Word Calendar & Publisher?

I would like to put a calendar which is done in MS Word on a webpage.  I had
converted it to htm format and used it like that but it does not show up in
other browsers besides MS IE.  I thought if I could import the calendar into
Publisher, I could save it in jpg format and easily use it on a web page.
However when I try to use Import, text file in Publisher 2003, it just
hangs.  I guess it is not really a text document. I know I could convert it
to a pdf file but that is a lot of trouble for people to just look at a one
page calendar. I cannot scan the hard paper copy of the word document  into
my scanner because my scanner is not big enough to handle  the size of the
calendar page.

Any suggestions? I got tired of recreating it every month just to put into
FP 2003.

Susan

0
dsnsacree (69)

It sound like you are try to do this by means of insert text file, try file
then import word doc, this option is available in Pub03

"Susan" wrote:

> I would like to put a calendar which is done in MS Word on a webpage.  I had
> converted it to htm format and used it like that but it does not show up in
> other browsers besides MS IE.  I thought if I could import the calendar into
> Publisher, I could save it in jpg format and easily use it on a web page.
> However when I try to use Import, text file in Publisher 2003, it just
> hangs.  I guess it is not really a text document. I know I could convert it
> to a pdf file but that is a lot of trouble for people to just look at a one
> page calendar. I cannot scan the hard paper copy of the word document  into
> my scanner because my scanner is not big enough to handle  the size of the
> calendar page.
>
> Any suggestions? I got tired of recreating it every month just to put into
> FP 2003.
>
> Susan

0
Joe (497)
1/12/2005 7:27:05 PM
I tried to import the word doc by creating text box in new pub documennt and
the import file. It seems to work, no hour glass but I end up with blank
document.

I followed instructions on post below to use Microsoft Office Document Image
and saved it in a tiff format. I tried to convert tiff to jpg and resize
image to smaller size to fit on screen for web page. I lost resolution-the
lines that block of days in calendar disappeared in some places. I may play
around with the dpi setting in the advanced tab and see if that makes any
difference.

I may just scan and reduce calendar on copier somewhere else and then scan
it on my scanner to gif or jpg format.

Susan
"Joe" <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> It sound like you are try to do this by means of insert text file, try
> file
> then import word doc, this option is available in Pub03
>
> "Susan" wrote:
>
>> I would like to put a calendar which is done in MS Word on a webpage.  I
>> had
>> converted it to htm format and used it like that but it does not show up
>> in
>> other browsers besides MS IE.  I thought if I could import the calendar
>> into
>> Publisher, I could save it in jpg format and easily use it on a web page.
>> However when I try to use Import, text file in Publisher 2003, it just
>> hangs.  I guess it is not really a text document. I know I could convert
>> it
>> to a pdf file but that is a lot of trouble for people to just look at a
>> one
>> page calendar. I cannot scan the hard paper copy of the word document
>> into
>> my scanner because my scanner is not big enough to handle  the size of
>> the
>> calendar page.
>>
>> Any suggestions? I got tired of recreating it every month just to put
>> into
>> FP 2003.
>>
>> Susan

0
dsnsacree (69)
1/12/2005 9:01:32 PM
1-Open a black doc in Publisher 03
2-Click File | Import Word Doc
Do not use text box

"Susan" wrote:

> I tried to import the word doc by creating text box in new pub documennt and
> the import file. It seems to work, no hour glass but I end up with blank
> document.
>
> I followed instructions on post below to use Microsoft Office Document Image
> and saved it in a tiff format. I tried to convert tiff to jpg and resize
> image to smaller size to fit on screen for web page. I lost resolution-the
> lines that block of days in calendar disappeared in some places. I may play
> around with the dpi setting in the advanced tab and see if that makes any
> difference.
>
> I may just scan and reduce calendar on copier somewhere else and then scan
> it on my scanner to gif or jpg format.
>
> Susan
> "Joe" <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > It sound like you are try to do this by means of insert text file, try
> > file
> > then import word doc, this option is available in Pub03
> >
> > "Susan" wrote:
> >
> >> I would like to put a calendar which is done in MS Word on a webpage.  I
> >> had
> >> converted it to htm format and used it like that but it does not show up
> >> in
> >> other browsers besides MS IE.  I thought if I could import the calendar
> >> into
> >> Publisher, I could save it in jpg format and easily use it on a web page.
> >> However when I try to use Import, text file in Publisher 2003, it just
> >> hangs.  I guess it is not really a text document. I know I could convert
> >> it
> >> to a pdf file but that is a lot of trouble for people to just look at a
> >> one
> >> page calendar. I cannot scan the hard paper copy of the word document
> >> into
> >> my scanner because my scanner is not big enough to handle  the size of
> >> the
> >> calendar page.
> >>
> >> Any suggestions? I got tired of recreating it every month just to put
> >> into
> >> FP 2003.
> >>
> >> Susan

0
Joe (497)
1/12/2005 9:11:01 PM
It makes a "blank" two page document with the "go to next text box" icons at
the top of the first page and the bottom of the next page.

> 1-Open a black doc in Publisher 03
> 2-Click File | Import Word Doc
> Do not use text box
>
> "Susan" wrote:
>
>> I tried to import the word doc by creating text box in new pub documennt
>> and
>> the import file. It seems to work, no hour glass but I end up with blank
>> document.
>>
>> I followed instructions on post below to use Microsoft Office Document
>> Image
>> and saved it in a tiff format. I tried to convert tiff to jpg and resize
>> image to smaller size to fit on screen for web page. I lost
>> resolution-the
>> lines that block of days in calendar disappeared in some places. I may
>> play
>> around with the dpi setting in the advanced tab and see if that makes any
>> difference.
>>
>> I may just scan and reduce calendar on copier somewhere else and then
>> scan
>> it on my scanner to gif or jpg format.
>>
>> Susan
>> "Joe" <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > It sound like you are try to do this by means of insert text file, try
>> > file
>> > then import word doc, this option is available in Pub03

0
dsnsacree (69)

Printing WORD docs from a form

Inserting a PDF into a Publisher document
I have a PDF that I would like to insert into a booklet I am making in Publisher. Is that possible? I just want it to take up one of my pages within the booklet. If I copy and paste it only leaves a blank square. Help! Try inserting it as an Object. -- Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP - FrontPage "Kelly Edwards" <KellyEdwards@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64D1BC77-CE3F-4D3D-BC93-C168FE9DA2AA@microsoft.com... |I have a PDF that I would like to insert into a booklet I am making in | Publisher. Is that possible? I just want it to take up one of my ...

HELP!! Publisher won't open
I have Publisher 2000. When I click on the icon on the desktop, the program opens to the catalog page. When I click on 'existing files'. the program closes down. I can open the existing file in Windows Explorer, but as soon as I click on something, it closes down. This is a relatively new computer running Windows XP Media Center. I have been able to access my existing file before on this system. Can someone please help? Can you open Publisher in Safe Mode? Do you have a default printer enabled? Insert your 2000 disk, select repair. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.micros...

Word 2007 TOC Not saving settings...

Sharing Calendar and Contacts
Our office wants to start using exchange to share calendars and contacts on our SBS 2003 server. Really what they want is one central calendar for scheduling as well as a central contacts share. Exchange is currently setup and users are using their exchange mailboxes to manage their personal calendars and contacts only at this point. Currently mail is outsourced and pulled to each local machine pst files. No mail is being hosted on the exchange server today for security concerns and less management. Not sure this is the right way to do it but its been working with no issues other than ...

Encoded Word Documents

Where can I get a copy of the Microsoft calendar control?
In Excel 97 I have a calendar control. Those files with the calendar control do not work in Excel 2003, because I don'd have the calendar control in Excel 2003. Is there some type of calendar control for Excel 2003? Thank you. Shelley I think there's a link to a free calendar control at the bottom of Ron de Bruin's page: http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm shelley wrote: > > In Excel 97 I have a calendar control. Those files with the calendar control > do not work in Excel 2003, because I don'd have the calendar control in Excel > 2003. Is there some ty...

Bulk E-mail with Non-Word Attachment

Word Wrap: Where is it in Word 2007?

Where are my saved word?

word 2002 compatibility with Windows 7

Word 2007--pesky black dotted line

Formula to extract the last word from a cell
Anyone know of a formula that will extract the last word from a cell. For example if cell contains the text: Best available title How could I produce the result: "title" (And preferably be able to fill the formula down the column to get the last word from other cells in the column as well.) Thanks for any suggestions. =MID(A10,FIND(CHAR(1),SUBSTITUTE(A10," ",CHAR(1),B10))+1,99) -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "Dave K" <fred.sheriff@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c4347e85-a3e2-4abe-b632-88643d4d244c@w7g2000hsa.googlegroups.com... &...

copying Arabic into Word document on Mac
I am trying to copy and paste an Arabic word from the web into a multi-lingual Word document on my Mac but am having terrible trouble. It always comes out either backwards (left-right) or with the letters not correctly joined up (an Algerian colleague tells me). I have tried making the web page I am copying from into a PDF first, but doesn't help. Any advice greatly appreciated. Michael <huanzuiju@googlemail.com> wrote: > I am trying to copy and paste an Arabic word from the web into a > multi-lingual Word document on my Mac but am having terrible trouble. > It always co...

Error Accessing Service Calendar
When trying to go to the calendar I get an error: " Unexpected Error An error has occured. For more information, contact your system administrator." I found in other posts that if you changed ASP.NET from 2.x to 1.x that it would fix this problem. That did not work for me. Below I have posted the event that was recorded in the event log. Event code: 3005 Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred. Event time: 6/1/2007 1:48:59 PM Event time (UTC): 6/1/2007 7:48:59 PM Event ID: 980ec5e4571d45f1ad047e1dc8c2c9e3 Event sequence: 62 Event occurrence: 1 Event detail...

Default DOCX file to open w/ Word 2007 and DOC to open with Word 2
Hi, I am trying to convert several hundred mail merge documents from Word 2003 to Word 2007. Currently, if I double click a document to open it, it opens in whichever version of Word was run last. What I would like, is for ..DOC files to open in 2003 and .DOCX files to open with 2007. I've tried to change the file types to do this, but can't make it 'stick'. Any suggestions? To prevent the two Word versions from "competing" over the file associations, see the "Hacking the Registry" section of the article at http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_wor...

limiting number of words in textbox in Word 2007
I created a Textbox in MS-Word 2007 by going to the Developer option->then chose Design Mode, then Legacy Tools->Text box Field. The MultiLine and Enterkey properties are True and the rest are default values. Is there a way I can limit the number of words to a certain number? I realize there is a way to limit the number of characters in the Textbox by the Maxlength value. Also, is it possible that a message appears when the user exceeds the maximum length informing him about that. Do I need to use VBA code or do the inbuilt features of word allow me to do that? The short ...

microsoft word
is it possible to create a macro to open up word and copy and paste some data from excel into it. Thanks Debra Dalgleish has an example at: http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html#CopyToWord It's a way of copying comments in a worksheet to a word document. But you can see the structure nicely. head wrote: > > is it possible to create a macro to open up word and copy and paste some data from excel into it. Thanks -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Word conversion
I have a long list of items in a Word doc, and when I copy paste t Excel, all the items are in one cell. Is there a way to paste the item into Excel into different columns? Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You could use Data | Text to Columns | Delimited and choose a space as the delimiter. Just follow the dialogue. Regards Trevor "mrroboto >" <<mrroboto.1al9vr@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:mrroboto.1al9vr@excelforum-nospam.com... > I have a long list of items in a Word doc, and when I copy paste to > Excel, all the ite...

Inserting calendars into Publisher
I want to insert a monthly calendar into a church newsletter that I have created using Publisher 2002. The calendar will be on a page by itself. The calendar will have entries for activities throughout the month. If I can insert the calendar with the rest of the newsletter, then I will be able to send it directly from my computer to a high quality printer, resulting in a better looking publication. Is there a Microsoft product that I can use to accomplish this? If not, is there a product on the market that I can use with Publisher to achieve this objective? The "Design Gallery&quo...

Use Word 2007 to edit Outlook 2003?
I have Word 2007 from the teacher and student edition, so it did not come with Outlook 2007. I use Outlook 2003 from an earlier package. I would like to use Word as my email editor, but when I go to Outlook's Tools/Options/Mail Format tab the boxes say Word 2003 and are grayed out; there is no option for Word 2007, nor a way to click on Word 2003. Is there a way to use Word as my email editor? Thanks, tfall No. Version must match. It has been ever thus. -- Russ Valentine "tfall" <tfall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A58F9CAE-086B-4B7...