Works fine in PUB and WEB Preview - doesnt work on web

Hello all - I apologize for my neophyteness in advance.

Everything works fine in PUB. When I look at the web preview it looks fine.
When I publish it to disk IE'ing from the HTML works fine. When I place it on
the web the links for subsequent pages in the guidance bar on the left side
(the pre-canned feature in PUB) do not link. They go to a blank page. I have
placed all files in exactly the same folders on the web as they are on disk
after publishing.

You can see it at: geocities.com/ucstrandview

THanks in advance for the help.

MP

Publisher - Uploading
Articles on publishing Publisher web publications
How to trouble-shoot Publisher web upload issues
http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/articles/category/1921.aspx

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"MalibuPublisher" <MalibuPublisher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello all - I apologize for my neophyteness in advance.
>
> Everything works fine in PUB. When I look at the web preview it looks fine.
> When I publish it to disk IE'ing from the HTML works fine. When I place it on
> the web the links for subsequent pages in the guidance bar on the left side
> (the pre-canned feature in PUB) do not link. They go to a blank page. I have
> placed all files in exactly the same folders on the web as they are on disk
> after publishing.
>
> You can see it at: geocities.com/ucstrandview
>
> THanks in advance for the help.
>
> MP

0
gsauer (5094)

Send to Onenote on Windows 7, driver won't work?
I downloaded the driver from David Rasmussen, but every time I open OneNote after printing to XPS I get the message "Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately. Object reference not set to an instance of an object." If I click continue it still doesn't work. This was one of my favorite features - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE find me a way to use OneNote! I lived off of it last year. Rilli wrote: > I downloaded the d...

auto caps don't work
in outlookk 2003, even tho i have set tools, options, spelling to autocorrect the first word of a sentence. it doesn't do it. i have never had this problem before, but now i have a new laptop and can't get this feature to work. -- tom martin Are you using Word as your editor? If so, your settings are there. Otherwise, learn to type. http://www.broderbund.com/jump.jsp?itemID=4713&itemType=CATEGORY&path=1%2C2%2C4713&ysmchn=GGL&ysmcpn=Typing&ysmcrn=sr2br29go633go202pi10ai50&ysmtrm=sr2br29go633go202pi10ai50+mavis+beacon&ysmtac=PPC&ovtac=PPC&SR=s...

Hyperlinks to DB dont work now that DB is converted
We have converted all our Access 97 databases to Access 2000- not without a lot of issues. Most of them have now been researched and resolved, some re-coded, etc. We have one issue that we cannot resolve. We used to have hyperlinks on our Intra-net to several Access Databases. These were essentially "shortcuts" to the databases so that the general population could have easy access. Now that we did our Access conversion, the hyperlinks on our intranet do not work. Clicking on the link gives an option to open the file from its current location or download it to a local loc...

How to make the default view the Web Layout in Outlook 2002 New Message window?
Hello How to make the default view the Web Layout in Outlook 2002 New Message window? The Word is used as the e-mail editor. ...

Search does not work for one workbook
I have workbook, but search (spotlight) often does not work for it. Drives me crazy. What can this be. I see peoples names in there. Kevs OS 10.6.2 INTEL imac Office 2004 Hi Kevs: It could be the file format the workbook is saved in. What extension does the file-name have? The extension tells the system what kind of data a file contains, which controls which importer Spotlight uses to read the file: if there is no extension you could get strange results. Cheers On 6/01/10 2:47 AM, in article C7689F21.5718F%forums55@verizon.net, "forums55@verizon.net"...

working with temporary working files..
I keep getting the message that I cannot save a temp. working file. This work has been save on a cd and transfered back on to my desk top. Help ...

How does hibernate work
I have a question on the details of how hibernate works. I know it's saving everything in memory to the hiber file. Since power seems to be truly off at hibernation I assumed the flag to tell the PC to resume from the hiber file rather than normal booting must be either saved on disk or flashed to a bit of bios rom space, or maybe in space maintained by the clock battery. But the cure for a laptop that is stuck in a loop of constantly resuming from hibernating is to unplug it and take the battery out for a while so where actually is the flag to signal the system that it's in hi...

Non-working work week
Is there any way to make an entire week a non-working work week? As in, a task is going to take 25 days, but the 4th of July occurs in the middle and you want to show that during that week (or 2), no work will occur. Besides creating a new task or extending the task during. Thanks in advance! Hi RVE, Open up the calendar, "Tools", 'Change working time..', then simply select the days you want as non working. Make sure that the calendar you change is the Project calendar and is the basis for all other calendars such as individual resource calendars. Hope thi...

Missing in Print Preview
I have been attempting to convert a spreadsheet to a pdf document, but am having problems with missing cells. When I go to print preview, the cells are missing. When I print the item, the cells in question print fine? Since they are not in preview, they will not transfer to the pdf file! Help! how are you converting to pdf? When I do the conversion, I print to my file using the converter and it converts exactly as the printed version would -- print preview view has no effect on it "brad" <rbhailey@msn.com> wrote in message news:038601c35542$7deea460$a301280a@...

Graphing work and remaining work over time
I would like to generate a graph showing total actual work and remaining work for a top level task over time (week), This would enable me to show the projected remaining work through the duration of the project as it decreases from N to 0, and show the actual work completed though the duration of the project as it increases from 0 to N. The canned visual reports don't allow me to do this (that I can see anyway). Maybe I'm missing something. I also can't see how to customize a visual report that will do what I want. Using Microsoft Project 2007 (not the Server edit...

GP8 Manufacturing
Hello Everybody. Our Shop works 5 days a week (closed weekends). We have a WC that works 6 days a week (down Sundays only). We have setup both the Shop and WC Calendars to reflect this reality. We would expect that, when scheduling an MO that routes thru this WC, the WC calendar will override the Shop Calendar? However, our tests are not showing this to be true - We use a Backwards Infinite Scheduling Method and it always skips the weekend when calculating the start day of an MO regardless of the WC. Does anyone have any experience working with the WC Calendars? Please share your wis...

outlook2003 send button does not work
send button does not work i have tryed a new email acc. and reinstalling with no luck. now i am useing express and then export to outlook ...

Drag and Drop does not work
Hi all. This is funny: When I try to drag and drop a message from "Inbox" to "Backup" I get an error message. When I right click and select "move to folder"- it does work. ANY CLUES? TIA Guy Not a single one. No Outlook version = no clues. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Guy Cohen asked: | Hi all. | | This is funny: | When I try to drag and drop a message from "Inbox" ...

Internet Explorer E-mail links are no longer working in Outlook?
Hi, As soon as I click an e-mail link in Internet Explorer, another Outlook pops up. It used to just open a fresh new e-mail screen with the persons address already in the "TO:" line ? I can't figure out what I did wrong. Thanks, Rich ...

Safari Web Browser
can you run CRM from Safari Web Browser? Indicates not supported. No supported, but it may work. Try it and see "Bill Tunison" <Bill Tunison@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F949124-4F9D-4723-B0AF-7BBF9EE32381@microsoft.com... > can you run CRM from Safari Web Browser? Indicates not supported. I know firefox doesn't and apparently only IE does but ya never know. "Peter Lynch" wrote: > No supported, but it may work. Try it and see > > > "Bill Tunison" <Bill Tunison@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

Spell check not working.

SunTrust Auto-Download Not Working after Banking Upgrade
I have been automatically downloading transactions from SunTrust since I installed MS$ 2007 Deluxe last year. I have done this without having to signup (for a fee of 5.95/month) with SunTrust for MS$ support. AFter the MS Banking Upgrade, I had to re-establish my SunTrust account with MS$. But, now I'm told (by MS$) that I don't have a SunTrust on-line account. Any thoughts? Anyone? I have been having issue as well with Suntrust, even if you get it to work you will find that its basically useless now downloading and duplicating pending transactions repeatedly, this is where I am ...

Moving RPC Virtual Directory on other than Default Web Site
Hi, When I try to move the RPC Virtual Directory on a virtual web site (other than default), the rpc over http connection doesn't work. It works perflectly on the default web site. I copied all rights, parameters to the virtual site, I deactivated the default in order to take the 443 port and use the certificate but nothing works. I tried to view difference with the metabase explorer and I did the same parameter. Is there anybody who has done it ? Thanks a lot. Christophe I'm also very, very interested in this. As a lot of IT admins, we're using an additional web site (...

Working with option buttons in Word 2002
So, we are trying to create a form in Word 2002 in which we offer a series of radio or "option" buttons for some of our survey questions. However, we are struggling to make the option buttons work through the "Web Tools" toolbar. We can create the list we want to create, but can't save the file so it can be e-mailed and utilized in the correct capacity. Can someone please walk me through the steps of how to create a form in which there are numerous questions, almost all of which utilize the same clickable "option buttons" to choose either a &q...

How do you access Pub clipart or photos from outside of Publisher
I often want to make necessary modifications or collages or add special effects to photos from Publisher. But I can't seem to find them on the cd to open them directly in Photoshop to do the work. I have cut and pasted into photoshop, but the it places small and the resolution when saved out is not that good, it's not sharp anymore. Any suggestions???? Preview the image in the Clip Organizer; make note of the image number, browse to the number on the CD. You can use the Organizer without opening an Office program. From start, Microsoft Office Tools...You can drag the icon to ...

Working with WORKS
We have some spreadsheets in WORKS 4.5 fpr Windows 95. But Excel 2000 won't open them. It says that the version is incompatible. How can that be if it is an older version of WORKS? Using Windows XP. -- ____________________ Bill DeShawn Please reply to group only Thank you http://my.sterling.net/~bdeshawn Generally you would normally open the file in WORKS and then save it down as a file that Excel can read. .xlr is a native Excel format, or .txt, .csv, dbaseIV are all formats it can read. You can also find a converter here if you don't have WORKS. http://www.rl-software.co...

Size of excel work book is not full screen
The excel work I have been sent is not full screen (about 3/4 size). Clicking on blue header does not make it full screen. It is not possble to stretch the window either. Maybe the workbook is protected with the windows option checked. Tools|Protection|unprotect workbook (if that option is available) You may need a password. Mike wrote: > > The excel work I have been sent is not full screen (about 3/4 size). Clicking > on blue header does not make it full screen. It is not possble to stretch the > window either. -- Dave Peterson ...

Autocalc not working
When I select a group of cells, in most of my excel docs, the sum of those cells is displayed in the bar at the bottom of the sheet. In some docs, it doesn't work. I've right-clicked on the bar and sum is checked, but nothing happens. Is this my fault? Most things are. TIA Steve In those "some" docs, the numbers are probably entered/pasted as Text, rather than numeric values. To convert them, copy a blank cell, select your 'numbers' and choose Edit/Paste Special, selecting the Values and Add radio buttons. In article <fa2gsk$oit$1@news.datemas.de>, ...

2 further: capture Event from MS Web browser (shdocvw.dll) 2
Hi all, Thanks for your guidence... >Another way, as shown by Paul Dilaschia might work for you. He >discussed it few years ago in MSDN: >http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/01/09/c/default.aspx >He simply subclasses the IE window and traps some messages. I suspect >it will do what you are looking for. I have looked that example it was something i was looking for... But ..... My primary concern is to display MS Office documents and PDF document. I have tried to load such documents And they were loaded but was getting crashed In d'tor.... ? Another thing that als...

Save Excel on Server (Web Server IIS)
Hello, Let me explain the exact scenario. I actually want to display the Excel sheet to the user in the web. This problem is resolved I can show excel "abc.xls" in the web when user try to open that file the message box opened and ask for confirmation. After confirming he can add or modify the sheet. But when he saved that file either he has to save on the local system and then save on server or has to give full path of the server. So we are looking for the solution so that we can transparently save that file on the web without taking path of the server because ...