WSS resources...

Is there a way to 'sync' up WSS resource lists with project server?  I
recently refreshed the test Projectserver database with the current DB from
our production server, but do not want to change/re-install Sharepoint
Services...looks like WSS still is listing resources from the 'OLD' Database.

Anyway to correct/update WSS so it sees the "refreshed" resource pool?

(I know someone out there will know this)

Thanks....
--
Mark Byington, PMP

Sorry...meant to post this to MS Project Server...please ignore it.
--
Mark Byington, PMP

"Mark Byington" wrote:

> Is there a way to 'sync' up WSS resource lists with project server?  I
> recently refreshed the test Projectserver database with the current DB from
> our production server, but do not want to change/re-install Sharepoint
> Services...looks like WSS still is listing resources from the 'OLD' Database.
>
> Anyway to correct/update WSS so it sees the "refreshed" resource pool?
>
> (I know someone out there will know this)
>
> Thanks....
> --
> Mark Byington, PMP

Resource not found
Hy, when i try to send a message i receive an error reporting "Resource not found", i've this erro sending messages via owa. My exchange server have installed Exchange 2003 Sp2. What can i do to solve this problem? Any Suggestions? Thanks Kentucky Sounds like you need to configure URLscan to support the OWA Look at these 2 articles http://support.microsoft.com/kb/309508/ http://support.microsoft.com/kb/325965 -- Best regards. Kenneth Johansen MCSA,MCSE on Windows 2000 (Soon mcse, mcsa on Windows 2003 , mcdba and MCAD) "Kentucky" wrote: > Hy, when i try to sen...

How do I restore a WSS 3.0 site on SBS 2008
I'm preparing to migrate our old SBS 2003 domain to 2008 and because someone back in NT days named our internal domain without a .local extension an automated migration is not supported. This is probably just as well as our AD could use a lot of cleaning up. In order to make sure things go smoothly I'm testing various aspects of the process on a test server. What I would like to do is to restore a backup of our sharepoint website onto the SBS 2008 website. Right now the website is running on sharepoint services 2.0 on second server and for various reasons I'd lik...

how to get Resource availability by hour
Hi ... I have scenario where i started overwhelming to fit tasks into my resources schedule i.e. initially i had only 2 project so it was easy to fix tasks schedules so that it does not overlaps task from other project...because we do hour by hour planning. Now i am planning to setup about 35 projects for same resource... and many of this project has to run in parallel hence 2 hours 8am - 10am on 1 task from one project, 3 hours 10am - 1pm on another task from another project on same day etc... i have hard time fingind any such view or report that tells me "during so ...

Scheduling Resources
I'm a new user of SharePoint, and consider myself an expert in Outlook. My problem is that current employer's IT Dept. thinks that in order to set up Conference Room Calendars as a resource that will automatically book meetings, a separate license is required for the calendar. That's issue #1.... IT dept's answer to this issue is to install SharePoint, where the calendar can be viewed by all employees; everyone has the ability to book the room, but I'm unable to find a way to send the meeting request AND book the room concurrently. Is that possible? If it ...

WSS 3.0
Hello there, After running Windows updates on our SBS 2008 machine we can no longer access company web. In the Application log these messages are being generated; The database ShareWebDb on SERVER\Microsoft##SSEE is not accessible to missing Windows Internal Database signatures. We don't use company web but i would like to get it up and working just in case we decide to use it. I have tried starting the Windows SharePoint Administration Service but that wont start When browsing to company web we get Error 404. All DNS entries for company web are present and so are t...

Why is my DLL not able to contain any resource (dialog resource)
Hi, Let me explain my project. I had one project which had client GUI and CORE and some my GUI (like about screen) part. Now, I wanted to separate the client GUI from my coding so that I can deliver client a compiling application. Now, I created MFC Extended DLL. Which had only VERSION in resource tab. I have some dialog which I need to put in DLL. I have moved all the classes from my previous workspace to DLL (code is moved to DLL). But If I move dialog template to DLL, it is not workign properly. It does not show any dialog. even I moved IDD_MYDIALOG define from exe's resource.h to DLL...

WSS resources...
Is there a way to 'sync' up WSS resource lists with project server? I recently refreshed the test Projectserver database with the current DB from our production server, but do not want to change/re-install Sharepoint Services...looks like WSS still is listing resources from the 'OLD' Database. Anyway to correct/update WSS so it sees the "refreshed" resource pool? (I know someone out there will know this) Thanks.... -- Mark Byington, PMP Sorry...meant to post this to MS Project Server...please ignore it. -- Mark Byington, PMP "Mark Byington" wrote...

Resource mailboxes - Conference rooms
Hi, Is there a way to audit resource mailboxes? We have shared conference rooms account where some admins do delete meetings sometimes - intentionally or not. Is there a way to keep an eye on those changes, and who does what? Thanks, Sorin On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 09:59:02 -0700, SorinD <SorinD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >Is there a way to audit resource mailboxes? > >We have shared conference rooms account where some admins do delete meetings >sometimes - intentionally or not. > >Is there a way to keep an eye on those changes, and who does what? ...

how to do backup the farm from WSS 3.0 (Operations)
I have installed Project Server 2007 with in two server (front end and back end) . and installed Service Pack 2 , Infrastructure Updates and cumulative updates from (February 2009 to December 2009) of WSS 3.0 and Project Server 2007. but still when I try Operations --> Backup and Restore --> Perform a Backup and apply full backup. Kindly tell me the solution. It is showing Failure messages : (1st message ) Object SharePoint_Config failed in event OnBackup. For more information, see the error log located in the backup directory. SqlException: Cannot open bac...

Share resource ID accross projects
Hi, I have an application, which manage 3 kinds of CDocument. 2 of them are managed in the main project, and the last one in a .DLL. If the active document is the one managed in .DLL, I want the user to be able to create an another document managed in my main project. 1 . The first solution is to re-route commands from my .DLL to my application (by messages or functions). 2 . The second solution is to share command ID between all my .RC files. I have implemented the second solution, but, i must take care of the shared resources ID (added in a Common.h file, included in all .RC files). If ...

Migration from WSS 2.0 to WSS 3.0
I am trying to move WSS 2.0 site to WSS 3.0. I have a InfoPath 2003 application running on WSS 2.0 sub-site and hence there are lot of forms saved in this WSS 2.0 form library. Can you please suggest a way/steps to move these forms/XMLs to WSS 3.0 form library. Di I have to relink them and I obviously have to publish the form template to WSS 3.0 form library. Please help me suggesting some steps to do this. Also this WSS 2.0 site is not a top-level site. Thanks in advance. ...

Problem in sharing common resource header..
Hi, I'm trying to create one resource only project and I want to share my resource header between two resource files. I'm sharing this header because I want visual studio to automatically add that new # define in the single header file. When Visual Studio saves rc/h files, it is automatically adding line like this in resource header: Let's say I modified file called TestA.rc and saved it. //{{NO_DEPENDENCIES}} // Microsoft Visual C++ generated include file. // Used by TestA.rc // Now the problem is, whenever I add new controls/strings in second rc, TestB.rc, and save it, Visua...

[WSS 3] Could not load file or assembly error message
Hi All, Today I got the following error message when I tried to enter a DL/List or to view entire site content, or site settings etc: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationPages, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied. Restarting the server solved it but I want to investigate further. Any thoughts? Thanks a lot in advance ...

Human Resources
1. When we try to add an interview to an applicant, it never adds the interview to the bottom grid. We can't type anyting in the grid below. What are we doing incorrectly? 2. We know about the offer letter for applicants, but are there other Letter Writing Assistant reports for applicants. It appears to be just for employees. ...

Resource Leveling
The resource leveling is a very useful tool I recently discovered in Project 2007. I would like to know if there is a way to apply this tool to cash as a available resource. My team is allocated a fixed amount of money on a monthly basis. The money is accured if it is not used. Is there a way to determine when tasks can be completed based on available cash? If so, how can I do this? If not, are there any Microsoft partners that have developed software to do this effectively? Hi, Unfortunately, as you have discovered, Material and Cost resoruces cannot influence the plan: ...

Help Searching WSS
Can someone point me to a link (or just tell me) how to use the search facilty against columns in a WSS document library. (We have the free version of sharepoint) The important question is; can you search a specific column? It works for Title in the form of "Title:Esimtate" but for other colums the syntax doesn't work. (e.g. "Status:Draft"). For my Status column how can I search it WITHOUT filtering? ------=_NextPart_0001_8A45AF72 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit If you're using WSS free version no you can't. In MOSS it ...

Multipleupload in WSS do not exist
Hallo, Office 2007 Plus is installed on a Citrix Server. The Office Web Components are installed but the Multipleupload do not exist in WSS. Anyone know this Problem? Thanks for help. David sometimes it happens if you have an anti-virus during the installation of office 2007. you can install Office 2007 without the anti-virus.. try it. Thanks "David" wrote: > Hallo, > > Office 2007 Plus is installed on a Citrix Server. The Office Web Components > are installed but the Multipleupload do not exist in WSS. > Anyone know this Problem? > ...

multiple owners of resource account
Is it possible to have multiple owners of a resource account? ...

Actual work not showing in Resource Assignments or OLAP
After actuals were entered through My Tasks in PWA, approved and published they were still not visible through the resource assignment view or the OLAP reports. The information was available and correct when viewing it in the resource usage view in Project Professional. We are on MS Project Server 2007. Has anyone ever had this problem or know of any reasons why this would happen? Tyr first validating that the actuals appear in PWA under Resource Assignments views, this will tell you if the project publish worked. Then make sure the OLAP cube ran successfully after you validated ...

resource allocation for different query
Dear Experts, Could SQL server allocate resource evenly for each incoming query? Because sometimes when one user perform a long running query (eg. over one hour) , it seems other query were suspended and make its related application timeout/waiting.... Can SQL Server 2008 tune on this ? Thanks. thomas (thomas@mail.com) writes: > Could SQL server allocate resource evenly for each incoming query? > Because sometimes when one user perform a long running query (eg. over > one hour) , it seems other query were suspended and make its related > application timeou...

resource pool visibility
Is it possible to restrict resource pool visibiltiy to users in Pro. For instance is it possible to set up users where they only see the resource they use to assign to tasks. We have multiple contractors using one MSP server and one contractor cannot see the others resources or thier info associated with that resource. I've been told that this is possible if you set up the RBS and use restrictions there. Does this restrict the view it Pro? Also, is it documented anywhere. I've read throught the Microsoft Project Server Security Architecture and Planning Guide but it do...

Printing from Multiple WSs
I've just moved up to XL2002 In previous versions it was possible to print, in one go, various sections of various worksheets via the *REPORT* method but I do not see an equivalent to this in Vn 2002. I'm sure that there must be something similar so what am I missing? TIA Richard Hi you have to install the report manager addin (you should find it on the MS site) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Richard" <walcott_r@intnet.co.uk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:cnlauc$ig8$1@ctb-nnrp2.saix.net... > I've just moved up to XL2002 > In previous versions i...

How to Export Resource mailbox to .CSV file
Hi All, Besides NTDSATRIB and ADC tools does anyone know any other step/script/tool by which i can export all the resource maibox from exchange 5.5. Regards, -- Manoj " Jack of all trades, master of the moment" You can try the Exmerge tool provided by Microsoft. "manoj" wrote: > Hi All, > > Besides NTDSATRIB and ADC tools does anyone know any other step/script/tool > by which i can export all the resource maibox from exchange 5.5. > > Regards, > -- > Manoj > > " Jack of all trades, master of the moment" > > M...

Locking Resources
hi, may be this is not the right place to ask this question. In my MFC application i need to lock a resource, i dont now what kind of mechanism to use exactly in microsoft environment . Let the resource be a STL vector. this is a shared vector in a multithreaded application. i need somehting like; <code> mutex.lock() // vector operations .. mutex.unlock() </code> each thread thats wants to access this vector must sleep if resource is locked. Best Regards... >each thread thats wants to access this vector must sleep if resource is >locked. Use a critical section...

WSS 3.0 setup in SBS 2003 domain (WSS 2.0)
I currently have SBS 2003 Premium running Exchange and the WSS 2.0 database on SQL 2005 Workgroup. We are getting near the limit on users of SBS 2003 so have installed a new dedicated SQL 2008 server for our MS Dynamics NAV installation. We need to access files on the internal network from remote locations which are linked by VPN so I am looking at using WSS 3.0 but rather than use the SQL 2005 Workgroup, I'd rather keep the SQL databases on the dedicated SQL 2008 box. Can I uninstall WSS 2.0 on SBS 2003 (including the SQL database) and install WSS 3.0 front end on SBS...