[WSS 3] Could not load file or assembly error message

Hi All,
Today I got the following error message when I tried to enter a DL/List or
to view entire site content, or site settings etc:

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationPages,
Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c' or one of
its dependencies. Access is denied.

Restarting the server solved it but I want to investigate further.
Any thoughts?
Thanks a lot in advance

Create XY (Scatter) Chart, with 3 column (X, Y, Series)
Hi, I need create a XY Chart with information in 3 colum, example SERIE X Y A 1.25 2.35 B 4 3 C 5 1 D 2.35 5.25 E 1 2 F 3.33 4 G 4.21 3 H 6.25 1 I 1.5 4 J 2.5 3.33 K 3.5 1.25 This is possible? Help me please. Thanks, Ilka Make an XY chart with the X and Y columns, then use one of these utilities to apply the labels to the data points: Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ &...

Error message "formula is too long"
Hello all, I have an Excel spreadsheet that, when opened, executes some SQL queries against a SQL Server 2000 DB. This function works correctly. This spreadsheet is part of an automated process. This process starts Excel up in the background, the data is pulled since the spreadsheet is opened, and the results are saved to an HTML file. The thing is, my users have requested I setup the spreadsheet such that if someone opens up the spreadsheet, they can easily manually modify something such that it will pull data from a date/time of their choice. I can think of multiple ways of doin...

Error 3159
Using Access 2000 and have created a mailing list database. 500-600 entries have been made and all of sudden could not open reports. Opened the main table and have a huge number of rows that simply have an entry of "ERROR#". I I attempt tp delete these rows of data a small window pops up with the error message "Not a valid Bookmark". I simply cannot believe that this many data entry errors were made (though at this point nothing seems impossible). Looking for a way delete these rows of data. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! -- kah "kah" <k...

APNSoft DataGrid 3.2 Released!
APNSoft is pleased to announce the release of APNSoft DataGrid 3.2! APNSoft DataGrid is an ASP.NET server control with AJAX support to display data in a tabular format with options of choice, sorting and editing entries. DataGrid component has been designed in a way to reduce development time at the utmost and require no specific knowledge from developers. --------------------------------------------- New features: --------------------------------------------- 1. Compatibility with Google Chrome. APNSoft DataGrid now supports all popular browsers including Google Chrome. ...

Outlook 2000 SP-3 Timeout
I am running Outlook 2000 SP-3 and have change my Account Properties->Advanced->Server Timeouts to 5 minutes. But even with that large emails with dialup accounts cannot get downloaded. Is there a registry value that I can change to up to value. I know this is the value I I just did an test with it set to 5 minutes and 2 minutes before I received the timeout message. Thanks You're better off figuring out why it's timing out and fixing it from that end... do you connect using dialup or broadband? if broadband, do you use a router? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author,...

How do I restore a WSS 3.0 site on SBS 2008
I'm preparing to migrate our old SBS 2003 domain to 2008 and because someone back in NT days named our internal domain without a .local extension an automated migration is not supported. This is probably just as well as our AD could use a lot of cleaning up. In order to make sure things go smoothly I'm testing various aspects of the process on a test server. What I would like to do is to restore a backup of our sharepoint website onto the SBS 2008 website. Right now the website is running on sharepoint services 2.0 on second server and for various reasons I'd lik...

Business Portal Payroll Timesheet Error
On our Business Portal site, When our Payroll Adminstrator clicks the Payroll --> Timecard Status, The Employee Timecard Status web part is giving an error. Server Error in "/" Application. When we searched the knowledge base it says, there is a hotfix available for a problem (Article ID: 902408 it says this problem occurs if the timesheet contains lots of lines) similar to the one we have. Where do I get this hotfix? Is there any other specific hotfix available for our error? Please help. Thanks Noble Thomas nthomas@smartbus.org Noble Thomas, Thanks for using the ne...

Duplicate Entries #3
My mailing list program accepts Excel 2000 files as input. The spreadsheet has one email address per row. Is there a way to delete duplicates, other than sorting and visually scanning? You can make use of Data | Filter | Advanced Filter. In the pop-up you can specify the range to be filtered, then select Unique Records Only, and then decide to Filter in place or specify another range where you want the filtered records to be placed. Hope this helps. Pete On Mar 22, 11:57 pm, mcp6453 <mcp6...@earthlink.net> wrote: > My mailing list program accepts Excel 2000 files as input. The &...

Matching two excel files
Wondering whether it's possible to match an excel data file to another to find what data lines (content is names & addresses) are the same i both files. Is this possible in excel -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Yes it's possible but you need to be much more specific as to exactly what you wnat to do. Where is the data located? What do want to do with the data? Biff >-----Original Message----- >Wondering whether it's possible to match an excel data file to another, >to find what data lines (content is names & addresses) are the same in >...

File Start Up Macro
How do I get a macro to run when I start a file? I want the file to start on a specific sheet each time I open the file. Put this in the workbook's ThisWorkbook code module (right-click the workbook title bar and choose View Code): Private Sub Workbook_Open() Sheets("Sheet1").Select End Sub or Private Sub Workbook_Open() Application.GoTo Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1") End Sub The latter selects a particular cell, naturally. In article <798701c476ac$7ea4f990$a301280a@phx.gbl>, "Dave B" <anonymous@discuss...

Cannot play the file
I get this error in Windows Media Player when trying to run a playlist made of .jpegs - after some try I found the problem is the .jpgs size being 4000x3000 pixel, the memory size being about 3MB, while all is ok with another group of jpegs sized 3MB too but with 2800x2100 pixels. The first group comes from digital photos taken with the setting "12MB normal resolution" while the second group has been taken by setting "6MB fine resolution". Is there some option to set to bypass this error? il barbi ...

default file location #3
I have a user with Excel 2000. She changes her default file location using Tools, Options, etc. to her L drive by typing L:\. That works fine for awhile. Eventually though it will revert back to her C drive. When she looks in the Tools, Options dialog box, it actually says C:\. She is a laptop user and is wondering if this may be happening when she is using her laptop at home without access to the L drive. However, the other Office applications are able to keep the L drive as the network drive permanantly. Anyone have any insight on this? -- maryj Maybe she's opening excel when sh...

Email Address #3
I set up my email address and added a logo up the top. When I start a new message my email address is shaded (blocked in a grey background) and any new text I type has a grey shading as well. I am stumped, have tried to have the logo (as picture) before text, behind text. Nothing changes? Any ideas welcome..... ...

Message Recall Issues
Hello. We are running Exchange 2003 with a mixture of XP and 2003 outlook clients. Today the unthinkable happened, a file was sent out to a number of employees that had some confidential information on it. The person sending tried to do a message recall, with limited success. Some recalls succeeded, some succeeded but were still left in the users mailboxes, and then some failed. This has turned into a big mess. I am know going through each mailbox one by one trying to delete this e-maill. So, my questions are as follows: 1) How exactly does the message recall process work and how do I ...

exchange 2003 log files in MDBDATA
Hi All! I am using SBS 2003 premium edition, the size of MDBDATA folder is more then 15 GB and there is lot of log files which are quit old and the size of priv.edb and is around 5 GB Can we configure Exchange 2003 to delete old files to stop growing the size of MDBDATA in this fashion or can I manually delete the files from the MDBDATA folder. please advice how to solve this problem Exchange will purge old log files upon a successful online backup. Perform a backup and you'll get rid of most of the logs. You can simply use NTBackup. Make sure that when you make the selections,...

adding midi file to email
I have Outlook 2000 and want to add a midi file to open when the email is opened. I have tried several times and have failed. The only way I can get it to open and play is when I select the edit button. What am I doing wrong? I have used Outlook Express in the past and of course it was a no brainer. Thanks! ...

Formula Error #7
xl2000 My formula works fine but it has the #value! error. what do I add to my formula to rid myself of this? =IF(C37+D37,C37+D37,"")+D36*D35 Thanks It's not clear to me what you're checking for in the IF formula. You should be able to change this to: =C37+D37+D36*D35 Mike R wrote: > xl2000 > My formula works fine but it has the #value! error. what do I add to my > formula to rid myself of this? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html Hi! Replace the "" with a zero. BTW, if your formula ...

Uninstall CRM 3.0
I need to do a clean uninstall of my Outlook CRM client but am unable to do so. Any advice on doing it manually? I too would like to know how to manually uninstall CRM 3.0 - the uninstall wizard does not appear to remove all prior install settins. Is there a cheat sheet on the Folders, Files and Registry settings that need to be removed? I'm having an Outlook Sync issues that I beleive would be resolved by a new, clean install. Please advise, dph "Jeff Gibson" wrote: > I need to do a clean uninstall of my Outlook CRM client but am unable to do > so. Any advice o...

Conflicting message delivery times
I've had several complaints lately of delayed delivery type issues on my Exchange 2003 SP2 servers (I have two front-ends and three back-end a/p clustered mailbox servers). I've typically dismissed the problem but it actually happened to me the other day and I can't make sense of it. What happens is: Someone may send an email out to several people, someone quickly responds to the email replying to all, another person on the recipient list of the original email receives the response to all email before the orginal one. Sorry if that's hard to follow. What happend with...

Inventory transfer #3
Hello We are using GP 10 SP1 , we entered inventroy transfer it updated the from site but not the TO site , can any one help Regards -- aboody The inventory transfer transaction removes items from the From site and moves them to the InTransit site. A PO Receiving transaction against the transfer document will complete the transaction moving the items from the InTransit site to the TO site. The assumption is that items are removed from one site, placed on a truck and driven across country for several days or so and then received at the destination. During transit, they are not at e...

*.pst files #2
I have two files, the archive and the outlook files. Both of them were popping up at the same time. I then deleted one from my view. To be able to access the files, I know that I must define the properties. I have done that. I then try to bring up the file and I get a message that I need to use the index repair tool to correct the file. What can I do? I am frantic. I have tons of irreplacable data on these files. Thanks for your help. ...

Some stupid questions about edit the aspx file
Hi, I'm quite newbie about asp.net & other web application. I've heared that we can put some code in the CRM aspx file. For example, we can make OnChange event to the textbox in CRM & put some code in it. I know it is unsupported by microsoft, but I need to know how to do it. I've been searching this newsgroup & microsoft.public.crm, but I couldn't found any sample. My question is pretty simple (or stupid, I guess): I've looked in inetpub\wwwroot\SFA\quotes\edit.aspx, but I don't know what to do. My friend telling me that the code behind, is under som...

Form protect on 2 of 3 pages only
I have a 3+ page form. Page 1 and 2 are form protected with a password. The 3rd or more pages is to insert pictures documenting the information in pages 1 & 2. How can I form protect pages 1 and 2 only allowing pictures to be inserted on page 3+? Thanks Place a section break (next page) between pages 2 and 3. If there's a manual page break already in that location, delete it. Then, when you start enforcing protection on the form, you should have an option to select the sections that will be protected. Just click the applicable sections and you should be fine. I...

WSS 3.0
Hello there, After running Windows updates on our SBS 2008 machine we can no longer access company web. In the Application log these messages are being generated; The database ShareWebDb on SERVER\Microsoft##SSEE is not accessible to missing Windows Internal Database signatures. We don't use company web but i would like to get it up and working just in case we decide to use it. I have tried starting the Windows SharePoint Administration Service but that wont start When browsing to company web we get Error 404. All DNS entries for company web are present and so are t...

ERROR: "The record you are requesting is currently unavailable"
CRM 3.0, using Web client, Windows Server 2003 SP1 for SBS. Have found no good solution for this problem I've been getting since installation couple days ago. When trying to create a new appointment, upon save get the error: "The record that you are requesting is currently unavailable. Either the record was not found or you do not have sufficient security permissions to view it." Upon clicking "Ok" I get the error: "General failure in scheduling engine" with a "Ignore and Save" button which will save the appointment, but still marks the appointm...