Expand Announcements

Good day to all.

In SP 2007 I'd like to expand my Announcement so the entire message can be
viewed, that is I have one announcement and it's truncated but I'd prefer
that it not be.

Can't seem to figure this out in Views and perhaps there's simply a more
appropriate web part for that.

Recommendations?

Thanks,

AJ

0
AJ

Hi AJ,
  This post on "Expanding the Size of Announcements Web Part" may be what
you are looking for.
http://sharepointsolutions.blogspot.com/2009/02/expanding-size-of-announcements-web.html.

Johnathan

"AJ" <asbjiv@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Good day to all.
>
> In SP 2007 I'd like to expand my Announcement so the entire message can be
> viewed, that is I have one announcement and it's truncated but I'd prefer
> that it not be.
>
> Can't seem to figure this out in Views and perhaps there's simply a more
> appropriate web part for that.
>
> Recommendations?
>
> Thanks,
>
> AJ

0
Johnathan
5/4/2010 6:28:29 PM
Johnathan,

That solution seemed like it would work but it didn't change the layout at
all. I'm curious if I have a default view value that's superseding changes I
make here. No doubt user error is the likely culprit on my part.

Note that I did access the Field... dialog for the web part is Designer 2007
and added Body. While the layout wasn't exactly what I was looking for it
does get the job done.

Thank you.

AJ

"Johnathan Lightfoot" <exnav29@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi AJ,
>  This post on "Expanding the Size of Announcements Web Part" may be what
> you are looking for.
> http://sharepointsolutions.blogspot.com/2009/02/expanding-size-of-announcements-web.html.
>
> Johnathan
>
> "AJ" <asbjiv@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Good day to all.
>>
>> In SP 2007 I'd like to expand my Announcement so the entire message can
>> be viewed, that is I have one announcement and it's truncated but I'd
>> prefer that it not be.
>>
>> Can't seem to figure this out in Views and perhaps there's simply a more
>> appropriate web part for that.
>>
>> Recommendations?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> AJ

0
AJ

Is it normal for a pst file to expand when imported into an ost fi
I had a 2+GB pst file that when imported into my exchange cached environment grew to approximately 20GB. Of course this wreaked havoc on the user's mailbox, and I am now having synchronization and all kind of wierd problems. I guess my first question is, is it normal for a pst file to grow on import? Also, on that import, is it possible for the original pst file to become corrupt, or smaller after the import. I fear that I may have lost some messages in the import In news:88546C4E-0213-4C63-A237-DBF5280576B3@microsoft.com, BookerW <BookerW@discussions.microsoft.com> typ...

Expanding Folders #2
I have a Hotmail account that I read with Outlook 2003, but I can't figure out how to keep the "Hotmail" folder expanded so I can see the "inbox", "Deleted items," "junk email" and "sent items" sub-folders. Thanks in advance for your assistance tubbfan <tubbfan@excite.com> wrote: > I have a Hotmail account that I read with Outlook 2003, but I can't > figure out how to keep the "Hotmail" folder expanded so I can see the > "inbox", "Deleted items," "junk email" and "sent items...

Expand Tag Along
hi, how can i expand the tag along item ,that the cashier can select the tagged item from a list of items (choose a gift for customer sold free with an item). thanks ...

Oulook, Expand/Collapse How to setup from Expand all the time.
It drive me nut to reset this each time I need to look at my contact. Need help on this on. Ernie You can set that in the view settings. While in the view in question go to the View menu > Current View > Customize Current View > Group By dialog and set the expand/collapse setting at the bottom "Ernie" <Ernie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AF7CD991-6AA9-47A8-8B5A-4F601176399C@microsoft.com... > It drive me nut to reset this each time I need to look at my contact. > Need help on this on. > Ernie ...

Automatically Expanding the GL Transaction Entry Grid
Does anybody know the code to automatically expand the grid on the GL Transaction Entry window? I tried to use the same code (adapted) that I used on the payables transaction distribution window, namely: scrollexpandswitch.value = 1 But I got an error when it ran. -- Charles Allen, MVP Using VBA, that is. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Charles Allen" wrote: > Does anybody know the code to automatically expand the grid on the GL > Transaction Entry window? I tried to use the same code (adapted) that I used > on the payables transaction distribution window, namely: >...

ANNOUNCE: xsdb release with N/A support and more
The new xsdbXML_cs_java_py_01 release adds a "not applicable" attribute restriction and completes the same/ifknown/otherwise implementations as well as some bugfixes including a fix for a performance bug in the java implementation. The xsdb framework provides a flexible and well defined infrastructure to allow tabular data to be published, retrieved, and combined over the Internet. There are three separate implementations: a Python implementation, a C#/.NET implementation, and a java implementation. For all implementations all source code is distributed using SourceForge. Read mor...

Expand folders
Hello NG, does somebody know how to configure outlook 2003 that all subfolders of the inbox will be expanded after starting outlook? I think OL2003 saves your views automatically - in other words, if you want them all expanded, the easiest way is to have them all expanded when you close OL, they'll be just like that when you open it again... Unless there's more to this question? HTH JeffG On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 12:10:59 +0100, "Thomas Frisch" <thfrisch@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hello NG, > >does somebody know how to configure outlook 2003 that all subfolders of...

expanded comments on documents
I would like to have the ability to put lengthy transaction descriptions on documents and in GL transactions. Currently, description fields are limited in the GL. Additionally, notes/comments can be lengthy, but report fields for them are limited in the number of characters that appear on the reports. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Mic...

Work Book Category Expanders
I need to create a workbook that has expanders on the vertical numbered row in a blank Excel document. I don't know what these expanders are actually called, but they look like little boxes with plus signs on them (+). Can anybody help me or point me in the direction of resources to format a workbook with these expanders. Much appreciated. Hi, Wendy. Try Data-->Subtotals (see http://www.officearticles.com/excel/getting_subtotals_in_microsoft_excel.htm) or Data-->Group and outline. ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Wendy" <Wendy@discussions.microso...

expanding the side margins in excel does not expand header
When I move the left and right margins in an Excel document the header and footer width does not change. If I try the same thing in Word the header & footer widths match the page left & right margins. Any advice is greatly appreciated. I am using Office 2002 SP3 under Windows XP. -- Thank You John You could paste/paste link the XL sheet into Word, where you can set the headers, or you can use spaces to pad the header/footer. Otherwise you can't adjust the header/footer width independently of the worksheet. In article <442D7102-7522-429B-A981-0A26CB2E5C75@microsoft.com...

Expanding cells
Is there a way to have a cell expand automatically as text is added so the entire text shows without having to manually adjust cell size? Format>Cells>Alignment. Check "wrap text" and Format>Row>Autofit. OR to go the other way, Format>Column>Autofit Selection Note: the entire row or column will expand, not just the one cell. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 17:30:44 -0500, "Jim Varner" <pinger@ec.rr.com> wrote: >Is there a way to have a cell expand automatically as text is added so the >entire text shows without havin...

Expanding all Hyperlinks
I am using Visio 2003 pro I have generated a website map and would like to know if there is a setting to expand all hyperlinks as at the moment they are collapsed. Thank you ...

expanding folders
I am sure I am overlooking something in Outlook 2003. OE has a setting where it would expand the folders for other mail accounts (such as hotmail) when a unread item is in them. example is a new message comes in and it expands the hotmail folders. Can outlook 2003 be configured like this? I did not see a setting and a google brought up a lot of items not really answering my question. thanks all! -- Dave M Etna, Maine USA Radeon 9800Pro 256mb P4 2.8 oc to 3.1 -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -...

How Can I Expand The Headers?
I aplogize for the crosspost. But, I received what I believe to be a virus from an unsolicited source. I contacted their ISP and they stated I should forward the message with expanded headers to them. How can I do this in Outlook XP? Thanks In Advance, Arden --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.563 / Virus Database: 355 - Release Date: 1/17/2004 Arden Robinson wrote: > I aplogize for the crosspost. > > But, I received what I believe to be a virus from an unsolicited source. I > contacted their I...

Expand contract line description
We use the Contract Administration module a great deal, and the contract line description is limited to 30 characters. We would like to see this expanded to about 50 characters or more. Many of the descriptions we enter end up truncated when the description is stored and printed. The system actually allows you to enter more than 30 characters, but only 30 are stored. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do n...

Problem in MS CRM 4.0 with Expand/Collapse on a SSRS 2008 report
Hello, I'm working on a SSRS report wich is deployed in a IFRAME in MS CRM 4.0. The deployement works, the report is available in the IFRAME. I have two linked problems, in my opinion: The function Expand/Collapse works in SSRS, but not in my CRM's IFRAME. The report contains parameters. Changing their values doesn't work in MS CRM, but do work in SSRS viewer and in the report manager. In my CRM report, I see the '+' (for expanding), and when I click on it, the page is reloaded, but nothing changes (it didn't expand). I've noticed that a javascript error is ...

expanding IF
Is there a way to jump to another formula in another cell depending on the result of one cells IF ? I'm looking for a way to include many different choices depending on many different scenarios, kinda like the C language switch case: statements. Besides the IF function there are the CHOOSE, VLOOKUP, INDEX and OFFSET functions that can be used get results from different cells depending on various conditions. If you want full blown programming control you'd have to write your own function in the VBE. With a UDF ("User defined function") you could include a Select sta...

Expand/collapse text?
Good eve', Does anyone have any idea how Visual Studio NET's expand/collapse text can be achieved? Some kinda CTree, or? Any ideas, suggestions, hints or whatever are more than welcome! Regards, Mike -- Remove the underscores from e-mailadress. ...

expanding autotext
I seem to have used up all of my memory available for autotext and autocorrect in Word 2000. Every time I add a new entry to either, one gets deleted. Is there a way to expand or allocate more memory to this? Hi, you have asked your question in a newsgroup for the database product Microsoft Office Access. Please ask your question in an appropriate discussion group for Microsoft Word. Jeanette Cunningham "purplecat" <sherylag@comcast.net> wrote in message news:eQvs3gqdIHA.4164@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I seem to have used up all of my memory available for autotext...

Keeping categories expanded
Can someone tell me how to keep my categories in 'expanded' view on my Calendar page? Everytime I switch to something else [Inbox, for example] and return to the Calendar page, all the Taskpad categories are now minimized. Sorry; your suggestion did not work. I'm trying to keep my=20 tasks under each category in the taskpad in an expanded=20 view. Auto-preview does not do this. >-----Original Message----- >Are you using an Auto-preview view of your taskpad? =20 Right click on any >column in the taskpad, select Customize View and on the=20 Other Settings >button, se...

[announce]Celebrate Independence Day with Stylus Studio
Hear ye, hear ye, all in microsoft.public.dotnet.xml: Stylus Studio (http://www.stylusstudio.com) has issued a call to the global community of XML developers, to celebrate their independence from incomplete and over-priced XML IDEs. With the new product launch of Stylus Studio 6 XML Enterprise Edition, a powerful and productive XML IDE for developing, debugging and now, deploying advanced XML applications, XML developer productivity will be preserved for generations to come, safeguarding the hard-earned independence and the rights of XML developers everywhere. To mark this historic day and ...

HTREEITEM
How can I test my "HTREEITEM currentSelection" to see if it is already expanded before I call Expand(currentSelection, TVE_EXPAND); "GT" <ContactGT_remove_@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:45a655bd$0$1470$c3e8da3@news.astraweb.com... > How can I test my "HTREEITEM currentSelection" to see if it is already > expanded before I call Expand(currentSelection, TVE_EXPAND); Forget that question, I found a toggle, so it doesn't matter: Expand(currentSelection, TVE_TOGGLE); However, what I am trying to do is implement a tree control that expands ...

Expandable list in report?
I want to generate a report (letters) from a query. The query lists 100 unique sites and their corresponding state representative. I want the report to be a letter to each state rep (so grouped by state rep). In the body would be a listing of the sites in their district. Some reps have 1 site, some have as many as 10. In simplified form, I'd like the letter to look like this - Dear Representative Burns, We wanted you to know the following sites are in your district: Site 1 Site 2 Site 3 (list is a different size for each rep) Sincerely, Homer J. S...

ability to expand all windows and data fields in gp 10
---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=31139cb4-2bf1-4eef-8302-6e3489b89024&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains ...

Keeping Foldres Expanded
Everytime I close outlook and re-open it again, the expanded public folders have all collapsed. Is there a setting to keep these public folders constantly expanded???? HELP! ...