will only print 1st page, then 3 blank pages

I created a newsletter in Publisher and it looks and prints fine. When I
email it to myself (and others) in Outlook and Gmail, it looks fine. But when
I go to print, it will print the first page, then the rest of the pages blank
(I get the footer that says "2 of 4" etc). It is doing this with two separate
documents - one that is 4 pages, and one that only looks like 1 page, but is
getting cut off and split in two.

Why is it doing this and how can I stop it??? It's happening on multiple
computers with multiple printers and different email programs. It doesn't
happen with any other documents we've created in Publisher - just these two.
Please help!!

Newsletters sent by email are kind of an iffy thing. I recommend sending it
as a .pdf attachment.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"sanddollar" <sanddollar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I created a newsletter in Publisher and it looks and prints fine. When I
> email it to myself (and others) in Outlook and Gmail, it looks fine. But
> when
> I go to print, it will print the first page, then the rest of the pages
> blank
> (I get the footer that says "2 of 4" etc). It is doing this with two
> separate
> documents - one that is 4 pages, and one that only looks like 1 page, but
> is
> getting cut off and split in two.
>
> Why is it doing this and how can I stop it??? It's happening on multiple
> computers with multiple printers and different email programs. It doesn't
> happen with any other documents we've created in Publisher - just these
> two.
> Please help!!

0
jl_paules (2767)
4/4/2007 7:12:24 PM
I would love to just do that, but my boss wants me to send them this way so
the links in it will still work (and apparently not all of our cilents have
the pdf reader).

I am going out of my mind with this! It has never done this before and I
can't figure out what's different.

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

> Newsletters sent by email are kind of an iffy thing. I recommend sending it
> as a .pdf attachment.
>
> --
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>
> ~~~~~
> How to ask a question
> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>

> "sanddollar" <sanddollar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I created a newsletter in Publisher and it looks and prints fine. When I
> > email it to myself (and others) in Outlook and Gmail, it looks fine. But
> > when
> > I go to print, it will print the first page, then the rest of the pages
> > blank
> > (I get the footer that says "2 of 4" etc). It is doing this with two
> > separate
> > documents - one that is 4 pages, and one that only looks like 1 page, but
> > is
> > getting cut off and split in two.
> >
> > Why is it doing this and how can I stop it??? It's happening on multiple
> > computers with multiple printers and different email programs. It doesn't
> > happen with any other documents we've created in Publisher - just these
> > two.
> > Please help!!

real iffy for multiple page emails

"JoAnn Paules" <jl_paules@hotNOSPAMmail.com> wrote in message
| Newsletters sent by email are kind of an iffy thing. I recommend sending
it
| as a .pdf attachment.
|
| --
| JoAnn Paules
| MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
|
| ~~~~~
| How to ask a question
| http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
|

| "sanddollar" <sanddollar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| >I created a newsletter in Publisher and it looks and prints fine. When I
| > email it to myself (and others) in Outlook and Gmail, it looks fine. But
| > when
| > I go to print, it will print the first page, then the rest of the pages
| > blank
| > (I get the footer that says "2 of 4" etc). It is doing this with two
| > separate
| > documents - one that is 4 pages, and one that only looks like 1 page,
but
| > is
| > getting cut off and split in two.
| >
| > Why is it doing this and how can I stop it??? It's happening on multiple
| > computers with multiple printers and different email programs. It
doesn't
| > happen with any other documents we've created in Publisher - just these
| > two.
| > Please help!!

0
webmaster911 (1600)
4/4/2007 8:43:07 PM
Unfortunately as long as your boss insists on doing it that way, your
readers will have issues with printing.

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

>I would love to just do that, but my boss wants me to send them this way so
> the links in it will still work (and apparently not all of our cilents
> have
> the pdf reader).
>
> I am going out of my mind with this! It has never done this before and I
> can't figure out what's different.
>
> "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
>
>> Newsletters sent by email are kind of an iffy thing. I recommend sending
>> it
>> as a .pdf attachment.
>>
>> --
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>
>> ~~~~~
>> How to ask a question
>> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>>

>> "sanddollar" <sanddollar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I created a newsletter in Publisher and it looks and prints fine. When I
>> > email it to myself (and others) in Outlook and Gmail, it looks fine.
>> > But
>> > when
>> > I go to print, it will print the first page, then the rest of the pages
>> > blank
>> > (I get the footer that says "2 of 4" etc). It is doing this with two
>> > separate
>> > documents - one that is 4 pages, and one that only looks like 1 page,
>> > but
>> > is
>> > getting cut off and split in two.
>> >
>> > Why is it doing this and how can I stop it??? It's happening on
>> > multiple
>> > computers with multiple printers and different email programs. It
>> > doesn't
>> > happen with any other documents we've created in Publisher - just these
>> > two.
>> > Please help!!

0
jl_paules1 (1069)
4/5/2007 12:23:08 AM
You didn't say how your are doing it. If you are sending your newsletter out
as a message in an email vs. as an attachment, you can only send a single
page. If you want to send a multipage newsletter as a message, then you have
to put all the content on one page. Reference:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HA010563151033.aspx
and
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH062524821033.aspx

Sending a multipage newsletter as an attached PDF is the best approach in my
opinion. Publisher 2007 can generate a PDF document where the hyperlinks
survive the conversion.

DavidF

"sanddollar" <sanddollar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I created a newsletter in Publisher and it looks and prints fine. When I
> email it to myself (and others) in Outlook and Gmail, it looks fine. But
> when
> I go to print, it will print the first page, then the rest of the pages
> blank
> (I get the footer that says "2 of 4" etc). It is doing this with two
> separate
> documents - one that is 4 pages, and one that only looks like 1 page, but
> is
> getting cut off and split in two.
>
> Why is it doing this and how can I stop it??? It's happening on multiple
> computers with multiple printers and different email programs. It doesn't
> happen with any other documents we've created in Publisher - just these
> two.
> Please help!!

0
Nope8657 (939)
4/5/2007 2:58:55 AM
"not all of our clients have the pdf reader..." And these folks do have
Publisher? How quaint. If the Adobe reader isn't cheap enough, there is
always: http://www.mirekw.com/winfreeware/mwsnap.html
"sanddollar" <sanddollar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would love to just do that, but my boss wants me to send them this way so
> the links in it will still work (and apparently not all of our cilents
> have
> the pdf reader).
>
> I am going out of my mind with this! It has never done this before and I
> can't figure out what's different.
>
> "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
>
>> Newsletters sent by email are kind of an iffy thing. I recommend sending
>> it
>> as a .pdf attachment.
>>
>> --
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>
>> ~~~~~
>> How to ask a question
>> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>>

>> "sanddollar" <sanddollar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I created a newsletter in Publisher and it looks and prints fine. When I
>> > email it to myself (and others) in Outlook and Gmail, it looks fine.
>> > But
>> > when
>> > I go to print, it will print the first page, then the rest of the pages
>> > blank
>> > (I get the footer that says "2 of 4" etc). It is doing this with two
>> > separate
>> > documents - one that is 4 pages, and one that only looks like 1 page,
>> > but
>> > is
>> > getting cut off and split in two.
>> >
>> > Why is it doing this and how can I stop it??? It's happening on
>> > multiple
>> > computers with multiple printers and different email programs. It
>> > doesn't
>> > happen with any other documents we've created in Publisher - just these
>> > two.
>> > Please help!!

0
Anthemwebs (309)
4/5/2007 8:19:03 PM
Publisher can send emails that are not attachments.

--

"Charles W Davis" <Anthemwebs@lvcoxmail.com> wrote in message
> "not all of our clients have the pdf reader..." And these folks do have
> Publisher? How quaint. If the Adobe reader isn't cheap enough, there is
> always: http://www.mirekw.com/winfreeware/mwsnap.html
> "sanddollar" <sanddollar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I would love to just do that, but my boss wants me to send them this way
>>so
>> the links in it will still work (and apparently not all of our cilents
>> have
>> the pdf reader).
>>
>> I am going out of my mind with this! It has never done this before and I
>> can't figure out what's different.
>>
>> "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
>>
>>> Newsletters sent by email are kind of an iffy thing. I recommend sending
>>> it
>>> as a .pdf attachment.
>>>
>>> --
>>> JoAnn Paules
>>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>>
>>> ~~~~~
>>> How to ask a question
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>>>

>>> "sanddollar" <sanddollar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
jl_paules1 (1069)

Can't send web pages
I used to be able to send web pages by email, but now I cannot do it. At least not directly. If I select "send page by email", I get Outlook starting, but then I get "This message has not been sent". If I save it, it shows up in my inbox, in which case I can drag it manually to my outbox and send it. How can I do this directly? What changed? Is it a difference between using Outlook and (what I used to use) Outlook Express? Thanks, Joan ...

Can I change date on 1 page and have it auto change on every page
In publisher I have tickets that are dated. I need to change the date before printing each time. I have 75 pages with the date listed 8 times on each page. trying to see if it is possible to change the date once and have it automatically change on every page. ...

mail will not open
when trying to open some...not all...emails I get the message "there was an error opening this message.....an error has occurred". This doesn't happen to all messages nor does it happen to all messages from the same sender. "velona" <velona@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5CFA4037-506D-4362-B110-13A9915D825A@microsoft.com... > when trying to open some...not all...emails I get the message "there was > an > error opening this message.....an error has occurred". > This doesn't happen to all messages nor doe...

text box printing problems
I have created text boxes using the tool bar, however when I print the sheet or even print preview it moves all the text boxes to the left when it returns to the normal view. I do not want them to realign, but have tried everthing and can not figure out why they are doing this. xl2002??? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;838910 Controls move to the left of the worksheet in Microsoft Excel 2002 But Jim Rech recently posted this: This article is now obsolete. Since the 10/12/2004 security patch there is no need to get a hotfix (although this article does not directl...

Excel 2007 will not refresh cells
I am currently using Excel 2007. I have a spreadsheet that I want to use to do some analysis of various situations. So here is my problem. I have several columns that have totals at the bottom. I have no problem getting the columns to total initially. However, if I plug in another number in the column, the total stays the same and won't refresh or re-total the column. I don't recall that this was a problem when I worked with Excel 2003. Can someone please tell me how to get the totals to update when I enter some new numbers in the column? Thanks in advance for the...

Print Receivables Schedule Payments
How can I print the invoice (as in Transaction>>Sales>>TRansaction Entry) of an individual Schedule Payment in Receivables Management? I dont want to print the entire Schedule Invoice used, just a specific invoice (Tools>>Routines>>Sales>>Posted Schedule" Rico: Go to Inquiry>Sales>Transaction by Document or Transaction by Customer. You'll find the invoices in this inquiry window. Highlight the invoice you want print and click on the Document Number link to open the Receivables Transaction. You can print the invoice from there. Frank Hamelly...

subform will not refresh
I have a subform for jobs to be at list - when I am int the actual form it requeries and shows only the ones checked off - when I go to the mainform with the jobs to be at list as a subform - it does not refresh or requery unless I close and open back up again. I had added a refresh command button with the following code: DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdRefresh when i press the refresh button it refreshes the job list to be at I add this code to the Onload of the Main form - don't want user to have to press refresh button but it doesn't refresh jobs to be at list unless press ...

Project Printing Issues
We are printing files with Height 60" x Width 165". The document must fit on 1 page and the percent changes for each document. The plotter we are using is a Canon IPF9000 using the Canon IPF9000 drivers. The issue is we are getting data lost when printing. Example not printing weekends, shading not working and so on. Can anyone please help me? nadasback, What release, including service pack level, are you running? There were some early problems using Project 2007 that were partially resolved by turning off 3D bars and I believe things have gotten a *bit* better with...

How do I get Outlook 2007 to print only the weeks I select?
I can't seem to get the Print Range to work in Outlook 2007. No matter what range I put in, Outlook prints a 6 week calendar (except for Feb, which it prints 5 weeks). I've tried deselecting the "print exactly one month," but that button seems to be useless for me. I have SP2 installed. I tried using the Calendar Printing Assistant, and while it will print the month out correctly, it will not print my category colors, so it is not useful for me. Bottom line is I need to see more appointments on my monthly view print out, and I can do this if I print 4 or...

Excel 2002 Color Printing
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C59124.DB3F0E00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Printing in black and white only when the workbook has colored = background and colored letters and numbers. The "Print in black and = white is not checked". ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C59124.DB3F0E00 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML>...

messages will not display on Outlook Express
I cannot get my messages to display the text of the message. I can send and receive, but when I actually try to open a message the message will pop up, but without text. The hourglass icon is displaying, seeming like it's trying to pull the message up but it never comes. Does anyone know what I should do? anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I cannot get my messages to display the text of the > message. I can send and receive, but when I actually try > to open a message the message will pop up, but without > text. ...

Printing only selected ranges in "notes"
Can a group or selection of notes e.g., one month at a time, be printed? As I have many, multiple entries in Outlook "notes" on a daily basis, it seems I can only print my entire "notes" folder. Please advise... -- Rick ...

You will pass all the exams at 1st attempt No more headaches and worry about spending the time and money to attempt another exam again. You will pass all of your exams, every time www.FreeExamKing.com
You will pass all the exams at 1st attempt No more headaches and worry about spending the time and money to attempt another exam again. You will pass all of your exams, every time www.FreeExamKing.com ...

Print template
Is it possible to define a customized print style for a received mail: - Not printing the expeditor name in the header - Change some parameters in the header Thanks ...

with Publisher or Office.Will I be able to access old files docume
I am frustrated with my Open Office org. program for many reasons. I would like to use Publisher or Office or? Will I be able to access, email, documents etc files previously made on another program if I download Publisher or Office or ? Erica wrote: > I am frustrated with my Open Office org. program for many reasons. > I would like to use Publisher or Office or? > Will I be able to access, email, documents etc files previously made on > another program if I download Publisher or Office or ? Office applications cannot open OpenDocument files. You will have to convert them to O...

My Money Side will not stop
I read the FAQ for Money 2002 and it stated A) Click Help in MoneySide, then Settings. Under "Open MoneySide" select "Never" and then "Done." I select "Never" but there is no "Done" I can find and My Money leaves for this time only to return again. Is there any way to kill money from running in the background. It is not running in MSCONFIG on my XP sp2 system that I can find. Thanks Don I wish I had a way to test this here to tell you how to do it and validate the FAQ. Hopefully somebody who can still test on M02 will join the thread....

CRM 3.0 Development Enviroment & Production All In Same Domain?
We are looking to build a production CRM enviroment and a development CRM environment in the same domain, can this be done without any issues? What about the Exchange piece of both of these environments - can they use the same Exchange 2003 server to route? Thanks, -Zac On Mar 29, 9:10 pm, "Zac Anderson" <zander...@corptax.com> wrote: > We are looking to build a production CRM enviroment and a development CRM > environment in the same domain, can this be done without any issues? What > about the Exchange piece of both of these environments - can they use the...

Think I will be staying with Money2004 for good...
Just to throw my two cents in on all this money2007 stuff. It looks like MS doesn't care about users of older versions of money. With all the changes, I think they just hope to pick up new customers who don't know any better. Based on what I have read...I won't even bother trying a trial of 2007. Granted the other software out there in the personal finance space isn't that great, at least I have a decent version of money with 2004. C Money 2004 was the last best version of Money to be sure. When Money 2005 dropped I tried it for about a week and then moved to Quick...

How do I combine multiple pub files and add page numbers?
What version Publisher? There is a utility Ed Bennett developed for Publisher 2007 that will combine Publisher documents. http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/tools Once you have combined the documents, Insert, page numbers. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "jlehr" <jlehr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0688C65F-50E5-445D-8295-00B12DCB3A55@microsoft.com... > ...

Lebans print to pdf question: Send pdf via email attachment from Access
I downloaded Steve Lebans print to pdf module (excellent work!) and would like to have the ability to send the pdf as an email attachment via command button from open form. I would also like the pdf to bear the name from a "field name" on my open form. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Best regards, Brent beltex63@gmail.com Lebans' Report to PDF will already handle you passing the desired file name for the PDF. In the call to print the PDF, use the "field name" on your open form to build the path for the PDF. You could then probably use the sendobject to cr...

Printing on landscape but comes out portrait
Hi: I've had this problem before but wasn't able to fix it. How come my worksheet prints out portrait when orientation is on landscape? Any way on fixing this problem? Thanks, Anna Chances are, it's a Printer-driver issue........perhaps you've recently upgraded operating systems or printer etc..........if you're on a LAN, try various combinations of different computers, printers and Excel files to try to isolate the exact conditions where you have the problem.....this should give direction toward a solution...... hth Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "anna" &...

Player will analyze and prepare music to burn but will not burn.
I recently updated to Version 11 and now my WM Player will Analyze and Prepare each song that is in the burn cue but as it initiates the transfer of the music to the disc, it generates a problem. As it starts the first song, it shows the message "finalizing disc" next to the first song. Then the burn ceases and the message " Windows Media Player can not burn files to the CD. Verify that the disc is clean and not damaged. If necessary, select a slower recording speed or try a different brand of blank discs." I tried two brands and tried several new clean d...

Why is my printed document a mirror image?
I have not changed any of the settings on my computer and all of a sudden, my printed documents are coming out a mirror image. When I do "print preview" they look fine. That would be caused by a setting in the Printer Properties dialog. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "lkrohn" <lkrohn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D0F46585-027D-484D-9CE7-67BA1C6CD2B6@microsoft.com......

Block Sender List #3
Greetings Is there anyway via outlook express or via an SDK or some function call to access the Block Sender list in text format, ultimately to be captured into an excel spreadsheet? I have a list of Block Senders that I wish to check and sort, in excel or a text file. All I can find is the graphic window which does not help much but look at it . Thanks in advance "Barry Fawthrop" <barryNOSPAM@ttienterprises.orgINVALID> wrote in message news:9EtRb.126808$I05.2401937@twister.tampabay.rr.com... > Greetings > Is there anyway via outlook express or via an SDK or some f...

Visio 2002: Save as Web Page & Link to PowerPoint vs. embedding PP dilemma
I have a dilemma. I have a multi-page flow chart in Visio 2002. Within the flow chart I link to several PowerPoint(PP) files that give details on steps within the flow chart. Problem: When I save as a webpage and then click on one of the links to a PP it works fine. But when I return to the flow chart, it always returns to the first page of my flow chart. Thus, I lose my place in the flow. I guess it has something to do with frames and returning to the frame I was on. ...a little over my head. Attempted Solution and the problem with it: So, I began pasting all of the PPs in the Vi...