You should provide a free MS Publisher READER, and conspicuously .

I found it odd that several contractors who work through a service called
Service Magic, send estimates and quotes with MS Publisher instead of Adobe
Acrobat; however, if MS Publisher is going to see a growth in interest and
adoption, Microsoft should, like Adobe / Macromedia, provide a free reader.

If one is already available, it is not easy to find on the MS Publisher page
that I was on.

So, suggestion one is: provide a free reader if not already available.
Suggestion two is: supply ubiquitous, easy to find links.

For now, the contractors will just have to FAX their quotes to me.

Respectfully,

M. Strong
0
Strong (1)

You have multiple options here.

You could get Publisher.

They could get a pdf file creator - There's enough freebees.  But if you
want a very good pdf creating program take a look at PDF-XChange. Versions
sell from $20 to $70 and multi-licensing makes it even more economical.
http://www.docu-track.com/

You or they could create a Publisher viewer program. Just whip some zeros
and ones together. (Basics of programming).

It seems you and Service Magic have misinterpreted the purpose of Publisher.
It is a tool to create Brochures, Cards, Posters, Newsletters - most any
"publishable" paper.  Its purpose is not an electronic message facility.  To
use it as one you might as well use a spreadsheet.

BTW, FAXing the quotes isn't a bad method.

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"Mike Strong" <Mike Strong@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I found it odd that several contractors who work through a service called
> Service Magic, send estimates and quotes with MS Publisher instead of
> Adobe
> Acrobat; however, if MS Publisher is going to see a growth in interest and
> adoption, Microsoft should, like Adobe / Macromedia, provide a free
> reader.
>
> If one is already available, it is not easy to find on the MS Publisher
> page
> that I was on.
>
> So, suggestion one is: provide a free reader if not already available.
> Suggestion two is: supply ubiquitous, easy to find links.
>
> For now, the contractors will just have to FAX their quotes to me.
>
> Respectfully,
>
> M. Strong

Mike Strong <Mike Strong@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently
heard to utter:
> I found it odd that several contractors who work through a service
> called Service Magic, send estimates and quotes with MS Publisher
> instead of Adobe Acrobat; however, if MS Publisher is going to see a
> growth in interest and adoption, Microsoft should, like Adobe /
> Macromedia, provide a free reader.

You mean like Adobe's Photoshop reader?  (Doesn't exist, to my knowledge -
correct me if I'm wrong)

Adobe Acrobat format has only ever been for use with the Reader, it was
specifically designed for that purpose.  That is why the full Acrobat
program facilitates creation of PDFs from all applications that can print.

> So, suggestion one is: provide a free reader if not already available.
> Suggestion two is: supply ubiquitous, easy to find links.

How to Contact the Microsoft Wish Program
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q114491

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)

Have to restart World Wide Web Publishing Service
My pwa goes down every 5 minutes and if I go to the services and restart the World Wide Web Publishing Service the pwa begins to work again for another 5 minutes. I look in the event log and I have an Event ID 2269 Source: W3SVC-WP The worker process failed to initialize the http.sys communication on the w3svc communication layer and therefore could not be started. The data field contains the error number. 0000: 05 00 07 80 ... I have found where they suggest that everyone or users is not in the bypass traverse checking and I have checked they are in there. If anyone has an...

Publisher 2000 #7
First, a comment. Microsoft is quite unresponsive to the needs of its customers. I hate Windows in all its versions, especially XP. Each is worse than the last. My current problem is that Publisher 2000 doesn't work with my XP and there is no Microsoft human to whom to go to find a solution. It comes up with the catalog and when I try to use it or close it, the "send us your weary, your disenfranchised, your problems and we'll solve them" box which is obviously pap for the masses. Anyone out there had any problems running Publisher 2000 on XP? Thanks. Ummm, ...

Already solved my MS Money problem
I've been using MS Money for years, so I was disappointed when I found out that MS was discontinuing the software. The way I solved the problem is I downloaded and installed personal finance software onto my linux based machine, so now, not only am I running a totally free operating system, I'm running totally free software. It may not have all the bells, whitsles, and eye candy that MS Money has, but it's just as, if not more reliable. And there's no one who can arbitrarily decide to discontinue it. "Jim" <Jim@discussions.micr...

Free busy info publishing
Hi I am a newbie using Outlook 2003. Outlook is publishing the info to the vfb file but it is just a bunch of numbers. How does one make sense of the same. Is there a better way of publishing the same. regards Sam -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly notif...

MS Outlook crashes Windows when importing large pst file
I recently had to reinstall MS office and Win2K on my PC because of a virus attack. I was able to import old archive pst files into outlook 2000 that were relatively small (<1 GByte). My most recent pst archive which had grown to 1.89 Gbytes crashes the Operating System (WIn2K) when I try to import it. As far as I can determine it is free of viruses/worms and has been scanned by the same SW (Network associates) that repaired my PCs. The MS utility to read large pst files (supplied on the MS support website) does not work - it needs a file that is a minimum of 2 GB. The Windows uti...

Can you make a conversion of a publisher into a word document?
Can you make a conversion of a publisher into a word document? I made an ad on publisher and the agency is unable to open it. Can i convert it into a word document for her to open it? A PDF maybe a better solution, it will retain your formatting. There are free converters around. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=free+pdf+converter Have your tried a copy/paste with Word, sometimes if the Publisher document isn't too complex it will copy over okay. Group all your objects first. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews....

Service provider
Is anyone out there a Publisher service provider? I heard somewhere tha Microsoft has a program where the list you as a provider on a web site. How does one get into this program? Rich While in a state of withdrawal waiting for components to arrive to repair his dead laptop, Ed notices a message from "Rich Sommer" <rpsommer@itsalldigital.com>. > Is anyone out there a Publisher service provider? I heard somewhere tha > Microsoft has a program where the list you as a provider on a web site. > How > does one get into this program? http://mspublisher.saltmine.com/...

Publisher 2002 imposing pastetboard items in printed doc
I am having problems with Publisher 2002 imposing items on the pastboard in the printed document even thoguh they have not been placed in the doc. The OS I am using is Windows XP SP2. The latest printer drivers (HP color laserjet 4600) and all microsoft updates have been installed. Do you have objects in the scratch area? Drag them down to the bottom or to the top. It is a bug. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Septagon" <Septagon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F54E6ED1-9651-47E9...

Cannot run Microsoft published on my machine
All of a sudden I am getting this dialog when I try to d/l from msft! And cannot get updates from the update site. You cannot d/l from this publisher on this machine. I have already added microsoft update to the trusted zone. Any ideas? winxp sp3 Sue By the way: there WAS a windows re-install on this machine..... "Sue J Thomas" <sueastro@optonline.net> wrote in message news:OGteOia$KHA.3840@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > All of a sudden I am getting this dialog when I try to d/l from msft! > And cannot get updates from the update site. > ...

Apply this critical pack from the MS Corporation
--sjfdfunb Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="cacktbxgnixqvyevb"; type="multipart/alternative" --cacktbxgnixqvyevb Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="eqgumajd" --eqgumajd Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to help maintain t...

2 further: capture Event from MS Web browser (shdocvw.dll) 2
Hi all, Thanks for your guidence... >Another way, as shown by Paul Dilaschia might work for you. He >discussed it few years ago in MSDN: >http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/01/09/c/default.aspx >He simply subclasses the IE window and traps some messages. I suspect >it will do what you are looking for. I have looked that example it was something i was looking for... But ..... My primary concern is to display MS Office documents and PDF document. I have tried to load such documents And they were loaded but was getting crashed In d'tor.... ? Another thing that als...

News group reader
Is there any news group reader like one in Windows Mail in Entourage 2008? Thanks, Scott Scott wrote: > Is there any news group reader like one in Windows Mail in Entourage 2008? Entourage has a basic news reader. You'll have to go to Tools --> Accounts and add a new News account. I doubt it's like the one in Windows Mail, however, but I don't really know. Hope this helps! -- bill Entourage Help Page <http://entourage.mvps.org/> Entourage Help Blog <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/> YouTalk <http://nine.pairlist.net/mailman/list...

please publish following add to help our community:
Run your Windows PC like a pro! No matter what your skill level, beginner or advanced, You'll find tons of valuable tips, tricks, and ideas in every issue. Become the computer guru you've always wanted to be! I established this forum that I wish to be a place for people who are new to computer field And also for the Intermediate, Experienced...... can get help, and COMPUTER GURUS Who like to share their experience, knowledge, and to help new comers Subscribe to "windows experts zone" Register your ID by visiting http://groups.yahoo.com/group/windowsexpertszone/join or Send ...

tutorial for MS Publisher 2003.
I am new to MS Publisher 2003. Is there a tutorial for this program? I really need to read it in order to get started using MS Publisher 2003. There are a few tutorials available on the Microsoft site. Plus there is always the Help file. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "alpoppe" <alpoppe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6C141E37-943F-403A-92F0-0DF603CE2568@microsoft.com... >I am new to MS Publisher 2003. Is there a tutorial for this program? I > really need to read it in order to get started using MS Publisher 2003. Here's a...

Converting wordperfect to MS Word or MS Publisher
How do I convert from wdp to word or publisher without loosing any formating. I would like to convert all my old files over to the publisher or word? Use Word, file, open, files of type, scroll down to the Word Perfect choices. Don't know about formatting, open a file and see how it holds up. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "ron b" <ron b@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA020EBE-8E53-43C6-8C2E-303C74DB940B@microsoft.com... > How do I convert from wdp to word or publisher witho...

how do i insert references (footnotes, endnotes) in ms excel?
I'm needing to insert some references or endnotes in an excel report to explain details of a financial statement. Is there a way to do this easily? For example, if I have 8 footnotes and realize I need to add an additional one in the beginning, is there a way that all of them will change so I don't have to change 16 things? I think I would just put them on a separate worksheet. Or do you mean you've added footnote characters to existing cells (from your previous superscript question) and you want to keep them in sync. If you do, then I think it's a manual effort. (Exc...

Provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 & error 53?????????????
Problem: How can I access SQL server on WAN???????????????????????????????? ----------------------------------------------------------- Error: (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 53) ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Information: Windows Sever 2008 (64bit OS) Service Pack 2 Microsoft SQL 2008 Server Management Studio (10.0)(64bit) Microsoft .Net Frame work 3.5 SP1 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Additional Inform...

Problem using FOXPRO Free Tables from Access 2000
I'm using Access 2000 linking FoxPro Tables via ODBC When I link tables with numeric fields Access gives me an error: "The Decimal field's precision is too small to accept the numeric you attempted to add." I find this problem in "Knowledge Base" I update my Windows XP to Jet 4.0 SP8 with Mdac 2.8 RMT and the last version of FoxPro ODBC Driver and but the problem is the same. Any help appreciated. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---- ACC2000: Scaling Errors When You Query Linked Tables PSS ID Number: 270...

GP Support Providers
Anyone know of a good list or website to find companies that provide service and sales of GP products in U.S.? The distributor for our area provided less than ideal initial startup support and we are looking for an alternative. We possibly need new modules and support for existing modules. Brad Email me at haribhagat@hotmail.com and I can help you locate one. "Brad" wrote: > Anyone know of a good list or website to find companies that provide service > and sales of GP products in U.S.? The distributor for our area provided less > than ideal initial startup suppor...

Free / Busy Replication Error
We keep getting the error below in our Application Event Log. It has been happening since I made our Exchange 2003 Server native (previously there was an Exchange 5.5 server it was replicating with). All public folders are located on the new Exchange Server (MAIL01) and there are no other replication partners in the list. When making the Exchange setup native, I followed the steps recommended by Microsoft so think that all is in order as regards this. Any ideas / help would really be apprecaited! Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeFBPublish Event Category: General Event ID:...

Publisher referencing
I wish to transfer a word document to publisher. I have attempted this but all referenced endnotes are omitted. I have also tried to insert a reference (either footer or in endnotes in publisher) but there seems to be no facility when I hit the insert tab as I would in word. Publisher does not support footnotes. You will have to create them manually. Long documents are best done in Word. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Martin Faulkner" <Martin Faulkner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Why don't my MS Access Charts Take?
I have created a query, and a blank report. I add a chart, and select the query as data source, using six fields and fill out the rest. BUT, when I go to look at my graph, it DOESN'T pick up the data. I only goes back to showing the 1st Quarter, 2nd Quarter, 3rd Quarter, default data! (and not my own...) Any tips? On Feb 26, 10:56=A0am, Zoomiest <zoomi...@gmail.com> wrote: > it DOESN'T pick up the data... > Any tips? I found my own problem... My Query had parameter values it was pulling off of the Form (combo boxes). I needed to remove them before I ...

Converting Publisher Files to Acrobat
Is it possible to convert a Publisher file (2-page newsletter -- mostly text) to Acrobat? How do I do this? THANKS. Please respond directly to my email -- LSPosey@pdq.net You will need a third party program to do it. Here's my canned response. You will need a program to convert the file to a pdf format. There is of course Adobe Acrobat but its a bit on the spendy side for most folks at $250 or higher. I had the need to create pdf files some 5 years ago and did some trials on freeware, shareware and commercial programs (excluding Adobe Acrobat). The winner for me was/is the commercial ...

CRM Provider for Service provider
does microsoft provide a trial version or where i can download the CRM 3.0 Professional for Service Provider Edition? A very good and easy-to-remember link is www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm. In includes a download link (http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/downloads/default.mspx) and on this page you find trial versions and a lot of related documentation. -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2 Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx Custom Lookup Dialog: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/?area=customLookup --------------------------...