Controlling how user posts a blog

Is it possible to control how items are posted on to a blog? The blog owner
would like the readers to be able to respond to his posts but he doesn't want
readers to create a new thread.
thanks in advance

bound control or inbound control
Hi Katherine, There are differences between using bound versus unbound controls. Where on the form do you want to use an unbound control? Jeanette Cunningham "Katherine" <Katherine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23BBC192-0A74-4B9F-9513-5E5923A76658@microsoft.com... > ...

Lock Position Of User Form In VBA
Can Someone Help? Ron De Bruin and Jorge Rodrigues gave sone ideas on how to disable th "X" close button on a user form. However I now need to ensure that the User Form cant be moved down b holding on the program bar and sliding down, as this would revea critical data shown below. Is there a way to lock the position of the User Form? Thanks Celtic_Avenge -- Celtic_Avenge ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Celtic_Avenger's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1410 View this thread: http://www.excelforu...

why won't word 2007 release control of a .rtf file after exiting w
I AM HAVING TROUBLE WITH ACCESS TO RICH TEXT FILES BY PROGRAMS OTHER THAN WORD------ AFTER THE FILE OPEN IN WORD IS CLOSED AND EVEN AFTER WORD HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN (EXITED) ---------- I GET THE ERROR MESSAGE THAT THE FILE IS "IN USE" BY WORD WHEN (FOR EXAMPLE) AN ATTEMPT IS MADE TO DELETE IT ---- SOMETIMES WHEN RE-OPENING THE FILE AFTER RE-STARTING WORD THE FILE CANNOT BE SAVED BECAUSE IT IS IN "READ ONLY" MODE ------- AFTER MUCH FIDDLING AROUND I FINALLY MANAGED TO DELETE THE PROBLEM FILE ONLY TO HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM RETURN WITH A DIFFERNT FILE ----- WORD 200...

RE: Control
Can some one point me right direction to achive this following. Need to dispaly a data in a table format. some of the column data may have to display a image/icon based on a value from the table (1 :- Red color icon, 2:-yellow color icon...) Once the data is loaded and displayed on the format , able to search particular row by column index and update the values including the images(change different image). I tried with Listview control, with the report view I am not able to search row and update the columns with the List vew I am not able to show the image/icon. do not want to use ...

MSCRM login and the Users Control Panel
Is anyone aware of any way that the settings stored under Control Panel - Users - Password Management might interfere with the process of Single Sign On into MSCRM? It seemed to have somehow cached someones login and prevented logging in as the logged in user, until cached credentials had been "deleted". However I have never seen this mentioned as being relevant. I am not too sure what the architecture model is there, but it appears to be a single domain. If this area has any relevance, it would be useful to know....thanks ...

SOP user defined fields
Does anyone know how to delete user defined list values in tools/setup/sales/sales order processing? We can change or add values but when we try to remove a value are getting a "not all required fields have been entered" error. The users currently have it carped up with lots of stuff. Is it prudent to just go directly into the table ( sop40400 ) and delete the goofy records? Thanks found the answer in Customer Source in TechKnowledge 855979 seems a weird way to maintain a table but it's a definitive answer "Brad" wrote: > Does anyone know how to delete use...

Adding a control variable
Hello all, Under VC++ 7.1, I've added a checkbox to a dialog. Using the dialog editor, I am not trying to add a control variable for this check box. However, when I right-click on the check box and select "Add Variable", the resulting wizard dialog does not allow me to select "Control Variable" (it is grayed out). What do I need to do to get a control variable for this check box added to my class? Thanks, Dave I've never seen that before - are you able to duplicate this problem with other projects too? -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] "Dave" <bett...

Spam control - MS Outlook
Hi! I am using MS Outlook 2000 and use 2 profiles. I recently installed a firewall package (Fsecure = Telia S�ker Surf), including Spam control. After install, MSO hangs and I cannot change to the other profile (if I not removed MSO by ctrl/alt/del) Somebody want to comment this? /Sven-Erik Intergrated AV/Spam is the cause of frequent issues in Outlook Is the FSecure you installed compatible with this old version of Outlook? "Storfille" <storfille@ebrev.net> wrote in message news:b1Ixm.11987$U5.164765@newsb.telia.net... > Hi! > > I am using MS Outlook 200...

Reducing Spam Associated with Posting to Newsgroups
Due to a recent increase in spam sent to posters in newsgroups, Microsoft advises that newsgroup participants should consider avoiding posting to newsgroups using their real email address. Microsoft is also committed to continuing to address the issue of spam from a technological perspective. To help avoid receiving unwanted messages (spam) in your regular e-mail account, you may not want to include your regular e-mail address when you post a question or reply to a post in a discussion group. Instead you may want to do one of the following: * Use a modified e-mail address: Use a different v...

question in crm users
hi, we are a service-oriented org and we have delivery boys who needs to be managed in a system. we are looking into CRM and I would like to ask if they require licenses in order to be users and manage as resource group in MSCRM. Hi Benjamin, users with restricted mode access cannot logon into CRM and do not consume CRM license however they are available in resource scheduling. We use this "trick" (which is by design, I believe) quite often to schedule human resources who do not need to be users of CRM. I think this is exactly what you're after. Hope it helps -- Geor...

Releasing memory after creating OCX control
Hi, I try to create an instance of an activex control in my MFC dialog based app. Though my application works with out any error, if i check the memory after calling "delete pMyControl" it keeps on occupying the same memory it occupied when the control was alive. Could anyone help me where I am missing to clear the memory? Thank you. My Code here ---------------m_pxWmp= new CWMPPlayer4();if( m_pxWmp->Create("replay", WS_CHILD | WS_BORDER | WS_VISIBLE , CRect(100, 100,320,240), this, 2)){ m_replay = true; m_pxWmp->SetUrl("C:\\video.avi"); m_pxWmp->Set...

stock control system
trying to see up a 'basic stock control sytem' for a warehouse that contains building materials. -- Thank you. You can use multiple ways of doing, there's 3 ways to come to m head... 1) Use a worksheet as database an save all the information on the cell of that worksheet using some macros to access it and handle. 2) You might want to use Access instead of Excel, I think would b easier to handle the database portion and you still have the Macro available. 3) You can use VB with an Access to create an application -- fanay ------------------------------------------------------...

what control can display characters from txt files in a dialog?
I want to read lines from txt files and display them on a dialog.I wonder which control can be put into the dialog to hold the characters from txt? Something like :- while(m_file.ReadString(tmpstr)) { str += tmpstr; } m_edit.SetWindowText(str); -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] "liao_xf" <sclxf@sina.com> wrote in message news:001401c3652f$177b9830$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Thanks first! > I know that Edit control can receive and edit input. > and I know the filestdio can read lines from txt. > but can you tell me how to attatch the lines to the edit? > Thanks!...

Office 2007 forms

Creating dialog controls at run-time
I've been researching how to do this, but whenever I try what other people do, I get very bad results. But my challenge doesn't end there. The number of controls I want to create is only known at run-time. The problems I face are manifold: 1. The code most people use fails badly. Not only is the font unconventionally big, but when I click the checkbox I create, the whole dialog disappears. If that's not enough, the pointer to the control is NULL when the dialog's destructor is called, so I can't delete the instance, and get a memory leak message when the program ends: CADi...

MDI support in ATL composite control
Hi, I have components created in ATL. The components are ATL composite controls. Entire work has been done till now using ATL, however I now need to give MDI type of work area (based o doc-view architecture) within the control. I have class derived from CMDIFrameWnd. However when I try to initialize instance of this class by calling "Create" method of CFrameWnd (base class in CMDIFrameWnd), I get error and creation fails. Tracing the code, I found that base class create method calls "AfxGetInstanceHandle" to get handle to the DLL. Now since this is ATL Composite control, ...

View Filtering and Access Controls for Business Units
I am trying to implement MS-CRM for my company. We have multiple Business Units . I need to give views to each Business Units so that they see only their own Contacts/Accounts/Opp lists. How do I accomplish this ? Also, If I gave inter business unit acesses , how do I make sure that the one business unit users can not modify any fields on other's Business Unit's records ? Thanks in advance for any help, Kishore This is quite easy to do with CRM. Assuming you have already created your Business Units in CRM, you can view a security role within one of the Business Units and a...

"User Log In/Out" callback in Win32 API
Folks, Is there some callback method from Windows to notify a process/ thread when a user is logging in/out in thew Win32 API?? Any help would be appreciated Cheers Peter ...

Tab Control Problems
I previously worked in VC++ 6.0, and have several applications that have either custom shadebox controls, or tab controls or group boxes. In all cases, when I moved the applications over to VS.NET 2003, everything was fine, except in the resource editor, I cannot see any of the controls that have been overlayed on a tab control, or a custom shadebox control and in some cases group boxes. I can tab to them and see the outline, but I cannot see the actual controls. If I drag a new control onto the tab control, I can see the control, but once it is saved, I can no longer access the cont...

Posted Order in SOP V9.0
I have an ORDER assigned to a batch that should have been deleted, but somehow the order got posted. We do not post orders. How can I delete this order? Thanks, Phil Camp Hopkinsville Milling Co. philcamp@hesenergy.net Phil, How would you say "the order has been posted"? In SOP, you _can't_ post orders, that isn't an option. So I'm not sure what you are looking at. patrick mbs dev support -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Phil Camp" <philcamp@hesenergy.net> wrote in message news:%23f...

Problem changing user password
Sbs2003 with updated service packs. I am the administrator, and am having problems changing my personal user password. Attempting to change password using Server management gives the following error from active directory. =93windows cannot complete the password change for =93user name=94 because: Access is denied. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks in advance... What happens if you try to change it from the ctrl+alt+del interface? <emptybottlechicago@gmail.com> wrote in message news:b7a26a5e-671d-4735-9648-1e298c5c0cfd@o8g2000yqo.googlegroups.com... > S...

Other Users Mailbox Access
I've recently migrated mailboxes from Exchange 2000 to 2003. However, I now cannot open other users Inboxes or Mailboxes through Outlook as I used to. In case you're wondering, I'm the E-mail administrator...and not just someone who likes to read other people's emails! Accessing other users mailboxes was something I found very useful when helping our users with various issues and it's a functionality I need to regain. I presume it'll be a permissions issue... but I've checked all the DACLs of the new Mailbox Stores and I'm a member of all the Admin groups...

FindRecord Control Button
i built a find record control button so a user can type in the form number and go there but it only searches the field that the cursor is in and the form # is not on the tab order(purposely). How can i specify where the find record function searches? thanks Ryan, usually people use an unbound combo box or an unbound text box for searching. There is a sample download with code of a search form at http://www.allenbrowne.com/ser-62.html If you need help to get it working, post back. You can also use the wizard to put a combo for searching on your form. On the form in design view, click the...

mouse is user-defined, when mouse move to another dialog, mouse disappeared
We are doing a program running in a game. The game's mouse is user-defined, my program's dialog pop-up in game by Hook. my dialog can show in game normally, and can capture keyboard event. but mouse disappeared when mouse move from game to my dialog, and mouse will show normally when mouse leave my dialog. mouse event respond. although mouse disappeared I can drag my dialog using mouse. I think mouse need re-draw when move to my dialog, but I do know how to do. Please give advice, thank in advance. ...

Controls coordinates
Hi everyone, Could somebody give me a simple example of getting a controls coordinates and then using them to put the control back where it was. So basicaly the control hasn't moved. Here's what I'm doing: m_cQuality.GetWindowRect(&qualityRC); ClientToScreen(&qualityRC); // int temp=qualityRC.Height(); // qualityRC.top=unyteRC.bottom-temp; // qualityRC.right=qualityRC.Width(); // qualityRC.left=0; // qualityRC.bottom=qualityRC.top+temp; // m_cQuality.MoveWindow(&qualityRC); m_cQuality.SetWindowPos(this, qualityRC.left, qualityRC.top, qualityRC.Width(), qualityRC.He...