Yearbook #2

Is it possible using Publisher 2000 to create an easily editable yearbook
for a Club? I can see how you could do it in 2003 onwards with the catalogue
merge facility but 2000 does not seem to allow merging pictures. Is there
any work around please.

Tony

0
Tony

About the only advice I can suggest is to use one of the built in catalog
templates in Publisher 2000; modify it as a yearbook.

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"Tony" <tony@ no spampensilva.plus.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible using Publisher 2000 to create an easily editable yearbook for
> a Club? I can see how you could do it in 2003 onwards with the catalogue merge
> facility but 2000 does not seem to allow merging pictures. Is there any work
> around please.
>
> Tony

0
mary.sauer (2018)
11/6/2009 9:53:17 PM
I have played with the catalog wizard (there don't seem to be any templates
(apart from my own) provided in Publisher or on the CD) but although the
layout of the first catalog in the wizard provides ideas for a yearbook
layout, if I want to delete one entry it just leaves a blank space. This
rather fails on my criterion of "easily editable". Is there no way I can use
the "connect text frames" facility so the blank spaces are avoided?

"Mary Sauer" <mary.sauer@mygmail.com> wrote in message
> About the only advice I can suggest is to use one of the built in catalog
> templates in Publisher 2000; modify it as a yearbook.
>

> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Tony" <tony@ no spampensilva.plus.com> wrote in message
>> Is it possible using Publisher 2000 to create an easily editable yearbook
>> for a Club? I can see how you could do it in 2003 onwards with the
>> catalogue merge facility but 2000 does not seem to allow merging
>> pictures. Is there any work around please.
>>
>> Tony

0
Tony
11/7/2009 12:10:27 AM
Tony, I'm afraid your project will be all manual. You could setup a custom label
size; merge information, but this wouldn't help if you need pictures. The data
base can be changed, Publisher will reflect the change as long as the data base
is linked to your publication.

What size stock are you using? Are you setting up as a booklet? The biggest
obstacle with Publisher 2000 is the lack of print preview.

If you had later versions of Publisher the catalog merge would be your solution.
No consolation I know.

--

>I have played with the catalog wizard (there don't seem to be any templates
>(apart from my own) provided in Publisher or on the CD) but although the layout
>of the first catalog in the wizard provides ideas for a yearbook layout, if I
>want to delete one entry it just leaves a blank space. This rather fails on my
>criterion of "easily editable". Is there no way I can use the "connect text
>frames" facility so the blank spaces are avoided?
>
> "Mary Sauer" <mary.sauer@mygmail.com> wrote in message
>> About the only advice I can suggest is to use one of the built in catalog
>> templates in Publisher 2000; modify it as a yearbook.
>>

>> --
>> Mary Sauer
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Tony" <tony@ no spampensilva.plus.com> wrote in message
>>> Is it possible using Publisher 2000 to create an easily editable yearbook
>>> for a Club? I can see how you could do it in 2003 onwards with the catalogue
>>> merge facility but 2000 does not seem to allow merging pictures. Is there
>>> any work around please.
>>>
>>> Tony

0
mary.sauer (2018)
11/7/2009 11:19:45 AM
Thanks, Mary. That's what I feared. I am using A5 stock set up as a booklet
(two pages per sheet of A5) but I shall have to think of upgrading Publisher
if I want to be able to change pictures easily. Your suggestion of a label
merge is helpful but editing the picture placement would still be a pain! Ah
well.

> Tony, I'm afraid your project will be all manual. You could setup a custom
> label size; merge information, but this wouldn't help if you need
> pictures. The data base can be changed, Publisher will reflect the change
> as long as the data base is linked to your publication.
>
> What size stock are you using? Are you setting up as a booklet? The
> biggest obstacle with Publisher 2000 is the lack of print preview.
>
> If you had later versions of Publisher the catalog merge would be your
> solution. No consolation I know.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Tony" <tony@ no spampensilva.plus.com> wrote in message
>>I have played with the catalog wizard (there don't seem to be any
>>templates (apart from my own) provided in Publisher or on the CD) but
>>although the layout of the first catalog in the wizard provides ideas for
>>a yearbook layout, if I want to delete one entry it just leaves a blank
>>space. This rather fails on my criterion of "easily editable". Is there no
>>way I can use the "connect text frames" facility so the blank spaces are
>>avoided?
>>
>> "Mary Sauer" <mary.sauer@mygmail.com> wrote in message
>>> About the only advice I can suggest is to use one of the built in
>>> catalog templates in Publisher 2000; modify it as a yearbook.
>>>

>>> --
>>> Mary Sauer
>>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>>
>>> "Tony" <tony@ no spampensilva.plus.com> wrote in message

0
Tony

Merge #2
Is it possible to merge 2 outlook.pst files? My wife has a .pst file on a dvd and wishes to merge it with the one on her laptop. No way to do it automatically, but she can copy the file from the DVD to the hard drive, make sure it's not marked read-only, open it from within Outlook (File | Open | Outlook Data File, browse to file), and drag and drop between the two. She can close one of the files when she's done by right-clicking its root folder and selecting the Close option. This doesn't delete the file, only disconnects it from Outlook. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Ou...

Difference between 2 columns
Hi: Is there a simple formula to identify the difference between data in 2 fields? AAA AAA AAA AAB BBB BBB CCC CCD "CP" wrote > Hi: Is there a simple formula to identify the difference between data in 2 > fields? > AAA AAA > AAA AAB > BBB BBB > CCC CCD One guess .. A quick way would be to flag out the differences, then use autofilter Assuming data as posted is in cols A and B, from row2 down Put a label in C1 Put in C2: =TRIM(A2)=TRIM(B2) Copy C2 down Then select C1, click Data > Filter > Autofilter Choose FALSE from the autofilter droplist ...

Printing data ranges from multiple columns to a single column #2
Is there any way that I can put each piece of data in a new cell fo column (d) as it currently lists 3 (or x) pieces of data in each cel for row (d)! -- BushMonste ----------------------------------------------------------------------- BushMonster's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1629 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27692 no idea what you mean by this .. how is it related to your previous question? how did you go with my suggestion? cheers JulieD "BushMonster" <BushMonster.1fidqn@excelforum-nos...

help!!! #2
the excel file have saved,but i want to regress . thx Not possible -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "mj" <000@mj.com> wrote in message news:uDwfqPefFHA.3988@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > the excel file have saved,but i want to regress . > thx > > ...

yearbook
I am creating the yearbook fo rmy school and I was told to use publisher. Does anyone know how to do it? Create catalogs or directories. http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RC010779101033 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "thall" <thall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BA68BCAB-0941-496B-A8E9-53A58FABF08E@microsoft.com... >I am creating the yearbook fo rmy school and I was told to use publisher. > Does anyone know how to do it? ...

2 Part Question
I have a table containing apart from other fields one with a part number the last character denotes the supplier. The next significant field contains (in different positions) the manufacturers name. How can I .... 1) strip away the last charcter in the first field and replace it with another character 2) Find and delete a string that would be the manufacturers name, and replace it with a new string that would be a new manufacturers name. The rest of the description is the same for both manufacturers. Would you "do" this by query if feasible otherwise be as explicit as possible. H...

Adding up 2 columns
Ok, the subject line might not be accurate... I have a spreadsheet with worksheets for each month that we track the sales of several people on. I want to make a grid that outputs the count of each type of transaction, but seperated by name. For example John Jan Feb A 4 6 B 7 18 Jane Jan Feb A 4 6 B 7 18 In a prefect world I will code all but the results, and the results would update automatically. Is there any easy ways to do this? What does a typical "month" sheet data layout look like? best wishes -- Bernard Lieng...

Resources #2
In Exchange 2003 how do I create resources for rooms, projectors, etc. that people can use when scheduling meetings? They are simply mailboxes. Check out http://www.swinc.com/erm. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "David Mendes" <someone@here.com> wrote in message news:O3V7HzLqFHA.208@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > In Exchange 2003 how do I create resources for rooms, projectors, etc. > that people can use when scheduling meetings? > ...

2 Contact folders #2
I have 2 Contact folders named A and B. When I click To.. folder A opens. How do I make folder B open first? Set that option in your address book view: Tools > Options -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Invalid" <invalidl@invalid.com> wrote in message news:Xns9A4B6C39EDDA7rleasycom@208.49.82.28... >I have 2 Contact folders named A and B. When I click To.. folder A opens. > How do I make folder B open first? > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> wrote in news:477266CE- 2D4F-47A4-B4E6-001FF4029BC8@microsoft.com: > Set that opt...

ondraw #2
Hello, I have MFC app that keeps calling ondraw over and over upon resizing of the window holding a cveiw object. This occurs on maximize and restore and when I resize the window. I put in a static counter and it is definitely the calls to ondraw If I execute onleftclick (overridden in the view) the calls stop and the program acts normaly until I resize. this cview has many listboxes created dynamically if I delete the create function for the list boxes, the problem does not occur. Thanks, T. ...

Need Help Programming #2
Yes, I want to use a variable inflation rates. I don't want to see each years figure. If I was using a calculator, I would do 100*1.03*1.03*1.03*1.03*1.03, if I was doing that for 5 years and then I want to store that value i a cell. I don't want any cells to have fixed values. My material of var. My percent is var. My number of years if var. Thanks! AlfD Wrote: > Hi! > > If you want to see each year's figure: > > Put 1995, 1996,..... across row 1 > In A2 put 100 > In B2 put =A2*1.03 > Copy across row 2. > Format the row as currency. > > Yo...

Send/Receive at Startup #2
In Outlook 2003 is there any way to eliminate sending and receiving automatically at program startup? Thanks, Ron Gaynor South Garolina Tools>Options>Mail Setup untick were appropriate "Ron" <rongaynor@sc.rr.com> wrote in message news:eqEV0Ug9HHA.464@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > In Outlook 2003 is there any way to eliminate sending and receiving > automatically at program startup? > > Thanks, > Ron Gaynor > South Garolina "Ron" <rongaynor@sc.rr.com> wrote in message news:eqEV0Ug9HHA.464@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > In Outlook 20...

QJMqZbnEcCWoSqKi #2
Where it is possible to buy the, ...

Receive As #2
Hello Does anyone know what the Receive As permission does specifically? For example if I grant User A this permission will he be able to read mail sent from User X to User Y ? Thanks in advance On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 09:46:35 +0100, "Ib Schrader" <ibschrader@gmail.com> wrote: >Hello > >Does anyone know what the Receive As permission does specifically? > >For example if I grant User A this permission will he be able to read mail >sent from User X to User Y ? > >Thanks in advance > There was a lot of debate around this in another forum and the...

AGNES #2
LOV U ...

Row limit in Excel #2
Is there a row limitation in Excel ? Reason why I ask, I have a control that reads rows out of a Database. I have the option of creating this report by dates. With one date, it will yield 5965 rows and I can open up that report. Now with just the next day's date, it will yield 6060 rows and the Excel file will be created, but it encounters a Microsoft error. There is no difference in the data. I can in fact make the dates shift and include the date range that was failing but it wouldn't go to the current - i.e. 4/23/2004 to 3/29/05 will fail but 4/24/05 - 03/29/05 will wor...

Count / Frequency #2
Hi Duane, Thank you for reply, formula works well. I just tweaked the cell referencing: =COUNTIF(C$19:$C19,C19) so that it counted 1 from my top most cell; i.e C19 (criteria), so didn't need the +1. However, How can I get this Formula to work on Filtered Rows: so tha COUNTIF sequentially counts ONLY the Filtered Visible Cells (and doe not include the non-filtered data)? Thanks Tin� duane Wrote: > > the top row gets a 1 in column B > then place this in the 2nd row in column B > > (this assumes the top row is 5) > =COUNTIF(A5:$A$5,A6)+1 > > copy down col...

Out Of Office not working #2
I have a user who's Out Of Office message is not working. I have tried configuring this on Outlook 2000, XP, and 2003. In all of them, it is configured correctly, but it will not reply with the Out Of Office message. I have removed all other rules. We are running Exchnage 2000 SP3. Any suggestions? thanks, Kyle ...

Yearbook #2
Is it possible using Publisher 2000 to create an easily editable yearbook for a Club? I can see how you could do it in 2003 onwards with the catalogue merge facility but 2000 does not seem to allow merging pictures. Is there any work around please. Tony About the only advice I can suggest is to use one of the built in catalog templates in Publisher 2000; modify it as a yearbook. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Tony" <tony@ no spampensilva.plus.com> wrote in message news:_bydnZnDrM51-mnXnZ2dnUVZ7sudnZ2d@brightview.co.uk... > Is it possible using Publishe...

2 addresses forwarded to 1 account
We are in need of 1 more email account, but we have used all that are alotted by our provider. The easiest thing would be to purchase some more, but we are not doing that right now. What I have setup is our domain host is forwarding email to our email provider accounts. Specifically we have 5 earthlink accounts, but need six. I can easily add the sixth address to our domain host and have it forwarded to one of the 5 actual accounts, which is what is going to happen. One address will be user1@ourdomain.com and the other user2@ourdomain.com. Both will be forwarded to user1@earthlink.net and Out...

Worksheets #2
I am trying to find out if there is a maximum number of worksheets you can have in one workbook? We have to create quite a large file and I want to avoid potential problems. Thanks! memory is the only restriction on this "Rhonda" <rcox@calco.com> wrote in message news:02f401c37e03$c2e2f000$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to find out if there is a maximum number of > worksheets you can have in one workbook? We have to > create quite a large file and I want to avoid potential > problems. Thanks! I have the same question..need about 100 worksheets, with ...

uninstall outlook express #2
How can I uninstall Outlook Express with Windows XP Prof? Uninstalling Internet Explorer does not work. It is not listed under the components of Windows XP nor in the Add/Remove Programs list. You don't. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, iwinlof@hotmail.com asked: | How can I uninstall Outlook Express with Windows XP | Prof? Uninstalling Inter...

CRM 1.2 User Access Error 'The system could not log you in..
My client has CRM 1.2. After some windows updates were done to the server and possibly some reconfiguration of IIS settings, the users can no longer log in as the following message appears: User Access Error: 'The system could not log you in. This could be because : ...etc...' Even the server administrator and the crmadmin account cannot login. Is there any particular action that you helpful guys can think of that may have caused this? Many Thanks, ...

CListBox #2
hello i am working in a MFC dialog based project With code i want to create some gif files and list them in a list box. char ModuleFileName[MAX_PATH]; GetModuleFileName(NULL,ModuleFileName,MAX_PATH); For saving i used the path ModuleFileName. it gets saved inside debug\\projectname\\.gif To list the filenames in the list box i used CMyPropertyPage3::DlgDirList("((LPTSTR)ModuleFileName) \\projectname\\*.gif",IDC_IMAGELIST,0,DDL_ARCHIVE); the files are there . but it doesn't gets listed in the list box. priya hello can you please look into the usage of this sentence. CMyPr...

Security #2
How do I allow certain files to come through Outlook Express? Just about every attachment does not make it through and I receive a message stating "OE has removed the unsafe documents:. Denise <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I allow certain files to come through Outlook > Express? Just about every attachment does not make it > through and I receive a message stating "OE has removed > the unsafe documents:. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. (Hint: Tools>Options>Security) -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson...