How to copy documents using links from excel to web folder - 67021

Hi All,

We have a web application containing documents and each document has its own
link. An excel sheet is having all document names and their links as separate
columns. Now, the requirement is to copy all the documents using their links
from excel to a particular folder in the web application.

I would like to know what all are the possible solutions of this
requirement? Or any vbscript is available to do this task?

Many Thanks,
Atiya.

Any Generous Excel Gurus our there??
I am trying to complete a project involving horseracing handicapping (using data files that are comma delimited). I am so close, but need just a few more things to tie up. Anyone interested in helping?? If so, please email me at 'sq764@aol.com'. Thank you, Scott ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Why not post your questions here so that others may benefit from any solution offered. >-----Original Message----- >I am trying to complete a ...

DVD Copy Pro for Mac

Problems opening Excel files using DFS links
Hi, I origianlly posted this question under networking, but this may be a better forum for my question. Have a weird problem. We're on a Windows 2000 domain where the users' home directory has been redirected using this syntax: \\fqdn.xxx\dfs root\sharename\%username%. The DFS root server is a member file server that holds the majority of the network shares (including the user profiles and home folders). The DFS root is registered in our AD. Here's the problem: Occasionally someone will try to open an Excel file on a share via a DFS link and will get an error message stati...

Import/copy calendar in Outlook 2003

After XP sp2 upgrade, Outlook 2003 crashes every time a Contact is saved or links to other contacts added to it
The subject line says it all. On my Toshiba Tablet PC, "After XP sp2 upgrade, Outlook 2003 crashes every time a Contact is saved or links to other contacts added to it" (via the Contact's "Contacts..." link button). The error signature is always the same: AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 11.0.6353.0 AppStamp:408f2937 ModName: mso.dll ModVer: 11.0.6360.0 ModStamp:40d147de fDebug: 0 Offset: 0001f0e3d And I always send a report to Microsoft (about 115K each), but there is no response giving a fix as there sometimes is. With www.Microsoft.com -> Windows Update, I ha...

Where to go for Word and Excel?
Newsgroups that I've used for years have disappeared from the news.microsoft.com server. Where does one go now for questions about these and other Office applications? I know this isn't relevant to this newsgroup, but hoping someone can tell me something. TIA LAS On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 12:56:47 -0400, "Laurel" <FakeMail@Hotmail.com> wrote: � Newsgroups that I've used for years have disappeared from the � news.microsoft.com server. Where does one go now for questions about these � and other Office applications? I know this isn't relevant ...

Secondary Copy

Scan on Document Imager Office 2007, preview shows, scan doesnt
When I attempt to scan a document in the Document Imager, my scanner shows up, I select it. I click on "preview" and the document can be seen, then, I click on scan....nothing shows up. Help ...

Looking for a tool to repair corrupt excel sheet files
I am looking for a tool to repair corrupt excel sheet files. Any body knows? See also post http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel/browse_thread/thread/dc040b0756273b62/9a108194fe01016e?lnk=st&q=aa+arens&rnum=1#9a108194fe01016e Bart Excel 2003 Hi Bart, Don't know how you corrupted your file, but from the description it seems you data is fine until you reenter data (F2+Enter would cause a reentry). If the sheet is really corrupt it would be more a matter of retrieving what data you can. From your description it sounds like someone selected all the cells on the ...

local copy of mail

Web Outlook (2003) appts are still whacked
Did windowsupdate.com and also ran the tzmove.exe tool to fix appointments with regards to new DST. If I use regular Outlook everything looks fine. But when I switch to Web Outlook, my appointments are still messed up for the next 3 weeks (off by 1 hour). How can I fix Web Outlook appointments? thanks. c Your email admin needs to apply the DST patch to your version of Exchange. - RAM On Mar 12, 1:49 pm, "RAM" <rmilbr...@gfnet.com> wrote: > Your email admin needs to apply the DST patch to your version of > Exchange. > > - RAM My admin says if appointments ...

Copy info from one workbook to another?

Link 'Button' to Macro
I've created an ActiveX Button. How do I make clicking on this butto execute a macro -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Make sure that you are in design mode and then double click on your button. This will take you into the VBA editor. You will see some code that looks like this: Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() End Sub Where CommandButton(1) is the name of your button. Now type in the name of your macro between the sub/end sub sections. Save your changes and close the editor. Close the design view and your button should work. Hope this helps Paul Falla >---...

Dynamics GP Web Service Install Error
I have installed the default databases for Great Plains 9.0 along with SP2 on a standalone Windows 2003 Server that is not a domain controller. When I go to install Dynamics GP Web Services I get an error just before it finishes that indicates the following: ADAM Error... The value entered for Administrator is not a valid user account. In the unattended setup file, type a valid user account in the Administrator field, and then run Setup again. Does anyone have any advice to get me past this point? I forgot to mention the error code: Error Code: 20020 "Dennis" wrote: >...

can't use windows mail, help
have been using windows mail regularly for months and even last night however today it decides to ask to logon and when i put in username and password it doesnt accept it. I have gone to tools, accounts, properties, servers and the password authentication box is unchecked, but still it asks me to logon. First, test your password by logging in to your provider's webmail. . If that works, it proves you have the correct username and password. A likely reason for the username/password failing in Windows Mail is=20 account corruption. One thing you should try as a possible quick fi...

Putting an XML document in a TreeView.
I would like to put an XML document into a Windows TreeView. I have started with XmlTextReader and seem to get stuck with all of the different Read/Move commands available. I was wondering if someone else has already gone through the pain of descending through an XML document either printing or adding the attribute and element values and names to a TreeView? It would just save me some time as I will have to do some trial and error to get it to work. Thank you. Kevin Hello! Maybe you could use XmlDocument, it should be easy to convert from one tree-like structure to another. (You'...

2008 Excel Print Preview
I do not see print preview under file or anywhere else...wondering if this is specific to my install or it is hidden In article <ee8d6ae.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, done@officeformac.com wrote: > I do not see print preview under file or anywhere else...wondering if this is > specific to my install or it is hidden Neither. Since all actual print operations are done via the OS, the separate Print Preview function has been removed from XL08. You can generally use Print Layout view to get an good idea of what the printed page will look. Otherwise, choosing File/Print and clic...

MS Access and using the Average function in a report
Help pleaes. i am trying to do a project where i need to make a report which is sweet but where i am struggling is where they also want to find out an average on the amount of days someone has stayed but only being new to the calculations using MS Access i have no idea how they work in there only in Excel please help me if you can -- Life is but a Dream... Reality is the Real Nightmare In any report or group (not page) header or footer, you can use a text box with a control source like: =Avg(DateDiff("d",[StartDate], [EndDate]) If you can't figure this out, then come b...

To-days date in Header or Footer
Hello, I would like to-days date to display in the Header or Footer of a spreadsheet each time it is printed. I know you can use =TODAY() in the body of a worksheet and wonder if there is a way to use it in the header or footer. Excuse my ignorance .. as you can see I am not a expert in Excel .. some help would be much appreciated. Abay Wed, 2 May 2007 19:18:12 -0700 from Abay <abcd@aol.com>: > Hello, > > I would like to-days date to display in the Header or Footer of a > spreadsheet each time it is printed. I know you can use =TODAY() in the > body of a wo...

Outlook 2000 SP3

Parsing Text When Only One Character Can Be Used To Search
Hello: I've spent a couple of hours looking on this site, and have found some excellent new tips, but still need to ask for assistance. I have a series of text rows containing one string that I need to parse. There are no characters I can use as delimeters (inconsistent), and there is no consistent use of text qualifiers; it's in effect, free form text. Here's a sample record ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ FROM per_requisitions_v@appslink req2, per_vacancies@appslink vac2, What I need to pull from this string is --...

Copy picture ossice wizard

sorting without affecting links
Sheet 1 complete list of names all pupils and fees per month Sheet 2/sheet per instructor - list of pupils per instructor with names and fees linked from sheet 1 Problem. If we add new names to sheet 1 then sort it alphabetically the rows change so sheets 2s values get messed up. One way is to use VLOOKUP in Sheet2 for the Fees Assume in Sheet1, names are in col A, Fees in col B data from row2 down In Sheet2, names are listed in A2 down, Fees to be extracted in B2 down Put in B2: =IF(A2="","",VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet1!A:B,2,0)) Copy B2 down as far as required -- Rgds Max xl ...

Mail Merge in Word using Outlook contacts
I am using Word 2003's Mail Merge Wizard. When I get to the point where it is asking where to get the data from, I mark the "Outlook contacts" field and then prompted to choose with contacts folder. I only have one, the main "contacts" field in Outlook so I choose that one (I have Outlook open, Working Offline and have the contacts folder open.). When I proceed to the next step where I get the table of information - the fields are fields that would be in my Inbox, not my Contacts folder. I am trying to get the Last Name, First Name, Address, Home Phone number...

Using varible with Dlookup
Cans someone tell me whats wrong with this code? **************** Private Sub ItemName_AfterUpdate() Dim strFilter As String ' Evaluate filter before it's passed to DLookup function. strFilter = "itemname = " & Me!ItemName MsgBox (strFilter) ' Look up product's unit price and assign it to UnitPrice control. Me!subclass = DLookup("subclass", "Parts", strFilter) end sub ******************* the message box displays the correct itemname but the dlookup is causing error 2001. I beleive it has to do with the use of "strfilte...