working with temporary working files..

I keep getting the message that I cannot save a temp. working file. This work
has been save on a cd and transfered back on to my desk top. Help
0
lizard (7)

Send to Onenote on Windows 7, driver won't work?
I downloaded the driver from David Rasmussen, but every time I open OneNote after printing to XPS I get the message "Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately. Object reference not set to an instance of an object." If I click continue it still doesn't work. This was one of my favorite features - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE find me a way to use OneNote! I lived off of it last year. Rilli wrote: > I downloaded the d...

Hyperlinks to DB dont work now that DB is converted
We have converted all our Access 97 databases to Access 2000- not without a lot of issues. Most of them have now been researched and resolved, some re-coded, etc. We have one issue that we cannot resolve. We used to have hyperlinks on our Intra-net to several Access Databases. These were essentially "shortcuts" to the databases so that the general population could have easy access. Now that we did our Access conversion, the hyperlinks on our intranet do not work. Clicking on the link gives an option to open the file from its current location or download it to a local loc...

Money 2005 "additional progam files are being downloaded"...NOT
I keep getting this message every time I launch money (even after leaving Money up and running overnight on my cable modem). I cannot get into my investment details because Money complains that additional modules are being downloaded. Anybody else seeing this, or have a workaround? suzy What is the patch level on your money 2005? Got to Help About and the last three digits of my version following the download is .825 suzy c wrote: > I keep getting this message every time I launch money (even after > leaving Money up and running overnight on my cable modem). > > I cannot ge...

auto caps don't work
in outlookk 2003, even tho i have set tools, options, spelling to autocorrect the first word of a sentence. it doesn't do it. i have never had this problem before, but now i have a new laptop and can't get this feature to work. -- tom martin Are you using Word as your editor? If so, your settings are there. Otherwise, learn to type. http://www.broderbund.com/jump.jsp?itemID=4713&itemType=CATEGORY&path=1%2C2%2C4713&ysmchn=GGL&ysmcpn=Typing&ysmcrn=sr2br29go633go202pi10ai50&ysmtrm=sr2br29go633go202pi10ai50+mavis+beacon&ysmtac=PPC&ovtac=PPC&SR=s...

Problem with file links changing
Good day all. Excel 2007. I have a number of workbooks in memory some having file links referencing a data file also in memory. I have code which firstly saves the current data file (constantly updating) at month end run and then "Saves As" to another directory with a different file name. It then closes the new file and re-opens the original so that processing can continue for the new month. However, my problem is that all files with links to the original data file have now changed to reference the Saved As file!! e.g. VLookup and HLookup. I have tried various avenues ...

Search does not work for one workbook
I have workbook, but search (spotlight) often does not work for it. Drives me crazy. What can this be. I see peoples names in there. Kevs OS 10.6.2 INTEL imac Office 2004 Hi Kevs: It could be the file format the workbook is saved in. What extension does the file-name have? The extension tells the system what kind of data a file contains, which controls which importer Spotlight uses to read the file: if there is no extension you could get strange results. Cheers On 6/01/10 2:47 AM, in article C7689F21.5718F%forums55@verizon.net, "forums55@verizon.net"...

working with temporary working files..
I keep getting the message that I cannot save a temp. working file. This work has been save on a cd and transfered back on to my desk top. Help ...

How does hibernate work
I have a question on the details of how hibernate works. I know it's saving everything in memory to the hiber file. Since power seems to be truly off at hibernation I assumed the flag to tell the PC to resume from the hiber file rather than normal booting must be either saved on disk or flashed to a bit of bios rom space, or maybe in space maintained by the clock battery. But the cure for a laptop that is stuck in a loop of constantly resuming from hibernating is to unplug it and take the battery out for a while so where actually is the flag to signal the system that it's in hi...

Count a char filed and then show Total Urgent
Hi, I have the following fields: rep orderack Blue Y I would like to be able to count all of the orderack everytime rep = blue and then total the number of Y in orderack so firstly i want to count then sum. can this be done in the same query. based on this query i am then qoing to output the data to data access page. Thanks for your help M Hi a little more info rep orderack blue Y blue Y blue Y blue Y total 4 "mahmad" wrote: > Hi, > ...

Non-working work week
Is there any way to make an entire week a non-working work week? As in, a task is going to take 25 days, but the 4th of July occurs in the middle and you want to show that during that week (or 2), no work will occur. Besides creating a new task or extending the task during. Thanks in advance! Hi RVE, Open up the calendar, "Tools", 'Change working time..', then simply select the days you want as non working. Make sure that the calendar you change is the Project calendar and is the basis for all other calendars such as individual resource calendars. Hope thi...

Can't open files
A friend left a garbled message on my telephone answering machine asking me for help but I don't use Vista or iTunes, so I'm hoping some kind soul on here can help. Basically any file he downloads (it may be a photo of his grandson sent as an email attachment in jpg format, or a program such as skype.exe, or a pdf document) cannot be opened. When double-clicked, any downloaded file opens up iTunes and presents the message "iTunes cannot open this file". I know it's not much to go on but his message recorded badly. I'll try to contact him and get more...

Graphing work and remaining work over time
I would like to generate a graph showing total actual work and remaining work for a top level task over time (week), This would enable me to show the projected remaining work through the duration of the project as it decreases from N to 0, and show the actual work completed though the duration of the project as it increases from 0 to N. The canned visual reports don't allow me to do this (that I can see anyway). Maybe I'm missing something. I also can't see how to customize a visual report that will do what I want. Using Microsoft Project 2007 (not the Server edit...

GP8 Manufacturing
Hello Everybody. Our Shop works 5 days a week (closed weekends). We have a WC that works 6 days a week (down Sundays only). We have setup both the Shop and WC Calendars to reflect this reality. We would expect that, when scheduling an MO that routes thru this WC, the WC calendar will override the Shop Calendar? However, our tests are not showing this to be true - We use a Backwards Infinite Scheduling Method and it always skips the weekend when calculating the start day of an MO regardless of the WC. Does anyone have any experience working with the WC Calendars? Please share your wis...

outlook2003 send button does not work
send button does not work i have tryed a new email acc. and reinstalling with no luck. now i am useing express and then export to outlook ...

Controlling Workbook File Size?
I have a workbook that has recently increased from 5meg to 30 meg. There are no pivot tables -- only a couple small macros that involve a few lines of vba. What could have caused the jumped.. and what can I do to fix it? Just guesses... The last used cell on each worksheet is way past where you think it should be. See Debra Dalgleish's site to reset this last used cell. http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused Any chance you have objects (pictures/buttons/textboxes) in your workbook? Sometimes pictures get duplicated by error. Mark wrote: > > I have a workbook that...

Feature Request-Need the ability to attach files to KnowledgeBase articles.
This is a big feature need. Lots of times articles need screenshots. Since you can't really do screenshots via the web, let us attach documents to articles. ...

Drag and Drop does not work
Hi all. This is funny: When I try to drag and drop a message from "Inbox" to "Backup" I get an error message. When I right click and select "move to folder"- it does work. ANY CLUES? TIA Guy Not a single one. No Outlook version = no clues. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Guy Cohen asked: | Hi all. | | This is funny: | When I try to drag and drop a message from "Inbox" ...

Internet Explorer E-mail links are no longer working in Outlook?
Hi, As soon as I click an e-mail link in Internet Explorer, another Outlook pops up. It used to just open a fresh new e-mail screen with the persons address already in the "TO:" line ? I can't figure out what I did wrong. Thanks, Rich ...

SunTrust Auto-Download Not Working after Banking Upgrade
I have been automatically downloading transactions from SunTrust since I installed MS$ 2007 Deluxe last year. I have done this without having to signup (for a fee of 5.95/month) with SunTrust for MS$ support. AFter the MS Banking Upgrade, I had to re-establish my SunTrust account with MS$. But, now I'm told (by MS$) that I don't have a SunTrust on-line account. Any thoughts? Anyone? I have been having issue as well with Suntrust, even if you get it to work you will find that its basically useless now downloading and duplicating pending transactions repeatedly, this is where I am ...

Spell check not working.

Convert data in Excel file to vsd format
H We are dynamically building an Excel sheet aith data to be shown as an Organization chart How can we convert this file into vsd format from Visual Basic Also, how can we show the Excel file contents on the WEB using asp Really Urgent. Regard Ajith well, I'm looking at Office2003 and Visio2003. Visio has the OrgChart Wizard for import of excel data, and Excel has the export of html. I believe this is functional back to the 2000 version as well. What version of the tools are you using? Al "Ajitha Anil" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Working with option buttons in Word 2002
So, we are trying to create a form in Word 2002 in which we offer a series of radio or "option" buttons for some of our survey questions. However, we are struggling to make the option buttons work through the "Web Tools" toolbar. We can create the list we want to create, but can't save the file so it can be e-mailed and utilized in the correct capacity. Can someone please walk me through the steps of how to create a form in which there are numerous questions, almost all of which utilize the same clickable "option buttons" to choose either a &q...

Working with WORKS
We have some spreadsheets in WORKS 4.5 fpr Windows 95. But Excel 2000 won't open them. It says that the version is incompatible. How can that be if it is an older version of WORKS? Using Windows XP. -- ____________________ Bill DeShawn Please reply to group only Thank you http://my.sterling.net/~bdeshawn Generally you would normally open the file in WORKS and then save it down as a file that Excel can read. .xlr is a native Excel format, or .txt, .csv, dbaseIV are all formats it can read. You can also find a converter here if you don't have WORKS. http://www.rl-software.co...

Size of excel work book is not full screen
The excel work I have been sent is not full screen (about 3/4 size). Clicking on blue header does not make it full screen. It is not possble to stretch the window either. Maybe the workbook is protected with the windows option checked. Tools|Protection|unprotect workbook (if that option is available) You may need a password. Mike wrote: > > The excel work I have been sent is not full screen (about 3/4 size). Clicking > on blue header does not make it full screen. It is not possble to stretch the > window either. -- Dave Peterson ...

Autocalc not working
When I select a group of cells, in most of my excel docs, the sum of those cells is displayed in the bar at the bottom of the sheet. In some docs, it doesn't work. I've right-clicked on the bar and sum is checked, but nothing happens. Is this my fault? Most things are. TIA Steve In those "some" docs, the numbers are probably entered/pasted as Text, rather than numeric values. To convert them, copy a blank cell, select your 'numbers' and choose Edit/Paste Special, selecting the Values and Add radio buttons. In article <fa2gsk$oit$1@news.datemas.de>, ...