Script running other scripts return values

hello

I've got series of VB scripts that I run manually buy clicking on them,

Can't I have one script that runs all of them?  I would want to check a
returned variable to is one script has a failure, the later one won't get
executed.  Can't I just use the .Run method?  How do I return a value from
one script, and read it in the other script?

Thanks

0
Bill

"Bill" <someplace@somewhere.com> wrote in message
> hello
>
> I've got series of VB scripts that I run manually buy clicking on them,
>
> Can't I have one script that runs all of them?  I would want to check a
> returned variable to is one script has a failure, the later one won't get
> executed.  Can't I just use the .Run method?  How do I return a value from
> one script, and read it in the other script?
>
> Thanks

This is very much the domain of batch files, e.g. like so:
@echo off
cscript //nologon c:\scripts\script1.vbs || goto :eof
cscript //nologon c:\scripts\script2.vbs || goto :eof
cscript //nologon c:\scripts\script3.vbs || goto :eof
cscript //nologon c:\scripts\script4.vbs || goto :eof

To flag a failure, you would terminate each script with
wscript.quit x
If x > 0 then the batch file will terminate.

Alternatively you could use the Exec method repeatedly, then check the
ExitCode each time. It's more involved but it will work. And lastly you
could turn each of your programs into a subroutine of your master VB Script.

0
Pegasus

Run Macro button after info is entered in a cell
I want users to enter data in I3 then be able to click a "find" button which will run the macro below, but the macro won't work because excel is waiting for the user to click "enter" or "tab" after entering data in I3. How can I make the macro work? Range("J3").Select Rows("4:5").Select Selection.EntireRow.Hidden = False Range("I3").Select Until you finish inputting the command into I3, XL won't do any macros. Is there some significant reason why the user can't hit "enter", "tab...

Look up tables vs. value fields via combo box on form
I have tables such as t_WeatherData in which I have fields such as Temperature, WindSpeed, WindDirection. The WindSpeed and WindDirection fields each have a lookup table with an ID (primary key/autonumber) and a field that holds a category ("N", "NE", "NW", "W", etc., or "< 5 mph", "5-10 mph", etc.). As I have it, the look up tables merely serve to populate a combo box on the data entry form... OR, is creating a combo box with a value list sufficient? What should be the factors in my decision on when to use a look...

Reject script in pass through san script not working
I have a scenario that i had to check for dependencies of divisions(Human Resources) before their deletion and decide whether to let deletion proceed or not, i had done this for many entities like department(Dynamics) in my development dictionary, i registered a focus trigger before delete button of department form and checked dependencies for it on triggered script and allow or prevent deletion successfully. Now for division that is in the human resources dictionary i registered a cross-dictionary focus trigger to run before delete buttons change event as result = Trigger_RegisterFocus...

Sort Column Script
I need to have a script in Excel that would allow the sorting of columns from column "D" to the column before the last column with data. I do not want the last column sorted. The criteria for the sort is in row 1 (Name of an employee). Additional columns will be inserted between column "D" and the last column so they need to be sorted. I hope this is clear. Can someone please assist me? Thank you! Bernie Bernie How can someone named Bernie NOT know how to do this? ;-) Sub BernieSort() Range(Range(Range("D1"), Range("D1").End(xlDown)), _ ...

Run workflow using javascript ?
Is it possible to start a workflow rule using onchange script ? I want a rule to fill out zip code, country, city from a new entity when a lookup zipcode field is changed. It is working now as a test if status is changed, but that is status of the account and not the field. Jack -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Jeg beskyttes af den gratis SPAMfighter til privatbrugere. Den har indtil videre sparet mig for at f� 14181 spam-mails Betalende brugere f�r ikke denne besked i deres e-mails. Hent en gratis SPAMfighter her. Hi Jack, If you can ...

Excel Values problems
I'm opening an exported Crystal Reports excel file in Excel. The file opens properly with no problems other than cell values are not being treated as cell values. Selecting several cells with numbers in them gives no result in the status bar area. If I press F2 (to edit a formlua) and then enter the value is treated as a number. As I have thousands of cells like this, has anybody got any ideas of why this is happening and what I can do to fix this. I have formulas that depend on cells being treated like numbers. Regards Sam Benson ------------------------------------------------ ...

I am receiving a message about parameter values and it won't send
I put outlook on my computer, tried to send an email, and it won't send it because of parameter values. Did I install outlook wrong or what. ...

Script error found during opening Dynamics
I just upgrade to the latest Canada Payroll tax update, when one of the user who sign on to Dynamics after upgrade, she got the "Internet Explorer Script Error" window pop up and saying "An error has occurred in the script on this page" Line: 335 Char: 6 Error: The data is invalid Code: 0 URL: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/UserA/Local%20Settings/Temp/tmpAD1.tmp I tried to clear all the temp file in this folder but still no luck to get rid of this message during loading Dynamics. I asked the user to click on "Yes" button to continue "D...

Get Month name from Date value in cell
I'm trying to get the month from a date representation as follows ... Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Column = 3 And Target.Cells.Count = 1 Then Dim strDate As String strDate = Format(Target.Value, "mmmm") Range("A20").Value = strDate Else Exit Sub End If End Sub The error I am getting is ... "Object Required" on the ... strDate = Format(Target.Value, "mmmm") ... line by which I'm guessing Target.Value is not being seen as a date type ... A...

Set Me.hiddentxt some value for Button on form txtdatabox exit eve
Hi O' knowledgeable fundis, I would like to place an indicator value in a hidden txt box on my form in the "On Exit" event of a field so that I can know which button triggered the exit. Is this possible as I can't seem to find a way. Any method of recording that activity would be great. You have to be a little more specific. You want to trigger an event on the on exit of a textfield and want to know what triggered it? Probably the on exit event i presume. But if i want to know which button was pressed or which control did something i record it using the m...

auto run macro
can someone give me the logic for a macro to automatically run when a workbook is open. I just want the workbook to do a calculation every second. Look in vba HELP index for ONTIME. Then place in the auto_open or workbook_open events in the ThisWorkbook module -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Aaron Russell" <arussell@faultlesscaster.com> wrote in message news:uuJOEiDkEHA.2304@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > can someone give me the logic for a macro to automatically run when a > workbook is open. I just want the workbook to do a calculation every > se...

VBA script help..Please !!!!
I have been given the script below by Ron De Bruin - and I can't thank him enough, however I'm still scratching my head as it doesn't EXACTLY what I want. I want ALL the built in command bars/toolbars etc that are shown in a normal excel sheet to be hidden when I open my 'Log' - EXCEPT my own personal toolbar named 'LOG' and the 'Worksheet Menu Bar'. 2 problems arise from the script below :- 1) The Worksheet Menu Bar is displayed, but my 'LOG' toolbar is not. 2) If I open another seperate excel sheet, all the same commands have been copied to...

error in report only when run as a subreport
I have two reports that are identical except for the underlying query. the reports show mvoement information but each report shows a different direction. I put each of these directional reports in a third report to display the directions side by side. When run individually the directional reports execute fine. When run as subreports I get divide by zero errors in a section footer of the subreports. The error does not occur when run as a stand-alone report. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance for any help. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

Order Name J Script
Hi I want to automatically populate the order name to customer name + date. This is the script I have but it shows the dayand time etc. I want to format the date such that it is dd-mm-yy format. How do i go about this please? var lookupItem = new Array; lookupItem = crmForm.all.customerid.DataValue; var d = new Date(); if (lookupItem[0] != null) { crmForm.all.name.DataValue = lookupItem[0].name +" : " + d; } You might want to take a look at the snippets below to munipulate datetimes. http://snippets.dzone.com/posts/show/932 Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP Crowe http://www.cro...

References omit formatting and return cell address
In two cases of references between worksheets, the formatting from the original cell does not appear in the cell that it is referenced to. Case 1: Worksheet 1, A1 contains a currency formatted number - $2,000 Worksheet 2, A1 references the Workhseet 1, A1 cell using the = sign, yet it returns 2000 (unless I manually reformat the Workksheet 2 cell to Currency Case 2: Worksheet 3, A1 contains an apartment # - e.g. 4 Worksheet 4, A1 references this cell but returns the cell address - Worksheet2,!A1' - rather than the number 4. I tried different formats for the number 4,...

Script running other scripts return values
hello I've got series of VB scripts that I run manually buy clicking on them, Can't I have one script that runs all of them? I would want to check a returned variable to is one script has a failure, the later one won't get executed. Can't I just use the .Run method? How do I return a value from one script, and read it in the other script? Thanks "Bill" <someplace@somewhere.com> wrote in message news:e72gZtg7KHA.5644@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > hello > > I've got series of VB scripts that I run manually buy clicking on...

How to convert computed values to the coreresponding constants?
In an Excel table I use a formula =if(a1=a2, 1, 0) to mark first of the two consecutive lines that have identical content in cell a by putting 1 or 0 in column b. Then I want to sort the table by its b values. To do this I have to change the computed 1's and 0's to unconditional constants. ijl wrote: > In an Excel table I use a formula =if(a1=a2, 1, 0) to mark first of the two > consecutive lines that have identical content in cell a by putting 1 or 0 in > column b. > Then I want to sort the table by its b values. To do this I have to change > the computed 1&#...

vba Search Script for outlook?
I'm looking for some way to script a search for approximately 35 keywords within a PST file... I would like for the script to create a subfolder for each key word, then place a COPY of any message found withing the PST into the associated subfolder.. Anyone ever do anything like this before?? Troy ...

STREAM SOCKET checksum error with no returned errors on Server OR Client
Problem: A stream based socket being used to send binary data fails to deliver correct data for the 45th buffer transmitted whose size is 4092 characters. Possibly relevant Details: 0) A semaphore is used on the transmitting side to ensure that only one thread gains access to the open socket. (There are two windows messages that can generate calls to send(), and recv() in this application, but it doesn't appear that they run simultaneously anyway, so the semaphore may be overkill). 1) wsaData.iMaxUdpDg = 65467 (as returned by WSAStartup() ) Not that it should matter...

Negative or zero values cannot be plotted correctly on log charts
Excel 2002 SP3. This maybe a stupid question (I'm not a statistician or mathematician). I have data that looks like this: Na 0.032617 Cl 0.0265 Ca 0.000524 K 0.005523 Mg 0.0000823 PO4 0.00031 HCO3 0.001655 I am plotting it with categorical values on the xaxis and the numerical value on the y axis. I am using a logarithmic scale for the y axis. I am getting the "Negative or zero values cannot be plotted correctly on log charts. Only positive values can be interpreted on a logarithmic scale" message, which I see from the newsgroup is common if there are zeros in the data. H...

Business Portal Script Error
I've got Business Portal v1.2 and I have a user trying to add a new page. When he runs the wizard to create the new page, he gets a script error. The error is: A DLL initialization routine failed. http://server/BusinessPortal/UI/ClientCommon/Scripts/mbftreeview.htc He can't finish the wizard. Do I need to re-install something on the server? Thanks, John Does the user have the correct permissions? Click on Site settings and see if the user has te correct permissions. Might be worth adding the page as a user who is a administrator in BP. James "AnytimeAnywhere" <...

Calculating a value but omitting cells with empty data
I want to calculate a value based on several cells in say row 4. However, I do not want to include values in any columns that do not also have a non-missing value in, say, row3. Thus my calculated cell in, say column A, should have some syntax like: IF A3 <> MISSING THEN < do calculation of value> I hope this is clear. What is the proper syntax for the pseudocode that I have above? Thanks! Depends on what your calculation is. Are you summing, counting, multiply, etc.?Each has their own formula structure. For instance, the basic summing one is =SUMIF(3:3,"<>&...

Calculate percent for values in detail section
In addition. to the detail section with "District", I have one group section "Country". My report looking something like this: ---------------------------------------- Country District Amount Percent ---------------------------------------- Norway A 8 80% B 2 20% Sweden B 4 40% C 3 30% D 3 30% My problem is the Percent column. I want to...

ANy script for this?
Hi all, I need to run the script on our file servers to get Last Acesses Date more than 180 days. It should search the sub-folders too. Windows 2003 server. Thank you. "ed" <ed@discussions.microsoft.com> said this in news item news:4FF557C4-643F-4EB1-9738-AF22E0F1693E@microsoft.com... > Hi all, > > I need to run the script on our file servers to get Last Acesses Date more > than 180 > days. It should search the sub-folders too. > Windows 2003 server. > > Thank you. Use the code you received in the Server group, leaving &...

Outlook delete run away
When I click the delete icon on the tool bar it deletes 2 or 3 emails not just the email highlighted. Why and how do I stop it? ...