alternate access mapping

Hi -
We created a SP virtual server (replicate) that we will be using as a test
server.  One problem that I'm having is that we renamed the server - we added
alternate access mappings to the test servername (on the test server) - (this
is using the Central Administration tool) but I can't seem to change the test
server to the default??  I'm finding where to do it, it just is not doing
anything when I switch it????  The test server is currently listed as
EXTRANET and the production server is still at DEFAULT.  I need the test
server to be the DEFAULT, and could actually delete the production....
Any ideas???    Thanks for your help!!!
Cindy
--
Cindy B

The 'Zones" as listed in the Alternate Access Mappings are actually
irrelevant when it comes to function and could have been called just about
anything. (Ok, for the purists out there you do have some specific
functionality tied to the default zone that is not applicable to the other
four). Still, you should simply be able to go to the AAM settings for your
Web Application, (be sure you are adjusting the correct web application) and
enter the URL you want as your default etc. What is happening and how are
you trying to do this?

--
Daniel A. Galant

Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine.

"Cindy" <benedett@brainerd.net> wrote in message
> Hi -
> We created a SP virtual server (replicate) that we will be using as a test
> server.  One problem that I'm having is that we renamed the server - we
> added
> alternate access mappings to the test servername (on the test server) -
> (this
> is using the Central Administration tool) but I can't seem to change the
> test
> server to the default??  I'm finding where to do it, it just is not doing
> anything when I switch it????  The test server is currently listed as
> EXTRANET and the production server is still at DEFAULT.  I need the test
> server to be the DEFAULT, and could actually delete the production....
> Any ideas???    Thanks for your help!!!
> Cindy
> --
> Cindy B

0
Daniel

SQL Insert from Access
I have a query in access 2003 containing new patients that needs to be inserted into a SQL server 2005 table. This will be done once a month. ImportData contains the connection string. Can anyone finish the syntax or tell me a better way of doing this. Thanks in advance. Kurt =============================================================================================== Set cnn = New ADODB.Connection cnn.Open ImportData strSQL = "INSERT INTO dbo.tblPatients (PFirstName, PLastName, MedicalRecNumber,DOB,MRSNID,EmployeeID)" strSQL = strSQL & "SEL...

import access query (variable parameter)
Hi everyone. i recorded a macro using the query databse. I was able to get the info from the access query. But as i will need this information weekly i would have to change the dates of the macro every time. Is there a way to enter the starting and ending dates in 2 cells, and have the macro takeing this dates as the parameter to get the data? Here is part of the macro that i wrote (i think it's the part where the dates are defined). How do i have to change it? "General QGeneral" & Chr(13) & "" & Chr(10) & "WHERE (QGeneral.Date>={ts &#...

What's the proper ODBC Access for GP 7.5?
We recently upgraded to GP 7.5, and migrated it to our current SQL server. We were told that the best way to connect to the ODBC for GP was to do so using the SA account. Now, if we type in the password for the SA account on our user's ODBC connections, we are negating the Domain Authentication security that we already had in place with our SQL Server. What rights are needed for a GP User to access the database via ODBC? We'd really like to use another accoutn, other than one that has unlimited rights on the SQL Database. Since Great Plains encripts the passwords to SQL yo...

MSCommCtrl alternative??
I would like to use the com port to communicate with an external device. MSComm32, an ActiveX control, fits the bill fine for this if you happen to have a dialog open that can parent the control. That way, you can create a control variable of the Comm32 class and have access to all its glory. In my application, I have no dialog that hosts the control. I realize this exposes my ignorance of ActiveX and COM but is there a reasonably simple way to get access to an ActiveX control's functionality without having it reside in a dialog? Thanks in advance, Bob Bob Curry wrote: > I would ...

Granting access to sub-folders for other users
Can someone tell me how I can give users access to a particular user's sub-folder in contacts. I'm using Exchange 5.5 with Outlook 2000. Thanks in advance. Check Tools | Services | Delivery. Is the default delivery location set to the Exchange Server mailbox? If so, try this: First of all, display the folder list if it's not already displayed (View | Folder List). Right click the top-level folder in the list (Mailbox - <person's name) and select Properties. On the Permissions tab, grant the folder visible permission to all that need to see the Contacts subfolder. W...

RE: Importing Accounts / Contact for all access
Hello, i am new to CRM. I want to imports accounts / contacts from one csv file. But i want it to be viewable by all users in the system, i have done it twice under my account, but only me get access to the data.. any help ?? Hi Jean, Notice that the default view in CRM is to only see your own records. so maybe your other users are only looking at there own accounts, and should simply change their view to active accounts. if that's not the case, maybe they don't have the appropriate permissions to view all accounts. Hope this help, Chen "Jean Maurice Melchiade Prosper"...

Exchange Access to Remote Office
I have a remote office that is connected through a VPN on a somewhat unreliable internet service. We have no other options for connectivity this point. We have Exchange 2003 with the clients running Outlook 2003 on a terminal server at their location. We were excited to hear about Outlook's cached Exchange mode because it would help the users retain access to their existing email should the VPN go down. We soon realized that Cached Exchange Mode is not supported on Terminal Services unfortunately. What I want to know is it at all possible to work around this or configure Exchange differe...

Alternative to
Hi all, Thanks for your help in advance. Well I am at nadir in terms of knowledge of MFC and any other GUI development thing, But I have to solve a Bug which is like that in a Window, a menu which appears on double right click should come up instead in single right click. It is using currently the following things to do the same ON_NOTIFY_REFLECT(NM_RCLICK, OnRclick) void CTreeInfoWnd::OnRclick(NMHDR* pNMHDR, LRESULT* pResult) Earier I thought I should use the following ON_WM_RBUTTONDOWN() void CTreeInfoWnd::OnRButtonDown(UINT nFlags, CPoint point){ but here the problem is I need NM_LI...

Cannot access email through OWA
Hello- I changed a users password in AD earlier, and now the user cannot access his email through OWA. No error message just keeps prompting him to login. Probably something stupid Is it only 1 user? If so, reset the password again and force AD replication (W2K Sites and Services - Right click on NTDS...) Give it about 10-20 minutes and see if that user can access through OWA again. If not, have the user logon to a workstation first and then try again. Doug Blanchard [MSFT] Microsoft PSS Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. This p...

Mapping from Account to Contact
I have published the existing mappings in the customization, and even tried adding some, but I still can't get the fields such as address and phone number to auto fill-in when creating a new contact and selecting the Parent Account. I have tried doing this from the Parent Account by creating a new contact from there, and still, nothing auto fills. Is anyone else having this problem. Could something have installed improperly when I installed the software? It appears as though the default mappings in the customization show the relationship/mappings between the Account Entity and t...

Changing behavior for shared access to records on Reassign and BU
Currently when a user's records are Reassigned ("Reassign Records" Action in Settings/BU Settings/Users/ Selected User Properties Window or using BizUser::ReassignObjects CRM API) to a new user the current user gets a shared access to these records. The CRM API BizUser::SetBussiness also provides an option to reassign all objects of the user being moved to a new BU to another user at the same time. In this case also after reassignment the old user gets shared access to their previously owned records. There has been some feedback by customers that they prefer not to have th...

move sent items to alternate folder dependant on sender email addr
Hi I have an issue, caused by having multiple mailboxes open in outlook, this is a business requirement with different email addresses (and domain names) for different business areas. (eg user1@dom1.com and user1@dom2.com) I am using outlook2003, backed by exchange 2003. I want to automatically place sent items in the correct sent items folder depending upon what email address (account) was used to send out an email. Whichever is the primary email account currently has all sent items in it. (eg sent from user1@dom1.com and user1@dom2.com) Although it is possible to manually just cop...

User access denied
Our SA is trying to give one of our users access to one of our companies and as soon as the checkbox is clicked next to the company name, the following message appears, "The user could not be added to one or more databases". In this case the user already has access to nine of the companies. The same message appears when we try to un-check the company box for another user. It's a test company - not that it should matter. Appreciate any help Hi Merle, I suppose you restore a database backup from one of your live companies to the test company database? The er...

Converting Access 2000 to Access 2003 or XP
I have Access 2000 on my home PC and want to install it on my business PC. I also need to upgrade this program. Do I upgrade first, then bring it to work? Also, if the software is licensed to me at home, can I install it on my business computer as well? Thank you. No, each install has to have its own separate license. The Access 2000 on your home PC is only licensed for you home PC. If you are planning to upgrade, you would be better off buying the full installation of Office 2003 or Office 2002 to install on your business machine. If installing Office 2002/2003 to more than one machin...

Remote Access through VPN
CRM 3.0 and SQL 2005 System works fine running from the LAN. Attaching to network through SonicWall VPN everything works fine as usual except for CRM. Warning message says CRM is unavailable. Can ping the CRM server both name and IP over the VPN, VPN is set to allow full user access to lan subnets. Anyone have suggestions? I had this issue a while ago. We got it fixed but its a little hazey since it was so long ago. Here is a response I got from support: "The only method that we have tested, documented and support is to setup your VPN to use Internal DNS. However, it may be possibl...

Chart data using Access
I would like to chart data and have line chart display actual data points. The only option it gives me is Sum, Avg, Min, Max and Count. None of these plot the actual data points over time. I'm using only two fields from a query. A date field and a data field that gives me a numberic value such as 0.90 So I want to plot the activity of these numbers over time. Access 2003 and Windows XP Any suggestions? -- FL Use the chart wizard to get you started and then simply change the Row Source property of the control. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP ...

Can I create and syncronize alternate calendars on my pocket PC?
I use ActiveSync to syncronize my Home PC and Work PC with my PocketPC. Can I also create and synchronize these alternate calendars on my PocketPC and home/work PC? ActiveSync only syncs the default calendar. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM New Poll: What type of emai...

Email 2 email address in outlook
I hope this is an easy one. I'm trying to map from outlook contacts -- email address 2 and email address 3. Is this possible? If anybody can point me in the right direction, i sure would appreciate it! Thanks. ...

Enable OWA to be accessed from the outside world
Hi, I am running a SBS enviroment with MS Exchange 2003, with a TZ170 Sonicwall firewall, and I would like to enable access to OWA from outside my internal network. Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated. "mklags@gmail.com" <mklags@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi, I am running a SBS enviroment with MS Exchange 2003, with a TZ170 >Sonicwall firewall, and I would like to enable access to OWA from >outside my internal network. Allow port 443 from * to your ISA server. >Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated. Not really an Exchange problem. ...

outlook blocks access to my attachments! WHY
does anyone get this stupid microsoft msg: oe removed access to the following unsafe attachments in mail This was in outlook express. I have attachments and they are greyed out and unable to be opened! WHY is that? HOW can i fix it and override microsoft's idiocy? Thanks, Vern VJL33615@yahoo.com Next time, post this in an Outlook Express group - this is not one of them. Having said that, tools->options->security. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail ...

Alternative to IF function
I have a formula that is using nested IFs, and it is beginning to becom unmanageable. First I am at the 7-deep limit, but otherwise I find the logic aspec hard to follow everytime I have to alter it. In VB there is *Select Case*, in C++ there is *switch*. Is there a VB *worksheet* function with similar functionality t these? (I've searched but can't find). something like: Code ------------------- =Case($A$1="A-325", THEN <SomeComplexFormula>, $A$1="A-490", THEN <SomeOtherCompleXFormula>, $A$1="A-500", THEN <YetAnotherComplex...

Internet access through Outlook favorites
Can the favorites in outlook be turned off so users cannot get to the internet via outlook. On 10/22/2003 4:18 PM, bruce wrote: > Can the favorites in outlook be turned off so users cannot > get to the internet via outlook. Not really... At least not anything that I known off. Alex -- -( Alex Yu | Systms Admintr | Multmd Devlpr | AEM | RPI | MSFT MVP )- ...

name resolution while accessing 5.5 mailboxes from trusted windows 2003 domain
I have two domains, domainA and domainB with exchange 5.5 installed on domainA. I am going to use ADMT to move users from domainA to domainB and then use the move mailbox tool to move users from 5.5 to 2000 within the same organisation. This will be a two stage process with admt being done first with users using the 5.5 mailbox before and after the move. The move mailbox will come later. Thus prior to the move mailbox I would like the users on domainB to be able to use their old mailbox on the old domainA. The two domains are on the same physical network but are on separate private subne...

Access newsgroup
Hello All I hope someone can help. Over the years I have used these newsgroups quite a lot and had lots of help. Usually my questions have been in one of the access newsgroups ... but they seem now to have gone! What's happened to them - has microsoft pulled the plug? Thanks in advance for any help. Leslie Isaacs Microsoft's news server has been turned off; it happened during the weekend. You can still access the groups on the Usenet via a different news server (such as news.eternal-september.org which I'm using), but since Microsoft stopped directing traffic to ...

Last access to a users Mailbox
Hi, I want to see the latest access to a users access to his exchange mailbox. In the system manager, i can see the latest access, is there a possibility to see the for example last three accesses. Thanks in advance! Oliver Not without some sort of 3rd party monitoring solution. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "drgoebel" <drgoebel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15E6FB13-231B-4188-A2BB-AC8692ACDDF6@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I want to see the latest access to a users access to his exchange mailbox. > In the system manager, i can see the latest...