Archiving pages

Hi All,

The pages in one of the our publishing site are around 1500. So it?s showing effect on search crawling index and sometimes throwing an error like System out of memory (usually in full crawl). Our ram size is 4 gb for index server. Is there any method for archive the pages in page document library. And the important thing is the data must be handy, so the archival process should accommodate ability to retrieve the archived content quickly. pls suggest me.

Thanks in Advance
sukumar.k

Consuming WebServices with SSL and HTTP BASIC Authentication
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/02783ce1-1863-474e-a70a-b4eac36067e8/consuming-webservices-wit.aspx
0
sukumar

move to archived folders works, archiving to same archived folders does not work
We are using Outlook 2000 with Exchange 2000. Most of our users work on Terminal Server. Their pst-files are stored on a directory on the file and print server. Some of these users can move mails from their mailbox to their archived folders, but cannot archive to it. They get the message that the pst file cannot be opened. However at that moment they can still browse in their archived folders, move mail to it and so on. For one user I created a new pst file, but the problem staid the same. Does anyone have experience with this? ...

IE7 using 80% CPU when opening CRM pages
Just installed Internet Explorer 7 to test it out with CRM and I'm having one issue. Whenever I open up a Contact record, Opportunity record, etc... IE 7 will take up 80% of the CPU for a good 10 seconds. During that time, the window is unusable. My machine is the first one I've tested this on. Has anyone else seen this? Yes I also get this. I would like to roll out IE7, but this problem will stop this from happening! On Fri, 3 Nov 2006 06:53:02 -0800, Matt M <MattM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Just installed Internet Explorer 7 to test it out with CRM and I&#...

Archive
Hi, I'm trying to archive some calendar items and have found the archive settings for the folder. When I run the archive process the items are not moved from the calendar and the folder size is not reduced. I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me how to set this up so that items prior to a point in time can be moved off so that the size of my calendar folder doesn't reach the size limit of my over zealous exchange administrator. Cheers, Darren. Check the Modified date on the items that aren't being archived as you think they should. That's the date Outlook uses to...

Archiving pages
Hi All, The pages in one of the our publishing site are around 1500. So it?s showing effect on search crawling index and sometimes throwing an error like System out of memory (usually in full crawl). Our ram size is 4 gb for index server. Is there any method for archive the pages in page document library. And the important thing is the data must be handy, so the archival process should accommodate ability to retrieve the archived content quickly. pls suggest me. Thanks in Advance sukumar.k Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Consuming WebServices...

Page Setup options are blank
When I go to the printing page setup for either Memo Style or Table Style and go to the "Format" tab, the "Options" area in the lower left is blank and greyed out, like you can see here: http://home.comcast.net/~pjensen/outlook_options.JPG I'm sure that there is supposed to be something in there for setting up print options. What is wrong, and how can I fix it? I've tried toggling on and off the "use Word as e-mail editor", but it didn't do anything. FYI -- this is a custom install of XP created through the Custom Installation Wizard. But it h...

deleting empty folders after archive
IS there a way to delete folders which are left empty after you perform an archive? I have approx 300 or so folders that are empty since my archive application completed but they still show up and there seems to be no way except one at a time to delete them. There should be a method to state if folder size = 0 then delete folder. Shane ...

Archival Data -- Managing over Time
I am developing a set of data that I will do some research on, and others as well. My plan is to keep the source data in one workbook in a very simple format, and not do any calculations or charts in that workbook. I'll do my charts in other workbooks, and will send the source data workbook to others when they request. The idea is to reduce corruption and accidental modifications to the source data over time. Is this a good plan? Any other comments about how to protect the accuracy and stability of the source data over time? I understand I can essentially make the source file read...

Pages Per Sheet
I want to print a small list multiple times on one sheet. When I go to print, layout, and select 16 pages per sheet, all I get is one itty bitty tiny page. How do I make all 16 pages print to one sheet? Thanks in advance! Use Word instead, which does provide that feature. onebodaciousbabe03 wrote: > I want to print a small list multiple times on one sheet. When I go to > print, layout, and select 16 pages per sheet, all I get is one itty bitty > tiny page. How do I make all 16 pages print to one sheet? Thanks in advance! hi i think it did print 16 pages per sh...

Email announcement on user account page
I am running Windows XP. My ISP is Comcast. My Windows user account page--the one that displays my user icon, and where I enter my password--has started displaying a message about the contents of one of my email accounts at Comcast. This is a new account that I set up a couple of days ago as a sender address when using Word '07's email merge function. Mail merge is working just fine, but I've never before seen in Windows an announcement about the contents of my Comcast mailboxes. I don't know what I did to set it up, and I'd like to get rid of it. Thanks in...

Web Page Dialog fields
Q1. When I Cancel the Order (or close the Opportunity), the Web Page Dialog pops up. This dialog has a "Description" field. Where is this information stored? I cancelled an Order, enetered the description, but could not locate it anywhere on the form. I also checked the FilteredSalesOrder view in database and it is not there either. I wanted to include this information in an e-mail generated by workflow rule on order status change. Q2 The same web page dialog box (Cancel order) has Status reason which has only one drop down option "No Money". However, the attribute st...

3 labels per page
I have a report header (0.2"), a detail section of 4.597", and a group footer (1"). The page margins are 0.5" top and bottom. I have to print 3 certification cards per page - and keep the data in the same spot on each page. The 1st sub (below) suppresses the group footer for the 3rd label on each page. The 2nd and 3rd subs are used to skip a card if the user wants to start the printing on the 2nd or 3rd card instead of the 1st. My problem is when I enter any number other than 0 to skip labels, the labels "creep up" the page. I'm think...

page frame locking
I think page frame locking is extremely restrictive. Does anyone use any other techniques for record locking. ...

multiple users edit the same page
I have published a series of pages to a common location on a server, and others can edit but not simultaneously (just one at a time, and then they must leave OneNote so others can then edit). What permissions or other sharing methods can accomplish this? Thanks, Mike -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > I have published a series of pages to a common location on a server, and > others can edit but not simultaneously (just one at a time, and then they > must leave OneNote so others can then edit). What permissions or other > sharing methods can accomplish this?...

duplicate messages when opening archives / archive inbox emptied?
Outlook appears to be re-downloading all messages (700+) from my hotmail pop3 account. (again...) This only (?) appears to happen on the same days when I try and find an archived email in my inbox. The two times that it has happened today (it has never happened twice on one day before), I was working on a Word document. So I was not deleting emails at the time. (I have seen an errata re to message IDs getting out of sync, but this looks like a different problem.) I do not think that it is my Norton anti-virus. I have disabled the email portion of the software after the fir...

Archive an Archive?
LOL, i'm sure this will sound like a dumb idea but ... I want to set up a sorta two tier archive system ... Archive once to keep the PST folders small say keep everything within the last 3 months in the first archive have it accessable say for the last years worth of email, but archive anything older then a year to a new archive folder that can be burned off to a dvd or cd for filing.. Any thoughts or recommendations? Use Auto-archiving feature in Outlook to do this. You could set it up so it archives mail older than 12 months to a file named archive.pst and burn that pst file ...

Cannot get page numbers on my slides using insert page numbers
I can only get 'footyers' with page numbers to appear on first and last slide...how do I get the info on the rest of the slides? PowerPoint 2007 Insert / Text group / Header & Footer / window of same name launches / Slide tab / click in Slide number so that it has a tick (check) in it / Apply to All If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "sunshine" wrote: > I can only get 'footyers' with page numbers to appear on first and last > slide...how do I get the info on the rest of the slides? You must have two things f...

Macro to print individual pages in a group
My request is due a printer problem, happens that I have to print a report of 52 pages, every time I print them as a group I only got a few pages OK the rest is garbage, I have reinstalled the system and same thing. What I wanted to do was to set up a macro (after I choose all the pages as a group) to print page 1 pf 52, then page 2 of 52, and so on, I can set 32 lines in the macro for this, but I am just wondering if any of you have a shorter way to do this. Thanks Fernando Fernando G, wrote: > My request is due a printer problem, happens that I have to print a > report of 52 page...

moving pages #4
I have a file in Publisher that contains 20 pages and I would like to move some pages around. I would like to move page 7 to page 10. How would I do that? Thanks. Peter McCaul <compcoff@hotmail.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I have a file in Publisher that contains 20 pages and I would like to > move some pages around. I would like to move page 7 to page 10. Which version of Publisher are you using? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher 2000 "Ed Bennett" <the_nerd@mvps.org> wrote in message news:OC$ouvBKGHA.1028@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... >...

archived messages #2
i recently archived a large number of messages from the last year or so, but when i open the .pst file in outlook 2000 it says that there are no files contained. i know there is data there because the .pst file reads a size of 162MB on my drive. where is this info and why can i not access it? also, everytime i view the properties[advanced properties] for this file there is a check box selected that reads "file is ready for archiving" which none of my other archive files have checked. but once i uncheck that box and try to open the file it resets that option to the way it...

Archive
Has there been a resolution to this as I have a member of staff with the exact same problem and I have to give him and endless cap :/ EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com ...

Word 2007 Page Margin Question
Word 2007, Where is the option in Page setup - THIS PAGE ONLY I want different page setup for different pages, but in 2007 version, I dont see it. -- jnathan Margin settings are attributes of Sections, not of pages (and it has been that way in all versions of Word). Therefore, if you want to vary the margin settings, you will need to separate the pages with next page Section Breaks. It is however possible to have a different Odd and Even page layout which can be set via the Layout tab of the Page Setup dialog and also you can achieve a different first page (o...

Automatically saving Calendar as web page
Hi Can somebody help me out? What I want to automate my Calendar Save as Web page. Let's say every hour or so. The motivation is that a schedule will publish every 2 hours an update of my calendar on my website. I don't have always access to my computer to manually do the Save as Web page, but I do synchronize from time to time my PPC with my Outlook over the Internet. These changes in Calendar must reflect as well on my website to inform some people when I have meeting opportunities. So far I couldn't see any way to automate it. My guess a macro can do the trick, but my sk...

Publisher 2003 Page Numbering
Is it possible to number the pages in a Publisher document starting from a specific page number (eg Page 35). If it's possible, how do you do it? The help files don't... TIA GG GordonG wrote: > Is it possible to number the pages in a Publisher document starting > from a specific page number (eg Page 35). > > If it's possible, how do you do it? The help files don't... > > TIA > > GG ====================== Try going to...Insert / Section -- ******John Inzer******** **MS Picture It! MVP** *****Digital Image****** Highlights and FAQs http://tinyurl....

Page Load/Click Event Timing Issue
I have a webform that alters it's content depending on whether or not the current user is logged in. It does this in the Page_Load event. My master page has a logout button. If the user clicks this button, it fires the Page_Load event in my content page, the Page_Load event in my master page, and finally the Logout_Click event for my logout button. This means that my code that alters the page (depending on whether or not the current user is logged in) fires before the code that logs the user out. This results in serving a page for a logged-in user when they are now logged ...

Archive not archiving
Help please. I am trying to archive email folders. Archive runs, creates an archive folder (and .pst file) but does nothing else. i.e no data is moved to the Archive folders. This is not a case of selected date - a lot of this info is 2 years old. No matter what date I select nothing is moved. Same if i try to archive calendar or other folders. I see others have had this problem - is there a solution or is this an outlook problem. Any help appreciated. Thanks D If you are working with an Exchange Server you may want to look at MKBA 297226 and 143376. >-----Original Mes...