problem erasing CD-RW disc

Hello,

I need to erase a CD-RW

I use the follwing code:
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsopticalplatform/thread/709d5658-6581-4dbc-8357-778cf052afe9

But I get this error:
0xC0AA090B
E_IMAPI_ERASE_CLIENT_NAME_IS_NOT_VALID

This obviously means: "The client name is not valid"
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc835244(VS.85).aspx

But what is "The client" ?
And what may cause this error?

How could I use VBS to erase a  RW CD or DVD?

I use XP SP2

Thank you

0
Heinz

Problem with grid lines.
My Excell worksheets show horizontal grid lines but not vertical gridlines on screen. Making the sheet look like lined paper rather than fully grided! I have tried re-loading the software but that did not correct it. I have tried going into "Tools", "Options" and "View" unchecked gridlines box, closed Excel reopened it, then checked gridlines box but still does not bring back vertical gridlines. Help! Julian One suggestion...... Try playing with the "refresh" rate on your Monitor, especially if it is an LCD type. Right-click on Desktop>Proper...

RMS CC Report Print Problem
At the end of the day after settling my credit cards, I print the "Electronic Draft Capture Detailed" report for the day's transactions. The first copy of the report has the page with all the headings but the report data is located at the upper left corner of the page in a 1 inch square box, I then print a 2nd page and it comes out okay. Any suggestions would help. Thanks ...

SendMessage Form Refresh Problem
Hi all, I am currently working on the following scenario: 1) User check on the checkbox in the form 2) My program perform a SendMessage to click on the form OK button 3) A message box then pop up. The above resulted in the checkbox not having the check display. Anyone has any idea? Regards cleohm Sounds like you are running code when the control gets clicked. Are you allowing default processing to occur? -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits Programming http://www.softcircuits.com "cleohm" <cleohm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:34378C29-6334-4134-B0C7-CB...

backup onto a cd
hi. since it now takes 4 dics to backup $$ i was wondering if i could backup onto a cd... it doesnt appear as an option when i select backup only A:floppy is available. This FAQ hasn't been posted in several days: --- Q): How do I backup to CD-RW? CD-R? A): First, remember that a CD-R or CD-RW is not a general purpose random access storage device and needs software (like DirectCD from Easy CD (Coaster) Creator by Roxio) to begin to pretend to be. (That having been said, the poor reliability many people experience with packet writing software in general and DirectCD in specific sugges...

Problem converting Publisher files to pdf
Hair tearing problem! I have an A4 page of text with a footer with page number and line above. If I try and create a pdf file either using Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Distiller or even going through a process of saving as a Postscript file and then converting to pdf via Adobe I get the footer with page number and line jump up about half an inch and attach itself to the bottom of the text. I felt this might be something to do with incorrect page sizes but can find nothing wrong here. Does anyone know what this might be? Adrian 'Haven't heard of this problem before. ?? Here's...

Excel 97 Landscape Print problems
We have a machine running Excel 97 which refuses to print landscape in Excel. It prints fine in other programs, just not Excel. Print, Print Preview are all stuck in Portrait mode. Any ideas on why? Just a guess. I'd try removing the current printer driver and reinstalling it. (Maybe even visit the printer's web site for a newer/fresh version.) Does this happen with all your printers on that PC? Jim Jackson wrote: > > We have a machine running Excel 97 which refuses to print > landscape in Excel. It prints fine in other programs, > just not Excel. Print, Pri...

Problem with objectdatasource with method with object for parameter
hi all, i have in a my page (asp.net c#) a objectdatasource in binding with my business object. I've created a method with parameter follow the example found in http://msdn.microsoft.com/it-it/library/system.web.ui.webcontrols.parameter.aspx web page have a listview control vith a DropDownList (ddl) control and a text box when i select an item of ddl this change a text value in Text control: 1) if ojectdatasource use method without parameter the page call only method on ddl and return to webbrowser (text control have the new value) 2) if ojectdatasource use method w...

Wireless network problem
I am using windows vista home edition in my home. The machine wireless network connection will not be working when the system will be restarted. So after each restarting of the system , I have to connect with wireless network againg by giving username and password of the router. Please anybody can advice what I have to do to solve this problem With many thanks Pol Environment: 1. New Belkin N Wireless router (F5D8233-4) set to: Authentication: WPA-PSK + WPA2 + PSK Encryption: TKIP + AES Unique SSID and pre-shared key entered 2. New HP Pavilion DV6000 laptop running ...

leading zero problem
Hi, I have been given some call data from my telecomms provider in csv format. I have tried importing that into excel so I can then import into an access table but the format got messed up so I have converted the raw data file to txt. Problem with both when I import into excel is that in my CalledNo cell, I have a leading space in front of the phone number which is of the format 01234567890. I have tried using the data > text to columns tool but this deletes the 0 even tho I keep the cell format as text. I have also tried TRIM function however not all numbers are the same length. Thanks ...

Receiving entry problem
Has anyone run into this before? A customer is encountering an error when receiving PO's: These are the steps that produce the error: Select Shipment\Invoice Enter Vendor information and select Auto Receive. Sort by Item/PO Selects the item and then the PO to receive. Chooses display marked on the window and verifies PO's and amounts Then selects receive. Dynamics then receives more items than originally selected The error seems to be randon, does not always happen. If the receipt is voided and re-entered, the issue may repeat but it may not. I can't verify anything du...

Internet Explorer vertical OnSize / OnSetExtent problem
Hello everyone, I have tried finding more information about this problem, but was unable to locate other posts about it. It is easily reproducible and I can send source code to anyone interested in it. I created an ActiveX control from scratch in Visual Studio 2005 with no content other than the default content, and the problem persists. Scenario: - ActiveX control executed inside Internet Explorer 6 or 7 - Added ON_WM_SIZE() to Message map of control - Created methods for OnSize and OnSetExtent events which don't do anything but call the base class' methods (CWnd and COleControl, re...

Load the DLL resource problem-help
Hi, I created a Dialog inside a MFC Shared Dll and from the application passed the Dialog ID from the application.But inside the CDialog::Create(nIDTemplate,ptrParentWnd) function i am getting the error.The error point is HRSRC hResource = ::FindResource(hInst, lpszResource, RT_DIALOG); inside the function called internally by CDIalog::Create which is BOOL AFXAPI _AfxCheckDialogTemplate(LPCTSTR lpszResource, BOOL bInvisibleChild). hResource is returning an error.Before calling the create function from application i am explictly told to use dll resource by using function AfxSetResourceHandle(:...

having a problem creating a histogram with an in between range
excel's standard graphs do not allow me to do an in between range for a histogram. Is there any way I can make each bar a range instead of a number with no spaces between bars? here's a drawing of what I'm looking for: http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/2511/histogramzi0.jpg ...

Problem #3
I seem to have read somewhere that you can set up your e- mail address to send a default e-mail if you are away on holiday I wonder if anyone could help me. Hey Joe, you need a Exchange Server to to that. "Joe Ford" <carlie.hodge@uk.york.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:e00201c43c04$a996e1f0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I seem to have read somewhere that you can set up your e- > mail address to send a default e-mail if you are away on > holiday I wonder if anyone could help me. > Bravestar <Bravestar@datenschutzministerium.de> wrote: > you need a Exchange ...

Strange OWA problem
I have a user that is receiving two identical navigation panes. She is using Internet Explorer. The server is Windows 2003, and Exchange 2003. I recently installed SSL, and url redirection if that could possibly make a difference. Does anyone know why this happen, and how to fix it? They are right beside each other on the right side of the windows. Thanks C Emmons "C Emmons" <CEmmons@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7B517C01-1044-45A7-8AFB-FE1D3D104FDE@microsoft.com... > I have a user that is receiving two identical navigation panes. She is using > ...

Money 2004 Standard installation in XP Pro problem
I have been running Money 2004 standard on my Windows ME machine for about a month I have transfered in several years worth of Quicken data. My son needed Windows XP Pro. I backed up the data files, and then did an upgrade. Money seemed to work OK, but I had problems with other programs. Decide to do a clean install and format to NTFS. Have downloaded the XP updates and service packs. When reloading Money I get a successful completion notice, but when I start the program I get "Unable to initialize a required Money component. Please reinstall Money from orginal product d...

problem finding named sheet
I have created a sheet using VBA. When I try to select the sheet, it doesn't work, but if I try to name anew sheet with same name, an error occurs. This code was originally used to create sheet (Dept is a string) 'create new dept sheet Set NewSheet = Worksheets.Add NewSheet.Name = Dept This code is trying to test for presence of sheet, but testpagevalue does not pick up value in the existing sheet, so gives error? Private Function SheetExists(sname) As Boolean ' True if sheet exists in the active workbook and create if not present Dim testPag...

Problems with Pivot Table Field Sorting in Excel 2002
I cannot get some data fields in pivot tables to appear in the "data source order". This option under advanced is greyed out for some reason. So everything gets sorted. Any suggestions? If you right-click on a field button, choose Field Settings, and click Advanced, that field should appear in the field list for sort order. Mike wrote: > I cannot get some data fields in pivot tables to appear > in the "data source order". This option under advanced is > greyed out for some reason. So everything gets sorted. > Any suggestions? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel...

Outlook 2003 .ost problems
We are using Outlook 2003 in cached Exchange mode. When trying to access my Deleted Items folder, it says "outlook.ost file cannot be accessed. The handle is invalid." What is the problem? ...

Interesting problem with CPtrArray and multithreading
Hello, I'm using MSVC60 and Win2K. I encountered very interesting problem with CPtrArray. I have class with CPtrArray member. Methods of the class are called from different threads. Scenario is as following: 1. Thread 1 adds element to the array. 2. Some external event happens, which triggers.. 3. ...Thread 1 to add another element to array and.. 4. ...Thread 2 to start searching for second element in array. Thread 2 will try several times with short pause between them. During this period element is added for sure by Thread 1. Moreover, trace from Thread 1 correctly reports size of arr...

Importing and Exporting Contacts in Outlook
I use MS Office 2000. Usually I have not had any problems export and importing my Outlook contacts before. I do this to backup my contacts and to update my laptop from the primary desktop PC I use. I use comma delimited (DOS) format for the foregoing. The problem is now when I export contacts seems like the process picks only certain fields instead of all the non null fields of each contact record. I have always maintain my contacts in categories. There is only one unusual thing that I did recently that might contribute to my problem. I set up a special, new category to receive a group o...

Problem with Column Chart on 2 Axis
I have two series, A and B, and 3 values for each series. When I create a side by side column chart, right click the second series and choose Format Data Series > Axis > Secondary the two series overlap in one space; why did I lose the side by side appearance and how might I get it back? TIA for any ideas. Excel effectively treats the two series as two independent charts. If you still want the series side by side, make dummy series and make these transparent without borders so you don't see it effectively. Change the series order as appropriate. GL, Henk "headly"...

Problem updating references on a chart
Hello, I have a spreadsheet with 50 tabs. Each tab has a 6 month audit score that looks like this: MAR APR MAY JUN JUL AUG 100% 100% 100% 100% 100% 100% There is a bar graph linked to these cells on each tab. What I am trying to do is group the tabs together, then delete the MAR score, shift all cells to the left, then add a SEP score. The problem is... when I try to do that, the graph changes to only show APR MAY JUN JUL & AUG. I can't get it to automatically add SEP. I could do it individually but that would be very time consuming to do it for 50 ...

Printing Problems
I have a 64 bit computer that was running on Vista. I have upgraded to windows 7 on this computer, after downloading the software my printer will not print emails. It prints everything else but not emails. I have updated the software for the HP printer that I have but it didn't do any good. I don't get any error messages when I try and print it simply will not print emails. But it will print web pages. Please can someone help. Windows 7 Forums http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windows7 -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] ...

Recovery
I am trying to do a recovery from the WINDOWS XPPro sp3 installation disk due to a corrupted file stopping windows loading from HDisk. The problem is that this computer has never had an Administrator password set - the request comes for the Administrator password and if I just press return as you would expect for a blank password it refuses to accept the blank field. Is there a way round this or have I to do a full reinstall? I dont think I have an image of this particular machine! Charlie+ "Charlie+" <charlie@xxx.net> wrote in message news:env5u5ttmt1gak8e81...