alternate access mapping

Hi -
We created a SP virtual server (replicate) that we will be using as a test
server.  One problem that I'm having is that we renamed the server - we added
alternate access mappings to the test servername (on the test server) - (this
is using the Central Administration tool) but I can't seem to change the test
server to the default??  I'm finding where to do it, it just is not doing
anything when I switch it????  The test server is currently listed as
EXTRANET and the production server is still at DEFAULT.  I need the test
server to be the DEFAULT, and could actually delete the production....
Any ideas???    Thanks for your help!!!
Cindy
--
Cindy B

The 'Zones" as listed in the Alternate Access Mappings are actually
irrelevant when it comes to function and could have been called just about
anything. (Ok, for the purists out there you do have some specific
functionality tied to the default zone that is not applicable to the other
four). Still, you should simply be able to go to the AAM settings for your
Web Application, (be sure you are adjusting the correct web application) and
enter the URL you want as your default etc. What is happening and how are
you trying to do this?

--
Daniel A. Galant

Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine.

"Cindy" <benedett@brainerd.net> wrote in message
> Hi -
> We created a SP virtual server (replicate) that we will be using as a test
> server.  One problem that I'm having is that we renamed the server - we
> added
> alternate access mappings to the test servername (on the test server) -
> (this
> is using the Central Administration tool) but I can't seem to change the
> test
> server to the default??  I'm finding where to do it, it just is not doing
> anything when I switch it????  The test server is currently listed as
> EXTRANET and the production server is still at DEFAULT.  I need the test
> server to be the DEFAULT, and could actually delete the production....
> Any ideas???    Thanks for your help!!!
> Cindy
> --
> Cindy B

0
Daniel

Looking up across date ranges in Access
I am mapping financial data from one system to another and need to look up in a query a dept based on a date range. tblDeptMap reads Dept FromDate To Date NewDept 1121 01/01/2009 31/03/2009 1125 1121 01/04/2009 31/05/2009 2332 Financial Data Table Looks Like this: Dept Month Year Amount 1121 01 2009 32 1121 02 2009 41 1121 03 2009 50 1121 04 2009 52 1121 05 2009 25 I need a query that will read: Dept Month Year Amount FinDate NewDept 1121 01 ...

How can I sum several different fields in an Access report?
Can I sum values from more than one field in an Access report? If so, how can I do so? Sure can - if the fields are in the detail section. In the report footer, or a group footer, place an unbound textbox and set its controlsource to an expression such as: =Sum([Field1]) + Sum([Field2]) If the control is in a group footer, it will give the sum for that group only; if it's in the report footer, it will give the overall sum. HTH, Rob "dahlia" <dahlia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4A8BD3AC-2A0D-43B5-8466-E2DA5FCCE841@microsoft.com... > Can...

Access 2000 error ... occasionally
I've got xp professional w/ service pack 2, using access 2000 (never updated) and I recently ran into a problem - I believe it's stemming from command buttons. I added a button where on click it simply previews a report and it seemed to be working fine, when suddenly I receive some type of 'unable to connect to server' error and command buttons on every form in the database go unusable, and I receive failures and errors when trying to add them or trying to use them. I ended up importing all my tables, queries and reports into a new database and designing completely new forms ...

Access 2003 and Vista Hotfix -- does it work?
MS has posted a hotfix for the Access 2003 and Vista issue -- KB935366 Has anyone tried it? Is Access 2003 using Vista stable? Are there other major issues to be concerned with? thanks in advance... "FreeLunch" <genekim96-deja@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1180847995.000066.31970@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > MS has posted a hotfix for the Access 2003 and Vista issue -- > KB935366 Has anyone tried it? Is Access 2003 using Vista stable? > Are there other major issues to be concerned with? > > thanks in advance... Hum, that hotfix is only for multi-...

Suppressing warnings in Access 2003
I want to set up a form in Access 2003 with buttons that will allow a choice of other Access databases to open. The simplest way is to have a series of buttons, each with a hyperlink to one of the other files. Trouble is, before the file opens an alert appears ‘Hyperlinks may be harmful to your computer and data...’, and I have not found a way to suppress that message. May I have advice please - either on how to suppress the message, or how to code things otherwise in VB. Angus Angus Take a look here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829072/en-us hth -- Maurice Ausum "Erist...

Using Access 2007 to open ADP files from Access 2003
I have a few ADP files created in Access 2003 that connect to a SQL Server 2000 database. They have a lot of complex forms, reports, and extensive VBA code. I just upgraded to Windows Vista and Office 2007 through MSDN, and when I open the ADP files in Access 2007, they are excruciatingly slow and sometimes seem to choke entirely when loading some forms. Does anyone else have this problem or know what to do about it? Hi Scudder, I posted a comment a few days ago noting slowness of Access 2003 and 2007 with Vista in just running queries. So far there have been no responses. Hopefull...

Dlookup issue with Access 2003! PLEASE HELP!!!
I'm working in Access 2003. What I am trying to do is on the click event of "Command167", run a Dlookup on the number that was just typed into "cboMoveTo1" and find the value located in the table "tblName" in the "Open/Closed" field. The Dlookup seems to work fine on its own. I tested it with a text box that was set to: = DLookup("[Open/Closed]", "[tblName]", "[cboMoveTo1] = " & [Forms]![Master]![cboMoveTo1]) and it would bring back the correct data. Then what I need it to do is check to see if the Dlo...

troubleshooting new page in access 2003
I am printting a 4 group level where for every change in the 2 first groupes they should be a new page. What happens is when the first group is changing I had a page with only the title of the group and remaining empty ??? kalman wrote: >I am printting a 4 group level where for every change in the 2 first >groupes they should be a new page. What happens is when the first >group is changing I had a page with only the title of the group and >remaining empty ??? Set the top level group header section's ForceNewPage property to BeforeSection. Use code in the top level group h...

Access XP file Error
Hi, I have a MS Access version XP file for my project work , the front end of which is done in Excel by which people will interact with DB, like submitting data , running reports, it's multi user environment. Today, it gave me the below error when i tried to open the DB .. "The Microsoft Jet database engine stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time" I know this is caused by multi user access and possible cause of locking the same data. But when i checked the folder, there is no lock file at all, so that makes ...

Add field to Access view of Sharepoint database
My company has a project database in Sharepoint 2007. There is one record per project. I have no control over the Sharepoint database. I set up a personal Access 2007 database (on my C:Drive) to view and update the Sharepoint data. I want to add a comments field associated with the project record in my own Access database for my personal use. However, the table design is frozen since it's Sharepoint. How can I add the personal comments field and keep it linked to the project record? sure that's a simple 1:1 table relationship make a local table; include a field that i...

Give Task Scheduler access to users (server 2008)
So wello all, we tried to make visible scheduled tasks previously created on a DC (Server 2008), in order to allow non admin users to run (but not modify), them, just in case of error. So we added those users to the Backup Operators group, but they still do not see those tasks. Strangely, Microsoft eliminated the Security tab for the scheduled tasks created. Any suggestions to solve this issue? Thanks in advance. ...

Access 97 can't resize database window

Access 2K7
I followed the directions here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;285820 When I run it, I'm getting the error: "438 Object doesn't support this property or method" It looks like it's breaking on this bit of code: ".Picture = strImagePath" Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Module code: Option Compare Database Option Explicit Public Function DisplayImage(ctlImageControl As Control, strImagePath As Variant) As String On Error GoTo Err_DisplayImage Dim strResult As String Dim strDatabasePath As String Dim intSlashLo...

RTF in Access 2007 vs Leban's RTF 1.8
Hi, I have used Leban's RTF 1.8 with my Access 2003, it is very good. Now my organization would consider upgrading my Access 2003 to 2007. I found that the text control of Access 2007 that set to read Rich text cannot read RTF enter by using Leban's RTF (the control does show unreadable character). Is there a quick way to convert RTF between the two (Access 2007 and Leban's)? SF In reality, the A2007 Rich Text setting is HTML not RTF based. Therefore, you would need to convert your existing RTF data to HTML. There are many converters available to do this and I am curren...

groups detail section totals access 2003
Hi all, I know this can be done, but haven't figured out how yet. I have what basically is a summary report that my sql comes up with for the detail rows. I want to total these rows in the report and display immediately below the detail section. I don't really want to group anything, but want to treat the whole detail section as a group. That being said, how can I get a "group footer" on the designer so I can add my total columns. If I use "sorting and grouping", it starts grouping things and that is not what I want. I don't want to use the "page foo...

Quote product mapping
I am trying to map the description field under the product form (field name 'description') to a custom field on the quote products form (field name 'productdesriptiondetail') and I am having difficulty making it work. I first tried by adding this map under the existing 'QuoteDetail' map under the Quote schema, but when the quote product item is saved, the description does not come through. I thought this would work because this is the area where I created the custom attribute. I then tried to create a new custom map under the Product schema to the QuoteDetail ...

Converting an Access 2002 .mdb file into .mde
hi, i was trying to convert my access 2002 .mdb file into .mde . However i wasn't able to do so as the whole Microsoft Access Program 'hangs' or does not responds and i need to close the program. Why does it hangs? I tried it out on 3 computers but all three computers also hang. As far as I know... You need to get a "clean" mdb before you can convert it to an mde. A "clean" mdb means this: -Decompile the mdb using the undocumented /decompile switch. (it's partially undocumented, it's actually documented at www.trigeminal.com and even now referred ...

Integration Mapping Translation Error
I'm trying to add a translation for a field (payment terms) and I keep getting a "This key is already associated with an element of this collection" error (#457). It only occurs with this source field (pterms) - I can put another source field in for payment terms and it works or I can put this source field in for another field and it fails. I even renamed the column in the source file. What is the problem? ...

Converting Access 1.x database to Access 2000
Greetings, My Dad has a couple of Access 1.x databases that he wants to convert to Access 2000 (or Excel format). I tried to open them with my version of Access 2000 and when trying to convert database got the following message: This operation is not supported for Microsoft Access 1.x databases. Any suggestions? I tried looking for a converter unsuccessfully on the web. Thank you in advance. Chip I was able to open 1.x Access tables in Excel as an external database query. Go Data, Import External Data, New Database Query. Select MS Access database, find the mdb file, then you...

Calculations in Access 2007 Reports
I am creating a P/L in Access 2007 reports and have brought over all of my data and grouped and sorted by types with sum totals. I now want to take these totals and subtract one from the other but not sure how to do that. Any suggestions. I am really new at Access 2007 and if you could be really specific that would help. EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Exchange UserCredential between client and webservice in.NET http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/5cbf012c-41f8-4133-a6bf-e3a718f0d96f/exchange-usercredential-b.aspx Cheri, It's not easy to tell you exact...

Outlook Web Access authentication issue
Hi! My configuration is a single Exchange 2003 Server w/ SP2 installed, and Outlook Web Access (OWA) enabled, without SSL (for the time being). Under IIS, the Security parameters of the Exchange are: No ANONYMOUS allowed Integrated Windows Authentication is checked Basic Authentication is checked Everything worked fine during two months after the initial installation, until recently when I started to get authentication issues. I can still acces the OWA Web page, but the process is not straightforward anymore. What I need to do is : Authenticate myself (username, password, domain name) The...

How do I change the name of Access 2007 Database?
Unable to rename or delete Access 2007 databases created for practise. Can anyone help? On Nov 22, 3:56 pm, leroyd <ler...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Unable to rename or delete Access 2007 databases created for practise. Can > anyone help? What is the error message you are getting? navin "navin" wrote: > On Nov 22, 3:56 pm, leroyd <ler...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > > Unable to rename or delete Access 2007 databases created for practise. Can > > anyone help? > > What is the error message you are getting? > > navi...

Open any document type from Access 2K2
My databases can contain attachments such as PDF, doc, xls, jpg. At the moment I just open these within Internet Explorer but I would really prefer to open them in the associated application directly. I could have a big IF block to create an instance of the application with VBA but surely there is a better way. I'm comfortable with API calls, etc so any method is appreciated. Thankyou, Luke To launch any document from ms-access, simply go: application.FollowHyperlink "path name to document" -- Albert D. Kallal (Access MVP) Edmonton, Alberta Canada pleaseNOOSpamKallal@ms...

input scanned documents in access 2003
greetings...i need help..does any1 knows how can i automatically input a scanned a document, store & retrieve it (view it for later purposes) in just 1 click on a command button in ms access 2003? for example, i have a database records of all employee in our company & each employee has a particular training or seminar certificates. i want to scan the certificates & store it in his files in my database & sometimes view or retrieve it for employees needs. can it be possible? tnx in adance. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forum...

Problem pasting numeric data from Access into Excel
I have recently upgrated from Excel 2000 to Excel 2002. When I copy and paste a table from Access to Excel it stores all the numeric fields as text, even though they are properly formated in Access. I did not have this problem with Excel 2000. Does anyone have any idea what is going wrong here? "JP Jones" <JP Jones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2184B1C0-CD61-4B77-AD80-8D1347C53DE5@microsoft.com... > I have recently upgrated from Excel 2000 to Excel 2002. > > When I copy and paste a table from Access to Excel it stores all the numeric > fields...