Why is publisher newsletter not page wide when sent

When I am working on my email newsletter it is page wide.  When I send it it
is about 4" wide.  I want it to be page wide when it is sent to a client.
What do I need to do?

What do you call "page wide"? If you had started with the email template,
you would not have width issues.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Donna McDermed" <DonnaMcDermed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I am working on my email newsletter it is page wide.  When I send it
> it
> is about 4" wide.  I want it to be page wide when it is sent to a client.
> What do I need to do?

0
jl_amerson (3088)
7/6/2005 1:49:42 AM
How wide is email paper anyway?=20

"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <jl_amerson@hotmail.com> wrote in message =
| What do you call "page wide"? If you had started with the email =
template,=20
| you would not have width issues.
|=20
| --=20
|=20
| JoAnn Paules
| MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
|=20
|=20
|=20
| "Donna McDermed" <DonnaMcDermed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in =
message=20
| > When I am working on my email newsletter it is page wide.  When I =
send it=20
| > it
| > is about 4" wide.  I want it to be page wide when it is sent to a =
client.
| > What do I need to do?=20
|=20

0
webmaster911 (1600)
7/6/2005 2:12:41 AM
Good question. If I lay a tape measure across my screen, will that tell me?
;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Rob Giordano (Crash Gordon�)" <webmaster@siriussystems.invalid> wrote in
message news:ey4e1AdgFHA.2880@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
How wide is email paper anyway?

"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <jl_amerson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
| What do you call "page wide"? If you had started with the email template,
| you would not have width issues.
|
| --
|
| JoAnn Paules
| MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
|

| "Donna McDermed" <DonnaMcDermed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
| > When I am working on my email newsletter it is page wide.  When I send
it
| > it
| > is about 4" wide.  I want it to be page wide when it is sent to a
client.
| > What do I need to do?

0
jl_amerson (3088)
7/6/2005 2:23:49 AM
I started with a templete.  I have sent the Newsletter to myself, both office
and home, several times and it comes in far to the left and maybe 6" wide,
instead of 4".  When I get other email newsletters they fill the complete
width of the email screen.  My is so small it is hard to read.

Thanks
Donna McDermed

"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote:

> Good question. If I lay a tape measure across my screen, will that tell me?
> ;-)
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>

> "Rob Giordano (Crash Gordon®)" <webmaster@siriussystems.invalid> wrote in
> message news:ey4e1AdgFHA.2880@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> How wide is email paper anyway?
>

> "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <jl_amerson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> | What do you call "page wide"? If you had started with the email template,
> | you would not have width issues.
> |
> | --
> |
> | JoAnn Paules
> | MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> |

> | "Donna McDermed" <DonnaMcDermed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message
> | > When I am working on my email newsletter it is page wide.  When I send
> it
> | > it
> | > is about 4" wide.  I want it to be page wide when it is sent to a
> client.
> | > What do I need to do?

I will be happy to email the newsletter to you so that you can see what I am
talking about.

Thanks
Donna McDermed

"Donna McDermed" wrote:

> I started with a templete.  I have sent the Newsletter to myself, both office
> and home, several times and it comes in far to the left and maybe 6" wide,
> instead of 4".  When I get other email newsletters they fill the complete
> width of the email screen.  My is so small it is hard to read.
>
> Thanks
> Donna McDermed
>

> "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Good question. If I lay a tape measure across my screen, will that tell me?
> > ;-)
> >
> > --
> >
> > JoAnn Paules
> > MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> >

> > "Rob Giordano (Crash Gordon®)" <webmaster@siriussystems.invalid> wrote in
> > message news:ey4e1AdgFHA.2880@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> > How wide is email paper anyway?
> >

> > "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <jl_amerson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > | What do you call "page wide"? If you had started with the email template,
> > | you would not have width issues.
> > |
> > | --
> > |
> > | JoAnn Paules
> > | MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> > |

> > | "Donna McDermed" <DonnaMcDermed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> > message
> > it
> > client.

shoot me one, i'll take a look...just remove the obvious from my em =
addr.

"Donna McDermed" <DonnaMcDermed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in =
message news:DA5528E0-4172-451A-A1CB-BC4B3CA56CE8@microsoft.com...
| I will be happy to email the newsletter to you so that you can see =
what I am=20
| talking about.
|=20
| Thanks=20
| Donna McDermed=20
|=20
|=20
<webmaster@siriussystems.invalid> wrote in=20
| > > message news:ey4e1AdgFHA.2880@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
| > > How wide is email paper anyway?
| > >=20
| > >=20
| > > "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <jl_amerson@hotmail.com> wrote in =
message=20
| > > |
| > > |
| > > |
| > > |
| > > |
| > > message
When I send=20
| > > it
| > > client.
| > > |
| > > |=20
| > >=20
| > >=20

0
webmaster911 (1600)
7/6/2005 3:19:19 AM
Thanks, Rob, for the laugh!  I needed that.
--
Donna Aten, Coordinator
Project Linus - Boise/SW Idaho Chapter

"Rob Giordano (Crash Gordon�)" <webmaster@siriussystems.invalid> wrote in
message news:ey4e1AdgFHA.2880@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...

How wide is email paper anyway?

"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <jl_amerson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
| What do you call "page wide"? If you had started with the email template,
| you would not have width issues.
|
| --
|
| JoAnn Paules
| MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
|

| "Donna McDermed" <DonnaMcDermed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
| > When I am working on my email newsletter it is page wide.  When I send
it
| > it
| > is about 4" wide.  I want it to be page wide when it is sent to a
client.
| > What do I need to do?

:-)
So how's Linus doing?=20

"Donna in Idaho" <daawra3553@spamyahoo.com (remove spam)> wrote in =
message news:3j115bFnag95U1@individual.net...
| Thanks, Rob, for the laugh!  I needed that.
| --=20
| Donna Aten, Coordinator
| Project Linus - Boise/SW Idaho Chapter
| Website: www.LinusIdaho.org
|=20
| "Rob Giordano (Crash Gordon=AE)" <webmaster@siriussystems.invalid> =
wrote in=20
| message news:ey4e1AdgFHA.2880@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
|=20
| How wide is email paper anyway?
|=20
|=20
| "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <jl_amerson@hotmail.com> wrote in message=20
| | What do you call "page wide"? If you had started with the email =
template,
| | you would not have width issues.
| |
| | --=20
| |
| | JoAnn Paules
| | MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
| |
| |
| |
| | "Donna McDermed" <DonnaMcDermed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in=20
| message
| | > When I am working on my email newsletter it is page wide.  When I =
send=20
| it
| | > it
| | > is about 4" wide.  I want it to be page wide when it is sent to a=20
| client.
| | > What do I need to do?
| |
| |=20
|=20

0
webmaster911 (1600)
7/6/2005 3:26:45 AM
Linus is keeping Very Busy.  Our chapter has delivered approximately 6,600
blankets in seven years - nationwide the count is over 1,000,000 in 10
years.  We're not letting Linus loaf around!
--
Donna Aten, Coordinator
Project Linus - Boise/SW Idaho Chapter
Website: www.LinusIdaho.org

"Rob Giordano (Crash Gordon�)" <webmaster@siriussystems.invalid> wrote in
message news:%231CUPqdgFHA.824@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
:-)
So how's Linus doing?

"Donna in Idaho" <daawra3553@spamyahoo.com (remove spam)> wrote in message
| Thanks, Rob, for the laugh!  I needed that.
| --
| Donna Aten, Coordinator
| Project Linus - Boise/SW Idaho Chapter
| Website: www.LinusIdaho.org
|
| "Rob Giordano (Crash Gordon�)" <webmaster@siriussystems.invalid> wrote in
| message news:ey4e1AdgFHA.2880@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
|
| How wide is email paper anyway?
|

| "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <jl_amerson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
| | What do you call "page wide"? If you had started with the email
template,
| | you would not have width issues.
| |
| | --
| |
| | JoAnn Paules
| | MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
| |
| |
| |
| | "Donna McDermed" <DonnaMcDermed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
| message
| | > When I am working on my email newsletter it is page wide.  When I send
| it
| | > it
| | > is about 4" wide.  I want it to be page wide when it is sent to a
| client.
| | > What do I need to do?
| |
| |

Man...that's a LOT of bammies!

"Donna in Idaho" <daawra3553@spamyahoo.com (remove spam)> wrote in =
message news:3j127dFnqc8jU1@individual.net...
| Linus is keeping Very Busy.  Our chapter has delivered approximately =
6,600=20
| blankets in seven years - nationwide the count is over 1,000,000 in 10 =

| years.  We're not letting Linus loaf around!
| --=20
| Donna Aten, Coordinator
| Project Linus - Boise/SW Idaho Chapter
| Website: www.LinusIdaho.org
|=20
| "Rob Giordano (Crash Gordon=AE)" <webmaster@siriussystems.invalid> =
wrote in=20
| message news:%231CUPqdgFHA.824@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
| :-)
| So how's Linus doing?
|=20
|=20
| "Donna in Idaho" <daawra3553@spamyahoo.com (remove spam)> wrote in =
message=20
| | Thanks, Rob, for the laugh!  I needed that.
| | --=20
| | Donna Aten, Coordinator
| | Project Linus - Boise/SW Idaho Chapter
| | Website: www.LinusIdaho.org
| |
| | "Rob Giordano (Crash Gordon=AE)" <webmaster@siriussystems.invalid> =
wrote in
| | message news:ey4e1AdgFHA.2880@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
| |
| | How wide is email paper anyway?
| |
| |
| | "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <jl_amerson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
| | | What do you call "page wide"? If you had started with the email=20
| template,
| | | you would not have width issues.
| | |
| | | --=20
| | |
| | | JoAnn Paules
| | | MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
| | |
| | |
| | |
| | | "Donna McDermed" <DonnaMcDermed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote =
in
| | message
I send
| | it
| | client.
| | |
| | |
| |
| |=20
|=20

0
webmaster911 (1600)

Have Lost "To" column in Sent folder
I am running Outlook 2003 on XP. I have accidentally deleted the "To" column in the Sent folder and cannot find a way to get it back. Could anyone please help me with this? Thanks. -- Derek View-> Arrange By-> Custom...-> button Reset Current View -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Derek Chilvers" <DerekChilvers@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Publishing to the web through Publisher

publisher #74

Multiple Pivot Tables with single Page Field
I've got two pivot tables on a sheet, one showing the selected week' totals, and the other showing the month's totals. I want to link thes two tables to update automatically--if someone selects the week o 4/24/2005, then I want the other table to automatically select Apri 2005. What's the trick to doing this? thanks! Crai -- cscribne ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cscribner's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2366 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37409 You ...

Installing Publisher 2003 gives an error

Sending Publisher Files

Publisher 2000 #23

Publisher 2003

upgrade publisher

Customize Investment Summary on 'My Money' Home Page?
Okay, so I've got a lot of stocks, mutual funds, etc., that I don't own anymore. Can anyone shed any light on how I would clear that clutter out of the Investment Summary on 'My Money' home page? Denise ...

Created 3-panel brochure; how to edit back 3 pages?
Hi, I created a 3-page brochure and edited the content of the three pages. When I printed it, I got two physical sheets: the front three pages and the back three pages. I need to edit the content of the back three pages. How do bring them up for editing? BTW, when I find a duplex printer to produce the fully edited brochure, I'll be in Publisher Heaven :-) Thanks in advance, Richard Hi, again, Never mind; I found it. I opened a practice session and, happily, it started with a brochure. That example pointed out that it started with two pages. That made me take notice of the littl...

Microsoft Publisher ?

Why is publisher newsletter not page wide when sent
When I am working on my email newsletter it is page wide. When I send it it is about 4" wide. I want it to be page wide when it is sent to a client. What do I need to do? What do you call "page wide"? If you had started with the email template, you would not have width issues. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Donna McDermed" <DonnaMcDermed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5974DDA0-2E2D-4495-A5EB-FBF8F543482B@microsoft.com... > When I am working on my email newsletter it is page wide. When I send it > it > is abo...

Alignine text within newsletter columns
I am trying to create a newsletter for my company and the text within the columns are not aligning on the bottom when editing or adding more sentences. How do I make them even as I add new text? It will automatically cut-off at a certain point and go onto the next column when there is plenty of space for a sentence in the column I am working on. sncrze <sncrze@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > It will automatically cut-off at a certain point and go onto > the next column when there is plenty of space for a >sentence in the column I am working on. It only looks like th...

Multiple Meetings being sent by Outlook CRM
We have been experiencing an issue where clients who modify reoccuring, existing Outlook appointments are having the message sent to all meeting participants multiple times. Sometimes close to 30 times. It appears that CRM breaks the message up by day and resends it for each time, instead of as a reoccurance. Has anyone else seen this behavior in the field and is there any know fix/workaround known to the group? Thank you in advance, Scott ...

Publisher for MAC
I would like to be able to use some of the publisher features on my MACBOOK PRO, but have been unable to locate the software, I waited for Office 2008 for Mac and it wasn't there :( when are you going to have it available for we mac afficianado's? -- If you try it you can be sure if you don''t like it, if you don''t try it your assuming. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see t...

Help Publishing Custom Form
I have published a custom task form to my Organizational Forms Library following the instructions here: http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=34. It works great, and now I have 2 quick questions regarding selecting the published forms: 1. Can I make the forms available by selecting the NEW menu, so I don't have to choose the form, and then browse to find it? I would like be able to select New and have it show my custom form there AND the default task form for that folder. 2. If not, I think I am supposed to be able to highlight the task folder, then select the ACTION menu and see ...

convert Publisher document to Word
I created name tags in Publisher and want to convert them to a Word document so I and type a different name on each tag. I did it once and can't remember how - have tried saving the Publisher file as a Word file, but it only saves the text, not the formatting. Help! Hi Paula (pkrantz@thediscoveryalliance.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || I created name tags in Publisher and want to convert them || to a Word document so I and type a different name on each || tag. I did it once and can't remember how - have tried || saving the Publisher file as a Word file, but it...

How do I get upgarde for publisher 98 to 2000 ?
I have set up the publisher 98 but I have installed in office 2000 on my pc. My system is run win xp so now microsoft update office 2000 SR-1 ...so what shall I do then . aknz2004 wrote: >I have set up the publisher 98 but I have installed in > office 2000 on my pc. My system is run win xp so now > microsoft update office 2000 SR-1 ...so what shall I do > then . ======================================= If you want Publisher 2000, you'll have to purchase a copy of the program. You cannot upgrade Pub98 to Pub2000...they are two separate programs. -- John Inzer return e-mail...

Page setup setting not being saved
There appears to be a problem (at least with Access 2000) not saving the margins for a specific report - Any ideas ? Rob Any chance that the Tools | Options | (general tab) -- Track Name Autocorrect info is checked? That caused a know problem with report definitions in some versions of Access. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "Rob" <robc1@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:3-qdneidKdx8ZjnbnZ2dnUVZ_jKdnZ2d@comcast.com... > There appears to be a problem (at least with Access 2000) not saving the > margins for a specific report - Any ideas ? > ...

Publisher 2000 Publish error
Hi, I'm working with someone using Publisher 2000 who has added an FTP site and over a dial up connection tries to publish. He proceeds and then gets an error as transfer seems to be attempted: "Publisher could not save the file to the web. Please check URL or network address." He is saving as a web page and then trying to upload with appropriate credentials. I've asked that anti-virus (McAfee) and win XP firewall be off as well as a web accelerator but the error persists. I've Googled the error and have found scant information. Any help is appreciated. Try the fo...

2003 publisher w/XP and 2007 publisher w/Vista
I have numerous publisher files in XP that I'm emailing to have opened in Vista. Although the file can be opened the text is scrambled. Any ideas? Were the files created with standard fonts? Maybe your recipient doesn't have the font you used on their computer. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "JULIEW" <JULIEW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3CE85845-A3C2-4A00-80D7-81E27126C8B5@microsoft.com... >I have numerous publisher files in XP that I'm emailing to have opened in > Vista. Although the file can be opened the text is scrambled. ...