accounts" and changed it to the good email server. But for whatever reason I cannot see a similar option for the appointment invitations. ...

Table relationships and lookups
Hi guys, I may be a little over my head, I've had some experience in creating simple access db's. however this one will be extremely complicated as far as I can tell. Some backround info - i've got an excel spreadsheet currently that i would like to convert to Access. The spreadsheet does multiple lookups and calucations. This is for a Soccer club that i run to maintain roster information, dollars, scheduling and stats. I'm currently working on the scheduling pience. Here's what I have so far. tables. Club - Lists the teams in the club, home field name and ...

Invoice lookup by paid check number
I frequently have vendors call me asking for information about what invoices were paid by a check number. Is ther an easy way to look this information up? -- Rodger You could go to Inquiry>Purchasing>Transactions by Document, put your check number in the 'from' and 'to' fields. Once the document is displayed in the scrolling window zoom back on the 'Unapplied Amount' field. Viola! the documents paid by the selected payment are listed. Unfortunately there isn't a print icon on this inquiry window, but I think it's the information you wanted. &quo...

Outlook 2003-Failing remember name when typing into the To: field
I just got Outlook 2002 and I was informed that when you send a message and typing in the To: field that if you have emailed someone before it would remember the name. For example: If I send an email to Shawn Hedrick the next time I send one I would only have to type maybe the first few letter and then it would prefill the rest. Does anyone know about this or how to set this up? tools, options, email options, advanced options - is suggest names checked? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStar...

Combining 2 different types of bar graph
Hi I have 3 series of sales data I need to plot - actual, max budget & min budget - for 12 months. With the months being the x axis, I need the graph to be a standard bar chart, with the colums side by side for each month (clustered column). However, for the 2 bdget columns I need them to be of the "stacked" column type - so that when the graph is presented we can see exactly how the actual column each month compares to both budget figures. I've tried changing the chart type for each of the series, but it seems to change all 3 series each time. I could easily combin...

Lookup
Q103 Q102 Q202 Q302 Q402 Q103 Q203 How can I lookup the Q103 in the row above and then have it pull the number to the right one cell (Q203)? thanks If I understand correctly =INDEX(A2:F2,MATCH(A1,A2:F2,0)+1) where q103 is in a1 and q102-q203 is in a2-f2 Lance >-----Original Message----- >Q103 > > >Q102 Q202 Q302 Q402 Q103 Q203 > > >How can I lookup the Q103 in the row above and then have >it pull the number to the right one cell (Q203)? thanks >. > matt wrote: > Q103 > > > Q102 Q202 Q302 Q402 Q...

Windows Explorer hangs if you use right click > send to
Hi to all! I have a problem with WinXP Prof. SP1 and Office XP SP3. If use want to send a mail from the windows explorer outlook sends this message, but then the windows explorer hangs and you have to kill it with task manager. couldn't find any stuff in the KB - any ideas? greetings, peter Update your Win XP to sp2 and apply all critical updates. "Gamharter Peter" wrote: > Hi to all! > > I have a problem with WinXP Prof. SP1 and Office XP SP3. > > If use want to send a mail from the windows explorer > outlook sends this message, but then the windows...

Money 2004
If anyone has any -Positive- experience with Money 2004 and Equity Options, please post them. I figure that either: - Microsoft doesn't have anyone on their Money team with any experience trading options? - They're targeting Money for Joe Sixpack, who is more concerned with paying the minimum payment on his Visa bill at the last possible minute via epay. Here are my main issues: 1. Money 2003 can't import buy/sell transactions for Equity Options. (Equity transactions from my Vanguard and Scottrade accounts are imported just fine.) You can MANUALLY enter Equity Option transact...

Receiving OK, Can't Send
I can receive in outlook 2000, but I can't send. I use this as a contact manager. My outlook express works just fine. My ISP says all is well on there side. Any thoughts? Is Outlook set up to authenticate to your ISP's SMTP server if required? John wrote: > I can receive in outlook 2000, but I can't send. I use > this as a contact manager. My outlook express works just > fine. My ISP says all is well on there side. > Any thoughts? Any error message? If so, post it here. You might check your account settigns. "John" <anonymous@discussions.micr...

Help with LOOKUP function
This function is in a workbook with 2 sheets. It _almost_ works perfectly. These "C" columns in two different sheets '2005-2006'!C:C,'2004-2005'!C:C, contain names of people. The D column in one of the sheets - '2004-2005'!D:D - contains a date associated with the person's name from the C column of 2004-2005 sheet. This formula is in the "D" column of Sheet 2005-2006. =LOOKUP('2005-2006'!C:C,'2004-2005'!C:C,'2004-2005'!D:D) The concept is for the formula to lookup the value (person's name) in column C of 2005-2006 a...

Outlook 2010
I have configured a few email accounts: 1 Exchange (work) and 2 pop3/smtp (private). I can't find an option to set my exchange account as a default one for sending emails. So I often send work emails from private account - pretty annoying feature... :) Please help ...

A Lookup function does not work
Hi, This is my first posting. I am using Exel 2000. I have 2 separate spreadsheets that have some similar columns but not all of the data in the similar columns is the same. What I want to do is take column A in spreadsheet#1 and find this same value in Column B in Spreadsheet#2 and then insert into column 3 in spreadsheet #1 a value from a different column in spreasheet #2 that corresponds to the row in which the value was looked up in Column B in spreadsheet#2. What I am doing is comparing 2 different inventory files that have stock codes in columns and quantities in another column, but n...

cannot send or receive #2
I could not open my office products yesterday so I did a reload of software. I am using my outlook email account now and it says the mail went through the send and receive but I still have mail in outbox and did not receive anyting. I have the account set up correctly and when I go out to my ISP's web site....the web email is there. my hotmail account works...just cannot get outlook to work. thanks ...

return cell reference in a table based upon given lookup criteria
Is there a way to return the cell reference, or column/row coordinates, of a cell within an array or table by providing lookup criteria? Perhaps something like this: For a table of value in A1:E10 F1: (the value to find) G1: =ADDRESS(MAX((A1:E10=F1)*ROW(A1:E10)),MAX((A1:E10=F1)*COLUMN(A1:E10))) Note: Commit that array formula by holding down the [Ctrl][Shift] keys and press [Enter]. That formula returns the address of the 1st cell containing the value in F1, or #VALUE! if there is no match. Am I on the right track here? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP-Pro "Travis" ...

lost picture
while editing a picture i lost it completely and now only a blank screen appears when i click on that icon the original picture is not there it is fully blank why how do i recover that picture now With so little information, I'd suggest saving another copy from the source (camera, scanner, whatever). -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "dsouza" <dsouza@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6DE6D63C-4917-46C3-87FE-49DB5DC4400A@microsoft.com... > while editing a pictu...

Advanced Lookups
Is there any way to make an advanced lookup the default lookup? so you don't have to always choose that option when doing a lookup? Thanks for any help. Tracey D Advanced lookups ARE the default unless you've done something to make it now so. There isn't any way to "choose" the option when doing a lookup that I know of unless you have some type of customization (easy to do) that would give the user an option. patrick dev support -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Tracey D" <...

Send/Recieve Errors (0X800CCC0F)
Each time I download new e-mail, I get a Sending and Receiving error reported (0X800CCCC0F). "The conncection to the server was interrupted... The server responded ???t?..." I am able to retrieve all my e-mail, but this message keeps coming up. Anyone able to help? The following Technet article may give you a little more information. OL: Error 0x800ccc0d or 0x800ccc0f When Receiving and Sending E-Mail: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;813514&Product=ol2002 -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "scott" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Encryption Types
Hi, Environment: Windows XP SP1 Vers. 5.1.2600 Application: Excel XP SP2 Question: I'd like to protect my workbook with a password to open. When I press "Advanced" button in "Save Options" dialog I get the "Encryption Type" dialog with a ListBox of encryption types. One is "Office 97/2000 compatibel", the other ones are "RC4, ....". What encryption should I select to have a maximum protection? Are there disadvantages to use the one or other encryption? Regards Werner ...

how do you type scientific notation in Word 2003?
I'm trying to type problems that add, subtract,etc, into scientific notation. Such as 1.2 x 10^3 + 2.3 x 10^6 so that the "3" and 6" are shown as an exponents. Hi skcole11, Simple: superscript the the "3" and 6". -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "skcole11" <skcole11@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9295C87B-B5D7-4A8D-A44C-F9C7058F08AF@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to type problems that add, subtract,etc, into scientific notation. > Such as 1.2 x 10^3 + 2.3 x 10^6 so that the "3&q...

Send Fax with .doc and/or .pdf and .xls attachments from CRM SBS
When working with FAX the most common documents to be send are doc,pdf or xls. All these are in CRM not supported and are not working reliable although CRM is propagated as the perfect application to interact with MS-Office applications. In my opinion they should become supported and tested as soon as possible. Here are our test results regarding send FAX with doc files attachments ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Simple Word file with just 1 line of text, and a short English filename [25 KB]. Successfully sent. Word file with a table tha...

Allow or Deny when a Program tries to send an email
I am trying to send a message through Outlook with a vb.net program. I receive a message saying that I can allow or deny this message. After a few of these messages, I started getting a different message that gave me a choice to ALWAYS allow messages to be sent from this program. I don't know what triggered the appearance of this send message. My problem is that I need to install my application on my user machines, does anyone know how to disable this allow or deny message OR trigger the send message which allows me select always allow? Thanks, What version of Out...

Calling employee lookup from button through VBA code
Dear All, Can anyone show me how to call an existing GP employee lookup from a button of a modified form through VBA code. Thanks in advance. -- Developer Hi, If I'm understanding the question - you need to add the lookup button to your project and make sure your project provides that it runs on the modified form. Leslie "Dexdev" wrote: > Dear All, > > Can anyone show me how to call an existing GP employee lookup from a button > of a modified form through VBA code. > > > Thanks in advance. > > -- > Developer Hello Dexdev As per...

Vendor Lookup
One doing the vendor lookup - one user sees the 'show details' information upon lookup; other user sees the vendor list and needs to clik on the show details - how do you get the show details window to be the default option you see. Thansk! Check for full stops/periods/dots on the window title bar before or after the window name. It is possible to use VBA or modifier to open the details automatically. David Musgrave [MSFT] Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions) http://www...