VBScript and Script Host

Hello,
  I do not know if this is right group. If not, Please let me know the
correct group to Post.

     I am planning to develop an application where the users will be given
provisions  to write their own scripts and execute. I am planning to use
VBScript and WSH (which is available in all versions of Windows). Does WSH,
VBScripts protected licenses ? Is there any open source script and script
interpreters available ? If I could develop such an application with
scripting facility using VBScript and WSH can I make it commercial ?

Thanks and Regards
Ram

0
Ram

  Interesting question. I don't see any license in the
installer or in the help file. It's been coming pre-installed
since Windows 2000, I think, so that makes it like part
of the API. You don't need a license to use the API. That's
what the Windows price tag is for. There are also Windows
API interfaces (IActiveScript, I think) for what you want to
do.

  Yes, you can *try* to sell your software. But shareware
is tough to sell as it is. There are already free/OSS tools
that extend VBScript. There are already other free scripting
and programming tools. And it sounds like you're reinventing
the wheel. You didn't describe any new features or
advantages of your software. It sounds like you're just thinking
of writing a wrapper for the Windows script interpreter. Usually
when people do that it's for automation of some other software.

0
Mayayana
7/28/2010 12:55:36 PM
Further to my response in the .WSH group, either is appropriate. But it
would have been more appropriate to have cross-posted to these groups rather
than submitting identical posts to both (multiposting).

/Al

"Ram" <ram.newsgroups@unitedprotech.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>  I do not know if this is right group. If not, Please let me know the
> correct group to Post.
>
>     I am planning to develop an application where the users will be given
> provisions  to write their own scripts and execute. I am planning to use
> VBScript and WSH (which is available in all versions of Windows). Does
> WSH, VBScripts protected licenses ? Is there any open source script and
> script interpreters available ? If I could develop such an application
> with scripting facility using VBScript and WSH can I make it commercial ?
>
> Thanks and Regards
> Ram

0
Al
7/28/2010 11:52:04 PM
Many thanks to both Al and Mayayana.

As Al has stated  " I would be distributing an application that, when used
as directed, the user would develop his own VBScripts that would be run by
my application ". This is part of an automation project which I am involved
with.

I have also come across MS Script control which I think I can use it in my
application for running scripts. There are open source c# script engines too
available which gives me other alternatives. Anyways, thanks for your posts.

Thanks and Regards
Ram

"Al Dunbar" <alandrub@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Further to my response in the .WSH group, either is appropriate. But it
> would have been more appropriate to have cross-posted to these groups
> rather than submitting identical posts to both (multiposting).
>
> /Al
>
> "Ram" <ram.newsgroups@unitedprotech.com> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>  I do not know if this is right group. If not, Please let me know the
>> correct group to Post.
>>
>>     I am planning to develop an application where the users will be given
>> provisions  to write their own scripts and execute. I am planning to use
>> VBScript and WSH (which is available in all versions of Windows). Does
>> WSH, VBScripts protected licenses ? Is there any open source script and
>> script interpreters available ? If I could develop such an application
>> with scripting facility using VBScript and WSH can I make it commercial ?
>>
>> Thanks and Regards
>> Ram

0
Ram
7/29/2010 5:58:26 AM
> Many thanks to both Al and Mayayana.
>
> As Al has stated  " I would be distributing an application that, when used
> as directed, the user would develop his own VBScripts that would be run by
> my application ". This is part of an automation project which I am
> involved with.
>
> I have also come across MS Script control which I think I can use it in my
> application for running scripts. There are open source c# script engines
> too available which gives me other alternatives. Anyways, thanks for your
> posts.
>
> Thanks and Regards
> Ram
>

> "Al Dunbar" <alandrub@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Further to my response in the .WSH group, either is appropriate. But it
>> would have been more appropriate to have cross-posted to these groups
>> rather than submitting identical posts to both (multiposting).
>>
>> /Al
>>
>> "Ram" <ram.newsgroups@unitedprotech.com> wrote in message
>>> Hello,
>>>  I do not know if this is right group. If not, Please let me know the
>>> correct group to Post.
>>>
>>>     I am planning to develop an application where the users will be
>>> given provisions  to write their own scripts and execute. I am planning
>>> to use VBScript and WSH (which is available in all versions of Windows).
>>> Does WSH, VBScripts protected licenses ? Is there any open source script
>>> and script interpreters available ? If I could develop such an
>>> application with scripting facility using VBScript and WSH can I make it
>>> commercial ?
>>>
>>> Thanks and Regards
>>> Ram

You're welcome.

0
Kenneth
7/29/2010 2:08:20 PM
"Kenneth A. Larsen" <kuhlpc#2@optimum.net> wrote in message

> "Ram" <ram.newsgroups@unitedprotech.com> wrote in message
>> Many thanks to both Al and Mayayana.
>>
>> As Al has stated  " I would be distributing an application that, when
>> used as directed, the user would develop his own VBScripts that would be
>> run by my application ". This is part of an automation project which I am
>> involved with.
>>
>> I have also come across MS Script control which I think I can use it in
>> my application for running scripts. There are open source c# script
>> engines too available which gives me other alternatives. Anyways, thanks
>> for your posts.
>>
>> Thanks and Regards
>> Ram
>>

>> "Al Dunbar" <alandrub@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Further to my response in the .WSH group, either is appropriate. But it
>>> would have been more appropriate to have cross-posted to these groups
>>> rather than submitting identical posts to both (multiposting).
>>>
>>> /Al
>>>
>>> "Ram" <ram.newsgroups@unitedprotech.com> wrote in message

> You're welcome.

0
Kenneth
7/29/2010 11:51:32 PM

> "Kenneth A. Larsen" <kuhlpc#2@optimum.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Ram" <ram.newsgroups@unitedprotech.com> wrote in message
>>> Many thanks to both Al and Mayayana.
>>>
>>> As Al has stated  " I would be distributing an application that, when
>>> used as directed, the user would develop his own VBScripts that would be
>>> run by my application ". This is part of an automation project which I
>>> am involved with.
>>>
>>> I have also come across MS Script control which I think I can use it in
>>> my application for running scripts. There are open source c# script
>>> engines too available which gives me other alternatives. Anyways, thanks
>>> for your posts.
>>>
>>> Thanks and Regards
>>> Ram
>>>

>>> "Al Dunbar" <alandrub@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>> You're welcome.

0
Kenneth
7/29/2010 11:54:54 PM

> "Ram" <ram.newsgroups@unitedprotech.com> wrote in message
>> Many thanks to both Al and Mayayana.
>>
>> As Al has stated  " I would be distributing an application that, when
>> used as directed, the user would develop his own VBScripts that would be
>> run by my application ". This is part of an automation project which I am
>> involved with.
>>
>> I have also come across MS Script control which I think I can use it in
>> my application for running scripts. There are open source c# script
>> engines too available which gives me other alternatives. Anyways, thanks
>> for your posts.
>>
>> Thanks and Regards
>> Ram
>>

>> "Al Dunbar" <alandrub@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Further to my response in the .WSH group, either is appropriate. But it
>>> would have been more appropriate to have cross-posted to these groups
>>> rather than submitting identical posts to both (multiposting).
>>>
>>> /Al
>>>
>>> "Ram" <ram.newsgroups@unitedprotech.com> wrote in message

> You're welcome.

For what? did you contribute anything in response to Ram's question? Are you
saying you're welcome on my behalf or on Mayayana's behalf? If so, this is
completely unnecessary, as we can speak for ourselves. And besides that,
this is starting to get annoying.

/Al

0
Al
7/29/2010 11:55:13 PM
| For what? did you contribute anything in response to Ram's question? Are
you
| saying you're welcome on my behalf or on Mayayana's behalf? If so, this is
| completely unnecessary, as we can speak for ourselves. And besides that,
| this is starting to get annoying.

  Very strange and notably pointless passtime,
isn't it? Perhaps "Mr. Larsen" is a child whose
parents are not overseeing his computer usage.

0
Mayayana
7/30/2010 2:57:18 AM

"Mayayana" <mayayana@invalid.nospam> wrote in message
> | For what? did you contribute anything in response to Ram's question? Are
> you
> | saying you're welcome on my behalf or on Mayayana's behalf? If so, this
> is
> | completely unnecessary, as we can speak for ourselves. And besides that,
> | this is starting to get annoying.
> |

>  Very strange and notably pointless passtime,
> isn't it? Perhaps "Mr. Larsen" is a child whose
> parents are not overseeing his computer usage.

Agreed. He is non-responsive, so I'll give up.

Here are some theories I have about this phenomenon:

- do you remember a poster by the name of "asdf", who had previously posted
under the name of "name"?

- perhaps this guys thinks that all of his "you're welcome" messages will
translate into a high enough "score" to earn him an MVP nomination...

/Al

0
Al
7/30/2010 3:59:36 AM
| Here are some theories I have about this phenomenon:
|
| - do you remember a poster by the name of "asdf", who had previously
posted
| under the name of "name"?

  I don't think so. asdf had an anti-social streak, but
he was poetic and seemed to be knowledgeable
with scripting.

| - perhaps this guys thinks that all of his "you're welcome" messages will
| translate into a high enough "score" to earn him an MVP nomination...

  Possible, I guess. From what I've heard sheer volume
of posts is almost enough to get an MVP. But these
groups are no longer the official forum. ...And even if
they were, why hang around here vying for MVP when
one can win up to 5 military medals to adorn one's posts
in the web forums? (They probably hand out 2 medals
just to award "fortitude in tolerating web forums". :)

0
Mayayana
7/30/2010 1:33:34 PM
"Kenneth A. Larsen" <kuhlpc#2@optimum.net> wrote in message

> "Kenneth A. Larsen" <kuhlpc#2@optimum.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Ram" <ram.newsgroups@unitedprotech.com> wrote in message
>>> Many thanks to both Al and Mayayana.
>>>
>>> As Al has stated  " I would be distributing an application that, when
>>> used as directed, the user would develop his own VBScripts that would be
>>> run by my application ". This is part of an automation project which I
>>> am involved with.
>>>
>>> I have also come across MS Script control which I think I can use it in
>>> my application for running scripts. There are open source c# script
>>> engines too available which gives me other alternatives. Anyways, thanks
>>> for your posts.
>>>
>>> Thanks and Regards
>>> Ram
>>>

>>> "Al Dunbar" <alandrub@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>> You're welcome.

0
Kenneth
7/30/2010 9:39:09 PM
"Kenneth A. Larsen" <LarsenK@verizon.net> wrote in message

> "Kenneth A. Larsen" <kuhlpc#2@optimum.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Kenneth A. Larsen" <kuhlpc#2@optimum.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Ram" <ram.newsgroups@unitedprotech.com> wrote in message

>>> You're welcome.

0
Kenneth
7/30/2010 9:48:54 PM

> "Kenneth A. Larsen" <LarsenK@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Kenneth A. Larsen" <kuhlpc#2@optimum.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Kenneth A. Larsen" <kuhlpc#2@optimum.net> wrote in message

0
Kenneth
7/30/2010 11:24:41 PM
"Kenneth A. Larsen" <LarsenK@verizon.net> wrote in message

> "Kenneth A. Larsen" <LarsenK@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Kenneth A. Larsen" <kuhlpc#2@optimum.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Kenneth A. Larsen" <kuhlpc#2@optimum.net> wrote in message

0
Kenneth
7/30/2010 11:26:51 PM

> "Kenneth A. Larsen" <LarsenK@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Kenneth A. Larsen" <LarsenK@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Kenneth A. Larsen" <kuhlpc#2@optimum.net> wrote in message

0
Kenneth
7/31/2010 11:04:02 PM

> "Kenneth A. Larsen" <kuhlpc#2@optimum.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Kenneth A. Larsen" <LarsenK@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Kenneth A. Larsen" <LarsenK@verizon.net> wrote in message

0
Kenneth
8/1/2010 12:04:21 PM

> "Kenneth A. Larsen" <kuhlpc#2@optimum.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Kenneth A. Larsen" <kuhlpc#2@optimum.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Kenneth A. Larsen" <LarsenK@verizon.net> wrote in message

0
Kenneth
8/3/2010 1:20:36 PM

> "Kenneth A. Larsen" <kuhlpc#2@optimum.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Kenneth A. Larsen" <kuhlpc#2@optimum.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Kenneth A. Larsen" <kuhlpc#2@optimum.net> wrote in message

0
Kenneth
8/3/2010 1:28:25 PM

> "Kenneth A. Larsen" <kuhlpc#2@optimum.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Kenneth A. Larsen" <kuhlpc#2@optimum.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Kenneth A. Larsen" <kuhlpc#2@optimum.net> wrote in message

0
Kenneth
8/4/2010 10:44:13 PM

> "Kenneth A. Larsen" <kuhlpc#2@optimum.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Kenneth A. Larsen" <kuhlpc#2@optimum.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Kenneth A. Larsen" <kuhlpc#2@optimum.net> wrote in message

0
Kenneth
8/5/2010 1:27:29 PM

> "Kenneth A. Larsen" <kuhlpc#2@optimum.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Kenneth A. Larsen" <kuhlpc#2@optimum.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Kenneth A. Larsen" <kuhlpc#2@optimum.net> wrote in message

0
Kenneth
8/6/2010 10:12:11 PM
"Ram" <ram.newsgroups@unitedprotech.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>  I do not know if this is right group. If not, Please let me know the
> correct group to Post.
>
>     I am planning to develop an application where the users will be given
> provisions  to write their own scripts and execute. I am planning to use
> VBScript and WSH (which is available in all versions of Windows). Does
> WSH, VBScripts protected licenses ? Is there any open source script and
> script interpreters available ? If I could develop such an application
> with scripting facility using VBScript and WSH can I make it commercial ?
>
> Thanks and Regards
> Ram

You're welcome!

0
Kenneth
8/7/2010 2:28:53 PM

> "Kenneth A. Larsen" <kuhlpc#2@optimum.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Kenneth A. Larsen" <kuhlpc#2@optimum.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Kenneth A. Larsen" <kuhlpc#2@optimum.net> wrote in message

0
Kenneth
8/8/2010 2:42:53 PM

> "Ram" <ram.newsgroups@unitedprotech.com> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>  I do not know if this is right group. If not, Please let me know the
>> correct group to Post.
>>
>>     I am planning to develop an application where the users will be given
>> provisions  to write their own scripts and execute. I am planning to use
>> VBScript and WSH (which is available in all versions of Windows). Does
>> WSH, VBScripts protected licenses ? Is there any open source script and
>> script interpreters available ? If I could develop such an application
>> with scripting facility using VBScript and WSH can I make it commercial ?
>>
>> Thanks and Regards
>> Ram
>>

> You're welcome!

0
Kenneth
8/8/2010 2:42:57 PM

> "Kenneth A. Larsen" <kuhlpc#2@optimum.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Kenneth A. Larsen" <kuhlpc#2@optimum.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Kenneth A. Larsen" <kuhlpc#2@optimum.net> wrote in message

0
Kenneth
8/8/2010 2:59:25 PM
"Kenneth A. Larsen" <LarsenK@verizon.net> wrote in message

> "Ram" <ram.newsgroups@unitedprotech.com> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>  I do not know if this is right group. If not, Please let me know the
>> correct group to Post.
>>
>>     I am planning to develop an application where the users will be given
>> provisions  to write their own scripts and execute. I am planning to use
>> VBScript and WSH (which is available in all versions of Windows). Does
>> WSH, VBScripts protected licenses ? Is there any open source script and
>> script interpreters available ? If I could develop such an application
>> with scripting facility using VBScript and WSH can I make it commercial ?
>>
>> Thanks and Regards
>> Ram
>>

> You're welcome!

0
Kenneth
8/8/2010 2:59:30 PM

> "Kenneth A. Larsen" <LarsenK@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Ram" <ram.newsgroups@unitedprotech.com> wrote in message
>>> Hello,
>>>  I do not know if this is right group. If not, Please let me know the
>>> correct group to Post.
>>>
>>>     I am planning to develop an application where the users will be
>>> given provisions  to write their own scripts and execute. I am planning
>>> to use VBScript and WSH (which is available in all versions of Windows).
>>> Does WSH, VBScripts protected licenses ? Is there any open source script
>>> and script interpreters available ? If I could develop such an
>>> application with scripting facility using VBScript and WSH can I make it
>>> commercial ?
>>>
>>> Thanks and Regards
>>> Ram
>>>

>> You're welcome!

0
Kenneth
8/8/2010 2:59:33 PM
"Kenneth A. Larsen" <kuhlpc#2@optimum.net> wrote in message

> "Kenneth A. Larsen" <kuhlpc#2@optimum.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Kenneth A. Larsen" <kuhlpc#2@optimum.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Kenneth A. Larsen" <kuhlpc#2@optimum.net> wrote in message

0
Kenneth
8/10/2010 9:43:27 PM
"Kenneth A. Larsen" <kuhlpc#2@optimum.net> wrote in message

> "Kenneth A. Larsen" <LarsenK@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Ram" <ram.newsgroups@unitedprotech.com> wrote in message
>>> Hello,
>>>  I do not know if this is right group. If not, Please let me know the
>>> correct group to Post.
>>>
>>>     I am planning to develop an application where the users will be
>>> given provisions  to write their own scripts and execute. I am planning
>>> to use VBScript and WSH (which is available in all versions of Windows).
>>> Does WSH, VBScripts protected licenses ? Is there any open source script
>>> and script interpreters available ? If I could develop such an
>>> application with scripting facility using VBScript and WSH can I make it
>>> commercial ?
>>>
>>> Thanks and Regards
>>> Ram
>>>

>> You're welcome!

0
Kenneth
8/10/2010 9:43:40 PM

> "Kenneth A. Larsen" <kuhlpc#2@optimum.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Kenneth A. Larsen" <kuhlpc#2@optimum.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Kenneth A. Larsen" <kuhlpc#2@optimum.net> wrote in message

0
Kenneth
8/20/2010 9:58:15 PM

> "Kenneth A. Larsen" <kuhlpc#2@optimum.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Kenneth A. Larsen" <LarsenK@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Ram" <ram.newsgroups@unitedprotech.com> wrote in message

>>> You're welcome!

0
Kenneth

Script Exception when adding a standard report to My Reports
We are implementing GP 10 at a customer site and when a user adds a standard report to "My Reports" and clicks the link we are getting an error: "Unhandled script exception: Illegal address for field 'IsPrinting' in script 'PrintReport'. Script terminated." Has anyone else ran into this issue? -- Lori A. Baker HRM Consultant JAT Computer Consulting lbaker@jatnet.com We have encountered the same error message after upgrading a client to 10 from 9. When she goes to the smartlist and then tries to run the report from her homepage again, it works, but...

Scripting in Excel
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Can I write a script to delete rows if the text in a given column is not some designated text? > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3346063613_21527143 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit On 1/11/10 11:26 AM, in article 59bb0974.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "suj208@officeformac.com" <suj208@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: ...

Script to consolidate a few thousand .txt files in to one excel sp
Anyone have a script that will look at about 3000 .txt files located in one directory, and write the contents of each file in to a single excel spreadsheet? "Trahsub" <Trahsub@discussions.microsoft.com> said this in news item news:5982969C-57A1-4E7F-BE47-57A1F1769C88@microsoft.com... > Anyone have a script that will look at about 3000 .txt files located in > one > directory, and write the contents of each file in to a single excel > spreadsheet? It depends a lot on the structure of the text files and what you expect in your spreadsheet. The...

VBScript for SMTP admin
Hi all, I'm trying to find whether there's some way to admin SMTP virtual server by VBScript, not from GUI. I want to deploy multiple SMTP virtual servers on multiple boxes, so it's quite boring to click lots of time to do the same thing. Do you have any info, hint or simple samples to share? Many thanks. -Gavin Best start here http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/hubs/exchange.mspx . Also try posting the question to microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript group as well. "Gavin Lu" <gavin.lu@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1137398521.817458.1035...

are VBscript on Windows server 2003 and VBscript on WS2008 compatible?
Hi everybody, Sorry if my question has already been asked, but I haven't found anything which is clear for me on this point. I spent a lot of time learning VBscript on Windows server 2003 (my sources are script56.chm and script_center.chm files), especially VBscript for using Active Directory (creating user accounts etc). Now, I have several scripts and I'm rather satisfied. I would like to know if my scripts will always work on Windows server 2008 or if, after migration to Windows 2008, I would have to rewrite my scripts? Thanks in advance. -- Fran�ois La...

Unhandled Script exception GP9 lookup button
I get the following Unhandled script exception: Index 0 of array 'VerifyTrxTotals' is out of range in script 'UPR_Batch_ID_Lookup_Scroll SCROLL_FILL'. Script terminated. This occurs whenever I hit the payroll batchID lookup button in GP 90. It only occurs in one company, but it does occur on all machines. If I use the scroll arrows at the bottom the batches are displayed with no error. I'm stumped. Any help is greatly apprecieated. Thanks Brandon ...

VBScript
There's probably already an answer to this, somewhere, but it would take me forever to find it! I use CloudEight stationery frequently. Evidently I have installed an update to Outlook that keeps their beautiful stationery from scrolling. It was an update that disabled VBScript inside of Outlook (it still works fine in Outlook Express). CloudEight FAQ says to find out from MicroSoft how to RE- ENABLE VBScript for Outlook if I want to use it. I've been looking for over an hour, now, and have better things to do than to sit here all night looking for the answer. I'm hoping S...

Request for help with VBScript...
Hi Forum, I have tried to write a VBScript (to be called using "cscript z:\folder\script.vbs") as a tool/utility to time email delivery. Basically it sends two emails, one to an email gateways providers echo service, and another to itself. The scripts purpose is to record delivery delay timings, as part of an excercise to determine and record quality of performance and service. Its pretty simple at the moment, and I would like to make it more detailed, and I would like to get it to run as a scheduled task either on a workstation or on a server. I have several problems wit...

Problem with Script Updating

Scripting For Active X ???
Perhaps someone here can help me with a sign-in problem with the Linksys/Cisco forum. Recently, I have been unable to sign in, as a pop-up box says, "Error: Scripting for ActiveX might be disabled." I don't believe it is disabled and I cannot contact Cisco to find out why I can't sign in to the forum. If you have a suggestion for correcting this problem I would certainly appreciated it. Thanks! "Scotirish" <Scotirish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A2D1BCD7-7ED5-4562-8AAF-C39D56A979B8@microsoft.com... > Perhaps someone...

Outlook 2000 slow to load on Hosted Exchange Server #2
Afternoon All - My company contracted with a 3rd party Exchange Host for our email. Some of the brokers are running Outlook2000 over WinME (yes, we know its old!) I have seen numerous posts on O2K hanging on startup for a few minutes, and to update the hosts file with the IP of the exchange server to resolve this. My questions are: 1) Does this work for Hosted Exchange Servers or only Local ones? 2) Do I have to do this on each machine? Any other ideas? Clients with Outlook2003 work fine. Mailbox sizes are nothing too large. Thanks! jfreer at gmail dot com ...

HELP!!!!!!!!! with a Hierachial Script and XML
SQL Gurus, I need help I have a table with categories Category1==>Root SubCategory1.1 SubCategory1.2 Sub-SubCategory1.2.1 Category2==>Root SubCategory2.1 SubCategory2.2 Sub-SubCategory2.2.1 .... and so on ... Next, I have a form (HTML) with roots as checkboxes i.e Category1, Category2, Category3 1. When the user checks Category1 and clicks retrieve, return all children of Category1 2. When the user checks Category1 and Category2 and clicks retrieve, return all children of Category1 and Category2 Below is my c# script: [WebMethod] public...

Need help with ftp script
I'm trying to create a WinXP ftp script and I'm having a hard time even figuring out the syntax. I have an XML file on one of my websites, let's call it sourceweb.com (publicly available) that I want to copy to a directory on another of my websites, let's call it destinationweb.com, so that it overwrites the existing file. I'd like the script to include the destination's ftp user name & prompt me for the password. Can anyone please show me how to do this? Thanks!!! "Toni" <Toni@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:OOmjkD...

Why can I do this in VBScript...?
Hi, I'm currently making heavy use of an application that provides an ActiveX scripting/automation interface via VBScript. In those scripts a special object is made available which represent the application's various properties and methods. Works great. However it's not Powershell, so it's not perfect. My question is that if I can run VBScript against this object, why can't I simply instatiate this object in Powershell and use that. Thing is, search as I have amongst all the dark corners of new-object -com Sorry, you really haven't provide enough...

VBScript...
I am very new to this, I am trying to have a function get the number from a 'Results' (MaxOfLN) and add '1' to it and populate a textbox (LN01)in a form. I have been messing with... <script type="text/vbscript"> Function LOTN LN01 = MaxOfLN.value + "1" Document.write(LN01) End Function </script> I would call this in the 'Body' onload="". Any help would begreatly appreciated. Thanks David I would recommend against not using vbScript client-side, as it will only work in IE. I would probably go with javascrip...

Change Outlook Setting via GP or Script
I have 300 users on a shared email host. Our domain name is changing. Does anyone know how I could automate changing the POP3 settings on each of my Outlook users without having to touch each PC? Theses PCs are spread out geographically and I don't trust the users aptitude to change them themselves. I have Googled this ad nauseam to no avail. Thank you. Must have been your search terms then. You can deploy a prf, mst or cmw file for this. You can find more info and a wizard in the Office Resource Kit of your Office version. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuri...

Hosting Tournament, need formula.
Ok, Here's my story. I am currently hosting a tournament among friends which are split into different groups (32 people, 8 groups of 4). Anyway I am making a spreadsheet to make it all 'easier.' Using Excel 2002 Anyway: [image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/stevendgates/ss4.jpg] Where: FORMULA FOR R4 IS: =IF(M4=\"\",\"\",IF(M4>Q4,K4,P4)) FORMULA FOR S4 IS: =IF(R4=\"\",\"\",IF(R4=K4,P4,K4)) Ok, here's my problem. If a Draw was to happen, the R4 field will always give me the P4 Field and the S4 field will make the K4 value...

Script terminates - how to continue
So I have this script that goes through a list of remote servers and adds registry keys. When it hits a server that doesn't exist, the below error message is generated. The script then stops but I want it to continue if it hits such a problem. I am using Powershell 2. Completed on loninfra Failed on: servernameA Exception calling "OpenRemoteBaseKey" with "2" argument(s): "The network path was not found. " __________________________________________________________________________ Here is the script: $ErrorActionPreference = "Continue" ...

DiskPart Script is not working
DiskPart /s Scriptname---------> This is command is not creating a partition ...

fire event from within vbscript
Does anyone know how to invoke a fire event from within a vbscript? I can do it from within a javascript but this just exposes a bug in RMS and the screen will only refresh 60% of the time after execution. Any help appreciated! OK, I still don't know how to invoke a qsbridge fire event from within a vbscript but I was able to do it from javascript without having the transaction screen blank out. Enclose the fireevent function calls within a setTimeout (see below). I now have a Custom POS button that will allow you to select a customer by invoking a simple html script ("HTML Windo...

OWA and Script Error
I have a situation where we are trying to use Outlook Web Access. We can log onto it, but no messages are displayed, but a script error notification is present stating that an Object doesn't support a certain property or function. The script is named "vw_message.js" My guess is that vw_message.js forms the code for displaying the list of messages and to view an individual message. Does anyone know what the cause of this is? Is it a recent patch or something to the Exchange server? Jordan Hotzel wrote on Fri, 02 April 2010 18:31 > I have a situation where we...

Running a script after logoff or before logon
I'm having an occasional problem with our SBS2003 domain. When users with roaming profiles log off, sometimes their ntuser.dat file will have its permissions corrupted and they won't be able to log on next time. We're using XP Pro. I would like to run a script after they log off to use xcacls.vbs to reset the permissions on ntuser.dat, but I'm not sure how to run it. I'm not sure how or when the corruption occurs so it's probably best to run the script just before the user logs on, but I think a regular logon script may run too late in the process to be of a...

using VBscript in Custom actions during installation (MSI)
I have an issue that I have been struggeling with for nealy a week now with out any success. The script is simple and is shown below. When the scrip is executed from a cmd prompt there is no issue. When the scrip is executed from within the Costum Action during installation the scrip fails on some PC's and not on others. Dim objLocator, objService, obj, BuildNumber Set objLocator = CreateObject("WbemScripting.SWbemLocator") Set objService = objLocator.ConnectServer( , "root\cimv2") <----- the script is failing here!!! objService.Security_.Imper...

Access function in a DLL from vbScript
All, I would like to write a DLL with a few function that are not available in WMI. I know how to write a dll but is there anything special that I must add to it if I want to be able to you the function from with in it. I know it involves COM\ALT but I have never did any COM\ALT projects. If someone can provide a basic sample project or point me to a good tutorial on the net, that would be great. Example: In the dll there will be a function call GetMountPoint() in my VBScript I want to do: Set oMydll = CreateObject("MyDll") oMydll.GetMountPoint() How can I do this. Thanks in...

Scripting Tables in 2008 SSMS
I saw Tom's query (of April 2009) on the above subject on Google groups - I am now facing the same problem. I used to have SQL 2005, upgraded(?) to SQL 2008 Express and then on to SQL 2008 Standard. Did anyone ever get an answer other than John Bell's telling Tom to write his own SMO script? Does anyone know how to solve this problem? TIA Regards Alan On Fri, 4 Jun 2010 07:06:46 -0700 (PDT), alanbr <ambradnum@hotmail.com> wrote: >I saw Tom's query (of April 2009) on the above subject on Google >groups - I am now facing the same problem. > >...