ping check without ping.exe?

possible with vbs? thanks.

0
Tyler

"Tyler Durden" <abuse@antispam.org> wrote in message
news:uNSaqjdoKHA.5696@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> possible with vbs? thanks.

You can use the Win32_PingStatus class of WMI. See the third example program
linked in this page:

http://www.rlmueller.net/PingComputers.htm

--
Richard Mueller
MVP Directory Services

Richard
1/30/2010 8:31:44 PM
worked as expected, I hope that this help others too. thanks :)

"Richard Mueller [MVP]" <rlmueller-nospam@ameritech.nospam.net> wrote in
message news:uaRe$seoKHA.1544@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...

> "Tyler Durden" <abuse@antispam.org> wrote in message
>> possible with vbs? thanks.
>
> You can use the Win32_PingStatus class of WMI. See the third example
> program linked in this page:
>
> http://www.rlmueller.net/PingComputers.htm
>
> --
> Richard Mueller
> MVP Directory Services
> Hilltop Lab - http://www.rlmueller.net

Tyler

payroll check?
How do I print a payroll check and stub? Director wrote: > How do I print a payroll check and stub? ============================= Scan it and print it just like any other picture. -- John Inzer MS-MVP Digital Media Experience Notice This is not tech support I am a volunteer Solutions that work for me may not work for you Proceed at your own risk Not with Publisher. Sure it can be done but 'd recommend using something like Microsoft Office Accounting Express 2007 rather than a desktop publishing program. Right tool for the job.... http://www.ideawins....

Can ping can't tcp /web
All right I have a WinXPSP3 box that can ping and tracert / resolve IP address / DNS but telnet into a specific port (80, 22 ,25) and choke. What is happening ? -- Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca God, Queen and country! Never Satan President Republic! Beware AntiChrist rising! http://twitter.com/rootnl2k http://www.facebook.com/dyadallee Since 1 June 1995 The Doctor wrote: > All right I have a WinXPSP3 box that can ping and tracert / resolve > IP address / DNS > > but telnet into a specific port (80, 22 ,25) and cho...

have to check mail before sending error
When I send mail I get bounced back with a message stating that I have to check mail before sending. This has never happened before until now. I have not changed any settings in outlook. I am using 2007. Relaying denied: You must check for new mail before sending mail. Go to tools, account settings and double click on the account. Click More settings then Outgoing server. Make sure the authentication is set to check before sending. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick...

Linking Check # to PO #
Does anybody know how to link a PO# to a check #? I am trying to trace a PO thru its life cycle (creation >> receipt of goods >> receipt of invoice >> check creation >> check processing (by the vendor)). I've been able to build a smartlist that gets all of the other dates and I have the check information from our bank. However, I cannot get my smartlist to add the check # that is associated with the payables transaction for the PO. Does anybody know how to do this or is there some other way to determine these values? This is basically a glorified Days Pay...

How to check row is hidden when apply filter
Hi All For Excel 2003 When Apply Filter , How to check the row have been filtered out ? Below coding include filtered out row. iRows = Application.Selection.Rows.Count iCols = Application.Selection.Columns.Count For ir = 1 To iRows ..... Next You can count the visible cells in a column in the autofilter range: With activesheet.autofilter.range.columns(1) if .cells.count = .cells.specialcells(xlcelltypevisible).cells.count then 'all visible else 'not all visible end if end with But that doesn't tell you if the data has been filtered...

Xsd.exe tool issue
I have a xml file that I want to take it as xsd.exe's input to create schema file. When I do xsd sample.xml, I got error, Error: There was an error processing 'sample.xml'. - The same table (element) cannot be the child table in two nested relations. However, I read WSC xml specification, it meets the standard. Someone can help to tell me what is the problem? Thanks lot! John Following is the XMl file simple.xml is, <?xml version="1.0" ?> <xs:Data xmlns:xs="http://www.test.com/Data/"> <xs:all> <xs:element ref="cats"/> ...

How do I remove unwanted check boxes which tagged along from anoth
If there are no other objects on the worksheet: Choose Edit>Go to Click the Special button Select Objects Click OK Press the Delete key to delete the selected objects. tim wrote: -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Payables Checks Remittance
I just upgraded to SP4 on GP10 and our AP person printed her checks and instead of getting a remittance for each check (37 checks) she got one for a vendor who was in the middle of her batch? I don't have a clue why this would happen or how to remidy it. I would also like to know if I can reprint just the remittances? Was this the only vendor that had more than 12 invoices on the stub? It could be that she forgot to check the Separate Remittance box. As far as reprinting them, I think the answer is no. If this is a need (to reprint them) that comes up a lot you might look a...

Check printing spillover
When we print a batch of AP checks, sometimes one check spills over to the next check. It does not void the next check but just prints some part of the previous check. It then prints the third check onwards correctly. This sometimes happens in the beginning of the printing process or mid-way during printing. This puts the check numbers off. For example, GP thinks that chk#200 was paid to Vendor A wheras because of the spillover, it actually prints chk#201 for Vendor A. We have to manually make a note of which check number was skipped for audit purposes. This has been very random. It has...

Remove names from GAL without remoicing their Accounts?
CAn someone please address how to remove a user from the Global Address List without having to remove their account from Active Directory? Thanks, Mike What about the 'Hide from Exchange address lists' checkbox on the Exchange Advanced tab of the user properties? Will that work for you? -- Michael Barta [MSFT] Microsoft Exchange Support Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Mike Kirkland" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.co...

Can not ping Global Catalog, but GC can Ping Me ??!?!
This is an interesting problem. I have an Exchange 2003 server. It was a raid-5 and running very slow so i just upgraded it and changed it to 3 indipendant raid-1's and it was running like lighning, but an old problem reared its ugly head... My setup. MailServer - Mail2k3 (Not a DC) ip: 192.168.1.30 gateway: 192.168.1.1 dns: 192.168.1.3 FileServer - FILE2k3 (DC and a Global Catalog + DNS Server) ip: 192.168.1.3 gateway: 192.168.1.1 dns: 192.168.1.3 Winserver - Win2k3(DC and recently made GC) ip: 192.168.1.7 gw: 192.168.1.1 dns: 192.168.1.3 ALL Servers connected by a 3Com SuperSt...

Printing Check Register
Is there anyway to printout the check register in Money 2001? What about later versions? In microsoft.public.money, OhMarty wrote: >Is there anyway to printout the check register in Money 2001? What about >later versions? > 2001 and later versions allow File->Print from the register. You can also Customize the Transaction report to your liking. There you can select the date range and other factors, which may be advantageous. I have Money 2001, but there is no File->Print from the register. Seems like I can only print reports. I would like to print out the register just a...

Sharing calenders without Exchange?
Hello Folks, is it possible to share calenders WITHOUT using the Exchange-Server? The .pst-File can't be shared, or? The file will be locked on using, or? Thank you very much, Frank from Germany "Frank Hauptlorenz" <fhauptlorenz@nospam.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:bh7lb7$73j$02$1@news.t-online.com > Hello Folks, > > is it possible to share calenders WITHOUT using the Exchange-Server? > The .pst-File can't be shared, or? The file will be locked on using, > or? > > Thank you very much, > Frank from Germany Hello Frank, in english: > is...

Check For Valid Object Reference
How do you check if a reference is still valid? For example, if at the time you need to use a another document reference, how can you check that it’s still valid? Dim sourceDocument as document Set sourceDocument = documents.add … If not sourceDocument is nothing then … Here, the sourceDocument may have been closed before the last call, but in checking the the reference, sourceDocument isn’t nothing (it’s still looks valid), isn’t null (not really used much in VBA anyhow), or empty (it’s been allocated at some point). Currently, I am forcing an error: On Error Resume Next...

CACLS command for cmd.exe?
I nee help with the cacls command. I can lock a file but cannot unlock a file? Or do you have to be the admin to unlock a file? ...

Check for record
I am using the following code to determine if a record is present, then doing stuff accordingly. Trouble is...I do get the message if there is a record and do not get the message if there is not. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a better way? If HasData1(ClientID) Then MsgBox "record" Else ( I even tried NOT HasData1(ClientID)) MsgBox "no record" End If -- Thanks for your help, Chris HasData1 appears to be a function in your application. You need to have a look at it and see what it is returning. Your code expects it to return a boo...

Check for alphabet ?
Hi All, I have a CString and I want to check whether the 3 rd char in the string is alphabet ( A - Z) How do I do this ? Hello, This can be done very simply. Here is a code example that explains it all: CString sCurString(_T("abcdedfs")); if (isalpha(sCurString[2])) cout << "congrats the third character is in the alphabet!\n"; Important notes : to use the function isalpha include the following: #include<cctype> Isalpha basically tells you if the character returned from sCurString[2] is alphabetic. There is also isalphanum for alphanumeric as well. Doe...

Spell Check #5
On some replys I get "Spell checker was unsuccessful. Do you still want to send?" We are using Outlook 2002 and Exchange 2000 Thank you for any help Shelley So, what is the question? On some emails you mis spell amd some you don't. Thom It say it was Unsucessful.. It did not say Spell check complete >-----Original Message----- >So, what is the question? On some emails you mis spell >amd some you don't. > >Thom >. > I sent the message "hi" and got the same message here - just started today. Any real help Thom? ...

PING Bob Phillips
Bob A few days back you kindly offered some direct help with any projects. Didn't take long, did it, but I'm after advice. Is it okay to contact you direct? Thanks Steve Of course Steve. Mail me at bob dot phillips at tiscali dot co dot uk (do the obvious), and I will mail you back a proper email addy. Regards Bob "Steve" <crankylemming@aol.com> wrote in message news:1120490103.531009.107780@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Bob > > A few days back you kindly offered some direct help with any projects. > > Didn't take long, did it, but I'...

How to make MSO close the imap connection after checking mail?
Hi, My server does not allow "idle" connections, and therefore the connection to Microsoft Outlook is closed after a while. I then get a error-message from MSO. How can I make Microsoft Outlook close the connection itself after checking mail? (and thereby I will not get that error?) Regards, �ystein Larsen ...

vba ping
hello, i am trying to find out to use vba to ping domain names or urls that I have listed in my spreadsheet. Then I want to take the ip address that it pings it to and paste it into a cell within the same spreadsheet. Can anyone help. I know nothing about vba so forgive my ignorance but I am willing to learn Hi See Randy Birch's page http://vbnet.mvps.org/code/internet/ping.htm for a start. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Brian" <tcg2k5@yahoo.com> skrev i melding news:eV3GEwwuFHA.3548@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > hello, > i am trying to find out to use vba to pi...

Add Check Name to Safe Pay export
We need the capability within Safe Pay to export (Output Field) the Vendor's Check Name listed in the vendor card as additional information to provide the bank. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/Ne...

Miscellaneous checks requires multicurrency?
Has anyone else run into this problem in 9.0? When trying to enter a miscellaneous check, I get an error message telling me that functional currency has not been set for the checkbook I've selected. We're not using multicurrency. However, the miscellaneous check works in Fabrikam, which has multicurrency. thanks Frank, Run Reconcile against your payables tables. I have seen cases where the currency field in some tables will pick up a value and then not match other fields. Reconcile seems to restore order here. It fixed the same problem for a customer of mine. I have cover...

Cleared check showing up again
Our cash management department runs electronic reconciliation and we normally have had no problem. This month (doing July's reconcile) she downloads the file and runs the process. We get a report (Unprocessed Downloaded Transactions) with one check saying, "Unable to match check". Here's where the weirdness comes in. The check was issued in May, paid in June as usual. It was already reconciled in July for the June's statement. Now it's back AND it's not in the downloaded file from the bank. I'm not sure where it's coming from. When you check in Grea...

How to check for exisiting records
I have a a table called tblindividual which holds data on individuals. The table includes two fields txtfirstname and txtsurname. I have a form called frmregistration. What I want to do is when the user has input the surname I want to check if there is a record where the combination of [txtfirstname] +[txtsurname] already exists and if it does open a form that lists all the records where that combination exists and then be able to select a particular record to view their data in another copy of frmregistration. I assume I'm going to have to use VBA code to do this, I'm very rusty...