with Publisher or Office.Will I be able to access old files docume

I am frustrated with my Open Office org. program for many reasons.
I would like to use Publisher or Office or?
Will I be able to access, email, documents etc files previously made on
another program if I download Publisher or Office or ?
0
erica (15)

Erica wrote:
> I am frustrated with my Open Office org. program for many reasons.
> I would like to use Publisher or Office or?
> Will I be able to access, email, documents etc files previously made on
> another program if I download Publisher or Office or ?

Office applications cannot open OpenDocument files. You will have to
convert them to Office files. OpenOffice has no filter for Publisher, so
cannot open or save Publisher files.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

Convert cvs file to excel file
the CVS file has 1000 records seprated by a comma when I try to open with excel it only take 256 records and places them in a single row I need to have all 1000 records placed in a single column is there a way to convert this file? Open it in Notepad/Wordpad etc and I'm assuming from your text that you will see something like the following:- 17,12,20,19,5,14,20,5,11,3 Do an Edit / Replace and replace , with ; (Replace comma with semi-colon) so that you now have 17;12;20;19;5;14;20;5;11;3 Copy the string and paste into a cell in Excel (Assume cell A1) Now put ={ at the front and ...

XP: copy/paste from Access into Excel
Hello I am converting lots of Access/Excel apps to the XP version and I hav problems with the most stupid issues. Here is one of them: in the previous version (under NT) I could just copy and past tables/queries from Access into Excel (Crtl C/Crtl V) and everythin was working. Now the numbers are all formatted as text in Excel unless I past special (Biff5). I know I could use the Tools--> Analise it with Excel (from Access t Excel) but this opens the results in a new sheet and sometimes I nee to paste in a specified region of existing spreadsheets. Yes, I could also use pass through query ...

file share access to w2k8 host needed from image
hi, i am currently using vs 2005 r2 sp1 on a windows 2008 host machine (secured by ipsec). i now want to have file share access to my host from any image. when i try to run "net share \\<hostmachine>\c$" i do receive an error as following: "the network path was not found". please note: - either image client can access shares on different computers - i can access my host from any other client in network (no virtual one) using "net share \\<hostmachine>\c$" - stop ipsec on host does not change anything so the problem probably has to do with some f...

Publishing to the web through Publisher

SP3 xp failed to install catalog files during update
i have a fresh install of xp home with linksys wireless drivers, nvidia drivers, avg free and essential ms updates installed up to service pack 3 and nothing else installed. it downloaded the sp3 and started the install procedure the progress bar makes it to about a 3rd of the way through then gives me a message that it failed to install catalogue files there is no error code that went with the message. has anybody seen this happen yet? is there anything i can do? NOTE: *** IF Internet Explorer 7 or 8 are installed, UNinstall it now before applying SP3. Reinstall it afterwards...

publisher #74

Junk Mail
I read the following recently. Does this change also effect the order of processing for Junk Mail and Out of Office replies. Do Out of Office replies NOT fire for junk mail? SP1 changes how the Junk Email filter works. Previously, Rules processed messages ahead of the Junk email filter and only messages not handled by rules were processed by the spam filter. SP1 runs the junk filter on all messages before processing the messages using the Rules Wizard. While this is a good thing for people who use multiple accounts and moves messages to different folders, it may require users to add mo...

utility to browse read-only PST files?
Everyone, Since Outlook refuses to browse through read-only PST files (yes, I know this is by design, and I still find it stupid that for read-only files it does not revert to basic functionality of just browsing through the mails, without the need to update any meta-data such as sort order etc.), does anybody know of any 3rd party utility that can do this job? greetings, Tom I don't think any util will open them since I think the lower level APIs demand they be read-write. <tomtorfs@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1134989524.109196.243610@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... >...

access 2007 01-29-08
Is Access 2007 still in beta or fairly new? I just downloaded a trial. I am wondering if most enterprise level companies are still on Access 2003? Would you suggest developing a database in 2007 if the customer doesn't have a preference? It looks like it just has a new interface but it is basically the same as 2003? The other question I have is about quality assurance. Is there any tips on the MVP's site or is it in any books. I have the access 2003 inside and out book which was good but it is slow reading through examples. Should I get the 2007 book? thanks, ...

Installing Publisher 2003 gives an error

Cannot download .zip files
I have discoverd that Microsoft Outlook 2000 & 2003, will not allow me to download .zip files. The entire email is also not returned to sender and seems to be held in queue somewhere. I can find no helpful information through WinZip. Is there anyone out there who has experienced the same, or similar, problem? Any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance. R.L. McGahan Ten Forward Communications 360-457-9023 Outlook, all versions, download .zip files just fine. I suspect that you have a third party program such as McAfee installed that is iintercepting the mail and not allowing ...

Windows 7/IE8 Javascript will not run.
I am having major issues with IE8 recently. I get no error messages, things just don't work. For example, I can't download files from sites, windows update will not download files either. I viewed the html source on a particular page that wasn't working and there was some text in the html that said Javascript was not supported in my browser (but the text didn't show on the screen). FWIW, I have now installed both chrome and firefox and they don't have any problems with javascript or download files, etc. This problem started after I switched from McAfee to...

Refreshing a Microsoft Office Excel Chart Object
Can a Microsoft Office Excel Chart Object be refreshed by linking it to an excel spreadsheet? The "chart object" is being copied from the originating excel spreadsheet, using the special past function to make an Excel Chart Object in a Word doc. DonC, Use Paste Special, pasting it as an Excel Chart Object in the Word document. Use the Paste Link button. Now it's linked to the cells of the original worksheet. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com ----------------------------------------------------------------------- "DonC" <don.cook@farmersinsurance.com> w...

When Out Of Office messages are not working at all
Saw a few postings, some old, some current, where an out of office message may not be working for a single mailbox. I followed the instructions below and they worked beautifully. http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/10/when_oof_doesnt.html Hope this helps someone. Thanks Collin....I use Exmerge to remove (archive to PST) just the "Associated Folder Messages" on the mailbox after saving/exporting the required rules. This removes all rules, OOF msgs etc. and has always worked in fixing users' broken OOF notifications. The Exmerge interface simpler for this particular task...

File Not Found dialogue
Excel 2000 Do you know why the annoying "File Not Found" dialog box shows up? This happens when I move a few of the work sheets out of my main spreadsheet, which contains about 25 worksheets. In other words, I create a smaller file by exporting just 3 worksheets that are part of a large file that contains about 25 worksheets. If I click the "X" (File Close) button several times, the annoying dialog boxes finally go away, only to re-appear the next time I open the small file. The worksheets that I want to use to create the small file were originally prod...

owa not access from outside
hi , i have an exchange server 2003(sp1) with windows server 2003(sp1) , the network scenario is that first i have router and then pix firewall and then i have smtp filter for exchange, on smtp the port 25 is open , on pix i have made a DMZ for exchange , means that from outside , first mails are comming to smtp filter through the dmz on pix and then came to my exchange server which is not F-E, internaly i am able to use the OWA through the URl"http://servername/exchange" and on pix the port 80 is open and one thing more is that my domain controller and excahnge are on same m...

Outlook for Office 2000
Need Help Badly! Have experienced a denied access to my outlook. cannot delete messages from any folder. message as follows: C:\Windows\Local Settings\application data\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst. could not be accessed.Access denied. have removed program and restored. have tried exporting - not working. help help help How big is the .PST file? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:54aa01c3e52b$44249b30$a001280a@phx.gbl, pd wrote: > Need Hel...

Sending Publisher Files

problem in use money files after change of hard disc
I have using money since 1990 with constant updates, my latest update was in 2005. Recently my hard disc crashed and I have to change for a new hard disc, after install money, I was unable to open my money files which run satisfactorily before the crash. When I try to run openthe file it always says "the file is created by an older version of money, money will save a copy of the file and upgrade you file for use by the program". Then after a while a message apear saying that "money is unable to acess your file .....". Can any one help me. I have run the same file...

Publisher 2000 #23

outlook blocks access to my attachments! WHY
does anyone get this stupid microsoft msg: oe removed access to the following unsafe attachments in mail This was in outlook express. I have attachments and they are greyed out and unable to be opened! WHY is that? HOW can i fix it and override microsoft's idiocy? Thanks, Vern VJL33615@yahoo.com Next time, post this in an Outlook Express group - this is not one of them. Having said that, tools->options->security. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail ...

Publisher 2003