Broken site

We had a sub site that was working fine (training schedules template
from MS). The one day we just got 404 whenever we went there.
The site is listed in the collections structure and content and can be
seen in stsadm -o enumallwebs but we can't browse to it.

After giving up on everything I exported the site to a bak file and
deleted the sub site. I confirmed the site was gone.
Then I created the site again. Same name and url. After the "creating
site" page we are redirected to the new site and get the 404 again!

I thought maybe the template was broken so I created the site same
name/url but with a different template. Exactly the same result!

So I created a new site and this time gave it a name and url of
training2 (instead of training) and it worked perfectly!

What is stopping us creating (recreating) a site named training and at
the url http://oursite/training?
Is something broken in the DB or in IIS?

I tried stsadm databaserepair but zero orphaned items. This has had me
stumped for days and I have no idea what to do!
0
JackSpratt

Authentication broken....
We have had CRM 3 running for about 1 month now with no problems. One of my colleagues started messing around with CRM Mobile, and since then we have major authentication issues with CRM 3. Some users can log on as normal via either the web client or the Outlook client, while others get a login prompt and their credentials are not accepted at all. IIS is set to integrated for crm, they have user accounts within crm and the restricted access box isn't ticked. Anybody seen this before? ...

moving web site
I need some advice. I currently have a website on the same server as my exchange server, www.mysite.com. my users go to OWA through www.mysite.com/exchange. I am now moving the website to another server, but I want my users to continue to use the original server for OWA. I will change my dns to direct www.mysite.com to the new server. I will add a new record to my dns exchange.mysite.com that would go to my original server - the exchange server, but am unclear how to set this website up to handle OWA. I am sure I am making this more complicated than it needs to be. First priority is no...

Broken links?
I am currently using Microsoft Publisher to maintain a website for a student organization. Ever since I got the file from the previous web admin, I have had issues saving the web page; publisher is constantly freezing when I try to save changes I have made. Publisher will eventually unfreeze itself and correctly save changes to the publisher file itself, but now every time I tell it to publish to web, Publisher freezes at the step where the little window with the file folder transferring files to the globe and whites out. I then have to close and reopen the program, but after checking the s...

Tasks Broken?
Out of the blue for some reason, when I recieve a task, and I click accept nothing happens. I'm not sure why.. i'm running windows 2000 TS and Office outlook version... 2003 (11.8002.6568) SP2 Any thoughts are appreciated. thanks! Yes, task requests are apparently broken if you applied the January = Outlook security update. Stay tuned.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http...

2 sites / 2 exchange servers / 1 domain name / 1 db
We have a site in NY, a site in MN, is it possible with exch2003 server to have seperate servers at each site, using the same domain name and the same or replicating databases? The reason I ask is because with 5.5 it wasn't possible. Any help/thoughts is appreciated. -Dan Hello Dan, It's possible to have 2 separate Exchange servers (1 at each site) to service the same domain name, as long as both sites are part of the same AD forest. As far as sharing a database, or replicating databases, this isn't possible. You could have one database and allow the site with fewer us...

Passwords for my site?
How do I create password-protected material in Publisher? You will need to chat with your ISP on this. We have a logon/password protected folder on our lodge website for the purpose of providing proprietary information to the members which works very well. In our case it required a .htpasswd and .htpasswd files plus a cgi-bin folder. For review of the steps to create password protected website on our ISP look here: https://support.iinet.com/answer.html?category=5&topic=topic=htpasswd&ost=General&osv=0 This message is not a means to create your required data, it is meant for...

Broken Exchange Information Store
I do support work for a small company, 8 users, on as needed basis. Their system is exchange 5.5, NT-4 service pack 6. On Friday, someone tried to email out a 190 MB video file. Something crashed and the information store no longer starts. No viable back-up exists. I have backed-up the priv.edb and pub.edb and tried using eseutil to repair and defrag. Priv.edb starts at 2.3 GB and defrags to 480 MB; Pub.edb starts at 480 MB and drops to 117MB. Program found errors and reported corrections. Isinteg aborts running any and all tests. I have never had trouble with Exchange before so I...

Broken site
We had a sub site that was working fine (training schedules template from MS). The one day we just got 404 whenever we went there. The site is listed in the collections structure and content and can be seen in stsadm -o enumallwebs but we can't browse to it. After giving up on everything I exported the site to a bak file and deleted the sub site. I confirmed the site was gone. Then I created the site again. Same name and url. After the "creating site" page we are redirected to the new site and get the 404 again! I thought maybe the template was broken so I created...

Determining a computer's AD site
What is the most accurate way to determine what site a computer is in by examining that computer? I've read that the "HKLM\SYSTEM \CurrentControlSet\Services\Netlogon\Parameters \DynamicSiteName" and SiteName if it exists are not 100% accurate and have noticed times when it didn't seem to be. thanks - JayDee Hello JayDee, Use: nltest /dsgetsite or in a script: Set oSysInfo = CreateObject("ADSystemInfo") MsgBox oSysInfo.SiteName From: http://windowsitpro.com/article/articleid/45471/q-how-can-a-client-computer-determine-which-site-it-belongs...

Fix Broken Cell Formula with VBA
Greetings, I have a cell formula that is damaged each time I run a delete to remove excess rows before a paste & copy. this formula links to a cell that is always deleted. So I am trying to repair this formula at the end of each cycle. Here is the correct formula: =IF(A11="Proximates","Click","") Here is the same formula after the delete: =IF(#REF!="Proximates","Click","") I tried to fix this in the code that does the finale copy & paste with this: Range("B2").Formula = "=IF(A11=...

Broken Loan Series?
My house loan payment some times gets out of sync with the bill payment series. (I think Money occasionally misses the match after downloading my bank statements, and I don't catch it.) When this happens, I need to delete a payment in the Bills & Deposits list, since it shows past due. Occasionally (twice now) when I do this the loan changes from a Category of Loan Payment (tied to my loan) in to a Paycheck! If I edit the bill series, the splits don't add up to the total (they sum the wrong way, so the Unassigned is twice the loan payment). No matter what I do at this pa...

moving mailbox between sites
in our exchanganization there are 2 sites each with it's own receipents ,i want to move user between site to site ,i tried move server tool ,since we our exchange 5.5 with service 4 ,its is not working ,i even tried uninstalling service pack but not posssible ,.is there any tool or procedure to do move mailbox between sites.my aim is merge 2 sites into one There may be a slick way to do this via a tool or a procedure but I have not investigated this much. In the past, I simply add a .pst folder to the users Outlook profile and have him move all necessary email (.pst folders have a 2G...

GP8
Hello. I am trying to delete items at a specific site, and then delete the site. I am down to my last item !! :) ... and get the following message: This item/site record can't be deleted because an unposted trx exists for this item at this site. I cannot find this trx !! Would anyone have some suggestions as to where to search? What SQL table(s) to query? (I'm thinking it may be a 'broken' trx and will try to run checklinks and reconcile if/when I can get users off the system). Thx in advance. M. other things to check, purchase orders, PO Receiving transaction, sale...

How do I create a broken X axis in Excel?
I would like to create a broken gap in the x axis of xy (scatter) chart in order to reduce the portion of unused data in the chart along the x axis. (Office 2000) Apply this technique to the X axis: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BrokenYAxis.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "TSW" <TSW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3A289CF9-2E52-4B0F-A59D-DBA5D8926CB3@microsoft.com... >I would like to create a broken gap in the x axis of xy (scatter) ch...

Exchange 5.5 with multiple servers in one site
Hi All, I am trying to setup a second Exchange server because my company is growing so rapidly. If I add another server and make it part of the current SITE. Both servers can share one Global Address book thru directory replication. How does the user logon? If there is two servers A and B, can a person with mailbox on server B logon thru server A? What about routing, when an email comes in for person@xyz.com and his mailbox resides on server B will server A forward it to server B? Thanks for your help. Will On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 16:52:52 -0400, "Will" <will8410@yahoo.com&...

CompanyWeb Broken
Was working yesterday! but did some updates last night: Cumulative Security Update for ActiveX Killbits for Windows Server 2008 x64 Edition (KB980195) Installation date: ‎14/‎06/‎2010 19:44 Installation status: Successful Security Update for Windows Server 2008 x64 Edition (KB980218) Installation date: ‎14/‎06/‎2010 19:44 Installation status: Successful Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 8 for Windows Server 2008 x64 Edition (KB982381) Installation date: ‎14/‎06/‎2010 19:43 Installation status: Successful Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1, Windows Vista SP2, ...

quantity/site deletion
I'm trying to delete a site on v9. I know I have to delete the item quantity records that exists in that site first. Using the interface, I get the error message 'The item site record cannot be deleted because an unposted transaction exists for this item at this site'. The item in question has no quantities associated with it and the ONLY transaction on the db is a PO that was raised and cancelled for this item. Clearly no 'posting' remaining. What am I missing? thanks. On Sep 10, 9:53 am, mey...@hotmail.com wrote: > I'm trying to delete a site on v9. I know ...

Help Needed Installing Templates D/Led from Microsoft Templates Site
I recently D/Led a bunch of templates for Word and Excel. After the D/L completed, there were a number of cab files in the target folder. However, none of the files have a default application assigned. Stuffit will not work, and a search of the MS site left me cold. I am running Office X, Mac OS X Tiger. Can someone tell me how I exptract files from cab files. Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated. -- Thanks Gary Edmonton, Alberta, Canada Out of some piece of idiocy, you can't download templates in a Mac-usable form. If you can do the extraction on a windows compute...

Broken Reports
There are several default reports that are broken. MS admits that the reports are broken and even offers 'fixed' reports through CustomerSource. The best example is the Reports | Sales | Detailed Sales report that incorrectly calculates costs and profits on returned items. The 'fixed' report, 'Detailed Sales with Return Values' is available from CustomerSource. Why not simply replace the default report with one that works? This flaw has been known and acknowledged by MS (by way of the fixed report being available on CustomerSource) since at least v1.2. Fixed ...

Force client refresh after site update. How to?
Hi, Can someone please suggest a reliable way of forcing refresh of a site that has been updated? I'm running into problems with java script and some images (e.g. menu backgrounds, buttons, etc.) which do not always get sent to clients after being changed. The only solution seems for clients to click "Refresh" button in their browser. Thanks. Hi, Make the behaviour of update button to submit <form method="post" action="/Home/UpdatePage.aspx?Action=Update" > <input type="submit" runat="server" id="bt...

Suddenly, to-do list is broken
Good afternoon. Thanks for letting me part of this forum. I am using Outlook 2007. Things have been rolling along very well. Thi morning I closed Outlook while I left for a while. Now that I am back whenever I open Outlook my to-do bar will not display any tasks (no will they show in the task list in the week view of the calendar) Instead, there is a message saying, "The Operation Failed. An objec could not be found." The tasks are still there and I can access the via the tasks tab, but the to-do bar and the calendar are missing th tasks, which is what really made me fall in love w...

PDF In Publisher designed web site
Is it possible toembed a multipage PDF in a web site designed in Publisher so that the user of the web site can access all the pages? If so, how? You don't embed the PDF file, you upload it to your webhost (usually in a separate folder) and write a link to the file. The file will download, and or automatically open if the user has the Adobe Reader installed. Reference: Including external files in a Publisher web: http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/archive/2006/01/07/80561.aspx DavidF "CHuck" <CHuck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A33CD5CA-BD3B-4E9B-8...

Broken CMonthCalCtrl ?
I have multiselect CMontCalCtrl and sometimes I need to select days across month boundary and a calendar page. I do this by calling SetSelRange() and everything works fine until I try to scroll months. When I switch the calendar page to the other month the selection is incorrect. It looks like the calendar doesn't refresh it - the month is different but the selected days stays the same on each page ( the same as on the first page ). Maybe I missed something. I call SetMaxSelCount(180),SetRange( a_few_months ), SetSelRange( a_few_months ) and it doesn't work. Whats wrong with it ? Kami...

remove whole site in EX 5.5
1. How to remove whole site in Exchange 5.5? Administartor did not allw to do this. 2. Is ti danger to remove whole site? Has somone got any expirence? thanks tadek s "tadeks@bioton.pl" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:4a3f01c3e423$999a7250$a601280a@phx.gbl: > 1. How to remove whole site in Exchange 5.5? > Administartor did not allw to do this. > > 2. Is ti danger to remove whole site? > Has somone got any expirence? What is your intent? It is dangerous to your data. Regards, -- Arlo Clizer Exchange MVP FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/reso...

Displaying proper web site for record
Hi, I would like to have the proper web site display inside the Web Browser control on a form when I am navigating through records. The url is in a text field with the table associated with the form. So far I have only been able to get the web site to appear by visibly placing the url on the form in a text and using a on click event as such: Private Sub Homepage_Click() WebBrowser2.Navigate (Homepage.Text) End Sub Not very elegant but I cannot figure how to get access to do this on its own when I change records. Thanks for the help, Steve. Steve, try setting your textbox format...